PDA

View Full Version : Dredging to Place 3 @ monthly Hassloch 18.10.09

Adan
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I have no spectacular story to tell, except that I somehow expected it will be the most boring tournament for aeons because Stefan Czolk and Fabian Moyschewitz were absent. Czolk is in Barcelona (getting wasted I guess. Is always the best bet when talking about Czolk) and Fabian was just too lazy to move his ass to Hassloch. Bummer.

edit: [Bryant-Style] Someone threw a bottle against my car, need money to fix this (http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2238/img7810k.jpg) [/Bryant-Style]

Since I enjoyed to torture ppl with Dredge last month, I thought I might just try it again. With Parcher's 75 and his SB plan, nothing can go wrong.

Match 1: Fabian Helfert with Noble Grow

Game 1 I keep a hand with permadiscard and Bthrough which gets countered. I slowdredge and win anyway.

Game 2 I DDD, then explode with a Bthrough.

2-0, 1-0-0

Match 2: Christopher Wilhelm with Noble Grow

This is where the deck just craps out on me.

Game 1 I had to mull to 5 and use a LED as One with Nothing, but it get's FoW'd after he opened with Land, Hierarch. Then he drops a 2nd Hierarch and a Goyf and one Turn later a 2nd Goyf and a Pridemage. I get my face smashed in like hell.

Game 2 was similar, mull to 4 with a Force on Tireless Tribe ftl.

Such a lucksack.

0-2, 1-1-0

Match 3: Sebastian Hamm with Noble Grow

This time it works for me again. I can't remember how, but I slaughtered him game1 and game 2 with massive brokeness.

2-0, 2-1-0

Match 4 against Sven Götze with Aggroloam

Game 1 I win due to a misunderstanding. He forgot to write down the -3 of a Analysis and missed that he could gun me down with his Assault (2 lands in hand plus barbarian ring out). He then just scoops to a horde of Zombies and Ichorids.

But Game 2 I win clearly with him not drawing hate and me going nuts with LED-Analysis.

2-0, 3-1-0

Match 5 against Johannes Schell with Mono R Burn

g1 I keep a hand with 2 LED and 2 Coliseum. Just need 1 Dredger to win. But he guns me down and I am 1 Turn too late with the Dredger. Shi4t!

g2 I have to circumvent a Relic which is kinda tricky without Ancient Grudge, but he is forced to crack it after some turns and I recover with Discard and Breakthrough.

g3 he annoys me a bit with a Fanatic, but then I recurr 2 Ichorids and DR Ancestors Chosen. After he read the card, he extended his hand in humiliation.

2-1, 4-1-0

Match 6 against Martin Müller with BW Pox

This was the nost frustating point in the whole tourney.

I keep a opening hand with COliseum, Bthrough, LED, Troll, Troll, and 2 randoms. He wins the diceroll (mis)playing Duress, picking Btrhough.

I play Coliseum, crack LED, Dredge 3 trolls, Flashbach DA, dredge 2 Trolls, sac a Moeba with Therapy for 3 guys, DR a Hypnotist with then, Sac the 2nd Moeba and the Tokens to Mindtwist him.

Then the judge interrupt everyone "We made a mistake - new pairings!"

I get a warning for shouting "Fuck you!" at him, but the pairings didn't change and we reset to 0-0.

g1 I win with Land, Imp and because his deck has got infinite useless cards against me.

g2 he mulls into oblivion, not finding a Leyline. And Dredge just does what ut is supposed to do - to humiliate.

2-0 (actually 3-0), 5-1-0

I end up being 3rd picking a fbb Plateau (my 5th now, bummer). I was still a bit annoyed of the deck crapping out, but it is actually something I have to accept in exchange for the deck being brute force. At least Christopher won the whole shit, so it was okay to lose against him. :-)

lorddotm
10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Congratz on the finish.

Any reason why Noble Grow is insanely popular in your meta?

Snief
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Congratz on the finish.

Because it´s a super solid deck choice. I test with Christopher before every tournament and the deck has a fast clock due to exalters and enough permission (read: Counterbalance) to save them. Fun fact: he didn´t had any grave-hate in his SB and forced Adans LED just to buy time :smile: Lucksack indeed!

(nameless one)
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
What exactly is Noble Grow?

Valdez
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
What exactly is Noble Grow?
For example:
Lands: 18
4 Flooded Strand
1 Forest
2 Island
1 Plains
3 Tropical Island
3 Tundra
1 Windswept Heath
3 Misty Rainforest

Critters: 15
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Qasali Pridemage
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Rhox War Monk

Spells: 27
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Spell Snare
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Ponder
4 Counterbalance
4 Senseis Divining Top

Its quite popular all over North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany), especially with NO-"Combo".
As snief siad, its a super solid deck, wich has quite good odds, vs. the majority of the tier 1-3 decks.

@Adan: Congrats.

badjuju
10-20-2009, 10:54 PM
g3 he annoys me a bit with a Fanatic, but then I recurr 2 Ichorids and DR Ancestors Chosen. After he read the card, he extended his hand in humiliation.

Haha. Good stuff.

Adan
10-21-2009, 06:41 AM

No, but that's why I played Dredge. :tongue:

I am sick of playing mirrormatches. I've been doing that for 2 years now.

Bryant Cook
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Way to kind of copy my title. Jerk.

As for the report, try going into more detail next time.

Game 1 I keep a hand with permadiscard and Bthrough which gets countered. I slowdredge and win anyway.

This doesn't actually tell me much. Describe what happened in between with you and your opponent.

As for the performance, good job.

emidln
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
As for the report, try going into more detail next time.

This doesn't actually tell me much.

He kept Putrid Imp, at least one land, a Breathrough, and had a dredger in his opening 8 or 9. Turn 1 PImp, go, maybe discard + dredge in upkeep, then lose a breakthrough after another discard or two. Proceed to dredge per turn until enemy dead. What kind of report do you want here? Play by play of what Dredge actually dredges? He made some Zombies, maybe some Ichorids, got his Therapy on and possibly event DReturn'd a juicy guy. Not stopping Dredge's dredge is the same as letting one of our Ad Nauseams resolve. The rest are worthless details because you can win in whatever manner you want when your opp doesn't stop your engine.

Bryant Cook
10-21-2009, 10:12 AM
He kept Putrid Imp, at least one land, a Breathrough, and had a dredger in his opening 8 or 9. Turn 1 PImp, go, maybe discard + dredge in upkeep, then lose a breakthrough after another discard or two. What kind of report do you want here? Play by play of what Dredge actually dredges?

It'd be nice. At least what you blabbered says something.

EDIT: In before your edit, bitch.

Adan
10-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Way to kind of copy my title. Jerk.

I know, but at least I didn't wrote that someone threw a bottle of glass against my car and I need money as well to fix that damage. Look: http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2238/img7810k.jpg

Edited for the sake of being lame.

This doesn't actually tell me much. Describe what happened in between with you and your opponent.

I dredge, he loses... WTF, I'm playing Ichorid, do you really expect any INTERACTION? :tongue: j/k

I'll keep that in mind, but since emidln has figured it out precisely, my first guess right now is just that you are mentally lazy. :-P
But I'll try a play by play report for the next time. But don't blame me for copying your whole report style then!

As for the performance, good job.

Thanks!