PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Vorosh, the Hunter

Bardo
11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I've been tuning and tweaking my Vorosh deck for EDH (U/g/b) for a while now and thought I'd get some community feedback on some of my card choices.

The deck is pretty much U/g control with a black splash for some extra removal and multi-player cards. When I get bored, I'll probably drop the black splash for white. Most of the black cards have equal (or better) functional replacements in white, plus I'll get marginally better mana (Obelisk of Bant, Seaside Citadel, Bant Panorama) and be able to open up Alara block, which has some great cards for EDH. For now though, Vorosh it is (my favorite color combo).

I should note that I have this deck sleeved up and ready to go, it's not a just on paper. Other than getting a few must-haves (like Damnation and Verdant Catacombs), I don't plan on picking up anything that costs more than $3-4 or so for now (so no Watery Grave or Overgrown Tomb), but if it's awesome, I'll add it to my Want List.

A lot of care has been taken to balance spell vs. creatures, mana curve, colored mana requirements, etc. so I'd rather not make large changes without revamping things (mainly the mana).

Cards that I'm not 100% on get a "?" Cards listed in blue/brackets are cards that that I plan to add in place of the cards not in brackets.

So, what am I missing and what changes would you make?

GENERAL

Vorosh, the Hunter

SPELLS

(X Spells)
Engineered Explosives
Hurricane
Skeletal Scrying

(CMC: 1)
Ancestral Visions
Berserk
Ponder [Whispers of the Muse]
Rancor
Skullclamp
Sol Ring
Stifle [Innocent Blood]

(CMC: 2)
Dimir Signet
Golgari Signet
Simic Signet
Counterspell [Tidings]
Copy Artifact
Diabolic Edict
Regrowth
Seal of Primordium
Sylvan Library
Twincast

(CMC: 3)
Infest [Damnation]
Jace Beleren
Krosan Grip
Pernicious Deed
Putrefy
Sword of Light & Shadow
Thunderstaff (?)
Timetwister

(CMC: 4)
Fact or Fiction

(CMC: 5)
Mind’s Eye
Misdirection

(CMC: 6)
Mindslaver

CREATURES

(CMC: 1)
Cosi’s Trickster

(CMC: 2)
Abyssal Gatekeeper
Nezumi Graverobber
Sakura Tribe-Elder
Willbender
Withered Wretch
Yixlid Jailer

(CMC: 3)
Eternal Witness
Fleshbag Marauder
Isao, Enlightened Bushi [Clone]
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner (?)
Lorescale Coatl
Old Man of the Sea
Plaxcaster Frogling (?)
Trinket Mage
Trygon Predator

(CMC: 4)
Filth (?)
Forgotten Ancient
Mystic Snake
Wickerbough Elder
Wonder

(CMC: 5)
Acidic Slime
Genesis
Morphling (?)
Mulldrifter
Shriekmaw
Vesuvan Doppelganger

(CMC: 6)
Arcanis, the Omnipotent
Rampaging Baloths [Multani]

LAND

Tropical Island
Breeding Pool
Simic Growth Chamber
Underground Sea
Dimir Aqueduct
Bayou
Golgari Rot Farm
Flooded Strand
Misty Rainforest
Polluted Delta
Scalding Tarn
Terramorphic Expanse
Windswept Heath
City of Brass
Rupture Spire
Lonely Sandbar
Minamo, School at Water’s Edge
Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
Remote Isle
Snow-covered Island
Tolaria
Tolaria West
Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
Snow-covered Forest
Treetop Village
Shizo, Death’s Storehouse
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Academy Ruins
Strip Mine
Volrath’s Stronghold
Maze of Ith
2 Island
3 Forest [Pendelhaven, Llanowar Reborn]
2 Swamp [Urborg]

DECK STATS

Mana Curve:
1 cc: 8
2 cc: 16
3 cc: 17
4 cc: 6
5 cc: 8
6 cc: 3
x cc: 3
Average Casting Cost: ~2.98

