PDA

View Full Version : Turbo-Landfall

Ziron
05-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, I´ve been playing a bit around with Crop Rotation and Landfall lately. The result is pretty hilarious, the deck is extremely explosive, but even more fragile :) Removal just owns you and many things are pretty gimmicky. Still, the deck is very fast and fun to play.
// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
1 [ZEN] Forest (4)
1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
3 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
1 [UNH] Mountain
4 [B] Taiga
2 [DIS] Ghost Quarter
2 [B] Plateau
1 [B] Savannah
4 [ON] Wooded Foothills
1 [ZEN] Plains (3)

// Creatures
2 [RAV] Vinelasher Kudzu
3 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [ZEN] Steppe Lynx
4 [ZEN] Plated Geopede

// Spells
4 [WWK] Searing Blaze
4 [SH] Fling
2 [ZEN] Zektar Shrine Expedition
4 [V09] Berserk
4 [UL] Crop Rotation
2 [MR] Second Sunrise
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
Well, choices.

Mana"base":
We need 3 colors, most prominently red, but white and green at any time as well.
A lot of fetchies to generate Landfall and fix mana. One of each basic for Ghost Quarter.
The rest of the lands are landfall-enablers, Flagstones are just so good here. The generate nutsy landfall combined with quarter, Crop Rotation and Second Sunrise. Quarters the same, even if a bit narrow.

Creas:
Lynx and Geopede should be clear.
Im currently testing Kudzu, he has more staying power, but is not as explosive. Guide is decent and often goes to town twice, doing a fine job at cc1. I´d like to replace him with something more suited to the deck, but there is nothing :(

Spells:
Zektar is another cheap critter, we should be able to activate him easily :)
Berserk and Fling are the best ways to use all that huge power, as our beaters have no trample.
Bolt is just Bolt.
Now, the 2 most important cards:
Crop Rotation is nuts. By itself, it generates at least 2 landfall. But combined with flagstones, quarters or second sunrise.... Well, I sometimes get about 10 landfalls t4 :) It just owns. And is an instant.
Second Sunrise enables some crazy moves, but does nothing alone, so just a 2-of.

Interactions:
kill Flagstones with quarter. 2 LF
Crop on Flagstones into fetchland. 3 LF
Play Flagstones with Flagstones in play. 3 LF
Second Sunrise after any of these- A lot more LF.
That's without normal fetches, generating 2 LF each.
Combine any of these freely :)

I know, this is really gimmicky. But extremely fun as well :) Flinging 18/18 Geopedes at opponents is cool, as well as hitting them with 32/17 trampling Lynxes :P
It kills between t3 and 4, depending on your draw.
Any suggestions to improve the deck?

Jeff Kruchkow
05-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Emerge Unscathed. You get blown out by decks like zoo with tons of removal.

Greenpoe
05-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Perhaps replace Goblin Guide with Double Cleave, or perhaps even Exploration.