PDA

View Full Version : BIG ARSE II - bigger and better

Pages : [1] 2

Peter_Rotten
04-21-2005, 08:19 PM
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BIG ARSE II</span>
http://www.glossynews.com/artman/uploads/obese1.jpg...and it's going to be Fuccillo HUGE!
This year we are giving away <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>POWER!</span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Where: Altered States</span>, N. Clinton St., Syracuse, NY
Time: Doors open at 10am, deck registration 10:30. We're going to try to get this one started early!
When: Saturday, July 16th
Format: Legacy (1.5, of course!)
Entry Fee: $20.00
PRIZE: 1st - Mox Jet (Unlimited)
2nd - 4x Underground Seas, 4x Polluted Deltas, and 4X Survival of the Fittest
3rd - 4x Volcanic Islands
4th - 4x Tundras
5th - 8th - 4x Force of Will each

Check out this other nonsense!
Door Prizes - cool random stuff including foils and playable rares and high end uncommons given away just for playing in the tourney. Prizes will include:
1. The Foreign Card Lot: 4 Asian Land Grants, 1 Asian Xantid Swarm, 1 Asian MM Counterspell, 1 Asian Flooded Strand, 1 Asian (BB) Tormod's Crypt, 1 Asian Skyshroud Elite, 1 Asian Woodripper, 1 Asian Goblin Legionaires, 1 Asian (BB) Llanowar Elves, and of course 1 Asian (BB) Sea Serpant - fear it.
2. The Pimp Fattie Lot: 1 Signed Verdant Force, 1 8th Foil Phyrexian Colossus, 1 Foil Plated Slagwurm, 1 Foil Symbiotic Wurm
3. The Virginia Lot: 1 Sundering Titan, 1 (US) Phyrexian Colossus, 1 Platinum Angel, 1 Pentavus, 2x Serra's Sanctum, 4x Enchantress's Presence, 1 Foil Weathered Wayfayer, 4 Solitary Confinement, 1 Karmic Justice, 1 Words of War, 1 Holistic Wisdom, 1 Words of Wilding,
The Source Trivia Test - test your useless knowledge about this site and its members with The Source Trivia Test. Winner receives Cool FOILS:
1 US Duress,
1 7th Duress,
1 Swords to Plowshares,
1 Windswept Heath,
1 Bloodstained Mire,
1 Skeletal Scrying,
1 Deep Analysis,
1 6th Uktabi Orangutan,
1 FNM Powder Keg,
1 Quirion Ranger and
3 Brain Freeze! Entry to the Triva Test is free with entrance fee.
Trading Galore - Players from all over the North East will be showing up, so get some of the hottest trades around.
[b] Hollywood vs. Tariq Taco Bell Soft Taco Eating Challenge! (http://mtgthesource.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=30;t=124;st=0;r=1;&#entry9) - Don't miss it! How many soft tacos can these guys gut?

The Legacy Format is growing bigger and bigger - the first Big Arse had an attendance of over 75 people and current tournaments across the country have nearly reached 100 players. Don't miss out on this fledgling format!

We expect players from Binghamton, Albany, Mass., Virginia, Syracuse, Rochester, Watertown, Canada, and other areas! This tournament is posted on several different websites. The turn-out will be HUGE-AH.

Here's a link to Altered States' website (http://www.alteredsts.com/index.php) if you need directions.

Other details will be added when we figure them out.

We have a judge! Akki will be attending!

If you wish to donate any cool door prizes, feel free to PM me.
edit Prizes updated 6/26/05

TeenieBopper
04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Who's in for Hooters?

cheeseman
04-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Sounds good. I hope attendance is high, but I'm not sure if I'll be making the trip.

troopatroop
04-21-2005, 08:55 PM
This prize is pretty sexy, accordingly we should see if we could get TMD people to come to this. After all, It could bring alot more people in, and seeing as 1st prize is power, I'm sure some of them would be eager to compete.

Anybody know if this is gonna get posted on TMD?

Peter_Rotten
04-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Anybody know if this is gonna get posted on TMD?
Way ahead of you. (http://www.themanadrain.com/forums/index.php?topic=22835.new#new)

AnwarA101
04-21-2005, 09:01 PM
So the real question is can you some how bribe Altered States in allowing a interstate SF2 tournament to occur on the same day? That's what I want to know. I would love to see a VA showing, but that may be at risk if there is no ability for Altered States to alter its policy against allowing people to play SF2.

Maybe Angel Stompy and SD Zoo will prove their worth as top tier decks!

@TeenieBopper: Are you going to play at this one, or is this format to easy for you to dominate?

TeenieBopper
04-21-2005, 09:02 PM
@TeenieBopper: Are you going to play at this one, or is this format to easy for you to dominate?
Eh, depends on how much I hate the format at that point in time.

If I do play, blah, blah, blah - trash talk deleted.

Peter_Rotten
04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I shall now make it personal policy to delete any and all trash talk from TB. Since he pussed out in the last big tourney, he has no right to run his mouth.

Editing now. :;):

Sims
04-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I've got this up at StarCity to save Mr. P some time. With 76 people the last time and it not even being for power, this one looks like it should be even bigger..... Oh, yea.. I might actually have to show up this time...

No... seriously.... Matt will probably bind me, gag me, and throw me in the back of the black mini-van of doom to make sure I get to this one...

TeenieBopper
04-21-2005, 09:28 PM
I shall now make it personal policy to delete any and all trash talk from TB. Since he pussed out in the last big tourney, he has no right to run his mouth.

Editing now. :;):

Bitch, I have more tourney wins than you have match wins. STFU.

Edited By TeenieBopper on 1114135259

Rag Man
04-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Team Left Field is taking the Power home...time to play the game! :angry:

cdr
04-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I'll volunteer to judge. And by "volunteer" I mean "paid volunteer" :p

This is dependant on a) not having to work that day, and b) having working transportation, but I'd love to do it.

TeenieBopper
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
I'll volunteer to judge. And by "volunteer" I mean "paid volunteer" :p
You said it before I could. Ah well, you>me anyways.

Braves54321
04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Just to mention so some people aren't confused, the Jet is unlimited.

I can post scans of it if some people wanna see, its actually pretty nice.
Just another note about this mox it used to be owned by Rick so you Jander78 obbessed VA people should do whatever you can to get it. :p

This tourny is gonna be amazing.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Can we get Rick to sign it?

IndyTerminator
04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
If I have the money and the time to go to this tourney I might make the trip out from Indiana to play. Of course, if I were to do that I would need someone to put me up for the night. Also, if anybody else from Indiana would be going let me know. I'll most likely be down around the Indianapolis region so we'll see. I'll talk to some other people I know about maybe going to this. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Nightmare
04-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Good news, people I only see at tournaments once every couple months! I got a job workingfor NiMo, so it looks like I'll be in Syracuse, and FINALLY in for Hooters!

Jander78
04-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Can we get Rick to sign it?
Although that would make the Jet much more Valuable........I think that would have to be decided by the winner of the tourny. But if need be I can stick around to sign the Jet, or just to sign random signatures in general for all my fans.

Anywho

......I'll be there

........playing

...........a deck that doesn't suck.

Edited By Jander78 on 1114172669

ns2973
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Who's in for Hooters?
I'm in mike, for the tourny AND hooters especially.

troopatroop
04-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Nick Sennet

Commin' out of the woodwork to come to Big Arse II

...It's so on :cool:

CavernNinja
04-22-2005, 10:58 AM
If there is SFII to be played you can probably expect a good 200 people coming from VA, if not, well then we might have 1 person come to play whatever this is that you call Magic.

But anyway, VA got knocked down from it's place of dominance in this large tourney's, only 3 people in Top 8 WTF?!?, so we will be sure to come back with the force of many and take every slot in the top 8.

NeoMike
04-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... Me and Ryan have been talking about going to an out of state tourney this summer, we were thinking of the SCG's P9 in VA. But I think this one might be a possibility... Uh-Oh, Texans coming out to play... But if we do make this, yall so have to come to one of our tournaments - non-negotiable, lol.

Arex
04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Dont do it Mike. Do you remmeber we have a Undeveloped Metagame because we never player Landstill, Dragon or FCG?

CavernNinja
04-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah...in the old format if you weren't playing FCG, Dragon, MUD, or LandStill but still bitching about the unbeatable 3-5 color madness then you did have an undeveloped metagame...as it is the entire format is undeveloped because nobody wants to actually test and see how well the decks do...

If a contingency of Texans make it up for Big Arse II then I will take atleast a car full of people down to Texas some time in 05 as long as there is a tourney worth it.

NeoMike
04-22-2005, 12:10 PM
No actually, during that era of decks, the poeple in Houston had a variety of Madness, Dragon w/ Bazzars, Landstill, WWW, Enchantress, Oath, Survival, Sligh, Hulk, Parfeit[sp?] and FCG. We used to have a pretty diverse metagame and a normal group of 30-50 people a week. But still, I would never intentionally give up a chance to take a top 8 spot in a meta that thinks Texas is all bad players, we shall see. I still need to talk with Ryan about going - His parents were goign to pay for our plane tickets to and from SCG's VA P9 tourney, so if we ask for this instead - i bet we get it. BTW, is there any such thing as a good (cheap) hotel/motel/place to stay, up there?

Raider Bob
04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Not sure I can make the trip...Oh wait I'm not TeenieBopper I'll be there and smash face like always.

Peace

Jander78
04-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Hmmm... Me and Ryan have been talking about going to an out of state tourney this summer, we were thinking of the SCG's P9 in VA. But I think this one might be a possibility... Uh-Oh, Texans coming out to play... But if we do make this, yall so have to come to one of our tournaments - non-negotiable, lol.
That would be awesome, if you guys came up!!! Just don't say "yall" up here or you might get hurt.

ryan1989
04-22-2005, 09:41 PM
That would be awesome, if you guys came up!!! Just don't say "yall" up here or you might get hurt.
That really suprises me. I have never heard any word that replaces, "yall" that sounds good. What would I say? You all? That doesn't sound right, but it seems strange that "yall" is now a word in the American Dictionary, yet is still aknowledged as slang. Anyways, see *yall* later.