Card Type Distribution:
General: 1
Spells: 32
Creatures: 29
Land: 38

Colored Cost Distribution:
Blue: 34
Green: 25
Black: 14
Colorless: 10

Colored Mana Distribution:
Blue: 22
Green: 19
Black: 16
Colorless: 3
Lands that Don’t Produce Mana: 1
Total Mana Sources: 42

Cards to Get/Test:

Chainer’s Edict (*)
Civic Wayfinder
Clone (*)
Damnation (*)
Decree of Pain
Demonic Tutor
Exotic Orchard
Garruk Wildspeaker
Gifts Ungiven
Innocent Blood (*)
Imperious Perfect
Kodama’s Reach
Llanowar Reborn (*)
Master of the Wild Hunt
Multani, Maro-Sorcerer
Oblivion Stone
Oversold Cemetery (*)
Patagia Viper
Pendelhaven
Primal Command
Profane Command
Scute Mob
Skeletal Vampire
Stuffy Doll
Tidings (*)
Urborg
Verdant Catacombs (*)
Vesuva
Voidslime
Wall of Roots
Whispers of the Muse

(Cards in "*" are highest on my list to get.

MattH
11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't plan on picking up anything that costs more than $3-4 or so for now (so no Watery Grave or Overgrown Tomb), but if it's awesome, I'll add it to my Want List.

The filter lands from Shadowmoor/Eventide have fallen to about this price range. They're pretty strong, arguably stronger here than the shock-lands.

http://magictraders.com/cgi-bin/query.cgi?list=magic&target=flooded+grove&field=0&operator=re
http://magictraders.com/cgi-bin/query.cgi?list=magic&target=sunken+ruins&field=0&operator=re
http://magictraders.com/cgi-bin/query.cgi?list=magic&target=twilight+mire&field=0&operator=re

(If this is meant for 1v1, let us know.)

Ponder is pretty bad, but so is Whispers. Use neither.

In multiplayer, 1-for-1s are terribly underpowered, so stuff like Counterspell <<< Desertion, Draining Whelk etc. At the VERY least change Counterspell to Hinder, which fucks people's generals up. Or Dissipate.

Speaking of fucking with people's generals, Spitting Image is like the #1 reason to have blue and green in your deck. You need that.

Is there a defensible reason you're not running Rhystic Study? there's a bunch of 'staple' cards I'm not seeing, like Solemn Simulacrum, etc. Too conformist for you? Also, Opportunity is awesome, definitely better than Tidings and probably better than Skeletal Scrying (although there's no reason you couldn't run both).

Cosi’s Trickster: why? Random mid-size beater, and that's best-case scenario, blahhhh.

I don't like the signets at all, ever. They're very bad with your Deed, and people play shit like Disk and O.Stone all the time. I much prefer the CIP land-accelerators like Farhaven Elf, who aren't undone by a sweep. Even Rampant Growth is better than signets. Farseek even gets your duals, and Nature's Lore will do it untapped! The suspend one from Time Spiral is strong also.

Also, Coiling Oracle is super-good.

Steal Enchantment can be a good one. Nothing like taking that Debtor's Knell for yourself.

Even with Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth in the deck, Filth seems poor. I don't see Survival or Buried Alive or any way to force him in the yard, either - and Timetwister and Yixlid Jailer to counteract him!

A Reliquary Tower would do you good. Cut City of Brass, you have a billion duals at your disposal, no need to take 5-10 damage.

Lastly, Gifts Ungiven is banned, so don't bother testing it.

Bardo
11-25-2009, 04:00 PM
With all of the searching involved with Gifts and how that slows games / annoys opponents, I didn't plan on running it, just didn't feel like getting called out on "where's Gifts." Good to know that it's banned.

Also, yeah, the deck is for multi-player (not 1:1); I tried to keep the 1:1 cards at a minimum since they're basically card disadvantage in a group; for instance, I planned on CSpell -> Tidings, but Draining Whelk is better if I want to keep the functional slot.

