PDA

View Full Version : 3 casual decks: Delraich/Salvage Titan "combo", Death's Shadow deck, "Cruel Djinn"

Lurker101
02-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I didn't want to start three threads here so I merged them all into one. I'm working on getting the pieces together for a few casual decks that have both 2 player and multiplayer in mind. Any help is appreciated. Here's the first one, it revolves around Delraich (one of my fav casual cards) and Salvage Titan as well as Disciple of the vault and artifacts and creatures with good goes to the graveyard abilities:
Lands: 16
10 Swamp
2 Crypt of Agadeem
4 Vault of Whispers

Creatures: 30
4 Festering Goblin (can be sac'ed to Delraich and act as creature removal)
4 Delraich
4 Salvage Titan
4 Disciple of the Vault (adds life loss whenever a Salvage Titan comes into play via alternate casting cost)
2 Avatar of Woe (lots of creatures will end up in the yard, especially in multiplayer)
4 Ornithopter (Titan food)
4 Insidious Bookworms (really the best I could find for costing B and having an ability for when it leaves play, really not too bad)
4 Myr Servitor (recursive titan food that can trigger disciple over multiple turns)

Other Spells:
4 Chromatic Stars (Titan food that draws cards)
4 Diabolic Intent (Cheap tutor that fits with the theme of the deck)
2 Quest for the Gravelord (will inevitably trigger quickly after it comes into play)
4 Dark Ritual

Sideboard:
2 Fallen Ideal (in case there are flying creatures around, which is likely)
2 Culling the Weak
2 Songs of the Damned
2 Living Death
3 Kalastria Highborn (great graveyard trigger)
4 Vampire Lacerator (in case I need to speed up the deck)

Culling the Weak and Songs of the Damned should work well but I want to use them to drive a combo if necessary and can't think of one good enough (drain life maybe?)

The second deck revolves around cards like Death's Shadow, Phyrexian Processor, Hatred, and Magus of the Mirror and is designed specifically for group games.
Lands: 20
15 swamp
1 Crypt of Agadeem
2 Cabal Coffers
1 Lake of the dead
1 Urborg, tomb of Yawgmoth

Creatures: 17
2 Magus of the Mirror (to switch life totals with someone once I get mine really low)
4 Death's Shadow
1 Platinum Angel (in case lifeloss gets out of hand)
4 Vampire Lacerator
4 Carnophage
2 Plague Sliver

Other spells: 23
2 Death Cloud (to clear the board a bit if I need to)
2 Unmask
3 Snuff Out
1 Yawg Bargain
4 Night's Whisper
1 Demonic Tutor
2 Reanimate
4 Dark Ritual
2 Phyrexian Processor
2 Hatred

Except for Unmask and Demonic Tutor, those are all cards I can use to get my life total down for a desirable effect. Hatred and Phyrexian Processor can each get it down fast and take someone else out on the way. Yawgmoth's Bargain needs no explanation.

The third deck needs the most work and was thrown together the other night when I couldn't sleep. It abuses Djinn of Wishes along with library manipulation and uses it to sneak Cruel Ultimatums and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker into play.

Lands: 12
12 Island

Creatures: 4
Djinn of Wishes

Other spells: 46
2 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
4 Cruel Ultimatum
2 Twincast
2 Scroll Rack
4 Brainstorm
4 Counterspell
2 Isochron Scepter
4 Ponder
4 Ancestral Vision
4 Mystical Tutor
4 Mana Leak
4 Lotus Petal
2 Lotus Bloom

I'm just thinking that there may be more that this deck can do and it also lacks an early game plan.
Again, any help or feedback would be great. Thanks!