PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Intet, the Dreamer (The Intet Offensive)

munkie
05-30-2010, 05:05 PM
I wanted to post a current list that I have for my Intet EDH deck. Feel free to ask about individual card choices, since I can justify most of them, but when looking for cards to cut, it has become extremely difficult the do.

Creatures:

Intet, the Dreamer
Trygon Predator
Oracle of Mul Daya
Acidic Slime
Glen Elendra Archmage
Flametongue Kavu
Dominus of Fealty
Mystic Snake
Mulldrifter
Djinn of Wishes
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Rampaging Baloths
Eternal Witness
Seedborn Muse
Venser, Shaper Savant
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Primeval Titan
Inferno Titan

Artifacts:

Gilded Lotus
Sensei's Divining Top
Mana Vault
Darksteel Ingot
Mana Crypt
Sol Ring
Coalition Relic
Lightning Greaves
Umezawa's Jitte
Crystal Shard
Vedalken Shackles

Enchantments:

Future Sight
Holistic Wisdom
Sylvan Library
Propaganda
Leyline of Anticipation

Instants:

Relic Crush
Hinder
Krosan Grip
Counterspell
Cryptic Command
Voidslime
Snakeform
Ancient Grudge
Mystical Tutor
Fact or Fiction
Suffocating Blast
Mana Drain
Force of Will
Momentous Fall

Sorceries:

Rite of Replication
Harmonize
Decimate
Firespout
Chain Reaction
Hull Breach
Bribery
Concentrate
Time Stretch
Kodama's Reach
Cultivate
Restock
Tooth and Nail
Primal Command

Planeswalkers:

Jace Beleren
Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Lands:

Scalding Tarn
Wooded Foothills
Misty Rainforest
Flooded Strand
Taiga
Volcanic Island
Tropical Island
Stomping Ground
Steam Vents
Breeding Pool
Karplusan Forest
Yavimaya Coast
Shivan Reef
Flooded Grove
Fire-Lit Thicket
Cascade Bluffs
Strip Mine
Wasteland
Reliquary Tower
Open Slot
Thawing Glaciers
3 Forest
2 Mountain
8 Island

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs152.ash2/40929_1428836873219_1001736749_31025857_1038730_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs602.snc4/58228_1428836913220_1001736749_31025858_293079_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs434.snc4/47770_1428836993222_1001736749_31025860_2783644_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs422.snc4/46481_1428837033223_1001736749_31025861_4736057_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs318.snc4/41251_1428866393957_1001736749_31025894_209733_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs602.snc4/58239_1428834193152_1001736749_31025853_6436608_n.jpg

Bryant Cook
05-30-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't like Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs or Sphinx of Jwar Isle. They're just not useful enough, same could be said for Taurlean Mauler. While Mauler is an absolute beat stick, in a control deck I don't know if not having an ability is going to be worth while. Thirst for Knowledge in a deck with so few artifacts scares me. Try out Tidings or Opportunity.

munkie
05-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Kazuul is an absolute beating. I was playing with Propaganda in this deck from the start, and if they didn't deal with it, it really always bought me enough time to establish myself every time I cast it. So I really started looking into finding another effect like it, and couldn't find anything until they printed this guy. He has been like a 5 mana Blazing Archon every time for the most part. Most people don't either want you to get another guy, or just Fog them in general.

Sphinx is an effective threat that is tough to kill and has great flavor and synergy with my General. "Do I feel like using Intet this turn? Let's see."

Never been unhappy with Thirst. Even raw dogged, it's still been good. I like the instant speed and as far as opportunity, I see one less card for 3 less mana, I'll take it.

Mauler is actually on the chopping block, but not for the reasons you mentioned. Forgotten Ancient is pretty much just better in every way, but I don't have a foil one. Even then, that slot is still on the chopping block. Mauler gets bigger when they cast a spell... and Ancient gets bigger when they cast a spell and even bigger when I counter it. But since my bigs are big enough to get the job done by themselves, these guys can't really get it done off the top. Mauler hasn't ever been bad, I just feel like it could be something better most of the time.

Bryant Cook
05-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I still don't think Kazuul is worth playing especially for the reasons you mentioned.

Sphinx, I didn't think about how he interacted with your general. I guess he's worth playing.