No good reason on not running Rhystic Study, except that I didn't want to draw too much fire from around the table; I do love that card.

The rest of your suggestions are good (Coiling Oracle was on my short list but got cut for looking too weak, it's probably not); Cosi's Trickster is there for something to do when people are searching their libraries (not a good defense); Steal Enchantment is something I should definitely add; I'll think about the rest later.

Thanks, Matt!

Jak
11-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Cut
Engineered Explosives
Ponder
Rancor
Seal of Primordium
Thunderstaff
Cosi's Trickster
Isao
Kira
Old Man
Filth
Wonder
Lorescale Coatl

Add
Sensei's Divining Top
Hinder
Dissipate
Future Sight
Maelstrom Pulse
Cryptic Command
Dismiss
Intuition
Mystical Teachings
Opportunity
Tidings (leave Counterspell in)
Woodfall Primus

I would do this. The decks at Other Worlds (I hope this is where you plan to bust this out :smile: ) range from terrible to crazy good, so running a few counters so you don't get blown out by a Drain Life or Living Death is good. Some cards are just weak for Multiplayer so adding more CA instead of Ponder and more removal in place is the weaker creatures is better imo. I also like the Skullclamp so focusing on that a little more with mana elves, Solemn Simulacrum, etc could be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iMkph_SRw

^That could help.

I plan on going to Other Worlds this Sunday for te first time in a while to play some EDH at least. You should come. I have a Verdant Catacombs and Tidings (and maybe a few more little wants) that you can borrow/trade for. Good luck on the deck.

Bardo
11-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Cool; I'll be there. EDH starts at 1, right?

Thanks for the link.

Jak
11-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I just checked and it's at noon.

Zach Tartell
01-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Going off of your list in the other thread, I'm not sure about some of your choices. Copy artifact? I know the format's full of busted things, but it seems like that would more often than not just turn into an opponent's signet or something.

Also, are you trying to go aggro? 'Cause Garruk is an excellent overrun (if you are, in fact, trying to win the game by turning sideways) that isn't just for making your creatures dumb.

Also, you're not running nearly enough acceleration. I feel like maybe our playgroup has overdone that a bit (turns one through three are pretty much spending time growing mana, 'scept for the excellent "Plains, Ismaru" from ol' white weenie), but you really can't not play Farseek and Reach (and maybe Explosive Vegitation).

And, you should be running more basic lands.

Bardo
01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Since poked by Zach, I should give an update. Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.

I was able to get all three Signets into play and they were all destroyed. Not in an evil, vengeful sort of way ("Because you [did that thing to me], I'm going to get you back"). Nope, more like, "Hmm, what do you have over there? Oh. I'll nuke that." Two Signets died to an Aura Shards, another to some random CIP red effect.

So:
3 Signets -> Armillary Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Coiling Oracle

Jak was able to trade me a Rhystic Study (foil), Spitting Image, Draining Whelk, Tidings + something else before the event.

Rhystic Study was bonkers and drew me a billion cards. Thankfully, the effect isn't mandatory, since I was concerned I was going to be too much of a target drawing fistfuls of cards because of it. Maze of Ith really fucked me, so I added a Crop Rotation in place of Rancor.

One card I found to be awesome, from an opponent, was Whispersilk Cloak. I was able to get that + a nice dark-bordered Demonic Tutor (from the new B vs. G theme deck) from the store credit I got from getting 3rd w/ Chalice Still.

So:

? -> Demonic Tutor
SoLS -> Whispersilk Cloak

I have a Farseek and could certainly add that. Garruk is something I should be running.

Favorite recent play being stealing an opposing Creekmore Liege w/ Old Man, copying it w/ V Doppelganger and attacking for a lot w/ Vorosh.

