PDA

View Full Version : [Peasant] Broken thopter/sword combo.dec

ninja_attack
12-17-2009, 01:44 AM
So, the thopter foundry sword combo happens to be at uncommon.... i can play 5 uncommons in peasant.... hhmmmm i see an idea rising. This is my list that uses thopter sword combo with another cute combo, namely a counterbalance, and a top. The focus on this deck is to blow them out with thopter sword eventually.... but in the mean time if you assemble countertop thats ok too. I am using counter top to essentially stall out so that if it comes to the mide to late game, and i need to win, counter top can protect me. Fencer clique and spire golems also provide as a win condition and great blockers. So on to a list:

Lands:24
8 Island
3 Swamp
3 Esper Panorama
4 Terramorphic Expanse
3 Vault of Whispers
3 Mistvein Borderpost

Creatures:5
2 Spire Golem
2 Trinket Mage
1 Fencer Clique

Removal:8
4 Diabolic Edict
3 Ghastly Demise
1 Executioners Capsule

Card Draw:8
4 Brainstorm
2 Courier's Capsule
2 Aether Spellbomb

Protection:10
4 Negate
4 Muddle the Mixture (also a great tutor)
2 Mana Leak

Uncommons/ Win-con
1 Counterbalance
1 Sensei's Divining Top
2 Thopter Foundry
1 Sword of the Meek

ninja_attack
12-19-2009, 02:08 PM
btw.... need suggestions or comments!

Apex
12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
1 of CB/Top is not consistent enough, I suggest you either play with 3 CB/2 Top + Trinket Mages (in which case it is no longer a Thopter Foundry/Sword combo deck), or something like 1 Sword, 2 Thopter Foundry and 2 Demonic Tutors, and play with a MUC/Teachings shell, with maybe some extra tutors to get your win con, while slowing down the game MUC style. Otherwise, 1 Top/1 CB with even Muddle the Mixtures will not be fast enough as disruption/control against most other competitive peasant decks (like when you are transmuting for your CB, and then Trinket Maging for your top, your opponent is casting Dark Ritual/Duress/Hymn/Hippie/Sinkhole, or comboing with High Tide.

ninja_attack
12-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Thank you for the input. I probably won't be playing this competitively though, because we do not have any peasant tourneys around, and i have high tide built so, this was merely supposed to be a "fun" deck to play that demonstrates how powerful thopter sword is, and to show my casual group how countertop can operate, but mostly, i think its fun. So, I'm looking for suggestions on the efficiency of the draw spells, my creature base and so on....

Jason
12-25-2009, 01:53 PM
This deck is indeed broken, as I played against you ninja_attack... Jason's Jank couldn't get there. I have some suggestions, though. The Spire Golems weren't too exciting and I think you need more card draw of sorts. Maybe cut the Counterbalance for 1x Thirst for Knowledge and the 2x Spire Golem for 2x Ponder?

MattH
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I built this deck too! I don't have it in front of me, but you're missing some very important pieces:

3 Thopter Foundry
1 Sword of the Meek
1 Lim-Dul's Vault

4 Accumulated Knowledge
4 Impulse

(I think there's some Repeals, Brainstorms, and Ponders in here too)

4 Muddle the Mixture
4 Counterspell
2 Prohibit

4 Innocent Blood
4 Wretched Banquet
1 Ghastly Demise (might be overkill, not sure I need 9 removal)

some lands, mostly islands and Expanse. Panorama is overkill.
(like 2 Dimir Signets or Mind Stones)
(Dimir Bounceland is good too)

If they let you use Isochron Scepter, probably -1 Foundry +1 Scepter. Yes, you CAN just go for the combo, I really don't think you need backup win conditions. Going creatureless gives you Blood and Banquet which are both incredible, go live on turn 1, and hit black creatures, too. Unreal good!

I thought about Reconstruction but I was always going to be Reconstructing Foundry anyway, so I just made it the third Foundry. Your deck might have more use for it though, plus it's a common.