PDA

View Full Version : RB Goblins Top2 Tournament 20.09.09

ScatmanX
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
There was a little tournament far away from home this Sunday. But the near subway made possible for me and 2 friends to participate. 28 People attended. I, as always, played Goblins, Rb.
The list was as follows:

// Lands
3 [9E] Mountain (4)
4 [TE] Wasteland
3 [MM] Rishadan Port
3 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
3 [ON] Wooded Foothills
4 [B] Badlands
2 [LRW] Auntie's Hovel
1 [OD] Barbarian Ring

// Creatures
3 [ON] Goblin Piledriver
4 [US] Goblin Lackey
4 [SC] Goblin Warchief
4 [US] Goblin Matron
1 [SC] Siege-Gang Commander
1 [LE] Gempalm Incinerator
3 [EVG] Goblin Ringleader
3 [MOR] Earwig Squad
1 [LRW] Mad Auntie
1 [LRW] Wort, Boggart Auntie
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic

// Spells
4 [DS] AEther Vial
4 [MOR] Warren Weirding

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [AL] Pyrokinesis
SB: 2 [SHM] Boartusk Liege
SB: 4 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 [FUT] Magus of the Moon
SB: 1 [ON] Goblin Sharpshooter

Round 1
Maicon, UGB Goodstuff (Goyf, Stalker, Seize, Coatl, Fow, Stifle…)

Game 1- I donīt remember much, because I stopped marking my life at 18 and his at 16. Iīm guessing a big alpha strike ftw.

Sideboard: I havenīt seen many cards of his deck so far, so I go as follows: -4 Fanatics, -1 Gempalm, + 3 Relic, +2 Magus of the Moon.

Game 2- He Stifle my fetches, and Wastes my duals. Havenīt hit him once this game. No relics for me either. Goyf beats me down.

Sideboard: +1 Relic, -1 Auntie.

Game 3 – Land, relic. Another land, another relic. Both stick. I donīt have much going on. He counter some goblins, but he has nothing to do either. His Goyf beats me 1 at a time, tops. We gather a good amount of lands. I Weirding his Goyf, but in response to my now sole Relic, he breaks a Fetch, and is able to Volrath Stronghold his Goyf. I Warren it again, and donīt let that happen again. I After a while I Vial a Magus, but he floats mana for Doom Blade. I donīt really remember how it ends, but I could find a Matron and a Squad before he could find anything, and Squad >Doom Blade.
1-0, 2-1

Round 2
Thiago, Merfolk (monoU with Sovereing.

Game 1 – He opens with mana+vial. I open with mana+vial. He Standstills. His curve is way better than mine, and when I got the Matron in the battlefield, I was already dead by 3 lords.

Sideboarding: -3 Squad, -1 Warchief, -2 Weirdings, +3 Pyroknesis, +2 Tinker, +1 Shooter.

Game 2 – 1st turn Lackey gets Forced and he lands a 2nd turn Chill. His lords and Mishra (?) take me down to 1 life. Luckly, my Mad Auntie came down fast, and a 5 mana Warchief helped the others. I was never so glad this deck had 23 lands. 1 Pyroknesis after one attack and I stabilize. He has a Merrow Reejerey and the 2/1 dude out, which he payd 5 manas for. I managed to get 1 Piledriver, 1 Auntie, 1 Tinker and 1 Shooter down, when he Standstills. We both do nothing as I attack with only my Tinker, once that, if I attack with 2 goblins, all he has to do is summon a merfolk, tap a blocker of mine, and win. 4 Turn later Iīm able to Alpha Strike.

Game 3 – Donīt remember much of this one, but I have only lost 1 life in the game. It was preety fast.
2-0, 4-2

Round 3
(canīt understand my righting)
RGW Zoo

Game 1 – Taiga and Ape. I drop Waste and Vial. The Searches for Plateau ,swings, and drop another Ape. I Waste the Taiga, vial a fanatic to kill 1 ape, and lay a Port. He has no more lands, so I kill Ape 2 turns later with another fanatic, port his lands aways, drop Matron, Warchief, Driver, and Swing with a lot.

