1 Dimir Signet
1 Grim Monolith
1 Talisman of Dominance
1 Coalition Relic
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Gilded Lotus

General:
1 Oona, Queen of the Fae

UPDATE: Seems like the EDH rules committee doesn't really like infinite anything. Regardless, here's the latest version of Oona, now relegated to relying on one infinite mana engine. The rest of the deck is basically pure control. Your goal is to lock up the game with a combination of denial and board control, then win either with Oona beatdown or Oona mill. The loss of Tolarian Academy is a pretty big bummer, but shit happens.

I'm thinking of adding the following to the deck: Kozilek, Recurring Insight, SoFI, Dralnu, Ulamog. Mnemonic Wall is also on my shortlist of cards, but further down. I could use some more removal, IMO, preferably instant-speed. I'm thinking of stuff like Vendetta, Into the Roil, Wipe Away, Sudden Death, Hideous Laughter, etc.

Suggestions are welcome.

Current as of 22-vi-2010.

Benie Bederios
02-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Here is my list

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?16456-[EDH]Oona-Queen-of-the-Fae&p=427527

It's a little different though. I don't like playing alot of creatures and dislike the draw-engine with Azami.

In your list I do miss Arcanis Omnipotent and Gilded Lotus, both very good with Mind over Matter. While you want to draw your deck, Beacon of Tomorrow's is an easy win.

I like the list though, there are some things I missed in mine, like Tainted Pact and Memnarch.

-Benie-

majikal
02-16-2010, 08:25 AM
This is almost identical to my Oona deck, only my group banned Sorin Markov for some dumb reason. :(

sunshine
02-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Halimar Depths is pretty hot, it'll let you cut down on the number of cards with the same name as well.

Basalt Monolith combos with Power Artifact for infinite mana too, if you want some redundancy with the Grim Monolith.

Also, no Magus of the Future / Future Sight? I suppose a lot of groups frown on Top/Future Sight shenanigans.

Sek'Kuar
05-29-2010, 10:32 PM
The mvp in my Oona deck is by far and large Ashnod's Altar. Sac faeries, mill a ton, get faeries, sac faeries, mill a ton more, repeat. Just be sure to leave a bit of colored mana in reserve.

Aggro_zombies
05-31-2010, 04:17 PM
The mvp in my Oona deck is by far and large Ashnod's Altar. Sac faeries, mill a ton, get faeries, sac faeries, mill a ton more, repeat. Just be sure to leave a bit of colored mana in reserve.
It's not nearly as good now that Painter's Servant is banned. Before, it was an auto-win with enough colored mana, but now there's times where you can't sustain the chain and end up almost milling someone to death, but dying in the counter-attack (especially against 3+ color decks).

Hunding Gjornersen
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Regarding Tainted Pact, I think you can do better that 6 Island and 6 Snow-Covered Island. Partially off-color fetchlands, for instance, can work wonders. I'd understand if you didn't feel like dropping a big wad of cash on this deck, though. There's no shortage at all of lands that tap for blue (and sometimes black as well) that come into play tapped. There are also plenty of decent lands which tap for colorless mana. To improve Tainted Pact while maintaining the number of blue-producing lands which enter play untapped, and not breaking the bank on fetchlands, I'd recommend:

Darkwater Catacombs
Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
Reflecting Pool
River of Tears
Tolaria

Aggro_zombies
06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I own at least one of every fetchland (and playsets of all the blue ones), so that's not an issue.

I'm not sure I'd want to play this deck now over something like Thraximundar or Garza Zol. Not having Painter's Servant means you have no redundant combo kill with Oona, so losing Power Artifact for whatever reason makes your general "just" a dragon. If I'm running "just" a dragon, I'd rather run one like Thrax or Garza that are good in control decks, which is the angle I was looking for with this build.

Plus, the OP is months old at this point. I haven't had the deck built since February.

Aggro_zombies
06-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Double post because I updated the OP with a more current list. I'm thinking of putting this deck together again, but I also have Ertai the Corrupted as a tap-out control alternative.

sligh16
06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I've always wanted to build a deck with Ertai as general, would you mind posting your list? :smile:

Aggro_zombies
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I've always wanted to build a deck with Ertai as general, would you mind posting your list? :smile:
It's already posted, but is a few pages back in the forum.

EDIT: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?16132-Ertai-the-Corrupted-Solar-Flare-EDH

I'm also wondering whether this list wouldn't be better if I removed Oona and the infinite combo engines and just made it a Wydwen Faerie control deck.

majikal
07-11-2010, 05:17 AM
I've been fooling around with my Oona deck some, and decided the more combos I can cram into it the better.

I highly recommend the following cards be auto-include in Oona decks:

Leyline of the Void
Helm of Obedience
Filigree Sages
Training Grounds
Gilded Lotus
Power Artifact
Grim Monolith
Basalt Monolith
Mind Over Matter
Temple Bell
Future Sight
Sensei's Divining Top
Some number of Emrakul/Kozilek/Ulamog (for shenanigans with Mind Over Matter/Temple Bell)