PDA

View Full Version : Lich's mirror

Tangle.Wire
10-09-2009, 04:26 AM
An amasing Card i think, i know there are some Combodecks on vintage working with it but there should be a way for legacy using it.

I actually first thought on a U/R Pile i threw together some days ago but there should be definetly some other minds for the deck, here are both "mechanics" i'd like to try:

Lichs Mirror + Final fortune
Lichs Mirror + Pact of Negation

both spells easily trigger the Mirror but i had no idea which comboparts could fit to an U/R build as we would like to kill in the turn where the mirror triggers, alternate way could be to use the fortune repeatly to genereate infinite turns maybe with welder+slaver lock beside intuitions and other draw/tutor effekts.

/edit There also could be a way playing it in a Stax shell with Metalworkes and so on..

DukeDemonKn1ght
10-09-2009, 04:40 AM
:eyebrow: :confused: :really: :frown:

Tangle.Wire
10-09-2009, 04:42 AM
:eyebrow: :confused: :really: :frown:

so this is a not really helpful comment, not even funny at all..

puppektion
10-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Honestly, the best use for Lich's Mirror I could find was in conjunction with Channel. Even then, it was iffy at best, but the idea was cast channel, pay life enough to cast the mirror, kill yourself, float 10+ mana, repeat, go into a giant Banefire. The problem: Channel is banned in legacy, and the pieces are really bad on their own (for vintage, that is).

Mind you, it is a fun deck to goldfish. But that's about it.

Tangle.Wire
10-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Honestly, the best use for Lich's Mirror I could find was in conjunction with Channel. Even then, it was iffy at best, but the idea was cast channel, pay life enough to cast the mirror, kill yourself, float 10+ mana, repeat, go into a giant Banefire. The problem: Channel is banned in legacy, and the pieces are really bad on their own (for vintage, that is).

Mind you, it is a fun deck to goldfish. But that's about it.

Jeah i finally know that we can't play channel, thats why i thought of pacts, final fortune to trigger the mirror, but there should be a way to combo out after the mirror shuffles.

MMogg
10-09-2009, 06:00 AM
This sounds like a great fun/casual deck, but I don't know how viable it would be. Anyway, Isochron Scepter+Final Fortune and Lich's Mirror. :cool: You could even use a Dragon Stompy type mana base in that you can use Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Seething Song, etc. to speed it up. Funny shit.

Tangle.Wire
10-09-2009, 06:15 AM
This sounds like a great fun/casual deck, but I don't know how viable it would be. Anyway, Isochron Scepter+Final Fortune and Lich's Mirror. :cool: You could even use a Dragon Stompy type mana base in that you can use Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Seething Song, etc. to speed it up. Funny shit.

Yes i also think a Stax/Dragonstompy build would be best shell around them, platinum angel+scepter and final fortune also works, i am not sure if isochron scepter would be that good at all but it would be fun to generate eternal turns but i more would like to see a combo kill =)

Mystical_Jackass
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
There's really nothing to combo off with it, the card does what it needs to do on its own without prematurely killing yourself off for one small effect.

There's only two ways I see abusing Lich's Mirror... Since after it cracks, you lose all your lands and permanents and have to start again at square one, while your opponent's sitting on 5 lands possibly with permanents out.

1) Burn/Control Deck. Burn opponent as low as you can go, use clasm/firespout/etc to hold them off, drop Mirror (if causes opponent to stall till disenchant, you can always bolt yourself in response to reset). Reset with new hand, hopefully giving you enough time to quickly chain/bolt ftw.
Would be interesting tactic if facing decks with lot of counters.

2) Black Stax. Especially in Black, since you eat up a LOT of life with blossom, Ancient Tomb, Phyrexian arena (I ran 2). Mirror could allow you to run their permanents into the ground... while sorta running your life into the ground lol. After your both at low permanents, could be an ideal time to finish yourself off... reset fresh at 20. THe advantage of doing something like that... beats me lol, but would be interesting SB vs heavy burn at least.

Pastorofmuppets
10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I had a deck in T2 once that went a little something like this.
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Maralen of the Mornsong
4 Spark Elemental
4 Hellspark Elemental

4 Incinerate
4 Lash Out
4 Lich's Mirror
2 Nameless Inversion
4 Shock
4 Tarfire

4 Graven Cairns
8 Mountain
4 Sulfurous Springs
6 Swamp

You could probably tool this into something Viable, though Painlands were a pretty big part of the deck.

omega furnace
12-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Let's go with Mystical_Jackass' idea
Lich's Mirror + Red Rituals + tons 'o BURN

Rough decklist

4 Lich's Mirror
4 Seething Song
4 Rite of Flame
4 Lightning bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Shard Volley
4 Rift Bolt