PDA

View Full Version : Pebbles III: Revenge of the Cereal

EssKay
07-08-2010, 02:30 AM
I was digging through my stuff the other day and realized I had a full playset of Goblin Bombardments, which made me nostalgic for some Pebbles. For those that don't know, pebbles was one of the first successful combo decks. The original fruity pebbles splashed blue for counters (FoW, Arcane Denial), and then Coco Pebbles came along and swapped blue for black to use Necropotence to dig for combo pieces. Here I'm trying to ditch the blue component of the original for a more stable manabase and use Silence/Chant for the protection. Could probably stand to drop the ornithopters for something, maybe Canonist MD...

4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Silence
4 Tithe
4 Orim's Chant

4 Enduring Renewal
4 Goblin Bombardment
4 Enlightened Tutor

4 Phyrexian Walker
4 Shield Sphere
4 Ornithopter
2 Academy Rector

4 Arid Mesa
2 Windswept Heath
2 Bloodstained Mire
4 Plateau
7 Plains
1 Mountain

MMogg
07-08-2010, 03:20 AM
You don't need so many :0: cc dudes. Might I suggest more library manipulation. I tried something similar to this, but it was way too inconsistent. Also, definitely up the Rector count to 4. The list I'm currently running on MTGO is roughly as follows:

4 Enduring Renewal
4 Goblin Bombardment
4 Shield Sphere
2 Ornithopter

3 Grim Tutor (paper is too expensive)
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Lim-Dul's Vault

3 Silence
4 Duress

That's off of memory, so the numbers could be off and my manabase... I forget the details. I know I'm running Vivid lands, but that's because it's budget.

Anyway, the main point is that library manipulation is far superior to assembling the combo than protection. There are no Rectors because they aren't on MTGO yet, but even without them, I can consistently set up the combo to go off by turn 4. Lim-Dul's Vault so far has been the MVP.

Master Shake
07-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Wouldn't a deck that has the two win conditions as enchantments want to play Enlightened Tutor or at least Idyllic tutor?

MMogg
07-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Wouldn't a deck that has the two win conditions as enchantments want to play Enlightened Tutor or at least Idyllic tutor?

Are you talking to me? His does, and mine doesn't because of budget. :smile: I wasn't implying he follow my deck list, which is why it is so sketchy, but that he consider rebuilding it with more blue and more library manipulation. Certainly I would play ET if I had them (they're $10 each on MTGO... nuts).

EssKay
07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah I actually thought of going with just four Shield Sphere and running Ranger of Eos to fetch them, but the 4cc slot is full enough as it is. My initial list has 12 just because they make good chump blockers, and I'd like to be using the tutors to find the enchantments if possible.

Jables237
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Tinker Mage can find the shield spheres and its only 3, and I agree E tutor is a must if you have them it will only make the deck better