PDA

View Full Version : RB Goblins Top1 Tournament 10.18.09

ScatmanX
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
So, second report in 2 months, but this time I nailed it! There were 43 people in the champ, with 7 rounds, no cut to top 8. The winner would gain a free ticket to the a final champ, that is going to give a Playstation 3 for the winner, and is going to be 3 rounds of Zendikar Draft + some rounds of Legacy. I thought there were going to be a lot of zoo, like in the last champ, so I maindecked 2 Liege and 4 Bolt. Well, I ended up running into 0 Zoo, but the list were great. Here it is:

// Lands
6 [DM] Mountain (2)
4 [TE] Wasteland
3 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
3 [ON] Wooded Foothills
4 [R] Badlands
3 [MM] Rishadan Port

// Creatures
1 [MOR] Lightning Crafter
1 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander
1 [M10] Goblin Chieftain
4 [US] Goblin Lackey
1 [EVG] Gempalm Incinerator
3 [AP] Goblin Ringleader
4 [7E] Goblin Matron
1 [LRW] Wort, Boggart Auntie
3 [ON] Goblin Piledriver
4 [SC] Goblin Warchief
2 [SHM] Boartusk Liege

// Spells
4 [DS] AEther Vial
4 [MOR] Warren Weirding
4 [AT] Lightning Bolt

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [FUT] Magus of the Moon
SB: 4 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 [IA] Anarchy (really, donīt know why…)
SB: 1 [CH] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [MOR] Earwig Squad (want to maindeck them again)
SB: 3 [AT] Pyrokinesis

Round 1 – André – Ledless Dredge
Well, nice match to start after taking Fanatic out right…

Game 1 – He starts with Pimp, I with Fetch. He discards Troll,dredge, play Coliseum, crack, 2 more Trolls, bringin 3 Narcomebas, 2 Bridges, and 2 Theraphy. I fold.

Side In: 3 Knesis, 3 Squad, 1 Tormord, 4 Relic, 2 Magus.
Out: 1 Wort, 1 Crafter, 3 Ringleader, 1 Gempalm, 2 Liege, 4 Weirdings, 1 Piledriver.

Game 2: I open Lackey, Bolt, 3 lands, SGC, Earwig. So lackey go. He drops Tireless Tribe… I drop land go, he suspend Gargadon and uses Careful Study and pass. I eot Bolt Tribe, and HE LETS IT! Man, what a miss play I guess. I attack, drop SGC, anc Prowl Squad. He uses Firestorm his turn, killing Lackey, SGC and Squad… I draw Warchief and start hitting. He Firestorm again, leaving me with 2 Tokens, that manage to finish him before Gargadon comes in.

Game 3: I have 2 relics, 2 Vials, and lands. I draw 2 more Vials, leaving them eventually at 5-3-3-2. He hits me with Pimp, but I Bolt it. I draw 5 lands, while exploding the 2 Relics, leaving him with nothing. When Gargadon is with 5 Counters (he had 3 lands) I drew Matron. His eot, I Matron for Matron, Matron for SGC, sac 2 tokens. My turn I hit, he Firestorms for 2, I sac 2 goblins in response, leave him at 3, and bolt him ftw!

Round 2 – Adriano – Spanish Inquisition

Game 1: he starts with Phyrexian Walker and Shield Sphere. I Lackey go. He does nothing. I draw, land, go. He Therapy, miss, and recap to take 2 Warchiefs. I draw Chieftain, play, and pass. He Brainstorms, and pass. I use Weirdings, hit, and put some goblins into the battlefield. He cast another walker, I bolt it, and kill him in the sequence.

Side In: 3 Earwig Squad, 2 Relics, 1 Tormords.
Out: 1Wort, 2 Ringleader, 1 Crafter, 2 Liege.

Game 2: He open with land go, I with Lackey. He cast Walker and Sphere again, and pass. I land, pass. He brainstorm or something. I eot Bolt Walker. My turn I Weirding Shield Sphere, Hit, and land Warchief. He does something. I Hit, drop Matron out of Lackey, and Prowl Squad. He had Tendrils in hand, but I removed Ad Nausem, and he didnīt had Iggy, So I won.
This was really lucky, once he didnīt drew Mystical nor Infernal Tutor.

