PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Dromar, The Banisher

Volt
08-30-2009, 04:15 AM
I've been playing and tweaking this list for several months. It's basically just a really solid control deck. Dromar isn't anything special, but he does fly and beat for 6, and his ability comes in handy once in a while. He's a finisher, so don't tap out to play him early unless you're desperate. Heck, I've won games without ever casting him.

Island
Plains
Swamp
Snow-Covered Island
Snow-Covered Plains
Snow-Covered Swamp
Barren Moor
Lonely Sandbar
Secluded Steppe
Scrubland
Tundra
Underground Sea
Godless Shrine
Hallowed Fountain
Watery Grave
Azorius Chancery
Dimir Aqueduct
Orzhov Basilica
Bloodstained Mire
Flooded Strand
Polluted Delta
Windswept Heath
Bad River
Flood Plain
Grasslands
Rocky Tar Pit
Esper Panorama
Terramorphic Expanse
Arcane Sanctum
City of Brass
Rupture Spire
Kor Haven
Reflecting Pool
Vivid Creek
Tolaria West
Temple of the False God
Strip Mine
Wasteland
Volrath's Stronghold
Riptide Laboratory
Academy Ruins

Azorius Signet
Dimir Signet
Talisman of Dominance
Talisman of Progress
Darksteel Ingot
Coalition Relic
Sol Ring

Angel of Despair
Dromar, the Banisher
Decree of Justice
Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Glen Elendra Archmage
Magister Sphinx
Trinket Mage
Venser, Shaper Savant

Counterspell
Countersquall
Cryptic Command
Desertion
Dismiss
Dissipate
Faerie Trickery
Hinder
Imp's Mischief
Mana Drain
Negate
Pact of Negation

Brainstorm
Crucible of Worlds
Demonic Tutor
Esper Charm
Fact or Fiction
Future Sight
Impulse
Merchant Scroll
Mind's Eye
Mystical Teachings
Mystical Tutor
Opportunity
Ponder
Relearn
Sensei's Divining Top
Tainted Pact
Tidings
Vampiric Tutor

Condemn
Dismantling Blow
Mortify
Path to Exile
Return to Dust
Swords to Plowshares
Treachery
Vindicate

Austere Command
Damnation
Hallowed Burial
Planar Cleansing
Wrath of God

Identity Crisis
Mind Twist
Rapid Decay
Tormod's Crypt

Volt
08-30-2009, 04:35 AM
Oops. Please move this thread to the Casual forum.

MMogg
08-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Haha, I've been working on an EDH with the same General.

Have you ever considered Absorb? It seems better than Hinder. :smile:

Volt
08-30-2009, 04:59 AM
Haha, I've been working on an EDH with the same General.

Have you ever considered Absorb? It seems better than Hinder. :smile:

Hindering someone's general is waaaay better than Absorbing it. Hinder is perhaps the best counterspell in EDH.

TheCramp
08-30-2009, 08:51 AM
The deck looks too "fair" to me. If it were my deck I would want some kind of busted combo to surprise people with. In my Vorosh deck I run Aether Snap and Dark Depths, and occasionally get responses like, "where is he going with this?" Then I respond to Aether Snap with Crop rotation and voila, 20/20 indestructible flyer. first its adroable, second I like to have a plan B. I'll update my Vorosh deck post some time soon, there is quite a bit of overlap.

Do you play more 1 v 1 or Multiplayer? Your Deck seems more geared to 1 v 1. If you win, many EDH games get to 1 v 1 at some point anyway, so it's not bad. I just think I would fit Martial Coup and Spell Jack in as well. (spell jack is strangely better in the mid-game) sweeper density - like threat density. It looks like you will always have that 1st - 3rd sweeper, with all your tutors, but then there are only 2 left in the deck.

Ohhhh snap, and Take Possession. Fuck, that spell is the shit. Play it.

AngryTroll
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Tapping seven on your own turn seems questionable for Take Possession. I guess it can't be countered. On the other hand, if I tap seven, I want to do something pretty ridiculous like Cruel Ultimatum or Martial Coup.

How would you make this deck more multiplayer friendly? I mean, it looks a little light on Wraths, but maybe that's just me.

Mind Twist and Identity Crisis are pretty brutal to only one player, but there's usually a clear leader. With only four players, if you can knock the leader out, you're probably in fine shape. The deck is pretty non-threatening, so you can probably take some beats and let the aggressive players get hammered or exhaust their resources, Identity Crisis the leader, and then win in the long game.

TheCramp
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Tapping seven on your own turn seems questionable for Take Possession.

Stealing Pernicious Deed, Oblivion Stone, or Disk is freaky. I run alot of ramp in my Vorosh deck (Natural Order, Garruk, Rampent Growth, Sac Elder etc.) so it might seem better to me than other builds. I run fewer counters than Volt does, my build is a tap-out control deck, so for me it's perfect.