BTW - I doubt I would get hurt... I can hold my own and then some. LOL.
Wow you even type white trash like. Just kidding mike you know i love you. But yeah, I should be hitting this up.

Kryand
04-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Despite Mike's claims, before the bannings we had nothing but budget decks. We had one person with Bazaars who played some crap dragon build, one person with Drains who played Hulk, no one with Shops, and Ryan had Masks that he brought out on rare occasions (but they don't count). So we, in fact, did not have a developed meta then, either.

There is a slight chance I could make this event. If I can go with Ryan and Mike (I can pay my own plane ticket) I might just take the oppurtunity to do so.

Edited By braves54321 on 1114268140

troopatroop
04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
As awesome as that sounds, I'm not sure that I would ever do that for you guys. It's really insane that you guys would, and I'm not discouraging you, It's just unbelievable. Big props to you guys if you come...

...just don't cry when you get stomped :;):

ryan1989
04-22-2005, 10:56 PM
As awesome as that sounds, I'm not sure that I would ever do that for you guys. It's really insane that you guys would, and I'm not discouraging you, It's just unbelievable. Big props to you guys if you come...

...just don't cry when you get stomped :;):
I thought it was decided that you weren't allowed to talk smack....

Seriously, if we come up there you guys owe us one.

Kryand
04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Either way I'm probably going to New York with my school orchestra next year sometime in March or April. I won't have time to play Magic, but you can come to Carnegie Hall and watch us play if you're so inclined. :)

Two trips from Houston to New York in under a year... eeesh, that just hit me. :(

CavernNinja
04-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Mad props to Texas for making the trip, I do hope that everyone else will be making it, no more girl friends, wives, school projects/finals getting in the way. And no, hating the format is not an excuse to miss this one, *cough* Mike */cough*

Edited By braves54321 on 1114268188

Carney2k4
04-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow. I just watched a thread go from a tourney planner to an American Language rant in approximately
3 pages, that was awesome! Anyways, this tournament excites me, but arg I might have to choose between Nationals and this, and Nationals will get the nod most likely, even though it's so frickin late in the Summer, but this seems like a cool tourney, and holy hell 200 people are coming from VA? You might have to make this a 2 day event with like top 64 cutoff....omg that would own.

EDIT: BTW unless I win Regionals(arg...:() I'll be playing in JSS Nationals, just clarifying. :D

Braves54321
04-23-2005, 11:00 AM
All I can say is wow..... no more debating over language and other stupid topics that cause people to get all upset. Thats what mish mash is for.

I went through and cleaned all of that crap out.
If someone restarts the subject they will be warned.

Anyways.....continue Big Arse discussion.

-braves

TeenieBopper
04-23-2005, 11:28 AM
If texans make the trip, I might be able to put a couple of you guys up for the weekend, provided there aren't many of you. I only had two virginians at my house last time, so I could fit 3-4 texans in addition to that. Just trying to help out and all.

And no, hating the format is not an excuse to miss this one, *cough* Mike */cough*

Look, it's not my fault the format sucks my balls.

Raider Bob
04-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Look, it's not my fault the format sucks my balls.
It still sounds like he is just running scared, and trying to make whatever excuse he can to not look like a pussy. To bad he looks like one not playing.

Braves54321
04-23-2005, 03:48 PM
If Nick Sennate is gonna play, and he doesn't like the format either, you have no excuse TB, even if you hate it 1 tournament won't kill you. :)

Sims
04-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Yea but he'd probably like to make the 1 tournament the upcoming Amrod's as opposed to Big Arse II.... less of an embarassment if he loses.

Wait a minute...why am I trash talking Mike? I need to stop that....

alteredstates
04-24-2005, 10:57 AM
i'll talk to the boss about SFII Tourney. No promises though... [:blues:]]'>

Bryant Cook
04-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Nate, your not cool remember " we have never sold SFII so we can't allow you to set up a TV." What a great excuse huh?

scrumdogg
04-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Don't be hatin' on Nate, he's a good man...who has to deal with Holly...every day. So cut him some slack or open a competing game store. I will definitely be at this shindig, alto i will not be dragging other people with me this time cuz I have to pick up kids from grandparents afterward. Hopefully we get NNY & Woosta to caravan themselves to the tourney (you're welcome for the 10+ people we brought from NNY to Bob's DLD, btw). I may even bring the combo deck I'm working on, although it will probably be MacGuyver Ver. 82 that sees play....

Brushwagg
04-27-2005, 12:08 PM
I may even bring the combo deck I'm working on

Allan playing combo??? Never thought I'd see the day.

Braves54321
04-27-2005, 12:28 PM

I'm sure it still is green and/or involves putting some creature into play. :p

quicksilver
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM

I'm sure it still is green and/or involves putting some creature into play. :p
I bet he is playing alluren

Peter_Rotten
04-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Update:

WE HAVE A JUDGE! [:blues:]]'>

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Is he good?

cdr
04-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Nah, he sucks :)

CavernNinja
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
So how many bad foils did he bribe you with? Is it anywhere near the pile of junk that went up in the Create a new deck contest?

TeenieBopper
04-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Update:

WE HAVE A JUDGE! [http://mtgthesource.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gifhttp://mtgthesource.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif]'>
Fuck.

Now I really will get stabbed if I don't play.

Raddley
04-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Hopefully we get NNY & Woosta to caravan themselves to the tourney (you're welcome for the 10+ people we brought from NNY to Bob's DLD, btw).
I will ask around this weekend at Jeff's tourny and see if anyone is interested.

Peter_Rotten
04-28-2005, 08:13 AM
So how many bad foils did he bribe you with? Is it anywhere near the pile of junk that went up in the Create a new deck contest?
OH, I'm sorry. What pile of cards have you put up for free? When have you tossed away $40 just for the hell of it? When have you sponsored a tournament at your own financial risk?

Maybe you could show me what would be considered a good selection of cards to give away - for free - by sponsoring some sort of contest aimed at fostering creative expansion of the format.

Put up or shut up. Pile of junk, my foot. [glare]

CavernNinja
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm just sayin that I might have tried harder to find a deck if there was power involved...maybe not a twister though, those aren't cool at all.

Peter_Rotten
04-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Damn, if you want to give away power, go with your bad self.

AngryTroll
04-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Hmm....if it were a week earlier, I might be able to make it our from Portland and show all you East-Coasters how to play Magic....

If I am in Virginia anyways, I would definately try to make it. But that weekend I am elsewhere....it looks like you guys luck out this time.

Have a big tourney out here somewhere, ok? I would love to play in a BIG tourney, and it would be awesome to make it to this one, but I can't do the 16th. One weekend earlier maybe? Is it early enough to do that? Probably not worth it to change it for maybe one Oregonian though. Oh well.

Who would make it to the West Coast for a big tourney this summer?

cdr
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
It's worth mentioning that the K value of Big Arse will also be large - 32K if at least 32 people show. That's twice a normal tournament.

Peter_Rotten
05-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Updated for Tariq and Hollywood's Taco Challenge! (http://mtgthesource.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=30;t=124;st=0;r=1;&#entry9)

Jander78
05-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Someone better puke or I'll want my money back.

TeenieBopper
05-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Updated for Tariq and Hollywood's Taco Challenge! (http://mtgthesource.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=30;t=124;st=0;r=1;&#entry9)
sonovabitch.

That's going to be absolutely disgusting. Good thing I might not even be there.

Rag Man
05-26-2005, 08:43 PM
That just made me laugh my ass off.

See, I'm not a slob and I don't eat my ass off. I'm at the gym every day and run at least 3 miles a day. So, I'm hoping my uber-fast metabolism can outrun Tariq's abyss of an appetite.

At any rate, I plan on winning several times that day.

Peter_Rotten
05-26-2005, 10:05 PM
At any rate, I plan on winning several times that day.
Yup, there'll be plenty of door prizes for you to win.

Carlos El Salvador
05-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Wow, July 16th... I might make it to the big arse, because my woman is stealing me to New york for a month or so... (Oh no, such a bad thing.) the problem will be getting from NYC to Abaney, but I am sure if I can make it, I'll be there, beezotches.

EDIT: I live, sorry.

Brushwagg
05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
the problem will be getting from NYC to Abaney
Abaney ??? Well where ever that is. The event is in Syracuse.

Carlos El Salvador
05-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Syracuse, sorry.. I was owned.... by my shitty thinking.

Peter_Rotten
05-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Updated for even more ridiculous Door Prizes and increased Trivia Contest Prize:

Door Prizes - cool random stuff including foils and playable rares and high end uncommons given away just for playing in the tourney. Prizes will include:
1. The Foreign Card Lot: 4 Asian Land Grants, 1 Asian Xantid Swarm, 1 MM Counterspell, 1 Flooded Strand
2. The Pimp Fattie Lot: 1 Signed Verdant Force, 1 8th Foil Phyrexian Colossus, 1 Foil Plated Slagwurm, 1 Foil Symbiotic Wurm
3. The Virginia Lot: 1 Sundering Titan, 1 US Phyrexian Colossus, 1 Platinum Angel, 1 Pentavus, 2x Serra's Sanctum, 4x Enchantress's Presence
The Source Trivia Test - test your useless knowledge about this site and its members with The Source Trivia Test. Winner receives Cool FOILS 1 US Duress, 1 7th Duress, 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Windswept Heath, 1 Skeletal Scrying, 1 Deep Analysis, 1 6th Uktabi Orangutan, and 1 Quirion Ranger! Entry to the Triva Test is free with entrance fee.