Here's the updated list:

“Vorosh” (for Elder Dragon Highlander)
by Bardo

General
Vorosh, the Hunter

Spells
Hurricane
Skeletal Scrying
Ancestral Visions
Berserk
Crop Rotation
Sensei’s Divining Top
Skullclamp
Sol Ring
Stifle [Innocent Blood]
Armillary Sphere
Counterspell
Copy Artifact
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Edict
Regrowth
Seal of Primordium
Sylvan Library
Twincast
Infest [Damnation]
Darksteel Ingot
Jace Beleren
Krosan Grip
Pernicious Deed
Putrefy
Rhystic Study
Timetwister
Whispersilk Cloak
Fact or Fiction
Liliana Vess
Mind’s Eye
Misdirection
Tidings
Mindslaver
Spitting Image

Creatures
Cosi’s Trickster [Scute Mob]
Coiling Oracle
Nezumi Graverobber
Sakura Tribe-Elder
Tarmogoyf (post-surgery, after the dog ate it)
Willbender
Withered Wretch
Yixlid Jailer
Eternal Witness
Fleshbag Marauder
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Lorescale Coatl [Garruk Wildspeaker]
Old Man of the Sea
Trygon Predator
Trinket Mage
Forgotten Ancient
Mystic Snake
Wickerbough Elder
Wonder
Acidic Slime
Genesis
Morphling
Mulldrifter
Shriekmaw
Vesuvan Doppelganger
Arcanis, the Omnipotent
Draining Whelk

Land
Tropical Island
Breeding Pool
Simic Growth Chamber
Underground Sea
Dimir Aqueduct
Bayou
Golgari Rot Farm
Flooded Strand
Misty Rainforest
Polluted Delta
Scalding Tarn
Terramorphic Expanse
Windswept Heath
City of Brass [Flooded Grove]
Rupture Spire
Lonely Sandbar
Minamo, School at Water’s Edge
Remote Isle [Vesuva]
Snow-covered Island
Tolaria
Tolaria West
Snow-covered Forest
Treetop Village
Urborg
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Academy Ruins
Strip Mine
Volrath’s Stronghold
Maze of Ith
2 Island
3 Forest [Llanowar Reborn, Overgrown Tomb]
1 Swamp

Kanabo
01-02-2010, 03:44 PM
honestly i think that you should find a way to keep loresale coatl in the deck. It has the potential to become the biggest creature on the board, and if your opponent doesnt have an answer for it they will die as it just grows and grows bigger.

Bardo
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I love Lorescale. Do you have any suggestions on what I should cut Garruk then?

In general, if anyone has a card recommendation, please give me an idea on what I should drop for the card(s).

BackDr0p
01-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't understand why Lord of Extinction isn't in your list? He has the potential to become ridiculously huge. He's in the same league as Scute Mob and Coatl, but is an immediate threat to the board. The only drawback is its lack of evasion. Luckily you have wonder for that.

Another suggestion would be Culling Scales. It combines itself wonderfully with SDT. It's a controlled Mini-Smokestacks. Until you regain board position and drop a fatty to win it.

EDIT:
Bloodghast + Skullclamp = Stupid Broken

EDIT2:
Where is Crystal Shard (Even though it doesn't work w/ Kira)? You play with a bunch of CIP-effect creatures, but don't have anything to reuse them with. Shard + M. Snake. Shard + Coiling Oracle. Shard + Mulldrifter. Shard + ... You get the picture.
On top of that you can save your critters from removal.

Zach Tartell
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Stand by for thorough!

Hurricane
Do you really have to burn out fliers that often? They just made one that's an instant and doesn't damage you. Unless you're using it as a burn spell.

Berserk
I hate hate hate 2-or-more-for-1s, and you don't run enough permission to risk it, in my most humble opinion. This seems like it'd lead to plenty of those. Or it's just overkill. None of your guys are even impressive with it (unless you added Primus while I wasn't looking). Permanent pumps are way better (or a removal spell or another counter).

Armillary Sphere
You don't run enough basics. You need to run more. This is a good card, but you (unless you affect the changes I'm suggestion) don't have enough basics to support it.