You should be playing Natures Lure, Farseek, Reach, and Vegetation over artifact mana seeing as they don't die to board sweepers. As for Thirst, it only breaks even if you didn't draw/discard an artifact or +1 if you did. Where Opportunity is always +3 on card advantage.

munkie
05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Kazuul is my red propaganda. It allows me to stall just enough to get a couple more lands in play. This deck has a very hard time losing once it get's past turn 6 or 7.

Opportunity is still 6 mana draw spell. I would rather play Recurring Insight for that much mana. If I were to cut Thirst, it could be for something, but not Opportunity.

I feel like EDH is at it's best when you get the most effect out of the mana that you invest into a card. I live and build decks by that philosophy and it seems to be working.

I agree with you about why I should cut the Signets, as that is the same reason why I want to. Makes Thirst and Guided Passage worse, however. But I would play Growth Spasm over any of those spells.

I would never cut Mana Vault, Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Ingot or Relic. Power > potentially dying to sweepers.

swarm187
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I think I like Time Warp over Time Stretch, just because I think your deck should win with one extra turn.

Also, I would use Tidings over Concentrate, but that's a personal call. Tidings is better than Opportunity, IMO, and I think it beats out Concentrate because you get the extra card. I like more cards if it's only costing 1 colorless for the extra one.

You may want to consider cards like Indrik Stomphowler, Wickerbough Elder, and Gifts Ungiven too, as they seem to fit within the idea of your deck.

If you're looking for a Propaganda-type effect on a stick, try Chronozoa. That might be the most annoying creature in the format! I've also had great success with Renegade Doppleganger as an early form of control, especially when your creature base is a toolbox of answers like yours is.

I would definitely recommend Worldly Tutor in this build, to help find Venser/Trygon/etc. I would also highly recommend Bloodbraid Elf in this build. She would be a house!

munkie
06-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Swarm: Thank you for your input.

I made a few changes to the deck. Check them out.

Time Warp vs. Time Stretch- Time Stretch wins for a number of reasons:1. Being able to cheat it onto the stack is the best feeling in the world. Time Warp isn't really nearly that impressive. 2. I have a sick foil Japanese Time Stretch from Odyssey. 3. I'm greedy 4. INTET!

Gifts Ungiven is banned :-/ otherwise, I'd be all over that shit.

Tidings vs. Concentrate- I like the Concentrate/Harmonize flavor. I also really like the way these curve in my deck. I don't really have a lot of 4 mana cards in this deck, so I like the 4 slot being card draw (Concentrate, Harmonize, Momentus Fall, Jace, Fact or Fiction). The first turn I have 5 mana is usually really awkward. I don't want to add another 5cc to the deck.

Stomphowler/Elder/Chronozoa/Bloodbraid- Decent creatures in their own right, but they can't win a game by themselves like the rest of my bigs can. These creatures won't be good 100% of the time, so they're just not worth it. Elder is worthy of consideration, but I would hate to get that with Guided Passage probably always.

Worldly Tutor- Just isn't good enough on it's own. So to cover the desire for such a card, I added the multifaceted Primal Command.

xXxBretWeedxXx
06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Swarm: Thank you for your input.

I made a few changes to the deck. Check them out.

Time Warp vs. Time Stretch- Time Stretch wins for a number of reasons:1. Being able to cheat it onto the stack is the best feeling in the world. Time Warp isn't really nearly that impressive. 2. I have a sick foil Japanese Time Stretch from Odyssey. 3. I'm greedy 4. INTET!

Gifts Ungiven is banned :-/ otherwise, I'd be all over that shit.

Tidings vs. Concentrate- I like the Concentrate/Harmonize flavor. I also really like the way these curve in my deck. I don't really have a lot of 4 mana cards in this deck, so I like the 4 slot being card draw (Concentrate, Harmonize, Momentus Fall, Jace, Fact or Fiction). The first turn I have 5 mana is usually really awkward. I don't want to add another 5cc to the deck.

Stomphowler/Elder/Chronozoa/Bloodbraid- Decent creatures in their own right, but they can't win a game by themselves like the rest of my bigs can. These creatures won't be good 100% of the time, so they're just not worth it. Elder is worthy of consideration, but I would hate to get that with Guided Passage probably always.

Worldly Tutor- Just isn't good enough on it's own. So to cover the desire for such a card, I added the multifaceted Primal Command.

