PDA

View Full Version : LEDless ANT

xTrainx
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Made a thread about this before, but I'm putting it in here because the only reason for no LED is the money.

The Kill
x2 Ad Nauseam
x2 Tendrils of Agony
x1 Empty the Warrens

Protection
x3 Silence
x4 Duress

Search
x4 Ponder
x4 Mystical Tutor
x4 Chromatic Star

Accel
x4 Dark Ritual
x4 Cabal Ritual
x4 Lotus Petal
x4 Rite of Flame
x1 Chrome Mox

Land
x4 Gemstone Mine
x1 City of Brass
x4 Ancient Spring
x4 Sulfur Vent
x2 Geothermal Crevice
x2 Swamp
x2 Crumbling Necropolis

-----------------

Card Choices:

Many of them should be self-evident.

Chromatic Star is in there because I don't have SDT, and it can mana fix and flip after Tutor(and supplying the Tutor mana) for the kill.

Crumbling Necropolis is just bad, but it's in there right now for mana fixing, and I would like to take it out, but not sure for what(one City of Brass, and ?)

The sac-lands are for extra mana, and because they can mana fix at the same time. I hate hate hate Geothermal Crevice, but its the best one available right now. Those are coming out as soon as I can get them out(for City of Brass)

EtW is in there as an alternate killslot after SB hate, and also, it gives me an out early out -> Duress, Tutor, Rits, Lay 10-12 gobs.

Greenpoe
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
I would go for a mix of enters-the-battlefield-tapped lands so that you can play one turn 1, then play a regular land on the 2nd land and do what you need to do. This way, you could it so that you have fewer turn 1 plays and more turn 2 plays. There are the rainbow lands that are good for the turn you combo out (Thran Quarry, Archaeological Dig, Glimmervoid or even Undiscovered Paradise). Also, 4 Ad Nauseam because you can't rely on what search/draw you have to justify only 2 copies.

xTrainx
03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I definitely like the Archaeological Dig, probably just going to go with a 2 of because they can't add me any colored mana.

As for the Ad Nauseam, four Tutors and four Ponder's has been working out incredibly well. The times that I can't draw it I just lay down my mana producers, and Chromatic Star + Tutor or Tutor + Ponder for it. 6 copies with Ponder has worked incredibly well - I tried it at a tournament(albeit I didn't have the Silences yet, and got raped by FOW), but regardless, I did not fail to get the ADN, it just got countered.

xTrainx
03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Edited original post, up too late thinking about random shit - thought about some things to change.