3 [TO] Deep Analysis

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 3 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty
SB: 3 [NE] Submerge
SB: 3 [CH] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus

U/G Madness has been the only deck that I've ever completely had myself. Trying to get into Legacy, I thought I'd start off here before I got myself a competitive deck. Any thoughts?

GenioDeArena
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Im more a casual player so I cant help but notice that the 6/6 flying Roar of the Wurm tokens isnt in there...

Exospaciac
03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks to M10, Aquamoeba is pretty much unplayable.
I'm not sure what the best replacement would be though. Waterfront Bouncer? Cloudseeder? Looter il-Kor?

Also, no Roar of the Wurm or Arrogant Wurm? I'd try to fit in one of those as a two-of at least.

kicks_422
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
You can't justify Arrogant Wurms if you already have Tarmogoyfs.

As for Roar... What would you take out for it?

Here's my (semi-budget) build of Madness. Nobody believes me that it still wins a fair share of games. Flying Wurms are so underrated, and Bouncers are MVP.

4 Misty Rainforest
7 Island
7 Forest

4 Basking Rootwalla
4 Aquamoeba
4 Wild Mongrel
4 Waterfront Bouncer
4 Arrogant Wurm
4 Wonder

4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Circular Logic
2 Umezawa's Jitte

GoldenCid
06-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Please run trygon predator here!!!

TsumiBand
06-13-2010, 10:04 PM

I don't know if that's true. With a Madness outlet on your side of the battlefield and a Counterbalance on the opponent's side, I think I'd rather have an Arrogant in hand. Similarly, a Roar of the Wurm will probably never be touched by a Counterbalance.

I almost wonder if it wouldn't be cool to run Countertop in a Madness deck. You have a similar draw engine, similar library manipulation and a considerably wide range of playable spells to flip over (up to 7cmc if running Roar of the Wurm - only missing the 6cmc slot)

MMogg
06-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Not to be deliberately argumentative, but it seems like this deck is pulling in two ways: casual and competitive. On the casual front you're running stuff like Mongrel and Circular Logic, both of which are well below the tier 1 power level of current Legacy. On the competitive front, you don't include cards like Arrogant Wurm precisely because Tarmogoyf is a superior creature. You're also packing Force of Will. These cards are certainly tier 1. So, since it seems like you are playing these cards based on budget and since you said you have a desire to get into Legacy, I suggest you start building New Horizons or Thresh. You already have the Goyfs and FoW.

GoldenCid
06-16-2010, 10:00 AM

As for Roar... What would you take out for it?

Here's my (semi-budget) build of Madness. Nobody believes me that it still wins a fair share of games. Flying Wurms are so underrated, and Bouncers are MVP.

4 Misty Rainforest
7 Island
7 Forest

4 Basking Rootwalla
4 Aquamoeba
4 Wild Mongrel
4 Waterfront Bouncer
4 Arrogant Wurm
4 Wonder

4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Circular Logic
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Don`t you think that 4 worder is too much?? Maybe be you could cut 2 of them in favour of a jitte or DA, the same for bouncer (who's cool) and A.wurm.

kicks_422
06-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Wonder is the ONLY reason to play this over other aggro-control decks. Flying 3/3's and 4/4's laugh at lone Tarmogoyfs on the opponent's side.

GenioDeArena
08-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Hello there, Im building a budget version of this deck myself. And I really mean budget, so no tarmos, fetches, duals, wastes, fows nor jittes. just plain old engine and not much for now.

My list goes something like this

3_Looter il-kor
3_Waterfront bouncer
4_Wild mongrel
4_Basking rootwalla
2_Wonder
3_Lorescale coatl

4_Brainstorm
2_Spell pierce
4_Counterspell
4_Daze
3_Echoing truth
2_Deep analysis

2_Aether vial
3_Lonely sandbar
2_Tranquil thicket
10_island
5_Forest

The Coatls replace Roars BC they are vialables and cover the 6/6 flying wurm with an ever growing flying snake. Ill probably try to add an extra Wonder somewere and the other Vials whenever i get my hands on some.
I plan to take this into a local tourney, as far as i can tell the meta is Eva Green, Merfolk, Goblins, and a scatter of Zoo, Standstill, and Ichorid eventually showing up. Can you give me some advice with th SB? so far i got Hail Storm, Naturalize, and probably try to get some BEBs, but Im running low on ideas. Building on a budget is very intellect consuming.
I thonk the cards to go are the Truths, with Bouncer and countermagici should be ok game one. On those spots I might add the third Spell Pierce, The third Wonder and maybe the fourth Looter. Dunno, Ill have to test.

Thanks everybody!!