SpatulaOfTheAges
05-29-2005, 05:08 PM
3. The Virginia Lot: 1 Sundering Titan, 1 US Phyrexian Colossus, 1 Platinum Angel, 1 Pentavus, 2x Serra's Sanctum, 4x Enchantress's Presence
Sweet!

Peter_Rotten
05-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Sweet!
Yeah, is there anything else that only the Virginians can make win?

Solidarity doesn't count. If only Nausea had some cool rares in it. :( And we all know that IBA couldn't make MOSH win if we paid his opponents to concede every round.

Braves54321
05-29-2005, 05:45 PM
The Source Trivia Test - test your useless knowledge about this site and its members with The Source Trivia Test. Winner receives Cool FOILS 1 US Duress, 1 7th Duress, 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Windswept Heath, 1 Skeletal Scrying, 1 Deep Analysis, 1 6th Uktabi Orangutan, and 1 Quirion Ranger! Entry to the Triva Test is free with entrance fee.
I'm gonna take this nerd prize home, WUG?

Mad Zur
05-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, is there anything else that only the Virginians can make win?
BB Hypnotic Specters? [love]

Peter_Rotten
05-29-2005, 06:13 PM
HA! I have no cool POX stuff... even my Pox are white bordered!

AnwarA101
05-29-2005, 06:56 PM
HA! I have no cool POX stuff... even my Pox are white bordered!
You should be ashamed - white bordered Pox!!! Yeah, we want to see some BB Hypnotic Specters - way to go Mad Zur!!

By the way, why doesn't Solidarity count?

Peter_Rotten
05-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Cause VA is not the only place that it wins in.

CavernNinja
05-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Steve you've got something coming if you think you'll take home the Trivia prize that easily.

Braves54321
05-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Steve you've got something coming if you think you'll take home the Trivia prize that easily.
You gonna study? :p

I don't think it will be easy, but I know so much random BS from here, its truely pathetic actually.

I want that foil saga duress, just to make JP cry when I rip it in half (everyone from Albany knows what I'm talking about).

Afro
06-02-2005, 12:07 AM
No head for norm if he even tries to rip it in half he will be cut off FOREVER

colsmack
06-05-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm gonna come up from Massachussetss with a couple guys for this one, been looking forward to it for a while.

Braves54321
06-09-2005, 12:18 PM
So me and Matt P decided to make a little bet.

He doesn't think 100 people will show up, I do.

So if we get 100 people, Matt has to pay my entry fee for the tournament.
If we don't get 100 people I have to donate $25 in cards for door prizes.

If we get 100 people I will donate cards for door prizes anyways.

Me and Matt are also discussing adding other cool door prizes.

So lets make this HUGE-AH, if you people do Matt and I can add to the prize pool the day of the tournament(I have foil fetches, duals, and lots of other pimp cards that are extra).

Peter_Rotten
06-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Don't get me wrong; I think that a ton of people will show up for this - the first BA got 76 (or was it 77?). But never has a Legacy tournament had an attendance of over 100. This could be the first, but I have a solid feeling that it will be just under 100.

Maybe it will be 99 so that we can point at Norm and laugh! :p

Rag Man
06-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Who's in for Hooters?
After trying to out-eat Tariq in a Taco-eating challenge, I think I might have to get something to eat there just to rub it in his face when I win!!

At any rate, I'm sure the turnout for this will be huge. I know a few of my other friends will be attending as will Team Left Field...we're taking home a third Mox Jet in a row, baby!

Jander78
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
we're taking home a third Mox Jet in a row, baby!
You mean Geoff is taking home a third Mox Jet in a row?

XxCoffinxX
06-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Woooo me and my Secret Force are taking home the fatties lot wooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....ok im done

Stupidity breaks pages. Your excessive woot-ing created all sorts of nonsense for me to solve. Take it easy on the woots.

Peter_Rotten

Ray D 3
06-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I will hopefully be making this one. Now...I just need to figure out what to take @_@

TeenieBopper
06-10-2005, 09:01 AM
How the fuck did you people let him win twice in a row? Fine, the T1 I can understand cause there were 20. But the virginia tourney before it? I told you guys not to let him win. Apparently my faith was misplaced.

Anyways, yeah, Hooters. If we're there at midnight, y'all get to see my first drink as a legal 21 year old.

Edit: You fucking Albanyians better go to hooters this time too. Christ, it's the damn Big Arse. Tell the womens you're going to be home late. It's not like you were going to be getting any coochy that night anyway.

Edited By TeenieBopper on 1118408635

Raider Bob
06-10-2005, 09:20 AM
@Teeniebopper - Geoff wins, if you want him not to win you should play and represent. If your not going to represent you should just close your mouth and let people who do play talk smack.
On a side note - I actually hope Geoff wins the Big Arse then the Worlds tounament and you get to bitch about it, that would be pretty funny.

Peter_Rotten
06-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Hooters than a 2 hour drive home does not = good times. This is simple math. A positive times a negative = a negative.

Braves54321
06-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Hooters than a 2 hour drive home does not = good times. This is simple math. A positive times a negative = a negative.
Don't be a friggin chooch Matt. If you let us go to Hooters I'll throw in a dual land as a door prize(and yes, it would be a blue dual).

Edit: So you're not confused Matt, it would be seperate from our bet thing altogether, I would just give away a dual.

Edited By braves54321 on 1118409920

Kadishack
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I say we have avote for the most BAD A$$ Magic Player on the SOURCE, the winner gets my BIG FURRY MONSTER. What do you think?:D

EDIT: Maybe this should be a thumb wrestling contest or arm wrestling? what do you guys think?

Jander78
06-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I say we have avote for the most BAD A$$ Magic Player on the SOURCE, the winner gets my BIG FURRY MONSTER. What do you think?:D

EDIT: Maybe this should be a thumb wrestling contest or arm wrestling? what do you guys think?
I say we have a all out brawl and the last one standing gets everything.

FakeSpam
06-10-2005, 11:10 AM

I say we have a all out brawl and the last one standing gets everything.
Nah. Too many steel chairs within reach.

Nightmare
06-10-2005, 11:23 AM

Are you gonna be the judge? Because if you are, just give it to me. You seem to have an illogical fear of me beating you up, so I think I win.

Kadishack
06-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Actually the person I fear the most is Teeniebopper because he always puts me in wrestling moves and I can never get out of them. He's jacked. I'll kick his ass soon though.
EDIT:
Also Jander, because he is gonna make me puke up tacos. :;):

LunchBox
06-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Actually the person I fear the most is Teeniebopper because he always puts me in wrestling moves and I can never get out of them. He's jacked.

That's hilarious on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin.

Punisher
06-10-2005, 12:11 PM
No, I am taking home a Mox Jet, sucka.

I got some unfinished business with several people at this tourney... :angry:

LunchBox
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Seriously? Again with the Punisher?

Brushwagg
06-10-2005, 12:21 PM
How the fuck did you people let him win twice in a row? Fine, the T1 I can understand cause there were 20. But the virginia tourney before it? I told you guys not to let him win. Apparently my faith was misplaced.

So does this mean that you are playing Mike ???

Rag Man
06-10-2005, 12:25 PM
While you're definitely a cool guy Mike and I respect you as a person and a player, Geoff played without making hardly any mistakes and did very well. We should take nothing away from his wins...he deserved them by doing what he thought he was supposed to of...he won.

Of course...had I not made a serious play mistake I might have played Geoff in the finals...but I took a hit for the team, you know, like at the end of Karate Kid when Bobby intentionally sweeps the leg? Yepp, that was me.

And...on that note...there is no excuse why anyone shouldn't play, the date has been on this site for months now, dammit.

TeenieBopper
06-10-2005, 11:48 PM

So does this mean that you are playing Mike ???
Nope.

4 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1787
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1795
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1792
3 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1793
3 Geoffrey T Smelski Draw 1803
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1797
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1753
3 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1753
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1824
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1836
4 Geoffrey T Smelski Draw 1845
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1855
4 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1846
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1863
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1869
3 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1863
1 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1862
3 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1831
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1806
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1763
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1769
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1777
5 Geoffrey T Smelski Win 1767
2 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1601
1 Geoffrey T Smelski Loss 1641

Win-13
Loss-10

I'll talk as much shit as I want, thank you very much.

I've seen Geoff do some stupid, stupid shit, like keep a two land, no colored source hand with Landstill, constantly fetching duals against a deck he knows is playing non basic hate, and playing Gaea's Blessing in a deck with no green sources. That's not inluding the minor deck builidng mistakes that while debatable, I still think are mistakes. Is Geoff competent? Of course. I'd rather not play him in the deciding round of a tournament. But he's also not the best player in syracuse like a few people believe. Not by a long shot.

If Geoff wins worlds? Good for fucking him. CCW won worlds too, you know. Or it could just be Altered States syndrome at states, where he has no real competition.

Edited By TeenieBopper on 1118461782

Raider Bob
06-11-2005, 12:45 AM
I saw Teenieboppers last post an wondererd what Bob vs Teeniebopper has been like.

4 Mike k Edinger Draw 1802
2 Mike k Edinger Win 1787
4 Mike k Edinger Loss 1790
6 Mike k Edinger Win 1795
4 Mike k Edinger Draw 1807
5 Mike k Edinger Win 1786
4 Mike k Edinger Draw 1779
1 Mike k Edinger Win 1832
1 Mike k Edinger Draw 1801
2 Mike k Edinger Draw 1790
4 Mike Edinger Loss 1753
3 Mike k Edinger Loss 1769
4 Mike k Edinger Win 1814
3 Mike k Edinger Win 1802
3 Mike k Edinger Win 1774

Bob - 7 Wins
Draws - 5 Draws
Mike - 3 Wins

I guess I like the matchup, but who the fuck draws 1/3rd of the time they play each other??? I will admit 2 of the draws were intentional and 1 was really a loss on my part but then I beat him in the top 4. I actually miss the days when Teeniebopper tried to make new decks and enhance the format, with decks like Reap, Hulk and a kick ass LED/Madness deck, but then that was before the stick got shoved up his ass or as I like to call it the day the lists split.

