PDA

View Full Version : [Pauper] UB Control

Cyrus
11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
I love playing Pauper games, and there are some friends that play Pauper Legacy, so this is my take on UB Control:

// Lands
12 [ZEN] Island (1)
9 [ZEN] Swamp (1)
4 [TSP] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
4 [DS] Spire Golem

// Spells
4 [TSP] Mystical Teachings
4 [MM] Counterspell
3 [TE] Diabolic Edict
2 [9E] Mana Leak
3 [ALA] Agony Warp
3 [OD] Ghastly Demise
1 [IN] Exclude
1 [TE] Capsize
1 [IN] Probe
1 [CS] Grim Harvest
1 [DS] Echoing Decay
2 [RAV] Last Gasp
1 [TSP] Think Twice

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [M10] Negate
SB: 1 [WL] Spinning Darkness
SB: 1 [SC] Hindering Touch
SB: 1 [RAV] Shred Memory
SB: 2 [M10] Doom Blade
SB: 2 [MR] Wail of the Nim
SB: 3 [IA] Hydroblast
SB: 3 [ZEN] Spell Pierce

Agony Warp and Ghastly Demise are like the mvps of the deck. I used to run Innocent Blood, but now it seems too...symmetrical, and not being able to target sucks. Except maybe Diabolic Edict, kicking Blastoderms ass all day long. Think Twice is there because its probably the best option in raw card advantage instants, and Grim Harvest is there for Mulldrifter tricks.

Pure Aggro seems to be hard: Elves and Slivers tend to stomp me out. Jund seems to be 50/50 tho; and MBC is an easy matchup. I'm not sure if Plating is banned, so what are the good SB options for Affinity in those colors? I can splash for R if needed, adding Jilt and maybe Skred.

With the recent printing of Borderposts, Spell Pierce really kicks ass. It can work as a mana denial theme, slowrolling some really annoying decks. Jund, for example, gets pretty f-ed up by it, and it's also great in the control mirror and against combo. Maybe I should also up the Negate count to have a better matchup against burn. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

jimirynk
11-21-2009, 08:56 PM
A joke?:confused:

Cyrus
11-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Pauper = Commons Only.