4 Executioner’s Capsule
3 Impulse
3 Daze
3 Welding Jar
2 Trinket Mage
2 Necrogen Spellbomb
2 Ęther Spellbomb
1 Defy Gravity

So far the deck's been fairly mediocre. My testing samples are too small to be of significance, but average goldfish seems to be around turn 5, though winning on turn 3 or slugging along until turn 8 has happened as well.

I'm pretty happy with the majority of the deck, except for the spellbombs. I can't drop too many artifacts, as you need 18 or more to actually win the game. Considering one shuko and one salvager will be in play, probably an artifact land or two as well you pretty much need about 24 artifacts. I'm currently at 25.

I'll admit the combo is pretty frail (allright, it dies to every card in the game and then some) , but I'd like to make it work.
Any suggestions to improve this would be appreciated.

Jeff Kruchkow
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Id suggest some alternate way to win. If they are playing control and just hold removal for slashers you end up with beating with trinket mage as a win con. Which is non good.

Zir
11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm worried adding in a beater is going to dilute the deck too much. I'm going to test it though, any suggestions on what beater to play? Skittering Horror and Myr Enforcer are the first to spring to mind. Since Enforcer is probably cheaper and an artifact, I'll test that first. How about -3 Spellbombs +3 Enforcer?

Kangaxx
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Not to derail the thread, but why don't you just play Burn in peasant and strait up win?

jimirynk
11-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Cut blue for red

MAINDECK
Creatures
4 Kathari Bomber
4 Plated Geopede
4 Vampire Lacerator
4 Vithian Stinger
2 Sewn-Eye Drake
Spells
4 Blightning
4 Burst Lightning
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Terminate
4 Veinfire Borderpost
Lands
8 Mountain
6 Swamp
4 Terramorphic Expanse
SIDEBOARD
4 Goblin Outlander
4 Doom Blade
4 Magma Spray
3 Duress

Zir
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Eh, guys, I appreciate the advice, but I'd prefer to play something at least similar to the list in the first post. Please stop suggesting things that are basically -60 cards of my list +60 of your own.

Willoe
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Not to derail the thread, but why don't you just play Burn in peasant and strait up win?

Because it will die horribly to hate.

CoP:Red equals game over and there is nothing to do about it. Oh, there's also Rune of Protection: Red and the gazillion playable life gainers.

Oh, and it's very, very boring to play. I don't know about you guys, but I'm playing Magic for fun, not for the prizes. Especially Peasant (but that's also because the prizes are... Somewhat small like a couple of boosters or a playset of Peasant staples)

Zir
11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Tested the enforcers, but wasn't too fond of them. They often didn't come out all that fast (turn 3-4 most of the time) and used resources I could be using to just win the game. Might be including them in the sb as alternate win though.

Kangaxx
11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Because it will die horribly to hate.

CoP:Red equals game over and there is nothing to do about it. Oh, there's also Rune of Protection: Red and the gazillion playable life gainers.

Oh, and it's very, very boring to play. I don't know about you guys, but I'm playing Magic for fun, not for the prizes. Especially Peasant (but that's also because the prizes are... Somewhat small like a couple of boosters or a playset of Peasant staples)

Yeah, too bad Nevinyrral's Disk is a rare. I would play all burn spells and x4 Disks to get around that problem.

Willoe
11-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah, too bad Nevinyrral's Disk is a rare. I would play all burn spells and x4 Disks to get around that problem.

I don't think there is any other answer than playing some artifact dudes, really. I've been testing a transformational sideboard (although my deck was Pauper) and I found this to be rather challenging.

I don't know about Peasant, but it seems as if WW feat. lifegain is an unwinnable matchup. Just one Martyr of Sands sacced while the opponent is retaining priority after it has resolved on like turn gaining him 18 life (wow, that sentence was clunky, I'm a foreigner, I don't know if it makes sense) is game over since you will have to draw 6 bolt effects to outweigh his life gain.