TeenieBopper talking about Geoff

But he's also not the best player in syracuse like a few people believe.

This is kinda funny cause Geoff is the first to admit he is not the best player and that his decks play themselves so it cuts down on possible play mistakes he can make.

Jander78
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Can't wait to get my Mox Jet back......

I'll talk as much shit as I want, thank you very much.
How does being practically on par with someone give you the right to "talk shit"??

Edited By Jander78 on 1118764192

Peter_Rotten
06-26-2005, 04:44 PM
I searched through my binder and my boxes and tossed in some more cards for the door prizes. I updated the Foreign Card Lot, the VA Lot, and the Triva Contest Prize

1. The Foreign Card Lot: 4 Asian Land Grants, 1 Asian Xantid Swarm, 1 Asian MM Counterspell, 1 Asian Flooded Strand, 1 Asian (BB) Tormod's Crypt, 1 Asian Skyshroud Elite, 1 Asian Woodripper, 1 Asian Goblin Legionaires, 1 Asian (BB) Llanowar Elves, and of course 1 Asian (BB) Sea Serpant - fear it.
3. The Virginia Lot: 1 Sundering Titan, 1 (US) Phyrexian Colossus, 1 Platinum Angel, 1 Pentavus, 2x Serra's Sanctum, 4x Enchantress's Presence, 1 Foil Weathered Wayfayer, 4 Solitary Confinement, 1 Karmic Justice, 1 Words of War, 1 Holistic Wisdom, 1 Words of Wilding,
The Source Trivia Test - test your useless knowledge about this site and its members with The Source Trivia Test. Winner receives Cool FOILS 1 US Duress, 1 7th Duress, 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Windswept Heath, 1 Bloodstained Mire, 1 Skeletal Scrying, 1 Deep Analysis, 1 6th Uktabi Orangutan, 1 FNM Powder Keg, 1 Quirion Ranger and 3 Brain Freeze! Entry to the Triva Test is free with entrance fee.

Di
06-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Just noticed the DCI things you guys like to post.

Must I post my win results vs. all you guys? Honestly, I never lose to any of you.

And I plan on winning the Big Arse, taking the entire field with storm with the best deck in the format. Regardless of what you think the best deck is, whether is be Shitstill, ATS, Shitidarity, or Vial Shitlins, you are wrong. I have the best deck, and I will win.

Peter_Rotten
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I have the best deck...
Well, you obviously must be referring to Burning Tog.

Either that or Rabid Wombat.

AnwarA101
06-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I searched through my binder and my boxes and tossed in some more cards for the door prizes. I updated the Foreign Card Lot, the VA Lot, and the Triva Contest Prize

The Source Trivia Test - test your useless knowledge about this site and its members with The Source Trivia Test. Winner receives Cool FOILS 1 US Duress, 1 7th Duress, 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Windswept Heath, 1 Bloodstained Mire, 1 Skeletal Scrying, 1 Deep Analysis, 1 6th Uktabi Orangutan, 1 FNM Powder Keg, 1 Quirion Ranger and 3 Brain Freeze! Entry to the Triva Test is free with entrance fee.
Where are the Beta Hyppies? I know we are known for our wild decks but Pox not getting any representation in the VA lot just doesn't sound right to me!

Peter_Rotten
06-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Sorry, I have no beta hyppies. If someone wants to donate them - hell, go ahead.

Rag Man
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to destroy each and every one of you.

:cool:

Raider Bob
07-02-2005, 09:54 AM
On a side note this is going to be a great warm up for the Legacy worlds and the Legacy Grand Prix. I am not sure I am going to have the stomach to stay all day after watching Tariq eat however. The K-Rockathon is the same day as this event so the Syracuse, central NY turnout may not be as strong as first evaluated.

Sims
07-02-2005, 11:17 AM
On a side note this is going to be a great warm up for the Legacy worlds and the Legacy Grand Prix. I am not sure I am going to have the stomach to stay all day after watching Tariq eat however. The K-Rockathon is the same day as this event so the Syracuse, central NY turnout may not be as strong as first evaluated.
The Agressive Music Festival is the same day aswell (Hatebreed, Mudvayne, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, etc.), but I don't think it is going to significantly decrease the number of people going to BA2 from the Albany area.

cdr
07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
More Tournament Information:
* Decklists are required. Come prepared: http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/DecklistConstructed.pdf
* Rules Enforcement Level 3. This is equivalent to a PTQ. Players are responsible for knowing DCI rules.
* Likely the first 32K-value Legacy tournament ever. Gain massive points for possible GP Philly ratings byes!

TeenieBopper
07-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Why the fuck would anyone go to either of those concerts? It's not like there's anybody good playing. The only exceptions are Hatebreed, Trapt, and Lit.

Sims
07-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Eh, I'd go sit through some of the shittier acts to watch Shadows Fall (again), Killswitch, and Hatebreed.... Then again there is a decent shot I'd be watching it from backstage.

Watcher487
07-04-2005, 03:34 AM
No there isn't because you would be wasting money before me and Kender kidnap you.

Kenderleech
07-04-2005, 10:12 AM
The Irishman speaks truth.

Nightmare
07-04-2005, 10:33 AM
I'd have to agree with CA, although I've seen all three of those bands more than enough times, all of them from onstage, and I would rather not sit through MuDvAyNiAc and SlipperyKnox0rs to see them.

Rag Man
07-04-2005, 11:35 AM
I would add Shinedown to that list. They fucking rock. They are the only reason I would go to K-Rockathon.

Peter_Rotten
07-04-2005, 11:51 AM
BAH! I don't care if Jane's Addiction is "fellating" Faith No More on center stage, and Layne Staley has risen from the dead to open for them. I'm going to Big Arse!

calosso
07-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Peter you might be going to Big Arse, but I am gonna win.

:)

CavernNinja
07-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Hot damn, I have an even better reason to beat the living shit out of calosso now, not only is he trash-talking for a tournament that he has no chance of winning, he's not even doing it well. I mean when I say that I'm going to beat you all with Sundering Titan and steal wins with stupid Platinum Angel I can atleast back it up with mediocre results at large tourneys and a handful at wins at local ones. Whereas this dumbass is going to be taking Vial Goblins into a LandStill infested field and lose with it...repeatedly.

Peter_Rotten
07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
...A disappointing turn of events... Tariq and Hollywood will not be participating in their Taco Eating Contest. Instead, they are planning to attend some sort of concert or something.

I think it is the Lilith Fair.

Enjoy:

http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10101000/10101891.jpg

Nightmare
07-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I know they mentioned they wanted to eat a lot of tacos, I wasn't aware they meant pink ones. Have fun with the dykes, boys. Get a couple over to our team.

Di
07-07-2005, 01:41 PM

Who are you, who are you, who are you?

How dare you trash-talk without something behind your name. Good luck son, we're going to pound your ass.

Rag Man
07-07-2005, 02:06 PM
No..I am going to Big Arse...I am playing...and I intend on winning.

Also, last night I went out with Bob like I regularly do on Wednesday night at karaoke. Munkie and Tariq showed up and later on in the night, after drinking eight tequila sunrises, I did a taco eating contest with myself. The bet was that I was to try and eat 30 soft tacos in 45 minutes. Well, I didn't quite get that far, but I ate 12 soft tacos in 20 minutes then called it quits. So, yeah.

Believe me, until you try it for yourselves...it isn't as easy as it looks...especially after your stomach has been tsunamied by alcohol the whole night.

troopatroop
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM

How dare you trash-talk without something behind your name. Good luck son, we're going to pound your ass.
Calosso seems like some1 who's ass I need to kick. #1 Vial Goblins player? WTF is that?!! Godzilla could pick up that deck and be 20 times better than you with it. God help us if you win this tournament. You're a piece of meat thrown into a shark tank Calosso...You're gonna get ripped apart. :angry: :angry: :angry:

...now that is trash talkin

Bryant Cook
07-07-2005, 05:28 PM

Calosso seems like some1 who's ass I need to kick. #1 Vial Goblins player? WTF is that?!! Godzilla could pick up that deck and be 20 times better than you with it. God help us if you win this tournament. You're a piece of meat thrown into a shark tank Calosso...You're gonna get ripped apart. :angry: :angry: :angry:

...now that is trash talkin
You're one to talk look at your title, So stop talking . Have you ever even top 8'd at anything? The only thing going for you is your mom is a MILF.

Kadishack
07-07-2005, 05:30 PM
What did the 5 fingers say to Troop's face? SLAAAAAAP!!!!!

Team Sexy is gonna tap that Big Arse until its sore.

Watcher487
07-07-2005, 06:03 PM
What did the 5 fingers say to Troop's face? SLAAAAAAP!!!!!

Team Sexy is gonna tap that Big Arse until its sore.
And that is all that Team Sexy is going to do...tap thier moms, while they get schooled on how to play thier decks by 3deuce and FIB. It's ugly to see you guys lose due to the high paced thrill of getting killed by Hypnox and Lava Dart....

Bryant Cook
07-07-2005, 06:12 PM
You two won a 17 person tournement congrats, You should be proud that's less than a weekly tournement anywhere else. I would love to see how you do at a large tournement like the Big Arse. I also don't see team sexy losing to those decks since I know what they are playing. Good Luck and GG.

Braves54321
07-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Team Sexy:

Love to talk shit and yield little results. :p

Edited By braves54321 on 1120775943

TeenieBopper
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Team Sexy:

Love to talk shit and yield little results. :p
Any single member of team sexy has more top 8's at big tournaments than all of albany combined. Shut the fuck up, newb.

