PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] (Post-Eldrazi) Phelddagrif Oath

Nightmare
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I recently decided I want to play blue and green together in EDH, and when looking at Legends containing both colors, saw Phelddagrif. Taking note of his third ability, and it's "drawback" of giving opponents creatures, I looked to see if Oath of Druids was banned. It's not. So, I decided to build Oath. This list is nowhere near ideal, and it's probably a bit clunky, but it does play huge dudes, and it hardcasts them as often as not.

A few things to keep in mind.

I don't want to go overboard with artifact accel. In my opinion, when playing green, Rampant Growth effects are superior, since lands don't die to Deed or AVengeance effects.
This deck does not lean on Oath so hard that it can't win without it. Therefore, too many tutors is possible.
I may have too many fatties, but that's only a bad thing if I'm sleeping with them. Casting them is awesome.
This deck only tangentally relies on its General.

On to the decklist:

General: Phelddagrif

Treva's Ruins
Seaside Citadel
Azorious Chancery
Celestial Colonnade
Hallowed Fountain
Tundra
Glacial Fortress
Breeding Pool
Simic Growth Chamber
Tropical Island
Horizon Canopy
Selesnya Sanctuary
Stirring Wildwood
Sunpetal Grove
Temple Garden
Savannah
Secluded Steppe
Tranquil Thicket
Lonely Sandbar
Bant Panorama
Dust Bowl
Thawing Glaciers
Tolaria West
Forbidden Orchard
Flooded Strand
Windswept Heath
Misty Rainforest
5 Forest
4 Island
4 Plains
Explosive Vegetation
Rampant Growth
Far Wanderings
Farseek
Hunting Wilds
Nature's Lore
Three Visits
Sol Ring
Mana Crypt
Mox Diamond
Chrome Mox

Sensei's Divining Top
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Sylvan Library
Worldly Tutor
Sylvan Tutor
Enlightened Tutor
Idyllic Tutor
Lurking Predators
Life from the Loam
Rite of Replication
Exploration
Oath of Druids
Sterling Grove
Swords to Plowshares
Vanish into Memory
Wrath of God
Day of Judgment
Austere Command
Tooth and Nail
Mana Drain
Regrowth
Miraculous Recovery
Spitting Image

Hunted Troll
Admonition Angel
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Inkwell Leviathan
Iona, Shield of Emeria
Novablast Wurm
Simic Sky Swallower
Terastodon
Vigor
Woodfall Primus
Darksteel Colossus
Djinn of Wishes
Sundering Titan
Baneslayer Angel
Blazing Archon
Empyrial Archangel
Enlisted Wurm
Kederekt Leviathan
Spearbreaker Behemoth
Sphinx of Jwar Isle
Artisan of Kozilek
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Pathrazer of Ulmalog
Ulmalog, the Infinite Gyre
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

I like it. I think there are some cards that are cute but not amazing, which could be easily replaced. I think they're fun though, and that's really what the format is about. If you have comments, I'm happy to hear them.

AngryTroll
04-15-2010, 12:39 AM
How is 40 land + 11 mana spells? I've found 38 + 10 to be awkward, but I really don't know how to cut it down from there. At some point there really isn't a weakest mana ramp spell left, and you actually have to start making decisions. Awkward.

Valdez
04-15-2010, 02:17 AM
I think i would play it mor controlish, with only 3 critters.

Merchant Scroll into Intuition/Gifts = Win, same is true for Mystical Teahings, you can also tutor for Muddle the Mixture and transmute into Oath.

Maybe you could take a look at my topic for some inspiration: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?17151-[Highlander]-5c-Oath

Nightmare
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
I wouldn't want to run only 3 creatures. Even if you run the Eldrazi or Iona, it's too easy for someone to kill the creature and then you. In multiplayer, you'll need some kind of defense to be able to pull off an Oath win, and it's really hard to win without Oath if you don't play a bunch of guys.

The mana is great. A lot of times I just get to the right amount of mana to start casting the fatties. I tried to keep the number of non-dual land non-basics to a minimum so you're less vulnerable to mana disruption, but you don't want to get color screwed either.

Guevera59
04-17-2010, 10:09 AM
But isn't Emrakul just the ultimate Oath target? He can only die by sac/wrath effects and then he gets shuffled back in to get Oath'd again; don't you just always want him in play over other fatties?

Lego
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Needs more Defense of the Heart