PDA

View Full Version : Storming to Top 8 - Winter Wonderland '10

Bryant Cook
01-03-2010, 03:28 PM
http://theepicstorm.com/play-the-game-winter-wonderland-01-03-2010-top-8

rocketrae21
01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
How do you do it? I always test your deck and open garbage hands. Did you make a deal with Satan to open up good hands all the time?

Pelikanudo
01-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I think exactly the the same I can 't understand how do you get those hands Satan is your boss hats for sure...

Nidd
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM
How do you do it? I always test your deck and open garbage hands. Did you make a deal with Satan to open up good hands all the time?
He is Bryant Cook.

Nice report. Doesn't look like Spell Pierce is that hard to fight against, does it?

Piceli89
01-03-2010, 09:30 PM

Welcome to TES. I began to think I was the only one.

Congratz, Cook. But wasn't the deck's name Long Cook? Made me smile a lot, always thinking that "c" would be better instead of the second "o".

psu42
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, every time I test this deck I get shit hands. The deck is obviously good...I just can't draw any decent hands like 20 or 30 times in a row and just say screw it.

Congrats on the finish.

Look forward to maybe playing you at Eli's with your deck in a week.

Brad Herbig
01-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I seem to get good hands with it. Sorry underprivileged TES players.

Also, congrats on the finish.

Bryant Cook
01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
As Zach Tartell just stated, "You keep shit hands, you just win with them, it's infuriating."

GreenOne
01-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Game Two: I play SSG, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, LED, Dark Ritual, Land, Burning Wish, Infernal Tutor, Ad Nauseam. Win.
You could Infernal for LED, Wish for IGG and go for the sure win. I guess Loam doesn't play faerie macabre.

Grats on the finish! You sure have skillz at drawing cards, but the deck doesn't shit on me neither!

JeroenC
01-04-2010, 05:10 AM
I think he wished for the IT. He went first that game, so it seems likely.

Edit: and for those getting crapped on by the deck, play some other storm combo for a while and then come back to this. It worked for me.

Ebinsugewa
01-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Shittinginafishtank - Volume 1

PROPS:
- Adam Barnello, New Years and Dennys. Thanks.
- Mike Herbig, Jason Farr, Bret Weed, playing the greatest deck ever.
- Fish Tanks
- BrEndAn O'Dowd

SLOPS:
- Snow Storm on the way home.
- Zach Tartell. No new years or this dude?
- PlaythegameReadthestory, awful job. Simply awful.
- Reiterate, AWFUL.
- The prize structure.

All the above. Well done, sir. Still kicking myself for not playing it.

Wargoos
01-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Congratz, Cook. But wasn't the deck's name Long Cook? Made me smile a lot, always thinking that "c" would be better instead of the second "o".

He can't call the deck Long Cook because the games are always over in a few minutes.
More shuffling then actual action.

Parcher
01-04-2010, 11:38 AM
He can't call the deck Long Cook because the games are always over in a few minutes.
More shuffling then actual action.

The "Long" deck was named after Mike Long, not due to the time it takes to play. So after he and Bryant became "legal partners" at their "commitment ceremony", I think Bryant has all the right in the world to take his name.

Bryant Cook
01-04-2010, 12:12 PM
You could Infernal for LED, Wish for IGG and go for the sure win. I guess Loam doesn't play faerie macabre.

Grats on the finish! You sure have skillz at drawing cards, but the deck doesn't shit on me neither!

As Jeroen said, I wished for Infernal.

BrAndOn, yeah, chumpface should've played it.

Wargoos
01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
The "Long" deck was named after Mike Long, not due to the time it takes to play. So after he and Bryant became "legal partners" at their "commitment ceremony", I think Bryant has all the right in the world to take his name.

Dude you completely misunderstood me.
Probably because of my incapability to speak proper english.

Add some smiley that adumbrates nasty stuff on my post above.

Brad Herbig
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM

You could also read the sexual interpretation of Bryant only taking "a few minutes", or even the deeper tiny penis joke.

Parcher
01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I actually like the "more shuffling than actual action part". But who am I to comment on their sex life?

HAVE HEART
01-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Round 1: Ichorid

Game One: He plays Putrid Imp, Lotus Petal, Careful Study discarding two dredge-rs? Really? Alright. City, Brainstorm. Making my hand Land 3x LED, Infernal, Mystical, Burning Wish. He dredges into the hottness, then casts another careful study, ends up putting Iona into play – names blue. I jerk off in his face. Land 3x LED, Tutor, he scoops.

Round Three: Merfolk

Game One: I play Land Xantid. He plays Mutavault, Vial. I cover him in bees. I pitch SSG, Rit of Flame, play a land, Mystical for Nauseam. Play LED, Ponder, Crack for BBB. Ad Nauseam.

