PDA

View Full Version : Casual Kor Spiritdancer/Confinement

the Thin White Duke
04-24-2010, 03:22 PM
... or Reading iz Tech.
I spotted Kor Spiritdancer on a spoiler a while ago and Solitary Confinement popped into my head for some reason. I made a list of awesome enchantments to play in a new deck, then I reread Spiritdancer...
So anyway, I put together a pile of cards which have proven fun to play.

19x Plains
3x Mistveil Plains

4x Kor Spiritdancer
4x Tallowisp

4x Flickering Ward
4x Spirit Loop
2x Genju of the Fields

3x Solitary Confinement
3x Wheel of Sun and Moon
2x Oblivion Ring

4x Path to Exile
4x Tithe
4x Edge of Autumn

I was going to fit Greater Auramancy in the original build, but I didn't have room and giving my creatures shroud would actually be a bad thing.
And speaking of shroud, Wheel of Sun and Moon does not play well with Confinement on the table...
Tallowisp is great when I get a couple but I can't rely too heavily on those odds, so that may be on the bubble. I thought of playing Plow Through Reito to activate Tallowisp and get cards back into my hand for Confinement, but there's no room and it's kinda dumb.
I also had more Genjus in there, but the deck can actually be very mana intensive; plus when I blow up my own land with Edge of Autumn that puts a crimp on things.
Keep in mind this is a casual deck...
any suggestions/comments?

Sanguine Voyeur
04-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Tallowisp is the only thing that can trigger itself, correct?

You could go for Argothian Enchantress, which has shroud, or Mesa/Verduan Enchantress.

Evershrike is a cool card that doesn't interact well with Wheel of Sun and Moon.

the Thin White Duke
04-24-2010, 03:42 PM
My goal was to keep the deck mono white, so Enchantress doesn't do it for me.
Evershrike is really cool, though. I think I'll play around with that idea for a bit.
That could change things quite a bit.
Thanks for the great idea!

Sanguine Voyeur
04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Wasn't sure if you were white or green white. The Wheel and Edge of Autumn though me off. I totally ignored how you have no Forests.

Mesa Enchantress, however, is white.

the Thin White Duke
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
I've been able to play a few games against aggro decks; against berserk-less stompy (i.e. mediocre) and against an optimized affinity deck. There was one close game against stompy, but Spiritdancer won all three games. If I had Berserk in the deck it probably would have been 2-1 in favor of Spiritdancer (maybe 1-2, but that's all hypothetical after all...)because I had Solitary out early in two games.
Against affinity, Spiritdancer deck went 2-2. Again, I got Confinement out pretty early and some well timed Paths to Exile.
I made a few tweeks:
-1 Edge of Autumn
-1 Mistveil Plains
+1 Genju of the Fields
+1 Solitary Confinement

I may try to fit a Shackles or two in, maybe take out one Wheel of Sun and Moon.
I put Tallowisp in the deck mainly because I've always wanted to play it, but I'm on the fence with this guy. He's a body, which aren't many in this build, but he's useless alone. I may have to try to squeeze in more spirits; maybe Restless Apparition or Suture Spirit?

the Thin White Duke
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I just remembered Sigil of the Empty Throne! I think I'll cut a Wheel of Sun and Moon for a Sigil.