PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] InfiniReap

Grumpollion
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
This list is similar to one that I posted in another sub-forum, but it isn't more competitive than existing Legacy combo decks. It is fairly budget and fairly fun, though, so I thought I'd share it here.

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Painter's Servant
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Crop Rotation
4 Dark Ritual
4 Duress
4 Manamorphose
4 Mystical Tutor
4 Necrologia
4 Reap
4 Soul Spike
4 Thoughtseize
1 Grindstone
4 City of Brass
4 Gemstone Mine
3 Winding Canyons

There are two ways to win with this deck. The first (slower) way is through the Painter's Servant/Grindstone combo. The second way is by killing your opponent using Soul Spikes, which may be recurred and played again and again with Reap, Manamorphose, and Dark Ritual. Try to play Necrologia as soon as possible, and use it to draw lots of cards.

Card explanations:

Elvish Spirit Guide: Mana acceleration, but perhaps more importantly, allows you to play Crop Rotation off of a Necrologia when you don't have {G} available, so that you can put Winding Canyons into play, so that you can play Painter's Servant at instant speed (e.g., after drawing it from Necrologia).

Painter's Servant: Part of the combo win condition. Also, when you name "black," it allows you to pitch any cards (even lands) to pay for Soul Spike, and makes Reap useful. Can be put into play instantly with Winding Canyons after being drawn off of Necrologia.

Cabal Ritual: Mana acceleration.

Crop Rotation: See Elvish Spirit Guide above. Allows you to put Winding Canyons into play at instant speed when you don't have it out already at the time that you play Necrologia.

Dark Ritual: Mana acceleration.

Mystical Tutor: Puts Necrologia on top of your library.

Reap: When Painter's Servant is in play naming "black," this allows you to retrieve lots of cards from your graveyard at instant speed, assuming that your opponent has at least a few permanents in play. Use it to retrieve mana acceleration, Soul Spikes, a Necrologia, and another Reap, for example.

Manamorphose: As long as you start with at least one green mana, can be used to turn black mana into green mana, so that you can recurrently play Reap.

Soul Spike: Instant speed damage that gains you life. Easily played off of a Necrologia, which is likely to get you more than enough cards to pitch for its alternative cost (paying the CMC is not contemplated), especially when Painter's Servant is in play. Regains some of the life that you paid to Necrologia while killing your opponent (or, in a pinch, your opponent's creature).

Grindstone: Part of the combo win condition. Not very useful in multiples. Not playable at instant speed, unfortunately.

Necrologia: Draws lots of cards so that you can draw your combo pieces and/or Soul Spike and Tendrils your opponent.

Winding Canyons: Can be put into play instantly using a Crop Rotation that you drew off of a Necrologia, and can be used that same turn to put Painter's Servant into play instantly, so that you can Reap.

Duress: Combo protection

Thoughtseize: Combo protection