PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an agressive General

Benie Bederios
03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi,

The question is simple... I currently have a control deck in EDH, but I'm looking for an aggresive General in multiplayer... I own all the expensive staples in blue and black. So I'm looking for an Ub, Ubx, Ux general.

I tried playing Sygg, but I don't want to run alot of creatures to make it good, I prefer a general that is good on his own.

-=Benie=-

Aggro_zombies
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi,

The question is simple... I currently have a control deck in EDH, but I'm looking for an aggresive General in multiplayer... I own all the expensive staples in blue and black. So I'm looking for an Ub, Ubx, Ux general.

I tried playing Sygg, but I don't want to run alot of creatures to make it good, I prefer a general that is good on his own.

-=Benie=-
The best aggressive generals aren't really in those colors: Rafiq and Uril. However, there's Zur, Thraximundar, and potentially Nicol Bolas if you're looking for a big, dumb attacker (or in Zur's case, a well-dressed attacker).

Benie Bederios
03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah I have Thrax, but I found it far to slow... Now I'm thinking of speeding it up, but don't know if it's better than just choosing another General. I'mt thinking about Zur or Lord of Tresserhorn.

-=Benie=-

AngryTroll
03-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Lord of Tresserhorn is awesome, flavorwise, but hard to make work. The card draw might make you a friend, and the life loss isn't bad, but the two creature penalty is rough.

Dark Sygg is awesome. I really like Oona, Queen of the Fae, but she's not that aggressive. Once she gets rolling, she's a huge threat, though.

HAVE HEART
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
For a duel, Isamaru, Hound of Konda is pretty unfair.

the Thin White Duke
03-28-2010, 06:20 PM
No love for Sol'kanar?
Play with Lich! (I'm only half joking)
Perhaps try Wydwen, I think we can all thinks of some faerie shenanigans for EDH.

Dilettante
04-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi,

-=Benie=-

Sygg (both of them) are perfectly fine on their own. Just a matter of loading up on Sword of _____ and _____, Jitte, and other similar buffs. The smaller the general, the easier to recur and buff with equipment. In your color desires, good 'aggressive' (turn general sideways without additional critters on the board) generals are:

Ub
Sygg, River Cutthroat
Oona, Queen of the Fae

Ubx
Vorosh, the Hunter
Thraximundar
Zur the Enchanter
Crosis, the Purger

Ux
Vendilion Clique (I'm using a build that only runs Clique and 5 creatures)
Sygg, River Guide
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (might be too slow as a beater, but has his combos in addition)
Thada Adel, Acquisitor (higher reliance on keeping certain players alive)

Of these, the most independent of other cards are Thrax and Vorosh, followed by Oona. Thraximundar is not slow at all with turn cantrips and cards like World at War.

LegacyDan
05-02-2010, 12:51 AM
I am testing Sol'kanar for multiplayer games. 5/5 for 5 mana. Landwalk. Gains life. UBR has great colors for control, tutors, and aggression.