Is Worldly tutor ever really on it's own when Intet is your general? Seems like it would be pretty good to have that kind of library manipulation with your generals ability.

swarm187
06-09-2010, 09:54 AM
munkie- Well put. I can understand your card choices in every instance.

I really like Primal Command in EDH, I just neglected to see that it was missing from your original list. :) I was also unaware that Gifts was banned, but that isn't too surprising.

Have you thought about Mul Daya Channelers over Oracle of Mul Daya? I undertand the merits of both cards, but in my experience playing with both of them, Channelers seems to offer more punch for less mana. It also has the same synergy with Intet, although I understand that Oracle allows you to dig a little bit more. Just a thought to chew on.

I would also consider the following cards as additional utility:
Woodfall Primus
Genesis
Forgotten Ancient
Pelakka Wurm
Voidmage Husher
Murkfiend Liege
Chord of Calling
Tooth and Nail

Last but not least, I think one of the best cards to use with Intet is Cream of the Crop. I know it's a different type of strategy, but combining this with Impromptu Raid starts to get a little nutty.

Hope these suggestions help!

TheAardvark
06-09-2010, 10:05 AM
If you go with Tooth & Nail, you could also be That Guy and run Kiki-Jiki/Pestermite. Just saying.

munkie
06-10-2010, 01:01 AM
I have thought about a lot of those cards. Some of the top contenders of cards I have considered are:

Mul Daya Channelers
Murkfiend Liege
Tooth and Nail

These cards are good, but with Channelers Not getting there most of the time, I can't afford to risk the inconsistency in performance for the random times it will be really powerful. Oracle of Mul Daya let's me put lands into play, which is what I want to do, and has Rampaging Baloths triggers.

I like the Liege, but the good part about Seedborn Muse is that it untaps lands. That's what I want to be doing with a card like this. My creatures having vigilance is cool, but rarely relevant.

Tooth and Nail just doesn't seem like it fits in this sort of deck. I don't really have any cool two card combos, as those generally require you to run bad cards (see: Pestermite). This deck does not run any bad cards. That is the goal. I want every seven card opener to be a sick one. That's why I want this deck to have the best mix of the best cards in these colors.

Due to this strategy, since I have had this version of the deck, The Intet Offensive winning percentage is .825 or above. Including multiplayer games of no more than 4, I win at least 8 out of 10 games. Seems like my strategy has been working, so I need every card I draw to be awesome. No bad cards at any time. This is our goal.

All of the other cards listed may have been under consideration or in older versions of this deck, but were ultimately cut from the deck due to not being good 100% of the time. Drawing Forgotten Ancient or Taurean Mauler on turn 15 gets rather old after the first few times.

Chord of Calling might be good in this deck. It's not necessarily ever a dead draw, let's me play a creature from my deck at instant speed... but for like 8 or 9 mana. I just think it's going to end up costing too much at the end of the day to end up doing anything really sick with it a consistent number of times.

Tog
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I was thinking about building an Intet deck and I was curious: What are some your usual routes to victory?

As far as suggestions go, I'm a big fan of Quiet Speculation with a potential pile of Deep Analysis, Recoup, Moment's Peace, Ancient Grudge, and Krosan Reclamation. Recoup also works well with Intuition which can get Recoup, Time Stretch, Retarded Sorcery.

JeroenC
06-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I usually win by the huuuuge cardadvantage I get once Kiki-Jiki hits play. Copy Mulldrifters, Solemn Simulacrum but mostly Mystic Snake and Draining Whelk. Obviously stronger in duels.
My list is also somewhere on the forums, but probably not the latest one.

munkie
07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
@ Tog:

The cool part about this deck, is that it can play the same way every time or totally different every time you play it. The fact that this deck remains so incredibly consistent no matter what your opening 7 are, that you can usually win with whatever it is you draw. When I draw a hand of counterspells and control cards, I generally try to play the Intet plan. I'll run him out there and pretty much just protect him and ride the Intet Card Advantage Express all the way to victory.

Any of the bigs in this deck can pretty much rid you to victory on their own, Kazuul being the obvious exception.

Seedborn Muse might seem broken in a vacuum, but realistically, when I hear people complain about this card, I just feel like I don't care. It's just a combo piece. A rather easy one to deal with, I might add. The 4-butt makes it susceptible to most removal and, well, it's green.

