PDA

View Full Version : Dredging in DK

Magicjake
02-17-2010, 03:21 AM
We Where 30 players..

Dredging through too Top 8

My build was really straight forward, and a warm up for GP Madrid.
List:

4 Narcomoeba
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Ichorid
4 Bloodghast
1 Sphinx of Lost Truths
1 Flame-Kin Zealot
4 Bridge from Below
4 Breakthrough
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Careful Study
3 Dread Return
4 Undiscovered Paradise
4 Cephalid Coliseum
3 City of Brass
2 Dakmor Salvage
2 golgari thug
2 tireless tribe
4 putrid imp

SB
3 firestorm
3 ancient grudge
1 Woodfall Primus
4 Leyline of the void
4 Chain of Vapor
I didn’t take any notes, so this might be some off, in some of the games.

Round 1:

Mono R Goblins

1 game: Holding a really secure hand with outlets and Cabal T, didn’t had any I idea what the guy was playing, accept he was playing with mountains. (He dropped one when I he was shuffling.) I started with a Putrid imp, on heīs turn he played a ancient tomb and an Aether Vial. An I was lost, so before my turn I drop a troll and dredge 6 with the nuts. I play a coliseum and blow it up for 11 cards in the grave and I sac a narcoM for a Cabal t for imperial recruiter, and seeing in a hand with 2x lackey and a investigator, I sac my imp for the lackeys and ending my turn with 4 tokens. I win 2 turns later.

2 game. De chains X lackey and investigators, chieftains, warchiefs and relics. And I cant keep with green horde when he drops a piledriver for the beating.

3 game . tireless tribe into dredge and some ghasts, swarming up some Zombie tokens. I hold of his lackeys and I survive his first crypt and relic doesn’t before I got 100 2/2 rooten dudes.
1-0

Round 2
RBW agro

1 game. He opens the game with lavamancer, my turn I play a tireless tribe, and drops some dredge dudes. But couldn’t find any action beside few zombies, and when he got my to 8 with fireblast in his hand, I was nervous. Again I didn’t anything, only some Ghasts, and on his last turn before I kill him he has like 10 out because of my 6 life. he didn’t find it and I swarms him with zombies lead by a angry elemental.

2 game he mulls to 5 didn’t find a leyline which he proclaims he got. And kill him in turn 3 or so.
Round 3
UBG countertop.

1 game. Resolving a tireless tribe in a second try, I build my horde of zombies coming from cabal therapies, and some goyf blocks, and running out of dredge critters I play a troll, knowing he got a Doomblade in his hand, and trading my 9/9 troll for 2 tokens and another dredge dude. I find some dread return action and wins.

2 game was the best game of the day. Keeping an agro- hand with Stinkweed Imps, putrid imp and thug. Putrid imp got a fow, and he plays a crypt, and a confidant. I play a thug, and pilling on 1/ 2 imps. I canīt find anything and goyf trades with a imp, hoping I wanna dredge into something he could crypt away. I did, he use his crypt and play the imp again. With flying critters I win the game through 3x crypt and a extirpate. Nice game.

3-0

Round 4

Merfolk

1 game. He starts with a curse catcher I bait with a breakthrough and cabal therapy him. He didn’t have any real gas and I win with a lot of zombies, ichorid and ghasts.

2 game
He does what merfolk does. Curving perfectly into lords, counters and extra draws. He got Relic and propaganda to hold me down.

3 game. Holding the perfect hand with no cabal therapy, but I got outlets, ghast action and ichorid flushing all over his fishy face… but then he drops a propaganda, and I has too beat with a critter at a time, then I drops another one, and a relic and fragging my grave and my ichorid, dredge and 1 cabal t, plus a DR. Holding down the ford with a lot of zombies and flyers, manage too find my woodfall primus, and fraggin 2x propaganda , but I had my 3 dr and 4 cabal t exiled earlier, and I canīt chain the the primus for the 3. Propaganda and we end in time draw. 1-1
Round 5

Dreamhall

1 game. I knew what he was playing, and I holds a hand with lands, outlet and 2x cabal therapy, but no dredge. It dident matter because flushed his show and tell, and the ichorid/ghast army rolled on.