Rag Man
07-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Well, Team Sexy is gonna take a trip into Left Field July 16th...and they aren't coming back. GG.

As for Albany, I'm going to punish you singe-handedly while my other teammates destroy what little there will be left of Rochester and Virginia.

You wanna make it to the top...you're all going to play the Game July 16th...whether you like it or not.

~HWooD~ :angry:

davedude
07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I would play "the game" except for the fact that Amzaing results II is going to have amazing results on July 16th. Better look out!

Peter_Rotten
07-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Christ almighty, if The Game or Amazing Results II t8s, we should all quit and play X-Box or something.

Bryant Cook
07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone look it's troopatroop #2. Another person who talks alot of trash and has never placed top 8, is it me or is there a pattern starting to occur? I have seen no amazing results out of dave dude, has anyone else?

TeenieBopper
07-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Christ almighty, if The Game or Amazing Results II t8s, we should all quit and play X-Box or something.
Remember the last top 8 at a big tourney at AS? Lemme remind you. Angel Stompy and San Diego Zoo both made finals. There was no ATS or Landstill in the Top 8. There was a bunch of other random things wrong with that Top 8, but that's all I can remember.

Speaking of Angel Stompy and San Diego Zoo- I fucking told you so. I seem to be saying that an awful lot lately.

Watcher487
07-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Well wasted, it's not like any of Team sexy actually top4'd that one, well who are you guys again?? ...ohhhh yeah I did play Kady, Hypnox is a good card against Astroglide.

And now for the Bopper:
Nah it's just a waste of my time making fun of you...so are you going to play Type II now?? Or are ya going to just quit after 3 rounds?? Why make fun of you when you just do it to yourself.

And Cuse thinks they are so good, and every time there is a person from Albany around, you do the Monica thing... and have plenty of excuses to boot. (Good Job :D )

Bryant Cook
07-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Well wasted, it's not like any of Team sexy actually top4'd that one, well who are you guys again??
Cuse thinks they are so good, and every time there is a person from Albany around, you do the Monica thing... and have plenty of excuses to boot. (Good Job :D )
Alright I'm sorry but once again I have to prove someone wrong. First off I'm not on Team Sexy, I'm just friends with a few of them. (Besides Garv, he just Pisses me off oh look 4 beserks! or look end of turn 3 rootwalla's.) As for the team sexy in top 4 there was Fakespam with...alluren. I swear his goal is to ruin the format. Syracuse has the right to brag we've top 4'd or top 8'd at everything. Monica thing? sorry I don't speak 10 years ago could you inform me of what that is?

Watcher487
07-07-2005, 10:43 PM
So it was Spam I played first round, it's a nice deck crumbles to Land Grant though.... I guess Bob was wrong about that match up also...

Excuses...bah. If I remember correctly there was only 2 people that wasn't from Syracuse there...and they were 3-0-0 after 3 rounds...

Monica thing? sorry I don't speak 10 years ago could you inform me of what that is?

And to think that Wasted is the only defending 'his team' ohhh wait... your not on it. Hey at least your not sucking Garv's... nevermind.

And all I want is to get my rematch with Bob over with... I suppose I can do a return match with Hollywood but it better be a table match.

Bryant Cook
07-07-2005, 10:51 PM
If I remember correctly there was only 2 people that wasn't from Syracuse there...and they were 3-0-0 after 3 rounds...

Monica thing? sorry I don't speak 10 years ago could you inform me of what that is?

And to think that Wasted is the only defending 'his team' ohhh wait... your not on it. Hey at least your not sucking Garv's... nevermind.
Alright do you want me to count with you? You, Kendlerleech guy, Lunchbox, and a few others were from out of town. Yay I can count and you can too! Alright I better stop I'm starting to look like a dick. Sorry I have my own team if you didn't notice it's in my sig Team ShitList.

Kadishack
07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Well wasted, it's not like any of Team sexy actually top4'd that one, well who are you guys again?? ...ohhhh yeah I did play Kady, Hypnox is a good card against Astroglide.

And now for the Bopper:
Nah it's just a waste of my time making fun of you...so are you going to play Type II now?? Or are ya going to just quit after 3 rounds?? Why make fun of you when you just do it to yourself.

And Cuse thinks they are so good, and every time there is a person from Albany around, you do the Monica thing... and have plenty of excuses to boot. (Good Job :D )
For one thing is did't mention that I conceded g3 because I left my wish target in the MD and drew it in my opening hand. i could have played it out to be a dick. I mean i personally think your deck is a piece of shit, I mean WTF, Full Irish Breakfast thats not being a poser or anything is it? I have never seen you do really any good in tourneys besides Amrod's which has been a joke because no one showed up for the tournies. I gurantee if the Virginians came you would have gone 0-2 drop. I mean for christ's sake, any tier 1 deck should crush you into the ground with no problem because your deck is a pile. And yes I am saying Astroglide isn't tier 1 but it is still better vs. the rest of the field then your deck. And if you are gonna make fun of people, make fun of people who you are actually better than, not people who outrank you in every playskill way imaginable. Teeniebopper is a million times of a better player than you are and so is the rest of Team Sexy.

That makes me feel better.

Braves54321
07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Let's keep this thread civil. Further flames will be deleted. Trash talking is fine, just don't get carried away.

SpatulaOfTheAges
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
On a sad note, I think IBA and I will be missing this. An associate of our dad's hired us for a move that was supposed to be early July, but it's been pushed back.

TeenieBopper
07-08-2005, 02:37 PM
On a sad note, I think IBA and I will be missing this. An associate of our dad's hired us for a move that was supposed to be early July, but it's been pushed back.
Don't make us drive down there and kidnap you fuckers. Don't think we won't do it, either.

Brushwagg
07-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Don't make us drive down there and kidnap you fuckers. Don't think we won't do it, either.

So does this mean you are going to play?? Or just show up for the Type 2 ???

TeenieBopper
07-09-2005, 11:12 AM

So does this mean you are going to play?? Or just show up for the Type 2 ???
I haven't decided yet. It depends on which format has a deck I like.

Peter_Rotten
07-09-2005, 11:13 AM
NO SPAT AND IBA? NO TARIQ? Goddamn? Maybe no TB or Hollywood?The "Byes" are dropping like flies - I may actually have to outplay people.

Rag Man
07-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Dammit PR...I am playing.

Peter_Rotten
07-09-2005, 03:31 PM
PHEW! Then there will be at least one bye!

FakeSpam
07-09-2005, 07:56 PM
PHEW! Then there will be at least one bye!
No. It's worse than the bye. A bye is a win against an undefeated opponent.

Braves54321
07-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Albany is coming out there to rock the show.

Keeney is getting prepped for the Taco challenge (Fakespam knows what I'm talking about :;): ).

Is anyone going to step up to the plate and challenge him?

Di
07-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Keeney's fucking huge. I'd advise people to not challenge him, because he is likely to eat 20 soft tacos, then eat the opponent.

Afro
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
I just fear the ride home with Keeney. God help us all.

Braves54321
07-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Good thing he's not riding w/us. :)

Sims
07-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Good thing he's not riding w/us. :)
Fuck you.

That is all.

FakeSpam
07-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Dear Source Members,

You won't believe what I'm playing. Better yet, you won't believe I'm winning.

Loving the view from table one,

Alex

Peter_Rotten
07-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Well maybe you can help me pick a deck. I'm still friggin undecided. :(

awesomeawesome
07-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm playing five color poison-counter with lots of painlands, and Leeches for direct damage.

Di
07-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Dear Source Members,

Alex

I'll see you there. We BOTH suck.

FakeSpam
07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Well maybe you can help me pick a deck. I'm still friggin undecided. :(
I was until last night.

Play trix again. It's awsome.

Peter_Rotten
07-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Well, it did beat Hollywood. :;):

TeenieBopper
07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, it did beat Hollywood. :;):
Yeah, so did my little sister.

Dear Source Members,

Alex

Fucking christ, stop regressing the format.

Edited By TeenieBopper on 1121126075

Di
07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Fucking christ, stop regressing the format.

He isn't the only one. :)

Brushwagg
07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I can aparently win with anything.
Next tournament deck:
52 mountain
4 Land's Edge.
4 Seismic Assault

Can go back any further than this? (What is it 1995 ???)

FakeSpam
07-12-2005, 02:13 AM
Next tournament deck:
52 mountain
4 Land's Edge.
4 Seismic Assault

I'm not actually going to play that in the tournament.

Although, I am trying to build it for pick-up games.

Afro
07-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Next tournament deck:
52 mountain
4 Land's Edge.
4 Seismic Assault

I'm not actually going to play that in the tournament.

Although, I am trying to build it for pick-up games.
aint got shit on MBC!!!

troopatroop
07-12-2005, 07:21 PM
That is all :;):

Edited By braves54321 on 1121214889

Braves54321
07-12-2005, 08:35 PM
That is all :;):
Good luck, you're going skiing on the bench seat in the back of the Mini Van between Josh W and Brandon.

XxCoffinxX
07-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Woooo Skiing!!!! *does the hand motion*

thats if the all great and powerful PR will bring me *grovels*

Getsickanddie
07-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Dear Source Members,

Alex
So I saw what Alex is playing.....
It's so awesome........
WHEN he makes top 8 saturday......
He will become a god among mere mortals.

GreenMycon
07-13-2005, 04:04 AM
Who's writing the questions for the source trivia?

Di
07-13-2005, 05:03 AM
More importantly, what is this Source Trivia you're talking about?

EDIT: nevermind, I can't read.

GreenMycon
07-13-2005, 05:42 AM
EDIT: nevermind, I can't read.
Yes, but who is in charge of the question writing?

Peter_Rotten
07-13-2005, 08:03 AM
ME! I'll post the questions out sometime after the tourney.

