PDA

View Full Version : Sen Triplets - I want to play dumb artifacts.dec

Nightmare
12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Alright, here's the deal - I'm bored with Azami, but I like doing broken stuff. I don't want to paint a target on my head, but I like playing Broken Artifact Mana into overpowered spells. I'm fine with being blown out by Austere Command (in theory). Here's a preliminary list:

Sen Triplets
Courier's Capsule
Mindslaver
Etherium Sculptor
Faerie Mechanist
Filigree Sages
Magister Sphinx
Master of Etherium
Master Transmuter
Sanctum Gargoyle
Sharding Sphinx
Sharuum the Hegemon
Skill Borrower
Sphinx Summoner
Thopter Foundry
Tidehollow Sculler
Time Sieve
Unbender Tine
Copy Artifact
Disciple of the Vault
Enlightened Tutor
Fabricate
Open the Vaults
Reshape
Roar of Reclamation
Sculpting Steel
Synod Artificer
Tezzeret the Seeker
Thirst for Knowledge
Thoughtcast
Transmute Artifact
Trinket Mage
Vedalken Archmage
Memnarch
Sensei's Divining Top
Sword of the Meek
Mana Severance
Goblin Charbelcher
Demonic Tutor
Vampiric Tutor
Darksteel Forge
Mana Drain
Force of Will
Rewind
Duplicant
Crucible of Worlds
Memory Jar
Cloud Key
Helm of Awakening
Thousand Year Elixir
Exploration Map
Voltaic Key

Azorious Signet
Chrome Mox
Coalition Relic
Darksteel Ingot
Dimir Signet
Fellwar Stone
Gilded Lotus
Grim Monolith
Krark-Clan Ironworks
Lotus Petal
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Mind Stone
Obelisk of Esper
Pentad Prism
Prismatic Lens
Sol Ring
Talisman of Dominance
Talisman of Progress
Thran Dynamo

Ancient Den
Darksteel Citadel
Seat of the Synod
Vault of Whispers
Tundra
Underground Sea
Crystal Vein
Petrified Field
Scorched Ruins
Academy Ruins
Tolaria West
Tolarian Academy
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Godless Shrine
Hallowed Fountain
Watery Grave
Island
Island
Island
Island
Plains
Swamp
Mishra's Workshop
Volrath's Stronghold
Ancient Tomb
Mishra's Factory
Deserted Temple
City of Traitors

Any glaring omissions? Any obvious mistakes? Remember, this one isn't supposed to be Über-brokken, just fun-broken.

Jeff Kruchkow
12-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Mycosynth Lattice is fun in Sen Triplets. Not really broken, but fun.

xXxBretWeedxXx
12-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Fatestitcher (I'm going to put this in Oona too, don't know why I hadn't had it)
Rings Of The Brighthearth
Staff Of Dominance
Darksteel Forge (Isn't this a must for you?)
Power Artifact

No Demonic or Vamp?

And seriously? You were just talking about how you wanted to play Yawg Will and it's not in THIS list?

Nightmare
12-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Fatestitcher (I'm going to put this in Oona too, don't know why I hadn't had it)
Rings Of The Brighthearth
Staff Of Dominance
Darksteel Forge (Isn't this a must for you?)
Power Artifact

No Demonic or Vamp?

And seriously? You were just talking about how you wanted to play Yawg Will and it's not in THIS list?

I do want to play Yawg Will, but it's terrible in this deck, since all the mana costs are so prohibitive. The best I could muster would involve saccing a shitton of stuff to KCI in response to Will, and hoping for no counter. With that on the stack vs. most non-blue, there'd be scoops across the board anyway. Like I said, I think this is more in the fun realm than the broken.

On cards -

Fatestitcher is good, but I put the Unbender Tine in that slot since it's an artifact. In Azami he's nuts because haste and Wizard, but I think I like the Tine better here.

Rings, Staff, and Power Artifact are all nice, but I don't know on them. Of them all, I think Rings is the most likely to see its way in.

Forge is nuts. I forgot it.

Lattice costs a million mana, and I wouldn't want to play it unless I was running Mycosinth Golem, too. Which I would consider anyway.

Duplicant should probably make its way in. So should Platinum Angel, and probably Solemn Simulacrum, too.

D tutor and Vamp are nice, and they may find their way in - honestly they aren't even what I'm looking for. I know that seems stupid. If I do add them, it would be for Bstorm and Ponder (counterintuitive, but again - I'm not focused on going broken, just playing dumb fun artifacts).

xXxBretWeedxXx
12-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Yawg Will is good even if you're not doing really broken stuff with it. It can get you back into the game after an artifact sweeper resolves.

Also I forgot about Beacon Of Unrest.

Nightmare
12-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Darksteel Forge is so good that it's now become Plan A.

I messed up the manabase badly when I ran through it the first time. I've updated the list to make some changes.

socialite
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
This is a lot like a Mono U Barrin list I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.

I'm a big fan of Extraplanar Lens. Not sure if it will be so useful in your deck as you are running three colors and far fewer Islands than I do.

Rhystic Study is pretty bomb, so is Mind's Eye.

What are your thoughts on Etherium Sculptor? I have yet to try it, just looked like it didn't do enough. I guess coupled with Cloud Key it could be good.

Mycosynth Golem is hot hot hot.

Nightmare
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
This is a lot like a Mono U Barrin list I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.

I'm a big fan of Extraplanar Lens. Not sure if it will be so useful in your deck as you are running three colors and far fewer Islands than I do.

Rhystic Study is pretty bomb, so is Mind's Eye.

What are your thoughts on Etherium Sculptor? I have yet to try it, just looked like it didn't do enough. I guess coupled with Cloud Key it could be good.

Mycosynth Golem is hot hot hot.

There are only four Islands in the deck, which means Lens is bad. Rystic Study is good, but much better when you run more "No's." Also, I'm running Sen Triplets as the General, so it's a strange interaction.

Etherium Sculptor is awesome. There are only 4 non-artifact permanents, and 17 total non-artifact spells.

Anusien
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Arcuum Dagsson and Lightning Greaves.

I really like Arcbound Reclaimer and Scarecrone. It's really absurd when they play Wrath of God, you put Scarecrone on top of your library with Academy Ruins and start bringing your whole board back.

Dilettante
12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Nevinyrral's Disk (for panic button and post-darksteel forge silliness)
Strip Mine
Proteus Staff (general removal)

Maybe Mycosynth Golem? Myr Incubator if you feel like taking a huge risk?

Cut Chrome Mox because it's non-artifacts to imprint

Nightmare
12-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Cut Chrome Mox because it's non-artifacts to imprintDuuuuurrrrrr... That's obvious, now...

hyc8028
12-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Nevinyrral's Disk?
Inkwell Leviathan?
Sphinx Summoner?
Where is Sundering Titan?

Tawnos's Coffin can combo with Sundering Titan/Sharuum/Magister Sphinx and temporary lock out one general.