Round 3 – Rodrigo – Ugb Thresh

Game 1: He start with Top. I lead with Vial, that was Dazed. He does nothing. I play 2 Lackey. HeDazeīs the second, and Ghastly Dismisses the first. He drops his 1st land again, and passes. I play Warhief and hit. He drops Goyf. I cast Ringleader, wich gives me my second Piledriver. I cast 1, that trades with Goyf. He cast another Goyf. I cast the other Piledriver, Weirding, and pretty much in right there.

Side In: 4 Relic, 2 Squad, 2 Magus.
Out: 1 Gempalm, 1 Crafter, 2 Liege, 4 Bolt.

Game 2: I open with Relic, then with another, and both stick. But he has top+confidant. When at 15 he drops a Plague, and when at 12, the 2nd one. I have Wort, but he BeBs it. Have 8 mana. Draw and cast matron, for Earwig, and cast it. He takes a few hits (ghastly dismiss donīt kill it, and I have some Weirding left for 2nd and 3 confidant.) But eventually finds PUTREFY!! =(
I fold, cause I wasanīt going to win, and was afraid of the time ending.

Side in: 3 Bolt, 2 Liege.
Side out: 4 Relic, 1 Squad.

Game 3: I mull to 2 lands, 2 Matron, 2 Warchief. He lands some goyfs and Bobs. I kill Bob with Bolt, and Goyf with Weirding. He Dismisses the 1st Warchief, but the 2nd one stays, so as Matron, who looks for Piledriver, that he counters. He brings me down to 6, but I overwhelm him with a Ringleader + some other goblins.

Game 4 – Vinicius – Canadian Thresh

Game 1: Vial, Force. He Ponders 3 times before finding a Mongoose. I avoid Stifles. I Weirding, he Spell Snare, and hit for 3. I Weirding, he Forces, and hit for 3. I Weirding, it dies. He is at 16 from fetches. I play and He kills some goblins. Eventually I am able to cast Chief, Driver and Liege, and hit for 10. He had no more answers, and I win.

Side In: 4 Relic, 2 Magus, 3 Squad.
Out: 4 Bolt, 1 Gempalm, 1 Wort, 1 Crafter, 2 Piledriver.

Game 2: He Forces my vial, and then Bolt my Lackey. He gets 2 Goyf and 1 Geese. He Stifle My matron, leaving me with 13, when at 17. I have 5 lands, a Magus and a Warchief. I cast Warchief, cause I know he had bolt or Fire. He kills it. Hit, and I block a Goyf. I go to 9. He has 4 cards in hand, and 4 lands. I draw Relic. So, I bait a counter on Magus, that gets Forced (he removed Stifle) and I cast and pop Relic. He hits for 1 with geese. 1 Draw and cast Squad! He draw go. A draw a second Squad!!! Hit, Prowl, and take out 3 Bolts. He does nothing. Hit for 10, but he triple blocks 1 Squad, taking 5. I cast Liege, that he Bebs. (If I had cast it before attacking, he would get Threshold). He draws nothing. I hit for 5 and Prowl my 3rd Squad!!!! taking 3 Firespouts. I saw then that he had more Bebs and EE in hand, but nothing kills Squad!! =]

Round 5 – Alma – Fetchland Tendrils

Game 1: Nice… 2nd combo… I land Vial, he land go. I eot Bolt. Then Port his land T2. My turn 3 I cast and hit with Warchief. He cast Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Iggy, Ritual, Cabal, Doomsday, but fizzles 1 mana short! I Bolt him, attack, cast and use Crafter with ability on stack to kill him.
Lucky me!

Side In: 3 Squad, 2 Relic, 1 Tormord.
Out: 4 Weirding, 1 Gempalm, 1 Wort.

Game 2: He cast Top and pass. I land Lackey. He upkeep top, play Fetch, yatayatayata, combos, and win.