Sideboard: -4 Fanatics, -3 Squad, +4 Relic, +3 Knesis.

Game 2 – He mana go, I mana vial. He mana, pridemage. I mana go. He swings, and sac Pridemage, I vial Lackey, who gets Bolted. 2 Wastes and 1 Port later he dies easily.
3-0, 6-2

Round 4
Potira
Fetchland Tendrils

Game 1 – He starts with mana go. I mull to 5 (knowing what he was playing), and fetch, go. He eot Brainstorms. 2 Petal, ritual Ad Nauseam. GG

Sideboard: +4 Relic, +2 Magus, +2 Liege, - 4 Warren, -1 Gemplam, -1 Wort, -2 Ringleader.

Game 2 – I 1st turn relic. He does some things, like Silence me and stuff. I lay a 4th turn Magus, but he fetches an Island. Next turn I draw an Squad! Yey! No black mana for me because of Magus. I drop Warchief and Piledriver and swing. Next turn I draw another Squad that I canīt play. Swing and let him with 7. He Mysticals for Echoing Truth, and win on his turn via Iggy-Loop.
3-1, 6-4
We play 3 more game, for fun, from which I win only one, due to 4th turn Squad.

So I have to win next to get Top 8. The standings came out with only 1 gut with 12 points. The pairings came and I should play him. I lend him a Price of Progress in the beginning of the tournament. We decided not to play. I give him my PoP, and win 2-1.
4-1, 8-5

Top 8
Vitor
Agroo Loam RGb Confidant

Game 1 – I land a Vial. He mulls to 5 and start with G cycling land.I Piledriver. He Fecthes and Wish for Loam. I could have Wasted one land, but I figured he had another (26 in deck), so I Warchief and swing, hoping for no DD. He fetches, Loam, and Cycle. My turn I Vial in Matron, search for Matron, play Matron, search for Driver, and swing for 23.

Sideboarding: +4 Relic, +2 Liege, +1 King, -4 Fanatic, -1 Gempalm, -1 Wort, -1Squad.

Game 2 – He opens with mana go. I mana Relic. He mana, Mox, Kgrip. Outch. I lay some goblins down while he starts with some Loam shenanigans. He DDīs for 3, clearing my board. I had spared 2 mana on hand, and some goblins, so I start again, bringing him to 10, while at 16. He lands a Seismic Assault. I die 2 turns later.

Game 3 – He starts low, and I do 1st turn Relic, a 2nd turn Piledriver, 3rd turn Auntie. I start hitting and removing his GY. I only have King in my hand and, in fear of DD, I leave it there (mistake I guess…) Warchief + King seal the deal 2 turns after.

TOP 4
Leandro
Tempo ThreshThreshThreshThreshThresh

Game 1 – We both fetch, and we both Waste. I land a Vial. I have 3 Matrons and Wort in hand, and lands. I matron for Lackey, forgetting fire-Ice, that kill both. I matron for Ringleader, that reveals me 4 goblins!! My next turn he kills my Warchief and Wort with Bolts. I Ringleader again, Weirding his goyf, and remove 3 other from the game. GG

Sideboard: +4 Relic, +2 Liege, -4 Fanatic, -1 Gempalm, -1 Squad.

Game 2 – Keep an 1 land hand with 2 vials. 1st one he forces, 2nd one sticks, but he Waste my land then, and Start to swing with a small Goyf. I find a land, lay a Relic, and remove my Vial from GY. The game goes on forever. He lands another Goyf while I have to block. But vial at 5 for Squad give me a good blocker. He game goes on, he lays his 3rd Goyf, but I kill another, and a Goose. I have Warchief, Matron, Squad, Piledriver, and am at only 6 life. I try to Vial a Liege, but he responds with Volcanic Fallout, bringing me down to 4, leaving the table with 2 Goyfs 3/ 4 for him and 1 Squad and 1 Liege for me, while he is at 11. His turn he hits me with his 2 Goyfs (mistake I guess), and I block them both, leaving only 1 Goyf and 1 Liege. My turn I look at my hand of Weirdng, Driver, Warchief. I cast Weirding, that solves, so I gladly put Warchief and Driver into the battlefield and swing FTW.

