PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Budget MTGO Pebbles

MMogg
05-28-2010, 10:31 PM
So, I need a bit of help. I'm a bit tired of Pauper and am for all intents and purposes "po", so I was wondering if I could throw together a budget version of one of my favourite combo decks of yesteryear: Pebbles!

As I said, I am really ambivalent about MTGO and so don't want to sink money into virtual cards I already own in paper, especially since virtual costs are wildly inflated (to be discussed). So, this is the budget list I came up with:

4 Enduring Renewal
4 Goblin Bombardment
4 Shield Sphere
2 Phyrexian Walker

4 Grim Tutor
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder

4 Silence
4 Duress
2 Castigate

4 Arcane Sanctum
4 Dromar's Cavern
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Teramorphic Expanse
2 Mountain
2 Plains
2 Swamp
2 Island

It's obviously missing a good manabase and proper potential search cards like Enlightened Tutor ($10 each... no thanks) and Sterling Grove ($10 each . . . no thanks). That said, I hope the manabase is sufficient and want some opinions on it. I chose a main :b:,:u: and :w: base with Arcane and Cavern and the 8 pauper fetches allow me to get a needed Mountain. Of course, there is every possibility I will draw fetches and need to go for :w:,:b: or :u:.

Also, the shell to put it in was not easy to decide on and would like opinions on that. I chose discard and 4 Silence as a way to protect the combo, especially since permission not called Force of Will (a hundred fucking dollars) cost mana and my mana will be tight as it is to get off the combo. The Grim Tutors are just strictly better than Idyllic Tutor and are much cheaper too (go figure).

Since I need to buy these cards before I play, I can't test or offer any kind of performance data. :frown: So, that's another reason why I want to ask here.

Thanks1

Greenpoe
05-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Trying to help out with the manabase, so here's my suggestions for possible solutions to help you with it:
Add in these sorts of lands: Ravaged Highlands, Timberland Ruins, Abandoned Outpost, Bog Wreckage, Rupture Spire, Seafloor Debris, Shimmering Grotto
Or there are the artifact add-any-color effects: Chromatic Sphere/Chromatic Star, Mana Cylix, Mana Morphose, Pentad Prism, Prismatic Lens, Prophetic Prism
But overall these would probably be your best bet: Springleaf Drum (since a creature is part of your win-con) or Wild Cantor