Game 3: I lead with Lackey, he with Top. I put Warchief into play, and cast Relic. He does something. I cast lackey, hit, put Liege and Matron into play, search and Prowl Squad. He Tutors for Tendrils, and draw with top. I he Has doomsday in hand too. I remove Meditate, and 2 Rituals (donīt know what else I could remove. He had 13 already, and only 5 cards in hand and 2 lands, so I left Ad Nauseam there. I had lethal for next turn.) He brainstorm in his upkeep for nothing, and concedes.
Yey! Squad rocks!

Round 6: - Thiago – 12 lord Merfolk
Only me and him with 15 points!

Game 1: I start with Vial, that sticks. He cast cursecatcher, and then Lord of Atlantis, that I bolt before attack. I cast Matron, to bait counter, and he Forces it. He cast another lord and cursecatcher, and hit for 4, then for 6. I start racing him with Warchief + Piledriver, when he Standstills. I have 7 and he has 12, with Vial at 3. I draw Liege. Fuck, I cast it. He cracks Standstill, but has no Force. I hit for exactly 12, and win.

Side in: 3 Pyroknesis, 2 Squad.
Out: 3 Weirding, 2 Liege.

Game 2: He cast 2nd turn Silvergill, revealing Reejery. I started with Vial and then nothing. He cast T3 Propaganda. Ouch. And hit. I up vial, and pass. He cast Cursecatcher and Reejery. I try to Knesis removing a Lackey, but he Force. I had other Knesis, but only Squad in hand. I draw Matron, play, search for Ringleader, Vial it, hopping for some red cards, that reveals 2 Warchiefs, 1 that gets Exiled for 2nd Knesis, killing Reejery and Silvergill. He cast another Silvergill. My next turn I bump Vial to 5, and pass. He cast 2nd Propaganda, and pass. I eot Vial Earwig (that hits for 5 even under 2 Propagandas!) I draw and cast Lightning Crafter, removing Matron. By this time I had Warchief too. He draws and play an Merfolk, which I kill with Crafter. I kill another one with Crafter my turn, and hit for 5. I bolt his last Merfolk eot, hit for more 5, and Crafter him ftw!

So, Iīm the only 6-0, so I ask for my opp to conced, and he does so. So I win the champ!

We play 4 games for fun later, and he was playing Bg Dark Depth combo, and I win 2 and lose 2 games.

Comments on the deck:
- Chieftain was great. I need more.
- Lieges were ok, but I havenīt encountered Zoo nor Agro Loam…
- Bolts were awesome. Much better than Fanatics.
- I will buy 4 Instigators with the Store Credit I won, so I need to find some slots…
- Crafter owned the Merfolk MU, but was kind of lackluster in others. 2nd Chieftain would be better.

Props:
- Winning againsīt Dredge, 2 Combos, and Canadian.
- Earqig Squads, that were awesome in many games.
- Mc Donalds Milkshake for Lunch.
- Bolts, for being awesome and unexpected.

Slops:
- 2 teamattes doing bad.
- Removed Cizo tooth aching as hell.
- Heat with 43 people in a store.
- Anarchy. (no comments here. Should have been EE)
- Fuzzy waking up late due to hourly spindle.

FoulQ
10-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow. Holy crap. All I can say is, you beat two combo decks, canadian, and dredge. That is pretty impressive.

However I don't know how much I like your list. 3 ringleader we have talked about before in your last report.

Also, every list needs to be playing some form of 2+ chieftain in their 75 at this point and 2+ instigator as well. You better believe it is true.

It's too bad you didn't really get to test the bolts much. I was looking forward to hearing those results.

Muradin
10-19-2009, 04:06 AM
What's a "cizo tooth"? I looked it up but couldn't find it. I'd guess it is the same as a "wisdom tooth" but I am not sure.

ScatmanX
10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
@FoulQ: I couldn't afford Instigators, and didn't want to buy more Chieftains. Now I have credit for both, so there are going to be some changes in the deck.

@ Muradin: Is that tooth that some people have, and some don't, and I had to take it out.
Yahoo translator.

Fuzzy
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Slops:
- 2 teamattes doing bad.
- Anarchy. (no comments here. Should have been EE)
- Fuzzy waking up late due to hourly spindle.