FINAL
Leozorah
Zoo RGW

Game 1 – I lead with Fanatic, he drops Taiga and Ape. I WW his ape. He drops Plateau and Nacatl. I WW and swing again. I really donīt remember much, but he died slowly.

Sideboard: +4 Relic, +3Knesis, -2 Fanatic, -3 Squad, - 1 Incinerator, -1 Piledriver.

Game 2 – He only looses 2 life this game, while his burn kill my dudes, and his dudes kill me. I actually connected Lackey this game, landing Siege-Gang, but bolt on Gang, Thoctar+Jitte>Lackey

Sideboard: -2 Fanatics, + 2 Squad.

Game 3 – Mana Vial, he mana Apes. I land Driver. He lands Nacatl, Horizon Canopy, and swings. I Matron for something irrelevant (to remove for Knesis), and as he swings, I block, and knesis Ape and Nacatl (2/2). He drops another Ape and Cat. I do that once again, but I have no more cards left after 2 three for twoīs. He drops other dudes, still with 2 lands (and no Wastes or Ports for me…) I eventually die.

Second place! Iīm able to get some things for other decks Iīm assembling, but he had no Chieftains for me… My friend ended up at 4th, after losing to that Zoo.
Overall, nice champ.

Comments on deck:

-4 Relics sided in 6 of 7 Matches.
-Relic + Weirdings are good enough to deal with Goyfs.
-Liege will be cutted fot Chieftain.
-Squads are great.
-Wort was irrelevant, but there is usually a lot of MonoB here, so Iīll keep them.
-1 Mad Auntie main rocks.

Props:
Ringleader reveling 4 goblins
Getting a conceded top 8 (he was playing Zoo) edit:I would never beat this guy! Heīs the best and coolest player ever!
Relics
No dredge

Slops:
No Chieftains for me (werenīt fetches on the store also)
Pairings against a lot of FEFE team finest
Bathroom with no soap
Waking hangover at 7:30

FoulQ
09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I After a while I Vial a Magus, but he floats mana for Doom Blade.

Did he do it before the magus came into play? Otherwise it is too late.

Good job on the finish representing old school goblins.

ScatmanX
09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow. youīre right. I didnīt realised that.
He did it after I tapped Vial. He said ok, and I dropped Magus. Then he said īīIn response, I float 2b manaīī.
Well, learned for next time
Thanks!

FoulQ
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
That's why I really like magus in the sideboard. People never see it coming. And then they say "float mana.." and I'm like "no, sorry. game 3?"

I just realize your list is only 3 goblin ringleader which scares me.

ScatmanX
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes. 1 Wort s on the 4th Ringleader spot. I donīt know. Never really missed the 4th one. Though My next build with Instigator will surely run 4.

Fuzzy
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Getting a conceded top 8 (he was playing Zoo) edit:I would never beat this guy! Heīs the best and coolest player ever!

I'm sexy and have the strength of ten man together too. :tongue:

santeria
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
nice job. I didnt see you ever say anything about using the singleton barbarian ring.

ScatmanX
09-22-2009, 05:27 PM
nice job. I didnt see you ever say anything about using the singleton barbarian ring.

I saw it just once, against merfolk. It killed a lord. That was it.
But I donīt know. Againsīt Agroo Loam I wanted more basics to evade Wastes, but they had been all DDīd, so I guess Iīll cut it.

santeria
09-23-2009, 02:24 AM
cut it for what, a basic ? I've been running a singleton swamp lately to get around my badlands getting wasted all the time.