Rampaging Baloths is a card that warps the way I play when I draw it. This card is such unmitigated raw power, it has proven itself to be probably in the top 10 EDH creatures of all time. Rarely a dead draw, there are so many cards in this deck that just break it wide open. Fetchlands, Oracle, Future Sight and the Rampant Growths just make this guy so sick.

Spellbound Dragon really is just a 5-mana 8+/5 flying Merfolk Looter. Insane. Borderline retarded.

I can go on and on, but win however you can. My personal favorite: Attack with Intet, trigger on the stack, Mystical for Time Stretch into the concession.

The graveyard package is cute, but this list is just too tight to add marginally functional cards to a very powerful deck.

@JeroenC:

Kiki-Jiki is good, but almost too good in a sense. I like him, but he really is only good with a couple creatures in the deck. I like the style of this deck and the way it plays out, so I really am trying to change it as little as possible.I do really want to find room for a Solemn Simulacrum in this deck. Might be better than Mulldrifter.

Current list of potential additions updated.

Pastorofmuppets
07-17-2010, 03:38 PM
If you're running Sylvan Library, why not run Abundance? Works good.
Also, would you like some Plow Under? It buys you a couple of turns, especially in the late game.

munkie
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Current list of cuts is:

Guided Passage- Well, this card started out as cute since it was the only other card in magic that costs URG. It worked since i designed the deck to have this card get the three worst cards out of my deck and put them in my hand, with the idea that none of them suck. Now that I have the deck to the point where none of the cards suck ever, Guided Passage is effectively useless. I like this spot becoming Crystal Shard. The same 3 mana investment, but helps with controlling the tempo and making friends. Along with being able to re-use my creatures ETB effects is pretty neato.

Urza's Rage- I kept convincing myself to keep this in due to the deck having a general lack of removal. Also, my justification for keeping it in the deck was that coupled with the fact that I can recur it with Holistic Wisdom and kick it for an alternate win strategy. But, if I have that kind of control over a game, it shouldn't matter what kind of card I have to win with. I like this spot becoming Inferno Titan. Raises the curve a bit, but it does the same amount of damage, along with being a win condition (for much less mana).

Sphinx of Jwar Isle- This is really cool with Intet, but I have recently had a problem with it only being a 5/5. It can't trade with a lot of other generals, and I have no way to make it bigger through shroud. I have a lot of library manipulation to begin with, so this is actually proven to be quite nominal and unimpressive. I like this spot becoming Primeval Titan. Let's be honest, Titan is pretty sick. Nice body with some land toolbox possibilities. Plays well with Rampaging Baloths. Same mana investment.

Prophetic Bolt- Still on the fence about this one, but removing Urza's Rage makes it so I have even less removal. Maybe this would be a nice clean swap for Treachery.

Mulldrifter- Eh. Two cards is pretty good, and at worst it's Divination, but I rarely want to do less than pay 5 mana for it so I get the most out of it. A 2/2 body is not quite what I want for 5 mana sorcery speed, but this card will obviously get a bit better when I add Crystal Shard.

Spelljack- Man this card is so sweet. I 'Jacked a Rite of Replication the other day and kicked it on a Garruk's Packleader. It was awesome. I drew into Reliquary Tower.

Thawing Glaciers- I wanted to try it out, so I got a sweet foil one. Just a little slower than I want. Still pretty decent, just on the hot seat.

xXxBretWeedxXx
08-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Why are you cutting Spelljack if you're saying it's sweet?

I think Titan is good enough to lose the cute interaction with Jar Jar

I'd keep Mulldrifter myself. Love the card and you have 3 ways to make it instant speed right? Also I agree that adding shard will make it better as it becomes a 4 mana repeatable draw spell.

munkie
08-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Spelljack, while sweet, is a little greedy. Even for this deck.

JeroenC
08-13-2010, 07:52 AM
A little late but:

@JeroenC:

Kiki-Jiki is good, but almost too good in a sense. .

This is too true. Both my Kresh and my Intet have begon to revolve almost completely around him. Kresh comboes him with Survival, Intet with Draining Whelk and Mystic Snake (and I almost also put Survival there >.<). However, while Kiki+Whelk usually wins duels, it puts you under a lot of pressure to a) counter the right things and b) find a way to finish your opponents before they do you in a freeforall. So I'm just going to make Intet more broken and less Mirror-breaking. I'll update with a list if I find one I find pleasing.

munkie
08-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Kiki-Jiki is pretty awful on his own... and if you get any sort of engine going with him, it puts a huge target on you. It's simply a liability that is too great for another 5 mana 2/2.