LunchBox
07-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Speaking of writing, has anyone given thought to feature match and Top 8 coverage? I know SCG didn't want it last time, but with the GP coming up and the surge of articles recently, maybe we should give it another shot. If nothing else, we can put them up here as articles.

I know I'd be willing to help if I follow up my 2-0 with an 0-3 again.

Peter_Rotten
07-13-2005, 09:33 AM
I might take some notes during T8 if I'm not in it.

Side note: I still need a deck to play. :(

cdr
07-13-2005, 11:14 AM
If people feel like writing coverage of T8 matches, we certainly encourage that :)

Same with pictures, I know I'll be bringing my camera at least.

We may do feature matches too, if I can remember everyone's names for long enough. I have Red Zone feature mats but I doubt Altered has a table wide enough for them.

Watcher487
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Well Peter I might be able to build you Reap Lace... that's if I can find my Death Laces...

And I'll also write Top 8 if you are in the Top 8 or just to lazy to even think about it...

Nightmare
07-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't really have a problem writing up some top 8 matches if I'm in them or not. They would be better written if I wasn't (more likely) but I would do it anyway.

FakeSpam
07-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Well Peter I might be able to build you Reap Lace... that's if I can find my Death Laces...
The deck plays Death Lace?

Anyway, Red Zone feature mats would be insane. I've always wanted to throw my dudes into the red zone. Like, a real one.

Di
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Coverage would be awesome. It was a huge dissapointment that SCG didn't take it last year after all the hardwork that TeenieBopper and myself put into that, so let's hope it'll be good enough this year that they do.

Someone should bring a Polaroid camera too, so they can get autographed pictures of Team Sexy at the event :)

TeenieBopper
07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Someone should bring a Polaroid camera too, so they can get autographed pictures of Team Sexy at the event :)

Mulletus
07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Is this really going to be 32k? RLE 3? What major rule differences are there in RLE 3, compared to rules level zero like Altered Prices normally has? Is there a minimum attendance for that K value? Will there be random deck checks? Is it true that a level 3 judge needs to be present for level 3 enforcement? I have more questions to follow but I need to go to work.........

cdr
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Is this really going to be 32k? RLE 3?
Yes. Yes.

What major rule differences are there in RLE 3, compared to rules level zero like Altered Prices normally has?
You're expected to know the rules, both game rules and tournament rules. Many penalties that are warnings under REL 1/2 are game losses under REL 3.

Is there a minimum attendance for that K value?
32 players.

Will there be random deck checks?
Yes.

Is it true that a level 3 judge needs to be present for level 3 enforcement? I have more questions to follow but I need to go to work.........
A level 2 judge is needed for 32K (1 is 24K, 0 is 16K). Luckily, I am a L2 judge.

Mulletus
07-13-2005, 04:13 PM
If I have foreign cards in my deck, do I have to provide the english version, or does the organizer? Note taking: I know one can write down cards that are seen after a duress or land grant tytpe situation, but if I accidentally reveal a card from my hand can notes be taken about it? Stalling: is there a difference between really slow play and stalling?

Di
07-13-2005, 04:14 PM
..What? Who wouldn't want pics signed by the best players at the event?

cdr
07-13-2005, 04:33 PM
If I have foreign cards in my deck, do I have to provide the english version, or does the organizer? Note taking: I know one can write down cards that are seen after a duress or land grant tytpe situation, but if I accidentally reveal a card from my hand can notes be taken about it? Stalling: is there a difference between really slow play and stalling?
Foreign cards are completely legal. You're encouraged to have the oracle text of your foreign or otherwise unreadable cards with you. The judge can always tell you the Oracle wording, but having it with your deck makes things faster.

You can take notes about whatever you want to within a match. You cannot bring notes into a match.

There is a huge difference between slow play and stalling. In short form, slow play is playing too slowly naturally, and is not deliberate. You will be warned about slow play and penalties will upgrade from there if you continue to play too slowly.

Stalling is deliberately playing slowly in an attempt to take advantage of the clock. Stalling is cheating, and you will be immediately disqualified if caught.

Black and Blue
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Coverage would be awesome. It was a huge dissapointment that SCG didn't take it last year after all the hardwork that TeenieBopper and myself put into that, so let's hope it'll be good enough this year that they do.
I think that tournament coverage and reports for the event is a must-have. The only thing is that in order for StarCity to publish them I think that they need to be entertaining reads. Teeniebopper and Diablos wrote a long, excellent, and detailed report of the final matches (I couldn't find a link to the report ... was it deleted from this site when it was restructured?) and was rejected by Starcity for publication. No offense to either of them, but I think that part of the reason why they didn't accept it was because, in my opinion, it didn't really tell a story. It just described every play like "A plays Grim Lavamancer, B responds with Lim-Dul's Vault, etc."

Contrast it with Peter_Rotten's report (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/7846.html) which was published at StarCity. Both reports were great articles but Rotten's was more entertaining.

The chance of a report or reports being published by StarCity this year from Arse II I think will be greater than last since we now have official WotC® support and interest is rising among the community. The trick will be getting as many published as we can and I think that with creative, entertaining, and informative writing of the reports we can really take advantage of the exposure.

Brushwagg
07-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Here is a link to the DCI floor rules (http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/Magic_FLR_20mar05_EN.pdf). The one thing that stuck for me was, that you need to have your side board where you opponent can see it. It stays face down. So I'm pretty sure this means that your SB can't stay in your deck box.

cdr
07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Here is a link to the DCI floor rules (http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/Magic_FLR_20mar05_EN.pdf). The one thing that stuck for me was, that you need to have your side board where you opponent can see it. It stays face down. So I'm pretty sure this means that your SB can't stay in your deck box.
Your deckbox is a "a clearly distinguishable place", and actually I'd rather have players keep their sideboard in their deckboxes where they can't get mixed up with cards in play.

Rag Man
07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
You will witness the literal destruction of this ancient civilization.

You might say it will come right out of Left Field. :angry:

Braves54321
07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
So when I get there I'll take a pic of Geoff Smelski and have him sign it.

Please keep the shit coming.

Oh yea, and if you want your pic taken you better have your hair washed unlike the last Big Arse. :p

Bryant Cook
07-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Diablos should shave his head for the arse, or atleast get a hair cut. Braves you've done it now, TB is going to bust a nut yelling about how bad a player Geoff Smelski is.

TeenieBopper
07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
I only put the periods there because I was forced to enter a message. Think of it as essentially "quoted for truth."

So when I get there I'll take a pic of Geoff Smelski and have him sign it.

Dunno if you're serious or not. I hope not. Otherwise, better lucky than good.

I think that'll be my new philosphy on shitty players winning. Instead of getting all pissed off, I'll just say that- better lucky than good.

Di
07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Braves- I said the best players, not the players who somehow find their way into the finals. There's a great difference there, and I really, really stress great.

Seriously. Who cuts Crucible from Landstill, and then sideboards out Force of Will against Survival? The acts of a lucky person.

Seems only TB knows what I'm talking about.

Braves54321
07-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Braves- I said the best players, not the players who somehow find their way into the finals. There's a great difference there, and I really, really stress great.

Seriously. Who cuts Crucible from Landstill, and then sideboards out Force of Will against Survival? The acts of a lucky person.

Seems only TB knows what I'm talking about.
HA!

I didn't know he was doing these kinds of things.

Sweet.

Luck > Skill.

GreenMycon
07-14-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm so going to big arse and taking a random chick friend and a video camera. Then I'll film her going up to matt and saying something like, "Will you give me an A if I let you fuck me?" Then I can quickly setup a torrent. Ahh, how savage.

Mulletus
07-14-2005, 03:18 AM
@TB- The more you say 'lucky is better than good', the more you'll sound like chris murray. And NOBODY likes chris 'the whiner' murray. Just Rich Borque.... and where did that get them? And I don't know what's so bad about Geoff, is there a malice past we don't know about. I'm not the best magician either, but you never say I am as awefull as you say Geoff is. Or do I get the 'rarely sober player' handicap. I do tend to over-annalize magic without a few drinks in me.

Is Scrumdogg coming? I haven't heard a peep out of him in months.

At 32k, and a high rating to start, an X-0 player could be looking at a high world ranking. Like we're talking 100 point swings here.

Di
07-14-2005, 06:26 AM
And I don't know what's so bad about Geoff, is there a malice past we don't know about. I'm not the best magician either, but you never say I am as awefull as you say Geoff is. Or do I get the 'rarely sober player' handicap. I do tend to over-annalize magic without a few drinks in me.

The fact that Geoff makes awful decisions and playing and yet still makes the finals is why TB (and myself) whine about him. Save it for the hard working, good players to win.

And on Scrumm, I was wondering the same.

Peter_Rotten
07-14-2005, 07:11 AM
@Scrumm... I hope he does too, although I have a feeling that he is still sore about the whole IBA flame debacle. Wasn't he usually the driver for the MA crowd?

Mono-G
07-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Reading this thread is the only time I wished I lived in America.

I've never played in a big legacy tournament (that involves more then three rounds and has more then 4 other players who are using proper decks, out of 65 people) and I'm a very big legacy fan.

After reading all the posts in this thread it also sounds like you guys have heaps of teams over there, we have one here (Team Pony) which I pretty much nagged everyone about creating, we even got cool team pony caps! but since there are no other teams, there is no rivalry.

Raider Bob
07-14-2005, 09:29 AM
I would say Home field advantage would be important for this but as we saw in VA three NYer's (All members of Team: Left Field) all made the top 8.

As we look at the Dual land tourny Rochester, Va, Albany and Syracuse represented....No one from team sexy represented, or has even made an impact on a large tournament scene in awhile.

Team sexy = Over rated Has beens. With Matt Kadalak being the only player worth anything anymore.

Brushwagg
07-14-2005, 11:58 AM
@Scrumm... I hope he does too, although I have a feeling that he is still sore about the whole IBA flame debacle. Wasn't he usually the driver for the MA crowd?