One of them because he plays Bolt on SB, no Tarmogoyfs and with useless fucking Noughts.

Anarchy = Style Points. But I think Magus is GOSH and should be 4 ofs.

Yeah, I'm awesome and the best and coolest player ever! :tongue:

emidln
10-19-2009, 09:38 PM
From the looks of your report from the FT player either he messed up horribly or he managed to mull to 4ish in game 1. I'm not entirely sure why he was casting IGG because if he had 2 lands/petals + BS/SDT (SDT was implied because he returned 2 Rits + DDay off IGG, is this right?) he should have just won. If he had Ponder, he would have needed 3 lands/petals, but the win is similar (SDT/BS, LED, LED, Petal, Tendrils vs BS, LED, LED, SDT, Tendrils). If he had no draw spell, then I dday, go vs Goblins w/Warchief on board and 3 lands is a slower way of scooping (and the correct play would be to pass and pray). I'm very confused by this.

In any event, congrats on taking Goblins past two storm decks. From playing both sides of the matchup, it's one of the bleakest matchups a Goblins pilot might face.

ScatmanX
10-20-2009, 07:55 AM
He should have passed. In fact he told me that after the game. I would not be able to kill him my next turn. As I said, was lucky. FT is a very dificult deck o pilot, and i guess he is still learning it.

@ Fuzzy: I donīt own 4 Magus.

Shimi
10-20-2009, 12:09 PM
One of them because he plays Bolt on SB, no Tarmogoyfs and with useless fucking Noughts.

Anarchy = Style Points. But I think Magus is GOSH and should be 4 ofs.

Yeah, I'm awesome and the best and coolest player ever! :tongue:

I'm the one with useless FUCKING Noughts , and about Anarchy when i saw them I a made a :eek: expression but since I hate goblins I just acepted them.
Scat just owned many style points playing some foodchain combo pieces that were an great tech against merfolks.

I was the guy who brought the MCShakes and it turned into a great mind trick. Hot Day + McShakes = Win.:tongue:

@Fuzzy: Next time wake up earlier or set up 3 clocks like i did , then I can beat your ass down.

Fuzzy
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
@Fuzzy: Next time wake up earlier or set up 3 clocks like i did , then I can beat your ass down.

3 hours on SUNDAY? Sorry, no way.

Alma
10-20-2009, 11:04 PM
From the looks of your report from the FT player either he messed up horribly or he managed to mull to 4ish in game 1. I'm not entirely sure why he was casting IGG because if he had 2 lands/petals + BS/SDT (SDT was implied because he returned 2 Rits + DDay off IGG, is this right?) he should have just won. If he had Ponder, he would have needed 3 lands/petals, but the win is similar (SDT/BS, LED, LED, Petal, Tendrils vs BS, LED, LED, SDT, Tendrils). If he had no draw spell, then I dday, go vs Goblins w/Warchief on board and 3 lands is a slower way of scooping (and the correct play would be to pass and pray). I'm very confused by this.

Messed up horribly.
I think I had SDT, but decided to IGG for more storm before, obviously miscalculating, and screwed up.

I went 4-1-2, losing to ScatmanX and to that Merfolk guy.
Against this one I messed up a few simple plays, including missing a land drop, and deserved it.
The draw was against a TheRock, mostly because he connected 3 Seizes and 6 Therapies game 2, and Extracted my LED's in the early turns of game 3, slowing me down a lot.
I beat a bye (lol), Dredgeghast, TES and Mono Black Aggro, all quite easily.

I need to play a lot more with the deck before the next tournament, anyway.

chains
10-29-2009, 07:39 AM
What's a "cizo tooth"? I looked it up but couldn't find it. I'd guess it is the same as a "wisdom tooth" but I am not sure.

This:

http://www.odontodicas.com/images/dente_incluso.gif

:eyebrow:

Jeff Kruchkow
10-29-2009, 11:24 AM
beating 2 combo decks with goblins? Must be nice to be that lucky...
Congrats anyway.

santeria
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I had a dream I was playing this deck last night.