PDA

View Full Version : Little Green Men invade RI-sort of.....

Joe_C
09-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Well, probably should have done this last night while it was more fresh in my memory but I will try to make the best of it from my notes and what is still left of my mind this morning. Here is the list, will explain choices(the non obvious ones) after:

14 Mountain
4 Rishadan Port
4 Wasteland

2 Mogg Fanatic
4 Goblin Lackey
1 Lightning Crafter
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin Ringleader
2 Stingscourger
2 Siege-Gang Commander
3 Goblin Chieftain
4 Goblin Matron
4 Gempalm Incinerator
4 Aether Vial
4 Goblin Warchief

SB:
1 Goblin Sharpshooter
1 Vexing Shusher
4 Pyrokinesis(fantastic all day)
3 Red Elemental Blast
4 Relic of Progenitus
1 Goblin King
1 Goblin Tinkerer

Round 1 Vs my teammate Justin playing ANT... great....:rolleyes:
I win the die roll and proceed to do the best things goblins can do game 1 against combo. Turn 1 lackey, turn 2 attack taking in warchief, turn 3 double pildedriver lacky-ing in siege gang commander leaving him at 1 life going into his turn 3... He plays retarded cards and my life goes from 20 to zero

g2. I play turn 1 lackey. He reaches across the table and punches me in the face. I wake up in 10 minutes and see he has ill gotten gains comboed for the win. I sign the match slip and clean the blood off my face and put some ice on my black eye.

yeah, so I lost that one

Round 2 Vs Jason Playing LED Ichorid

G1 He wins the roll and plays land, double LED, careful study, popping an LED, discards, dredges about 40 cards this turn and brings on the ichorid foolishness lilke its his job. I fanatic out his bridges but he has plenty of ichorid fodder for them to get me down low, then he dread returns for Inkwell Leviathan to seal the deal.

G2. I play turn 1 Fanatic, he plays turn 1 land, careful study, pass. I play land, atack, pass. He dredges for five, plays land, exhume(??:eek: ??) returning Sphinx of the Steel Wind. I look at my stingscourger in hand which is useless and cry inside. I shake his hand and scoop it up

so.... 0-2, but fuck that, Im here to play cards!!!!

Round 3 My opponent meant to drop but didnt make it official, I wait the required 10 min and claim my victory HUZZAH!!!!!

Round 4 Teammate Louis Playing UGW Natural order Threshold
I win the roll
I play turn 1 Vial which gets forced, but I have lackeyx2 in my hand. So my next turn I drop one, then the other and the little green bastards I play get it taken care of.
G2. A mogg fanatic takes him from 20 to 13 on its own since I cant find a 2nd colored source for awhile but I keep porting/wasting his lands while I can. Then I finally get a 2nd red and drop a chietain, then another one, and that gets it done.

Round 5 Pete Playing LED Dredge
Game 1 I get rolled after he does some breakthrough foolishness
G2 I lead with fanatic then waste his mana source and proceed to pounce on him with green men
G3 I believe the end of this game was double piledriver grabbing him in a headlock and choking him out.

Round 6> Gabe playing UGW Enchantress(old school with Cloud of Faeries/words of wind)
G1 I win the roll and do turn 1 vial. He plays forest, wild growth. I play a fanatic from my hand, then vial in another one. He plays land, Verduran Enchantress, pass. I play waste, nail his tropical island, then double fanatic the enchantress to hold him from drawing cards. He oblivion rings my vial, I am able to get in there with the green bastards before he can find another draw source.
G2. He plays turn 1 land, wild growth. I play turn 1 Lackey. He plays turn 2 Verduran Enchantress. I play turn 2 Pyrokenisis, attack, lackey in Siege Gang, he extends his hand and scoops....

So after that, I end up in 9th:rolleyes:

I was expecting to face zoo, so the one of crafter seemed promising, but I didnt cast him once today and Im thinking he should either be the 3rd stingscourger or chieftain #4. The board was feeling pretty good today, I cant say in particular matchups what I would have rather had in there. I dont feel I should make the sb able to beat combo since it doesnt have a larger presence where I play.

Props:
Dave for running a grand event as usual, having some elbow room at tables makes everyone happy.

Justin for teaching me yet again storm>green men, and being the one of us to top8

Mike for being the fun travel companion he is

Slops:
9th again

Ectoplasm
10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
so.... 0-2, but fuck that, Im here to play cards!!!!

This made me laugh :laugh:

rockout
10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I went 0-2-1 then 75 cents worth of gauntlet legends helped me go 2-2-1 on the day.

Eldariel
10-17-2009, 08:07 PM
The G1 vs. ANT kinda confuses me. I mean, you drop Warbeef turn 2 and yet wait until turn 3 to cast your Piledrivers? Then you Lackey in SGC turn 3 instead of 2? Turn 2 SGC + Pile is obviously GG (swing for 1, 17, ping for 2) and turn 3 swing with piles+team, drop SGC, ping face for 2 is also GG (swing for 1, 17, ping for 2). Are...you misremembering something? The only way I can see your play making sense would be if you only had 1 land turn 2 and topdecked land, SGC and Piledriver all turn 3, but that doesn't seem too likely, what with it involving topdecking 3 separate cards the same turn in a deck that doesn't draw cards. And G2, did he actually let you play?

Either way, good show. By the way, are the REBs for the ANT MU?

Joe_C
10-17-2009, 11:07 PM
The G1 vs. ANT kinda confuses me. I mean, you drop Warbeef turn 2 and yet wait until turn 3 to cast your Piledrivers? Then you Lackey in SGC turn 3 instead of 2? Turn 2 SGC + Pile is obviously GG (swing for 1, 17, ping for 2) and turn 3 swing with piles+team, drop SGC, ping face for 2 is also GG (swing for 1, 17, ping for 2). Are...you misremembering something? The only way I can see your play making sense would be if you only had 1 land turn 2 and topdecked land, SGC and Piledriver all turn 3, but that doesn't seem too likely, what with it involving topdecking 3 separate cards the same turn in a deck that doesn't draw cards. And G2, did he actually let you play?

Either way, good show. By the way, are the REBs for the ANT MU?

Well, knowin what I was playing against was the only reason I kept my opening hand since I knew he wouldnt counter anything and I had 1 land and lackey/SCG/warchief/Driver in hand. My turns were: mountain, lackey.... draw pile driver #2, attack, lackey in warchief, play piledriver for 1, turn 3 draw land #2, play it, drop driver, swing with team, lackey in SCG with only 1 mana available. and he drew the nuts off of a brainstorm:laugh:
And G2 I turn 1 lackey, he turn 1 wins me:laugh:
The REB's are for combo and merfolk, but I dont think they will stay in the deck for the next time I play. Instigator will definitely be in my list next time along with 4 chieftains