I e-mail Scrumm about a weel ago or so. He said that he was going to be in NY, but wasn't sure if he was going to attend or not. There are some issues that don't need to be rehashed. I'll try to get him to come. Not going to promise anything though.

Mulletus
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
@diablos- I talked to Adam Langevin (sp?) at work, and told him about the tourney. He says you need a haircut, and he might stop by.

@teams- After the other half of the Mullets of Jericho moving to Mass, and the other half of Grean Team's incarceration, I chose to ravish in my independant status. Yet, my favor can be swayed with proper endorsment. Oh? Is that PBR on the horn?

FakeSpam
07-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh the big arse is on Saturday
I'm going and ready to play
It's you I'll be besting
I've actually been testing
A deck you will call really gay.

AnwarA101
07-14-2005, 11:33 PM
I might take some notes during T8 if I'm not in it.

Side note: I still need a deck to play. :(
Well, I won't be able to make it up for this tournament. So everyone can put away your anti-Pox tech - I don't think you have to worry about a rash of Pox players. Though I would enjoyed taking another shot at Petter Rotten. Which brings me to my main point - Why doesn't PR play Pox? I mean you are looking for a deck that beats solidarity right? You can board for aggro. Sounds like a plan.

Oh btw, VA crew should be heading up and well I want them to bring home the Mox!

The Professional N00b
07-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Peter_Rotten why don't you take a majority vote. Just make a Poll of like 5 Decks and you play the one that has the most votes. Let the Community vote for their "Favorite" mod... :p

Raddley
07-14-2005, 11:59 PM

I e-mail Scrumm about a weel ago or so. He said that he was going to be in NY, but wasn't sure if he was going to attend or not.
I guess he is going to be there for sure or that is what the email he sent said

Braves54321
07-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Wooo, this is tomorrow.

Note that JP and Matt have still not decided on decks......the indecisive fucks.

Who will win teh prize?

http://albany.edu/~sn3355/1.jpg
http://albany.edu/~sn3355/2.jpg
Oh how I miss thee! You will be home soon - Jander

Edited By Jander78 on 1121464169

TeenieBopper
07-15-2005, 04:55 PM
@TB- The more you say 'lucky is better than good', the more you'll sound like chris murray. And NOBODY likes chris 'the whiner' murray.
Chris Murray > you.

I don't much care for his whining either, but it's true.

The fact that Geoff makes awful decisions and playing and yet still makes the finals is why TB (and myself) whine about him.

quoted for truth, emphasis, etc etc.

Rag Man
07-15-2005, 07:59 PM
It's clobberin' time.

NoGameShow
07-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Do we have a guranteed start time for this torunament? If so what is it?

cdr
07-15-2005, 11:38 PM
11:30 is as guarenteed as you're liable to get.

Di
07-16-2005, 12:30 AM
As we look at the Dual land tourny Rochester, Va, Albany and Syracuse represented....No one from team sexy represented, or has even made an impact on a large tournament scene in awhile.

Team sexy = Over rated Has beens. With Matt Kadalak being the only player worth anything anymore

Kadilak is our mascot God dammit.

Not that it's a significant impact, but I've top8'd every Amrod's tournament I've ever played in with the exception of one(playing Solidarity, like February). Not to mention, half of our team is retired. If we all still played like we used to(referring to TB, Artese, FakeSpam, and myself), then we'd fucking reign supreme.

@diablos- I talked to Adam Langevin (sp?) at work, and told him about the tourney. He says you need a haircut, and he might stop by.

Fuck the haircut, but it'd be cool if he'd stopped by. Yet another solid retired Team sexy member.

Jander78
07-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Just got home....

Xenoq is right now going into the top 8 undefeated.....!!!!

In other news, CorruptedAngel is a bitch.

Edit:

Pictures........

Undefeated after swiss......XENOQ (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/xenoq.jpg)

The man behind it all. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/PR.jpg)

Muther fuckin' Afro (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/Afro.jpg)

Joe Snyder breaks a table after exploding Mountain Dew all over his shirt. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/snyder.jpg)

Nick C. Closeup..........no mom pics :( (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/Troop.jpg)

LUNCHBOX, fuck yeah. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/Lunchbox.jpg)

Quicksilver and Scrummdog looking cool. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/quickscrum.jpg)

CavernNinja fell asleep. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/Cavernninja.jpg)

Wasted Life offers a cookie. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/wasted.jpg)

Diablos playing some game, looking cocky. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/Diablos.jpg)

Dave "amazing results" Dude (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/davedude.jpg)

Kadishack thinking hard after braves54321's FoF. (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/jander78/kadi.jpg)

Edited By Jander78 on 1121613007

The Professional N00b
07-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Dude the Pictures arn't working?

Mulletus
07-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Well I went 5-2, I was 13th after the 7 rounds of swiss. That might change, after the top 8 is played out.

Flames deleted. Gripes about my judge can be PMed to me.

Peter_Rotten

Jander78
07-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Huh.....John, take it easy.

I give Chuck (Akki) big props for doing an awesome job all day long.

Edited By Jander78 on 1121613231

Sims
07-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Just got home....

Good going Dev, also.. Pussy >>>>> Magic Tournament. Period.
Dude, give it up. We all know you love 8====D. You prove it by missing any larger sized tourny.

Edited By Jander78 on 1121629488

Di
07-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah John I'm bitching about that too. Of course, the only reason why I bitch about it was because I came in 16th, so it would've been nice to kick more ass. I still think Chuck did a great job by himself, so give him a hand.

As for the people who don't know, the deck I ran was Turboland. Yes, Turboland. I absolutely love the deck and had a blast playing it, ending up 4-2-1. I'll write up a report + thread on the deck, but just to note:

-My wins came from Survival, Goblins, SD Zoo, and Angel Stompy. Not all that amazing, but the deck absolutely crushes those matchups. Vial Goblins, lol. (TeenieBopper can attest to that)

-Losses came from Affinity and SuperGro. Against Affinity I had a sure win game 2, but miscalculated the amount of mana I could add, and couldn't counter a Disciple of the Vault. SuperGro loves watching me be landscrewed. And if not that, they draw 4 FUCKING FORCE OF WILL. Meh.

My draw came from SuperGro as well. I would've pulled it out, but Turboland is slow as Stasis.

Notes:

- The deck can be balls-hard to play. I've been working on it for a bit over a month, and I had to sit and think for a long ass time.

- Blue and Green don't warrant creature removal. That sucks.

Yeah, I'm busy atm, so I'll get all my shizzy typed up soon enough.

Mulletus
07-16-2005, 09:48 PM
My gripe goes deeper, but I will keep it out of print for the moment....... Level 2 judge is better than Level 0, I'll give him that. I even prolly ended slightly in the plus in rating points, so the day was not a total loss. I am just an asshole. It wasn't the first time and it won't be last.

Brushwagg
07-16-2005, 11:05 PM
I was very surprised at the number of good decks there. As of late the bigger tournies have had a crappy meta. . Maybe the meta for the format is finally shaping up. Or could it be just a one time thing ???

It was fun though, even going 3-4. Thanks Peter Rotten for putting it on. Not to mention kicking my ass. That FOF was a really big kick in the junk :angry: :angry:

FakeSpam
07-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Ian wins mox. Story at 11.

random
07-16-2005, 11:23 PM
The highlight of spectating the tournament, for me, was when Kadilak saved his Crucible using 2 Counterspells and a Force, to counter his opponents 3 Counterspells. To bad i dont play a lot of legacy.

AnwarA101
07-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Ian wins mox. Story at 11.
I assume this is CavernNinja - hell yeah VA takes home the Mox!!

cdr
07-17-2005, 01:31 AM
I think that with 73 people, top 16 would have been waranted. But hey, I wasn't the weenie with the palm pilot in my hilt. Nothing worse that a biased judge with with a little bit of power. Dorks with power tend to abuse it, it makes up for their wedgie-filled childhood. And as high as his pants were, the damage appears irreparable. I don't see how old/dirty sleeves are illegal, and sleeves with intricate pictures or holographic immages are perfectly fine in REL3. I guess I don't know the rules.
Holy flame.

You most certainly don't know the rules.

Were you the guy complaining when I didn't give his opponents match losses for minor problems?

Unless you have a real complaint I can address, an apology would be in order.

SpikeyMikey
07-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Just got home....

Edit:

Pictures........

Undefeated after swiss......XENOQ (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/xenoq.JPG)

The man behind it all. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/PR.JPG)

Muther fuckin' Afro (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/Afro.JPG)

Joe Snyder breaks a table after exploding Mountain Dew all over his shirt. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/snyder.JPG)

Nick C. Closeup..........no mom pics :( (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/Troop.JPG)

LUNCHBOX, fuck yeah. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/Lunchbox.JPG)

Quicksilver and Scrummdog looking cool. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/quickscrum.JPG)

CavernNinja fell asleep. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/Cavernninja.JPG)

Wasted Life offers a cookie. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/wasted.JPG)

Diablos playing some game, looking cocky. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/Diablos.JPG)

Dave "amazing results" Dude (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/davedude.JPG)

Kadishack thinking hard after braves54321's FoF. (http://www.geocities.com/rickargiro/BAII/kadi.JPG)
You overran your bandwidth, I can't see the pictures. You should mirror them somewhere so the rest of us that weren't right on top of the coverage can see.

Peter_Rotten
07-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I can't see any of those. :( T8 lists will be up today.

sauceding
07-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Sounds fun...and big. Can anyone give a guess (or account) as to what they saw in the top 8? Surely somebody must have been in the area to see. Excellent that the lists will be up today, hopefully.

And those pics need to be mirrored. This is a big event, we can't let it go uncovered. If you have a tournament report, post it somewhere.

Jander78
07-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Fixed links fuckers

SpatulaOfTheAges
07-17-2005, 03:10 PM
GJ Ian and Scabs.