2 game. Again a slow hand, but keeping a hand with primus and 2x cabal therapy. I theaphy his conflux, and letting him play the show and tell. He plays it and putting dream halls into play, and I puts the primus into play and crush the Hall, and cabal theraphy another show and tell with the primus so I could crush the propaganda he had played the round before. With nothing left to do for him I killed him with some zombie tokens and the Primus.

4-0-1

6 round

Iīm sure at the top 8 so drew against an ANT deck.

Top 8
Again against Dream Hall
1 game. I Mull to 5 and canīt find a cabal therapy through a careful study and a dredge troll, and he wins through Show and Tell+Dreamhall.

2 game I keep a hand with Woodfall Primus and a Cabal therapy. I make sure he dosenīt have propaganda, and again letting him resolve Show and Tell. Putting dream halls into play and I was putting woodfall to crush the enchantment. I beat him with a 6/6 green dude, and some zombies, horrors and vampire-spirits join the party.

3 game. I keep a hand with 3x chain of vapor, 1 putrid imp and 2x city of brass, and some dredge. He ponder and brainstorm his first turn, to set up, I play city and donīt play the imp, to set up the bounce. On his 2 turn, he ponder and brainstorms again. And I wonder what he is looking for. I play me city number 2 and plays the imp, and I shouldn’t done that. His 3 turn he plays show and tell with spell pierce back up. What I should have done was to wait out with 2x chain of vapor action.

Top 8 and not loosing a round to grave-hate. That nice. Didn’t go in the top 4 because of a 50/50 choice.

It’s a top deck, and it consistency is impressive, it roll over any deck that screws them self in bad mana og bad draws.

My sb was pretty sweet. didn’t use the Leyline, but the rest of the action was used. The ancient grudge wasn’t that impressive, but they have there uses.

Fatestitcher
02-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Congrats on your win.

Merfolk

1 game. He starts with a curse catcher I bait with a breakthrough and cabal therapy him. He didn't have any real gas and I win with a lot of zombies, ichorid and ghasts.

I see you could have used therapy as bait before breakthrough which could have put you ahead of the game anyway. What card did you name with therapy?

Magicjake
02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
i couldīt alow losing to main deck relic, and i rather wanna take a Fow or daze. And not losing my bridges to a random 1/1 later in the game.

Maveric78f
02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
I has like 10 out because of my 6 life. and I swarms him I has too beat with a critter at a time, then I drops another one, and I holds a hand with lands, I theaphy his conflux,and I puts the primus into play and crush the Hall,
Lolcatz FTW!

Fatestitcher
02-17-2010, 07:11 PM
I guess I'd rather have my therapy countered than breakthrough. If I am able to dredge 4 times in a turn, that literally puts me 4 turns ahead if I have no discard outlet on the board. There's also a chance that I can win already during that same turn which I'd rather take than having my therapy hit blanks.

kicks_422
02-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Is the number of lands you're running enough? 13 lands, 2 of them Dakmor Salvages, and only 7 of them as 5 color lands?

Also... Were you able to use the Firestorms?

Magicjake
02-18-2010, 12:27 AM
13 lands is fine.

And firestorms are nice, they are the super outlets, but they where countert every time i played it.

"I guess I'd rather have my therapy countered than breakthrough. If I am able to dredge 4 times in a turn, that literally puts me 4 turns ahead if I have no discard outlet on the board. There's also a chance that I can win already during that same turn which I'd rather take than having my therapy hit blanks. "

If i had some dredge in the grave i should have baited the cabal, but the only thing the breakthough did was empty my hand, and I could dredge the next turn, and if he got a relic he won...

NQN
02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
It was pretty hard to read, better let someone read over it next time. Apart frm that, I donīt like Bloodghast at all and never read something about how good they were. Iīm sorry to say this, but theres no need for a report like "hey, Iīm the combo man and roll over him g1&g3". If you wright a report with dredge you have to point out which hands you kept, which decisions were wrong etc.
Thats the things we really want to know...

Magicjake
02-19-2010, 04:15 AM
Noted... Thanks for the words..

its my first report..