Copy Artifact
I'm not sure this is super good, but the format is full of artifacts that I, as a Qualified Mental Retardation Professional, would call retarded. I can see it, but I don't dig it.

Twincast
Eh. I'm used to Wild Ricochet, though, so I guess this might be ok. Like a standard player (pre-alara) trying to explain that Condemn is pretty good, just not as good as Swords.

Timetwister
Do you really need a draw 7 that'll give everybody else seven? It's actually a legitimate way to recur stuff in your yard for a blue deck, but I don't dig it. I feel like opponents will benefit more from it than you, which is the exact reason that I dropped Wheel from my aggro decks with red.

Misdirection
Yawn. Although it's Wild Ricochet syndrome all over again. Losing cards SUCKS; I'd suggest Deflection or whatever from Ice Age et al. Especially if your group isn't super cutthroat; you'll almost always have the time to pay four (or it'll be forgiving enough for you to live through whatever spell you'd like to dodge).

Mindslaver
Mean. Horrible. Cut it. Not fun for EDH at all. I play all kinds of mean cards, but this isn't one that I'd EVER use.

Spitting Image
I guess it kills generals and is cute with CIP effects, but five (it's five, right?) is a bit much. And you don't have a Loam or Crucible to negate the loss of land drops.

Scute Mob
Really? Just a big old beater? Can't you do better? It's not like curves matter at all after turn four in this format. You can find a better card for turning sideways than a 1/1 who gets bigger with a delayed triggered ability.

Tarmogoyf
See above, only make more fun of it. Goyf is good, but not so good that you should run it in this format. If you're looking for dumb beaters I'd hit up Lord of Extinction or Spritmonger.

Old Man of the Sea
Run shackles. It'll be just as good at stealing dorks and will occasionally nab giants (but only if you add more basics. See where I'm going with this?).

Wonder&Genesis
I don't see a way to pitch them. Add Survival? You play enough creatures to support it, I reckon.

Morphling
Hey Dan! Did you hear about this thing called new combat rules? They suck a bunch. And make your shifty friend pretty freaking horrible.

Arcanis, the Omnipotent
If you aren't playing a way to cheat mana out early (man, I'm SO good at laying the foundation to get you to play mana dorks)(but only like Farhaven Elf and Wood Elves, not like "I tap for mana" elves.) he's awful lackluster. And a dangerous guy for your opponent to Desertion. Not that that's a good reason to not run something, but you should think about it.

City of Brass/Flooded Grove
I run a five color deck and City of Brass is on my chopping block. You can run better fixing (or acceleration that'll also fix your mana) than this.

Rupture Spire
A Vivid Creek (I feel like that's the blue one) is better than this 'cause you can top on your turn or keep two blue up on turn three or whatever. Spire is good, but I don't even run it in my full-o-mean EDH deck. Which is five colors and MEAN.

I cannot think of a reason that you'd run this other than that you have a foil or something. Run an Island.

Tolaria
Island!

If you played more than like... two (with Arcanis, who doesn't turn sideways like that) legends I'd be down with it. Otherwise it's just a forest that can be Blood Mooned or Back to Basics'd or wastelanded (although that's a piss poor wasteland target). I'd run a forest, but this is the best of your bad lands. (ha! I made it sound like you were running a mountain swamp!)

Treetop Village
Meh. I see that it's cool that he tramples, but it messes with your mana early game and doesn't do much late game (I suppose you can't run Monastery in your colors, so it's ok that you're running it. Like, I don't like it. But I can't tell you not to. But you don't play Loam or Crucible so it's kinda unimpressive insofar as being a good blocker/et cetera.) Keep it if you want, but I don't like it.

Good, but I'd like more swamps (duh) and it'd be better if you had more legends, but this is head and shoulders better than stupid Okina.

Urborg
This one is more useful than Tolaria, I guess. But still should only be here because you have a cool black bordered one.

Cycle lands
No loam to make them better. Run an Opportunity or something and then maybe cut them for CIPT lands that do more. Like... anything more.

