PDA

View Full Version : [Videos]: MTG BARATO (138 players - Valencia 3/4 July 2010)

piZZero
07-15-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm opening this post to let you guys know that starting tomorrow Eternal Central (http://www.eternal-central.com/) will release the videos from the Top8 MTG BARATO Legacy tournament in Valencia (138 players).

While you wait until tomorrow, you can watch this other video from the same tournament:

[Video]: MTG Barato (Legacy) CAB Jace VS GW Beats (POV Jaime Cano with CAB Jace) (http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=209)

I haven't done as much editing as on my previous videos. This is due to the small amount of free time I can enjoy and the huge amount of videos that were recorded ;) My idea is to release a video per day, so stay tunned!

Cheers,

piZZero - Jordi Amat

johanessen
07-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Jordi, this video is not compatible with Iphone, while the others are. Can you fix that?

Thanks

piZZero
07-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Jordi, this video is not compatible with Iphone, while the others are. Can you fix that?

Thanks

What's the error that gives you?

It's kinda weird, as it's been recorded the same way, edited the same way and uploaded the same way as the others. Have you tried browsing it through the YouTube App or you did straight from the EC website?

Anyone else having problems watching this specific video?

BTW, new video added to the site: [Video]: MTG Barato (Legacy) – Guillem Ragull VS Hugo López Top8 G1 (http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=259)

royal
07-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Thank you very much for these videos!!

Btw: Do you have the decklists of these two players?

sauce
07-16-2010, 09:56 AM
i love how it has music in the background... great videos, keep them coming.

Frid
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
The countertop player seems to have a swords to plowshares in every crucial moment... Nice.
Just waiting for the other videos, great job.

piZZero
07-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Hugo, the countertop player, had a series of key drawings that made the win impossible for the goblin player.

I went out yersterday, so I couldn't use the time for editting. Next video will be published tonight/tomorrow morning though.

ˇGlad you like the videos!

PS: You can find the decklists in another post at Eternal Central ;)

jeanbathez
07-17-2010, 05:22 AM
I like the videos very much, thank you !!!

I must admit i like the sound of magic cards like shuffeling an so on, or the players speaking...but music is also o.k..;-)

piZZero
07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
The game 2 is up!

[Video]: MTG Barato (Legacy) – Guillem Ragull VS Hugo López Top8 G2 (http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=265)

Hope you guys enjoy it :) More videos coming soon!

Cheers,

piZZero - Jordi Amat

sauce
07-17-2010, 08:36 PM
whats the kotai song in the last video called?

piZZero
07-18-2010, 01:35 AM
"Sucker DJ"

piZZero
07-18-2010, 04:17 PM
[Video]: MTG Barato (Legacy) – Antonio Romero VS Hugo López Top4 G1 (http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=275)

Since lot of people is asking me about the songs, and they don't have enough with the group name ;), I'm adding the song and album at the credits in the end.

sauce
07-18-2010, 06:52 PM
awesome man, keep uploading, great job.

that cb pilot is good

dan who?
07-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Love the videos. I actually look forward to the next ones. Great quality and I like the music during the playing.

Kesta
07-19-2010, 06:37 AM
videos are great!

Did you record some game with David Gomez's Survival deck? coz it looks so weird and kick ass ;) I'm a big fan of his deck and the results he get with.

piZZero
07-19-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm sorry but I didn't get to record any videos from David's quarterfinal.

If i meet him in another event (he's from Barcelona and plays the LCL and LLBL tournaments), and he's playing the same deck, I'll record a match.

Thanks for everybody's compliments!

There's lot more videos to come!

Cheers,

piZZero - Jordi Amat

mossivo1986
07-19-2010, 10:01 AM
The land in game 1 that gets hit by wasteland # 2 "isnt that dustbowl?" Its not in his list.

piZZero
07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
[Video]: MTG Barato (Legacy) – Antonio Romero VS Hugo López Top4 G2 (http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=279)

BTW, the music in this video doesn't match the one that says in the credits (that happens often when I change the music at the very end and I forget to change the credits xD).

Music is by Passion Pit. Song: Sleepyhead. Album: Chunk of Change (EP)

jeanbathez
07-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Sadly i can't watch this video. ([Video]: MTG Barato (Legacy) – Antonio Romero VS Hugo López Top4 G2)
(I'am able to watch game 1)

Something like this video contains content from sony music entertainent, its not available in your country (germany).

