PDA

View Full Version : Storming to Fourth Place - NLTES at Lotus Event

Bryant Cook
06-13-2010, 09:21 PM
https://theepicstorm.com/play-the-game-win-a-black-lotus-06-12-2010-4th-place/

Vacrix
06-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Nice report sir. I like your updated list a lot. I do have a question though. Why the redundant hate in the board? It seems like you have more BW targets than necessary for dealing with hatebears. I've been testing on and off an SI variant that plays BW into various D7's, after Breathweapon highlighted how god dam broken they are. Diminishing Returns is more of an 'oh shit' button than an engine but both Balance of Power and Recurring Insight have been phenomenal off of a BW/LED.

Bryant Cook
06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks. This is more of a discussion for the thread. But... I've tested recurring insight, I even bought a jap foil one thinking it'd be good. It's not. I never had two mana I didn't care about to throw into insight over Returns. If I had one more I could just get Infernal for Nauseam.

Redundant bear hate? It's necessary to win in today's metagame.

Brad Herbig
06-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice job. Are all the times you play Grapeshot just showboating?

Bryant Cook
06-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice job. Are all the times you play Grapeshot just showboating?

After round one, yes.

Brad Herbig
06-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Nice. It is quite fun.

I've been playing a couple fetches for a little while now, but I do like the extra shuffle effects of 4 fetches. It always annoys me when I can't turn my Brainstorms into recalls.

Piceli89
06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Lol.
I know such a day would have come.
Fetchlands in TES.
You finally realized that they were good, Bryant. We were all waiting for you.

Still, cut 1 of those fucking Chrome Mox.

Mark Sun
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Still, cut 1 of those fucking Chrome Mox.

LOL, I know right? So many times when I've gotten maybe just one Chrome Mox too many.

Anyhow, congrats on the finish Bryant, I'm really tempted to take this list for a spin, looks sleeker, sexier.

alderon666
06-14-2010, 08:50 PM
What makes me cringe at looking at that list is noticing you play a shitty mana base just to play 3 cards (4 counting Grip). Is Chant so good that it's better than Seize + Fetch/Dual mana base?

Other than that, congrats, you're the only one that can do it,

JonBarber
06-14-2010, 09:24 PM
you're the only one that can do it,

The only one that could play such a terrible list. Have fun sitting out the next 6 tournaments =P (I love you)

Bryant Cook
06-14-2010, 11:02 PM
What makes me cringe at looking at that list is noticing you play a shitty mana base just to play 3 cards (4 counting Grip). Is Chant so good that it's better than Seize + Fetch/Dual mana base?

Other than that, congrats, you're the only one that can do it,

Yes.

My manabase isn't that far off of what T.Kowlowith top 8'd Chicago with. I just think badlands is terrible and would rather play cities.

The Pharmacist
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Yes.

My manabase isn't that far off of what T.Kowlowith top 8'd Chicago with. I just think badlands is terrible and would rather play cities.

Yes badlands just sucks when all you want is a blue mana source. Anyways nice job Bryant I alway like playing vs you.