Anusien
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Spitting Image is some good with Eternal Witness.

Bryant Cook
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Zach's Post

Welcome to Syracuse EDH! WE PLAY FOR KEEPS.

aljiichiban
06-19-2011, 08:12 AM
HI All:

I have tried this list with Vorosh as the general and a control shell:

General: Vorosh the Hunter

Lands: 35

Underground Sea
High Market
Scalding Tarn
Terramorphic Expanse
Lonely Sandbar
Tranquil Thicket
Verdant Catacombs
Temple of the False God
Phyrexian Tower
Tolaria West
Academy ruins
Reliquary Tower
Strip Mine
Watery Grave
Underground River
Tropical Island
Yavimaya Coast
Overgrown Tomb
Misty Rainforest
Golgari Rot Farm
Simic Growth Chamber
Sunken Ruins
Twilight Mire
Flooded Grove
Polluted Delta
Forest x 3
Swamp x 3
Island x 3
Llanowar Wastes

ramp: 12
everflowing chalice
krosan tusker
yavimaya elder
farhaven elf
sakura-tribe elder
rampant growth
kodama's reach
cultivate
explosive vegetation
life from the loam
darksteel ingot
skyshroud claim

draw: 8
coiling oracle
muldrifter
inspiration
deep analysis
harmonize
stroke of genius
blue sun's zenith
sensei's divining top

removal/sweepers:8
putrefy
malestrom pulse
nevinryal's disk
pernicious deed
damnation
decree of pain
duplicant
indrik stomphowler

control:14
glen elendra archmage
mystic snake
rewind
deprive
pact of negation
hinder
scattering stroke
perplex
counterspell
cryptic command
trickbind
dissipate
cancel
force of will

tutors/recursion: 11
mystical tutor
fabricate
beseech the queen
vampiric tutor
merchant scroll
mystical teachings
genesis
eternal witness
recollect
restock
reclaim

beaters: 2
simic sky swallower
wurmcoil engine

utilities/others: 9
clutch of the undercity
elixir of immortality
sword of feast and famine
clone
bribery
seedguide ash
tormod's crypt
time warp
time stretch

explanation on some card choices:
tormod's crypt- can be tutored by either tolaria west and fabricate. can be recurred by academy ruins
elixir of immortality - for VERY long games
scattering stroke - Mana Drain is WAY expensive
reclaim - faster than regrowth
life from the loam - easily tutored and most likely will not be countered
bribery - makes use of other people's creeps
sword of feast and famine - untapped lands with a full hand grip is intimidating
blue sun's zenith - once used, it will be back for more..

things I'm currently pondering upon:
1.replacing seedguide ash/clone with phyrexian metamorph
2.using primeval titan - makes drawing lands less but I do not know what to replace it with
3.using loxodon warhammer/lightning greaves - same as 3 and not in synergy with nevs disk
4.using mindbreak trap - for uncounterable stuff like OBLITERATE
5. replacing beseech the queen with demonic tutor. obviously

I've also tried rhystic study before but it gets weaker in the long run

Bignasty197
06-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Rhystic Study is one of those cards that is an auto include in any blue deck. It does get weaker as time goes on, so you should run Phyrexian Arena as well. I feel like you need to run Acquire as well because it is game-breaking. Primeval Titan is good, but I like Grave Titan better. If you play mostly multiplayer, I suggest Lighthouse Chronologist. I run very few creatures in my Vorosh deck, so sometimes I leave myself wide open. This led me to add Propaganda. It seems bad when you look at it, but it really helps stabilize. You absolutely need Lightning Greaves in this deck. Having Vorosh Condemn'd is awful. Recently, I decided to run Praetor's Counsel and it was fantastic. I suggest Krosan Grip somewhere here as well. These off the top of my head. More later.