Round Four: Reanimator

Game Two: I get a pretty good hand, Duress, 2 lands, 2 petals, LED, Tutor. I duress Him, Draw Ad Nauseam, land pass, draw Mystical, he plays Iona, I get Chain of Vapor. Chain it, he passes. Brainstorm, put back Nauseam. Play a land and my 2x Petals, 2x LED. Tutor. He Forces. I Untap and cast Nauseam. He scoops.

Round Six: Aggro Loam

Game Two: I play SSG, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, LED, Dark Ritual, Land, Burning Wish, Infernal Tutor, Ad Nauseam. Win.

For the first round, did you Iggy loop or use a different strategy to gain enough Storm count?

For the third round, did this sequence happen over two turns or did you have two lands in play?

For the fourth round, in what phases did these actions take place?

For the sixth round, is the order you listed not necessarily the order in which you played the actual cards?

Bryant Cook
01-06-2010, 09:00 AM
For the first round, did you Iggy loop or use a different strategy to gain enough Storm count?

For the third round, did this sequence happen over two turns or did you have two lands in play?

For the fourth round, in what phases did these actions take place?

For the sixth round, is the order you listed not necessarily the order in which you played the actual cards?

I didn't think I actually had to spell out every bit of detail but here it goes.

1.) He scoops.

2.) Two lands, one turn.

3.) I combo, he forces. His turn. My turn I Ad Nauseam.

4.) Land was before Dark Ritual. But nonetheless it wasn't hard to figure out on your own.

NQN
01-06-2010, 03:12 PM
You really get good hands and your opponents rarely have the FoW. But I guess thats what you get for having the cojones. I guess itīs just not my deck, but your reports are always fun. Every Match reads like:
"Me>Him."

congratz on the finish ;)

badjuju
01-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Holy crap dude. I wish I had those kinds of Nauseam draws.

Pulp_Fiction
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM

Agreed. Would be a lot easier if I wasn't stuck drawing additional Moxen, Tendrils, and unneeded protection spells all the time :)

Bryant, if you don't play poker, I highly recommend you learn to play!

HAVE HEART
01-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I didn't think I actually had to spell out every bit of detail but here it goes.

1.) He scoops.

2.) Two lands, one turn.

3.) I combo, he forces. His turn. My turn I Ad Nauseam.

4.) Land was before Dark Ritual. But nonetheless it wasn't hard to figure out on your own.

I have played Legacy combo zero times, so some of these interactions are foreign to me.

Shriekmaw
01-09-2010, 08:48 AM
To Bryant,

First, the reason I was taking my time in the top 8 match is because I was going through all the scenarios on what you might have. I am not going to rush a decision to lose me the match when I know the matchup is in my favor. I'm not sure if he was trying to rush me into a bad decision, but its not going to work.

I've played this game for a lot of years and have a lot of tournament experience. I also didn't appreciate you calling me a little kid since I'm like 8 years older than you.

For the record, I had a lightning bolt the whole time for your xantid swarm since I know you main deck the card. I ended up top decking the 2nd lightning bolt which was irrelevant since you didn't draw a 2nd swarm.

It was fun and I'm sure we will meet again.

Bryant Cook
01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
To Bryant,

First, the reason I was taking my time in the top 8 match is because I was going through all the scenarios on what you might have. I am not going to rush a decision to lose me the match when I know the matchup is in my favor. I'm not sure if he was trying to rush me into a bad decision, but its not going to work. There's a difference between time to make a decision and slow playing. You were taking unnecessary amounts of time on not so hard decisions, spectators agreed.

I've played this game for a lot of years and have a lot of tournament experience. I also didn't appreciate you calling me a little kid since I'm like 8 years older than you.

For the record, I had a lightning bolt the whole time for your xantid swarm since I know you main deck the card. I ended up top decking the 2nd lightning bolt which was irrelevant since you didn't draw a 2nd swarm.

It was fun and I'm sure we will meet again.
I Duressed you turn one, there's no way you were holding a Bolt. You had cantrips, Spellsnares, and a Spell Pierce.

Adan
01-15-2010, 09:56 AM

I have these draws as well, but I am the one to always run into a Force when I try to go off unprotected. Still, congratz, although I still can't figure out how do you do THAT. :cool:

herbig
01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Congrats on the top 8 bro, but you gotta come up with a different thread title next time, "Storming to" is getting old. "Ill-gotten lucksack," "Diminishing placements," "Another Report, Ad Nauseum," "Rite of Lame," "Orim's Can't Get There," "Duresst of the Time I Cried"...