@Bret: I haven't cut it yet! It's on the block though.

drago
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Like this deck. It looks like you are you 1 card over though at 101cards.

munkie
08-18-2010, 07:55 AM
I just counted my actual deck and it is 100 cards, so I will have to go through with a fine tooth comb to figure out my mistake. Probably just a basic land. I think I cut a Mountain.

munkie
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Pics!

Pinder
10-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm actually in the middle of refining my own Intet list (which I will probably post here when I'm not at work and have more time), and one of my favorite things that I notice is absent from your list is Tooth and Nail. Even if you don't want to go for the instant win with T&N -> Kiki Jiki + Pestermite, being able to grab any two off the fatties right out of your deck (or even just find a couple of utility creatures or drop fat that's already in your hand), Tooth and Nail is an absolute bomb. I run Mystical Tutor and Personal Tutor just so I can find it more often. It's also one of the best feelings ever to play it off of Intet's ability.

munkie
10-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm actually in the middle of refining my own Intet list (which I will probably post here when I'm not at work and have more time), and one of my favorite things that I notice is absent from your list is Tooth and Nail. Even if you don't want to go for the instant win with T&N -> Kiki Jiki + Pestermite, being able to grab any two off the fatties right out of your deck (or even just find a couple of utility creatures or drop fat that's already in your hand), Tooth and Nail is an absolute bomb. I run Mystical Tutor and Personal Tutor just so I can find it more often. It's also one of the best feelings ever to play it off of Intet's ability.

As good as T&N is, I feel that it is one of those cards that just might be too good. Many times the person who resolves T&N first wins in an almost automatic fashion. My deck wouldn't necessarily abuse it other than putting huge dudes in play, but the card is on my personal watch list for the EDH banned list, so I've gotten used to no playing it. Maybe I will test it out when I get a foil one.

Also, I am thinking of dropping a few countermagic spells for Treachery, Sower of Temptation, and Vedalken Shackles. I would retool the mana base a little to take better advantage of Shackles. Also, looking to find room for Greater Good. Works too well with all the steal effects that I want to play along with the insanely awesome Dominus of Fealty. Seems like it can be a sweet removal and card filtering engine at the same time,

Pinder
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Actually, after further playtesting I've found that the Kiki-Jiki/Pestermite combo is incredibly fragile. It gets completely hosed by anything that can remove either half at instant speed (read: just about everything). It's occasionally good for a surprise win against an opponent who is tapped out, but more often than not I find myself unable to use the combo and just getting two fat dudes or some sort of utility creatures. Also, since it makes infinite dudes and can kill any number of opponents, every other player is going to be gunning for the combo in multiplayer games, so you have to worry about this for every other player on the table.

munkie
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
You are arriving at the conclusion about cards for this deck that I did a year ago. Basically I just made it so every card in the deck was so good it didn't really matter if the opponent dealt with it or not, the next card I play will be just as powerful. By eliminating every shitty card in EDH for this deck, you should end up with my deck =)

I do want to add T&N now since none of my Green mage friends will cut it from their decks.

Zach Tartell
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Your non-honest foil witness hurts my eyes.

munkie
10-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Your non-honest foil witness hurts my eyes.

No doubt. Shit's hurtin.

chasmflip
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Though I see that this is an older thread, it still is the most recent/decent one I've found about Intet EDH. Would like to ask if you updated your list recently to include any of the Scars of Mirrodin cards or just in general (non foils be damned).

bokwinkle
01-16-2011, 04:05 PM
There is so much missing from this list - woodfall primus, duplicant, tooth and nail, mystical tutor, survival, palinchron...the list goes on and on. Honestly, if you're looking to make a new deck to run g/b control deck with just 20 creatures...just run Momir Vig - red seems to add almost NOTHING to this list (other than the desired nostalgia and a pair of sweepers) - and it seems like general selection was just for the color (as the OP indicated).

I understand the desire to play with cards that are fun and nostaligic though - and I applaud you for trying to shoe-horn those into something competitive! I think if you wanted to really make use of your general though you could up the CC's on a few of the spells into some more powerful effects though.

munkie
01-25-2011, 01:38 AM
List Updated.