aljiichiban
06-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Rhystic Study is one of those cards that is an auto include in any blue deck. It does get weaker as time goes on, so you should run Phyrexian Arena as well. I feel like you need to run Acquire as well because it is game-breaking. Primeval Titan is good, but I like Grave Titan better. If you play mostly multiplayer, I suggest Lighthouse Chronologist. I run very few creatures in my Vorosh deck, so sometimes I leave myself wide open. This led me to add Propaganda. It seems bad when you look at it, but it really helps stabilize. You absolutely need Lightning Greaves in this deck. Having Vorosh Condemn'd is awful. Recently, I decided to run Praetor's Counsel and it was fantastic. I suggest Krosan Grip somewhere here as well. These off the top of my head. More later.

Thanks.I replaced Rhystic study with pulse to address the planeswalker issue. I've been playing 1 on 1 recently but will add Rhystic or phyrexian back, and find a space for greaves. Praetor's counsel and lighthouse chronologist seems broken in multiplayer.

TommyMadProphet
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I've been playing this deck for the better part of a year. When it started it looks somewhat like the deck in the first post and this is what it morphed into. I did use it to win a pod at a Star City event that resulted in me getting a Volcanic Island for another deck. I like it.

CMC 1

Sol Ring
Library of Leng
Vaampiric Tutor
Nihil Spellbomb
Green Sun's Zenith
Sensei's Divining Top
ponder
Brainstorm
Elixer of Immortality
Thran Foundry

CMC 2

Back to Nature
Scroll Rack
Lim Dul's Vault
Demonic Tutor
Black Sun's Zenith
Vampire Hexmage
Diabolic Edict
Sylvan Library
Regrowth
Mana Drain

CMC 3

Yavamaya Elder
Krosan Grip
Capsize
Blue Sun's Zenith
Trinket Mage
Forcefield
Crucible of Worlds
Voidslime
Sudden Spoiling
Yawgmoth's Will
Eternal Witness

CMC 4

Glen Elandra Archmage
Last Word
Vedalken Orrery
Natural Order
Mindbreak Trap
Induce Paranoia
Venser, Shaper Savant
Damnation
Mystic Snake
Garruk Wildspeaker
Brooding Saurian
Cryptic Command

CMC 5

Vesuvan Doppelganger
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
Seedborn Muse
Acidic Slime
Liliana Vess
Beacon of Unrest
Primal Command

CMC 6

Primeval Titan
Duplicant
Draining Whelk

CMC 7

Avenger of Zendikar
Akroma's Memorial
Tooth and Nail (but honestly, this is really a 9 drop)

CMC 8

Praetor's Counsel
Terastodon

CMC 10

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

LANDS

Underground Sea
Tropical Island
Bayou
Breeding Pool
Watery Grave
Overgrown Tomb
Maze of Ith
Flooded Strand
Windswept Heath
Marsh Flats
Misty Rainforest
Verdant Catacombs
Polluted Delta
Volrath's Stronghold
Dark Depths
Vesuva
Reflecting pool
Reliquary Tower
Strip Mine
Winding Canyons
Wasteland
Tolaria West
Island x 5
Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
Cabal Coffers
Swamp x 4
Gaea's Cradle
Forest x 5

aljiichiban
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Nice!! What were the decks you faced? Ever considered adding the new cards from "Commander(devour for power)" in your list?

TommyMadProphet
06-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Nice!! What were the decks you faced? Ever considered adding the new cards from "Commander(devour for power)" in your list?

I have the deck but my son is playing with it so I can't strip out any of the cards I want yet. I faced Mayael, Oona and Rafiq. I did have the Leyline/Helm combo in there at the time but took it out because its just too dickish.

aljiichiban
06-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I have the deck but my son is playing with it so I can't strip out any of the cards I want yet. I faced Mayael, Oona and Rafiq. I did have the Leyline/Helm combo in there at the time but took it out because its just too dickish.

I regularly face a Sharuum deck with thopter sword as a back up combo(after being regularly controlled by my deck) which I think is more dickish. I might add the leyline/helm combo. :D