PDA

View Full Version : Rith's Multitude of Minions

Gibbie_X
10-11-2009, 12:39 AM
General - Rith, The Awakener (An Actual Dragon)

:3::r::g::w:

Flying

Whenever Rith, the Awakener deals combat damage to a player, you may pay :2::g:. If you do, choose a color. Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play for each permanent of that color.

Lands
1 Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
1 Dryad Arbor
3 Mountain
10 Forest
4 Plains
1 Taiga
1 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
1 Savannah
1 Mountain Valley
1 Darksteel Citadel
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Thawing Glaciers
1 Windswept Heath
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Grasslands
1 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Gaea's Cradle
1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
1 Mosswort Bridge
1 Rith's Grove
1 Krosan Verge
1 Reliquary Tower

Creatures
1 Yavimaya Dryad
1 Yavimaya Granger
1 Mycoloth
1 Nemata, Grove Guardian
1 Selesnya Evangel
1 Selesnya Guildmage
1 Verdant Force
1 Verdeloth the Ancient
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Rhys the Redeemed
1 Wood Elves
1 Bramble Elemental
1 Thelonite Hermit
1 Quirion Trailblazer
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Knight of the Reliquary
1 Knight of the White Orchid
1 Farhaven Elf
1 Weathered Wayfarer

Spells
1 Seed Spark
1 Relentless Assault
1 Breath of Fury
1 Verdant Embrace
1 Sprout Swarm
1 Spontaneous Generation
1 Saproling Symbiosis
1 Rith's Charm
1 Life and Limb
1 Search for Tomorrow
1 Fires of Yavimaya
1 Natural Emergence
1 Aura Mutation
1 Artifact Mutation
1 Pollenbright Wings
1 Glorious Anthem
1 Desert Twister
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Worldly Tutor
1 Muraganda Petroglyphs
1 Sol Ring
1 Collective Unconscious
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Doubling Season
1 Earth Surge
1 Gaea's Anthem
1 Primal Growth
1 Frenzied Tilling
1 Edge of Autumn
1 Crop Rotation
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Mirari's Wake
1 Fists of Ironwood
1 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
1 Life from the Loam
1 Return to Dust
1 Symbiotic Deployment
1 In the Web of War
1 Hull Breach
1 Nostalgic Dreams
1 Harmonize
1 Fertile Imagination

The premise, if you can't see it, is to pop out massive quantities of saproling, get them HUGE, then swing. I have some serious mana ramping, most of the creatures fetch lands or make critters. Nostalgic Dreams, Harmonize, and In the Web of War are more recent additions. I kept tossing Fertile Imagination back and forth. I really like the Weathered Wayfarer and Crop Rotation, but I don't think I would want Sylvan Scrying.

One of my favorite cards in this deck is Sprout Swarm, because it really goes bonkers. My favorite combo is Rith with Pollenbright Wings, or Mycoloth, its sick. Some of the cards I'm eh about is the Life and Limb, only if I'm playing against another an elf deck or something.

AngryTroll
10-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Don't forget Skullclamp. That card is BONKERS in a token deck.

(It's true that it is rather, well, against the flavor of the deck to sacrifice your tokens, but you'll draw more cards with which to make tokens.)

Ajani Goldmane looks like it'd be pretty solid, for it's awesome interaction with swarms of tokens. Elspeth is pretty amazing, but makes the wrong kind of tokens.

Krosan Grip, Nantuko Vigilante, and Thunderscape Apprentice might all make an appearance. Orim's Thunder should be in there for sure, that card is awesome.

Gibbie_X
10-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Don't forget Skullclamp. That card is BONKERS in a token deck.

(It's true that it is rather, well, against the flavor of the deck to sacrifice your tokens, but you'll draw more cards with which to make tokens.)

Ajani Goldmane looks like it'd be pretty solid, for it's awesome interaction with swarms of tokens. Elspeth is pretty amazing, but makes the wrong kind of tokens.

Krosan Grip, Nantuko Vigilante, and Thunderscape Apprentice might all make an appearance. Orim's Thunder should be in there for sure, that card is awesome.

Skull Clamp is nuts, but I don't think it belongs in this deck. I'm putting it in another deck. Grip I have been tossing back and forth as well, but hull breach and Return to Dust get two for one, Dust RFGing. I have plenty of pumps, so Ajani is eh. I'd put him in a life gaining deck.

xXxBretWeedxXx
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Why are Darksteel Citadel and Dryad Arbor in this deck?

Gibbie_X
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Why are Darksteel Citadel and Dryad Arbor in this deck?

Dryad Arbor can swing as well, and adds to Gaea's Cradle. Citadel is indestructible, with can help against some decks.

heroicraptor
10-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Painter's Servant for the lulz!

xXxBretWeedxXx
10-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Dryad Arbor can swing as well, and adds to Gaea's Cradle. Citadel is indestructible, with can help against some decks.

Both are unplayable in this deck. Dryad Arbor is basically a come into play tapped Forest which dies to all the wrath effects in EDH. Darksteel Citadel's indestructibility does what for you though? Prevents a strip lock? That 1 colorless mana isn't going to help you do anything. You're better off with a basic in either slot.

MattH
10-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Shared Animosity is a great way to increase damage.