PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] N.C.C.

Cire
01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm posting this in casual, because it is doubtful that it will ever have competitive potential. The deck was built with winning turn 2 in mind. N.C.C stands for Needlessly Complicated Combo, and it really is Needlessly Complicated. Its vulnerable to a variety of combo hate, and it runs absolutely no protection. But outside this glowing promotion of the following deck, I at least find the deck fun to play, not because it interactive, but because i enjoy piloting the combo. Anyway here's the deck

[Deck] N.C.C.

4 City of Brass
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Forbidden Orchard
2 Tarnished Citidale

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Simian Spirit GUide
4 Saddistic Hypnotist
4 Skullmulcher
4 Academy Rector
1 Progentius

4 Dream Halls
4 Ardent Plea
4 Violent Outburst
4 Conflux
4 Gifts Ungiven
2 Hypergenesis
1 All Sun's Dawn
1 Restock
1 Timestretch

With the Advent of Dream Halls I began playing various build of Dream Hall decks, and i have the cards necessary for the current "established" list. My favorite part of the deck though was show and telling dream halls into play turn 2 and winning on the spot, and I just want to make a deck to get that feeling consistently as possible. So instead of focusing on show and tell i put in another favorite combo of mine, Hypergenesis. Basically here is how the combo goes.

1st turn-
Land
2nd turn-
Land
Accel
Cascade --> Hypergenesis
Put Rector Into Play or simply Dream Halls into play
Put either Sadistic Hypnotist into play or Skullmucher targeting Rector
Sacrifice Rector getting DreamHalls into play
Discard a card to play either Conflux for free, or discard a card to play gifts ungiven.
If you played gifts, search for a Conflux, All sun's Dawn, Restock, any green card. Then no mater what is picked you will end up with Conflux and another card in your hand, precede to discard that card to play Conflux.
With Conflux grab Progentius, Timestretch, Conflux, whatever, and whatever.
Then you discard the appropriate cards to play both Progentius and Timestretch for free.
Then you obviously beatdown with progentius

Needlessly Complicated Combo indeed

Again not a prefect combo, but i was sufficiently pleased with my own cleverness, which is sad to say not that clever, but wanted to share the deck with you all..

Enjoy ripping it to shreds :laugh:

KærvekTheMerciless
01-28-2010, 07:24 AM
The irony is, I've seen someone run this deck at Weekly Legacy at PTGRTS. My brother's Rock build tore him a new one. But as you say, it is susceptable to combo hate, also discard. At the time I was running RG Aggro, I had maindecked Pyroblast and Runeflare Trap, I was dying to play this kid. Except his was more the Legacy build of Dream Halls, Brainstorm, Force, Show And Tell, etc.