Now, most importantly, who won the trivia contest? And the Virginia lot?

Braves54321
07-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Now, most importantly, who won the trivia contest?
Garv, with a score of 39, I scored 38.

I fucked up a few questions I should have got, all I wanted was that foil duress........

oh well.

TeenieBopper
07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I think that with 73 people, top 16 would have been waranted. But hey, I wasn't the weenie with the palm pilot in my hilt. Nothing worse that a biased judge with with a little bit of power. Dorks with power tend to abuse it, it makes up for their wedgie-filled childhood. And as high as his pants were, the damage appears irreparable. I don't see how old/dirty sleeves are illegal, and sleeves with intricate pictures or holographic immages are perfectly fine in REL3. I guess I don't know the rules.
States, Regionals, Nationals, Grand Prix, and Pro Tours all do a cut off to top 8. And these are real tournaments, you know, with hundreds of people. Don't bitch because you weren't good enough that day to make top 8.

Chuck volunteered a full day of his time, for as far as I know, nothing. he ran a good show and worked his ass off. I wasn't in the tourney 'til the end, but mad props to Chuck for all the hard work he did.

Peter_Rotten
07-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Chuck volunteered a full day of his time, for as far as I know, nothing. He ran a good show and worked his ass off. I wasn't in the tourney 'til the end, but mad props to Chuck for all the hard work he did.
Chuck was compensated with a nominal amount. With the job that he did, I got a deal and a half.

Ditto @ "the good show" and the "worked his ass off." Judging is usually a thankless job, and the judge is nearly guaranteed to have at least one person pissed at him. At this tourney, Chuck even had to put the smack down on a potential fight.

Di
07-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Technically that is me who won the trivia contest, because I filled out like 3/4 of Garv's paper.

Braves54321
07-17-2005, 04:31 PM

Technically that is me who won the trivia contest, because I filled out like 3/4 of Garv's paper.
Fucking sigh......

Garv should give me that duress now. :;):

Mulletus
07-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh the top 16 thing I don't care about. I am glad I didn't make it into the top 8. I don't think I could have beat everyone. It was other things not listed here that caused my flamage. I knew when I got my second loss that I was out of the top 8, But I stayed in and won out. I have PM'ed him about my two major problems. The sleeves was a minor problem, and one other minor problem was a kid listening to his headphones during the match. I talked to the judge about it, he let the kid wear them. Then he was taking time out of the match to change the song he was listening to, then readjust the earphones when they fell out... etc. That match went to time in the round, and I feel it could have finished normally without that distraction. So it was minor.

I am not bitching that I didn't make it, I am actually quite happy with my performance. I lost to a mirror match 2-1(jeff?), and to vial goblins 2-1 (b is for big job). I beat Gu threshold 2-0 (newbie), UGB Gro 2-1 (happy gilmore), The Game 2-0 (rag man), 5-color? Gro 2-1 (obfuscate freely), and Landstill 2-0 (peter-rotten). I didn't even have a need for any of the top 8 prizes: I don't play type 1, and I have 4-8 of every other prize. The points I wanted, and going 5-2, I may have come away with some. I even found a good trade, and I NEVER trade. Props to kadishack for letting me borrow cards to further pimp my deck.

Don't forget though, I have one skill I was born with.... and that's beeing an asshole.

FakeSpam
07-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I lost to a mirror match 2-1(jeff?), and to vial goblins 2-1 (b is for big job).
Dude. Losing to Gaypr0n sucks. Happened to me last Big Arse.

scrumdogg
07-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Akki did a fine job & amen to 'judging being a thankless task'. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to put the time in, become a judge, and then work some major events - until then you don't get to bitch. Not publicly anyway, matters handled privately are different (and correct, btw). It was a good tourney overall (even if I did miss the fight...what fight? when? who? wtf?)

Jesus
07-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd drop a line in here saying the entire event was Phenomenal, Most of the people whom participated where decent and enjoyable to be around. There where those select assholes and, to many of you Jesus may have been that Choice asshole you where able to meet for the day. I won a set of Force's went home very content, Great event either way. Oh jesus went 5-1-2 with a deck i'd never played and, the match i drew in i had favor to win but you never know luck of the draw i suppose.

Massive props for cavern taking down the Mox either way, I'm so glad sly did not win that tourny either way.

Zephyrus
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Just throwing in my two cents, yeah, definitely massive props to Akki for judging. Not exactly an easy job, and the entire day I never once saw him not working or doing something related to the tournament, so yeah man, thanks a ton for the work you did.

Overall, awesome tournament. Had a lot of fun, put a lot of Source aliases to faces, and didn't do too bad overall either (even if I didn't make top 8). Still kicking myself over losing my chance at top 8 to burn, of all things, but I guess not everything can go your way.

Afro
07-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Unstable mutation is the goods.

CavernNinja
07-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Well run tourney all in all, I was quite happy with Akki as a judge. I never saw him make any real big mistakes in judging and he was pleasant and agreeable the entire time. The only thing that ticked me of a bit was having to switch sleeves, there was a lot of that going around that day.

brolio
07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I have many pictures of the day. Thanks to crazykitty for taking them all day, and she's doing most of the comments too.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a77/brolio/

Alot of the groups are uncommented, and some people we dont know so PM me and I'll try to add them.

The Professional N00b
07-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Nice Job. Great Pictures. :D

cdr
07-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Oh the top 16 I don't care about, I am glad I didn't make it.
I'll address this here - I have never heard of a tournament that was top 16 anywhere outside of Syracuse. I vaguely recall that some of the unsanctioned T1 tournaments in Syr were top 16, along with last year's Big Arse.

The swiss pairing system Magic tournaments use is based on a top 8 single-elimination cut. The number of rounds is calculated so that anyone with an X-1 or better record will make the T8.

As TeenieBopper noted, all premiere events are run with a T8.

Yeah, it sucks to miss the T8 when you could've made a T16, but you could go on and on further down the line like that forvever. The DCI chose to draw the line at eight, eight people with one loss (and maybe one draw if you're lucky). The cold hard truth is that you didn't do quite well enough to make the final cut.

Not to mention that it adds an entire hour onto the event to the benefit of at most eight people. If I was going to add an hour to the event, I'd rather run another round of swiss and let everybody play.

... and one other minor problem was a kid listening to his headphones during the match. I talked to the judge about it, he let the kid wear them. Then he was taking time out of the match to change the song he was listening to, then readjust the earphones when they fell out... etc. That match went to time in the round, and I feel it could have finished normally without that distraction. So it was minor.

Allowing or disallowing headphones is something that is at my discretion as TO (Section 29 in the UTR). I tend to go with the current general policy, which is to allow them. You see people with them at Pro Tours, Nationals, etc.

If they were interfering with the match, that is something that you should've brought to my attention. I brought this up with you in PM as well, but I can't help with a problem I don't know about.

The only thing that ticked me of a bit was having to switch sleeves, there was a lot of that going around that day.

Welcome to REL3. Having marked sleeves matters.

Everything was standard procedure. If you ever get deckchecked at a PTQ, regionals, Grand Prix, etc and your sleeves are worn, expect to be told to get new ones. If you make the top 8 and your sleeves are worn, expect to be told to get new ones.

For this reason I strongly suggest always using new sleeves at a higher-level event, since they should keep you from having to change at least through the swiss if not through the T8 as well.

I was actually surprised just how many people were unused to having to care about the condition of their sleeves, so I'll keep that in mind for my future tournament announcements.

Finally Re: holo/picture sleeves, there has been a recent general policy shift towards allowing these in tournament play. Players are still responsible for ensuring that their sleeves are not marked. Fancy sleeves are more easily marked than plain ones, and some (especially Ultra Pros) often come marked right out of the package, so use them at your own risk.

FakeSpam
07-17-2005, 11:21 PM
I love how there is only one picture of me in that whole thing.

rock.

EDIT: can we get a :rock: smiley?

Edited By FakeSpam on 1121656897

Di
07-17-2005, 11:24 PM
There is svg red eye in my picture.

I'm surprised I don't see more pictures of my pretty face though, because they were taking them of my all day long :)

Jesus
07-18-2005, 03:26 AM
I happened to be the one who was listening to head phones, the match that went to time was also the survivel of the fittest mirror match. My head phones where not a distraction, so that my friend is a false statement i also found myself in no way was distracted through any of my matchs by my music or headset. I don't recall having to take more then 2seconds to adjust the ear plugs, wich didnt need adjusted more then once. I'm sorry you lost that match but seriously if your going to bitch take it to Maury, i had also never played that deck befor that day. Don't forget that Survivel has alot of choices, if you recall i spore frog locked you for about 10-15minis; or it could have been you sacking your lands to orchish lumberjacks, im not sure you choose.

::FYI:: i got home about 2am got all my stuff toghter for a triathlon i had at 4am and then went to sleep around 3:15, i soon found myself awake at 4am Swimming, riding and running. Yet with 45mins of sleep im still awake.

Mulletus
07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Wow, It's already been reported to the DCI. Wednesday will have some major changes in the top 20 in the cuse for sure. New York State will prolly have a significant shuffle also, but I don't know the ratings of folks envolved.

Jesus
07-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Mulletus i'm not sure what your huge problem is all of a sudden, you claim to be an asshole etc etc.. You suddenly have complaints that should have been brought to the attention of people the day of the event, Either way tell DCI i said hello. You should really chill it is just a game.

Peter_Rotten
07-18-2005, 01:38 PM
When John said "It's been reported to DCI," I assume that he means the tournament results have been reported already. I highly doubt that he means the headphone incident has been reported to DCI.

Anyway, enough already about the goddamned stupid-ass head-phones.

BoTS
07-18-2005, 02:03 PM
They haven't updated my rating to include BAII yet, but I assume it will go down even though I top8'ed.