@ bokwinkle This deck honestly wins 9 of 10 matches it plays, if not more. I have had no problems with any of the cards that I play, and Red is clearly more of a splash.

bokwinkle
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Well, yeah - control is going to win a lot in EDH, the format is basically built for it to be successful - especially in duels. I could shoe-horn 20 counterspells into any EDH deck and make it "competitive". Competitive isn't the point. My point is that if you really want to just run something grossly competitive you can run Momir and utilize you're general more (god, how many of us played against Carl's Momir deck and were completely frustrated), and if you really want to play Intet and play multi-player you can ditch (at least some of) the countermagic and run some of the spells I already mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're doing and I'm not trying to be obnoxious to you, I'm just saying that if someone was looking to start a new EDH deck that they could do things differently and have more cohesive interaction with their general. You explained yourself well in the OP by saying that you had a few cards that you were looking to put in a deck and you chose a general based on that, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...I actually prefer that to someone just trying to be broken (bryant...lol). It would be just as easy for you to go 5-color and be utterly obnoxious, and I'm glad you didn't. Like I said though, if you want more interaction with your general, you could safely up the CC's on some of your spells with favorable results that would elicit a few chuckles...

munkie
02-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I am not trying to make my deck just like everyone else's deck. I didn't want to use a Momir strategy since Carl did. I wanted to do something interesting and unique. The deck started out with the cards I mentioned in the OP, but after years of playing and developing most cards just didn't cut it.

Being facetious about the number of counters in a "competitive" EDH deck and comparing it to my deck is insulting. Zach Tartell's deck is the deck you can critique there. I wanted to keep the deck competitive while being fun, and have done so. I don't really play against a lot of terrible EDH decks, so having just a "fun" deck isn't really my thing. I could have 100 EDH decks built if I threw together every idea that I thought would be fun.

I have worked very hard to generate the very best list I can that still has a similar linear strategy as I had when I started. Complaining about counterspells is so annoying when you only run a handful like I do. Most are two-for-one's and the rest save Intet's ass since most people want to kill him on sight. Counters are the best way to protect my Dragon and make the deck work. Not like I'm just going to run him out there in a 4 way game and just hope they don't have anything for him. That's not how I roll. There is a very strict strategy to playing this deck, and you just wouldn't understand until you built it and played it yourself. And the winning percentage alone, both online (against players from all over the WORLD, not just Cuse) and IRL is seriously staggering. And yeah, sure I could have built a broken pile of Bryant fucking shit (which I think most of his decks are), but I wanted to be original.

You say that you want to have a fun deck... well, if you think winning isn't fun, you shouldn't play Magic.

bokwinkle
02-27-2011, 12:37 AM
You crack me up man, you're reading way too far into what I'm saying. To be fair, I'm not extremely clear in what I'm saying so I'll back up.

First off, the first paragraph in my first response was directed at the person that is obviously no longer reading this thread...lol. Basically stearing him to Momir - not you, I wasn't trying to say you should start from scratch. The second paragraph was directed at you, and generally vague about upping CC's to take advantage of your general - to which you replied that your deck is super competitive so my input was essentially useless.

When I said the format is built for control, I was speaking to the fact that one of 5 cards in your deck is creatures, as opposed to the 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 that many EDH decks run. And when I said I could shoe-horn 20 counters into a deck and be competitive I meant it, although I can obviously count the 5 in your deck. Also, for the record I'm not complaining about countermagic, I'm complaining about control based strategies, since the format is obviously geared for control to be compeititive - high life totals, singleton (inconsistent) decks, with a built-in finisher that's always availble...yeah, it's basically a control player's wet dream.

I'm not trying to be insulting, and if you took it that way I'm sorry, I just made a pretty blanket statement to what seemed to be a new player that he could take advantage of a different general and different cards if he wanted to, and made a pretty low-key recommendation to you to up your CC's to take advantage of your general more. I tried to explain again in my second post that I understood where you were going with the deck - and even commended you on the construction.

And nowhere did I say that winning wasn't fun, I'm not sure where that's coming from...lol. But honestly, I don't understand the bragging about the competitiveness of the deck when I'm obviously not contesting the competitiveness of it - You win a lot, we get it, congrat's. You act as if that means there is no room for improvement or change...if everyone took that approach Legacy would be full of Shivan Dragon.