PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Sakashima the Imposter

Tychoides
02-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, I thought I'd share my newest EDH deck for everyone to take a look at and critique. Before I show the decklist, let me say that I wanted to play mono-blue and not pick a general that would draw tons of hate (like Azami, Arcum, etc.) and still be competitive for multiplayer. So, with that in mind, I wanted to focus on some things blue is very good at doing: copying and stealing! Aside from the general, all the creatures are "Shapeshifter" types, so I'm kind of sticking to that theme, but I'm willing to switch if I get enough good recommendations!

General: Sakashima the Imposter

Lands
25x Snow-Covered Island
Scrying Sheets
Dust Bowl
Seat of the Synod
Darksteel Citadel
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Tolaria West
Academy Ruins
Vesuva
Reliquary Tower
Tolarian Academy

Shapeshifters
Morphling
Vesuvan Doppelganger
Vesuvan Shapeshifter
Clone
Body Double
Shapeshifter
Escaped Shapeshifter
Duplicant
Sentinel
Urza's Avenger
Jodah's Avenger
Primal Clay
Primal Plasma

Stealing
Control Magic
Dominate
Treachery
Dream Leash
Bribery
Carry Away
Take Possession
Confiscate
Annex
Blatant Thievery
Acquire
Commandeer
Vedalken Shackles

Copy
Twincast
Followed Footsteps
Mirari

Draw
Timetwister
Time Spiral
Brainstorm
Gush
Opportunity
Tidings
Fact or Fiction
Frantic Search
Thirst for Knowledge

Tutors
Mystical Tutor
Merchant Scroll
Muddle the Mixture

Counters
Counterspell
Mana Drain
Force of Will
Forbid
Dissipate
Rewind
Trickbind

Reflection
Deflection
Misdirection

Bounce
Capsize
Wipe Away
Snap
Snapback

Mana Acceleration
Extraplanar Lens
Gauntlet of Power
Gilded Lotus
Sol Ring

The Rest
Propaganda
Sapphire Medallion
Sensei's Divining Top
Whispersilk Cloak
Lightning Greaves

So far, the deck hasn't lost a multiplayer game, but there are definitely some weak cards in the deck currently that I want to cut (the "avengers" and the "primals" out of the shapeshifters), but I'm not sure what to replace them with yet. I need some mass removal, so I was thinking Evacuation would be good too.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

Bryant Cook
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Nightmare built this deck about a year ago. It's not fun at all to play against. I get it, you want to play with your opponents cards, but your opponents wanted to play too. It's a fun format.

Mayk0l
02-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Nightmare built this deck about a year ago. It's not fun at all to play against. I get it, you want to play with your opponents cards, but your opponents wanted to play too. It's a fun format.

I enjoy doing broken stuff. I don't care if you're having fun as long as I am.

Wow... Never thought I'd ever hear that coming from you ;)

xXxBretWeedxXx
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow... Never thought I'd ever hear that coming from you ;)

He used to be that but when we talked him out of his broken storm deck which he took apart he understood and started enjoying the format for what it is. We have big boy decks and we have fun strong but balanced decks. This type of deck doesn't do anything but make sure no one has fun. It won't win because it makes you the target of multiplayer games and it wont be played 1 vs 1 because no one wants to play it.

It's strong but not strong enough to compete with the broken stuff either. You can try this type of deck but i don't think you'll like it, is what Bryant is trying to say.

Tychoides
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
This deck is not THAT powerful compared to other broken generals and I honestly don't generate nearly the amount of hate that my Azami deck did. It's way more interactive than combo decks, and quite frankly it's beatable when people know what the strategy is as I can potentially get overrun pretty badly. Plus being mono-colored, it can get screwed badly by protection, etc.

Sorry to hear you guys don't think it's fun or fun to play against, but I really don't see it as that bad compared to other decks I have faced or currently face (like my friend's Sliver deck). Maybe it's my group makeup. Maybe I just play the political game well. Very few people are threatened by sitting back and dropping a Sentinel or Vesuvan Doppelgager and I just wait things out and draw aggro later. Copying generally doesn't get too hated, but admittedly stealing isn't as nice.

Does anyone have any non-"this isn't fun to play against" suggestions to offer?

DracosTheBlack
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
This deck is fun to play against because it makes it a challenge on my part as to what I'm going to do next. Its not fun knowing how you are going to play your deck every time. This deck makes you think and therefore is fun. I know this because I have played against this deck with my broken sliver deck.

Yeah!

DracosTheBlack

badjuju
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I actually have a list that's pretty similar. Running Thada Adel. I think I'll piss off even more people with that.

Mayk0l
02-25-2010, 05:17 PM
He used to be that

I know, I've been on the receiving end of that deck when I was in Syracuse. I played against it... once :P

Tychoides
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Made a couple changes tonight, thought I'd share:

-Muddle the Mixture (just not too many 2cc bombs I want)
-Primal Clay (too weak)
-Primal Plasma (same)

+Evacuation (closest I can get to blue mass removal, not as hated since people at least keep their stuff mostly)
+Jace Beleren (I got a foil Japanese version I want to use, plus everyone likes drawing cards!)
+Whispers of the Muse (late game with buyback, hopefully)

I'll be playing tomorrow night, hopefully these changes are pretty good.

@Yesmilord: I like Thada Adel, Acquisitor but she doesn't really fit my theme as much and interestingly enough, most of my group doesn't play a ton of artifacts I'd want to steal that badly.