Do you know what happened ?

Thank you very much.

piZZero
07-20-2010, 03:32 AM
I have no clue, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the music. Kinda weird that, in a country like Germany, YouTube videos containing music from Sony Music Entertainment get banned. Any other german having the same problems?

Irenicus
07-20-2010, 06:02 AM
I have no clue, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the music. Kinda weird that, in a country like German y, YouTube videos containing music from Sony Music Entertainment get banned. Any other german having the same problems?

I have the same problem. Could you upload the video without the music? Thank you anyway for these videos!

piZZero
07-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll upload it to another service. I'll keep you updated!

jeanbathez
07-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll upload it to another service. I'll keep you updated!

That would be very nice !!! Thank you for all that work...
Still not knowing who wins game 2 ......:-)

piZZero
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Btw, I was editing the G3 and then I realized of couple things:

1- The video starts late and is missing first couple of minutes (I went to toilet and forgot to press REC xD).
2- Hugo, after few minutes has to run to toilet because he was feeling very sick. There was a big break in there and I decided to not record the game in the end.

BUT, i did wrote down every play they made during their games. If you want I can correct my notes and publish them.

There's no video from the final because they never played it. There's more Legacy videos from the event, but I'll probably publish them after the Vintage Top8 videos. (U know, I gotta be a bit like Salomon here, else the Vintage fans will shout out loud!)

piZZero
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
For those who can't see the G2, I've uploaded it to Vimeo, try here:

http://www.vimeo.com/13494082

Irenicus
07-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Thank you very much!

jeanbathez
07-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Thank you very much !!! Sadly it was a short game ;-)

@Notes that would be nice, if it isn't too much work for you ?

@other videos : I can wait for the rest of the legacy videos until you publish the vintage videos Salomon ;-)

sauce
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Post some more!

Frid
07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
BUT, i did wrote down every play they made during their games. If you want I can correct my notes and publish them.

This would be very nice if you don't have the video, don't you mind doing it?
Thanks!

piZZero
07-22-2010, 11:49 AM
I'll probably post it tonight, once I get home from work :P

Frid
07-24-2010, 07:27 AM
We are still waiting for those play-by-play notes from g3 piZZero!

Yochanan
07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Really appreciate these videos! glad to see some landstill in action.

piZZero
07-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Hop you guys enjoy it!

Game 3: Hugo López VS Antonio Romero PLAY BY PLAY

Hugo mulligans to 6. Antonio Keeps.

T1: Hugo plays Tropical Island and casts noble Hierarch.
T1: Antonio plays Wooded Foothills and sacs it for Plateau. Antonio casts Grim Lavamancer.
T2: Hugo plays Misty Rainforest and casts Counterbalance.
T2: Antonio plays Savannah and plays Wild Nacatl. Hugo in response sacs Misty for Island and plays Brainstorm. Counterbalance shows Swords to Plowshares. Antonio uses lavamancer to kill Noble Hierarch. Antonio passes.
T3: Hugo plays plains and casts Rhox War Monk.
T3: Antonio plays Taiga and casts Choke. Hugo blindly shows with Counterbalance a Krosan Grip.
T4: Hugo plays Windswept Heath and attacks with Rhox War Monk.
T4 Antonio casts Tarmogoyf and Hugo reveals Sensei Divining Top with Counterbalance. Tarmogoyf resolves.
T5: Antonio after Hugo's draw casts Path to Exile (targeting Rhox War Monk). Hugo reveals with Counterbalance another Rhox War Monk. Hugo searches for a basic forest. Hugo casts Sensei's Divining Top and uses the looking ability. Hugo passes.
T5: Antonio attacks with Tarmogoyf (H18 A16). Antonio casts Qasali Pridemage. Hugo in response sacs Windswept Heath for Dryad Arbor and uses Sensei's Divining Top (with Tropical). He reveals a Counterbalance with Counterbalance and Qasali Pridemage heads to Antonio's graveyard.
T6: Hugo uses SDT in his upkeep. Hugo casts Brainstorm on his main phase. Hugo attacks with Dryad Arbor. Hugo passes.
T6: Antonio attacks with Tarmogoyf (A15 H13). Antonio casts Lightning Bolt on Dryad Arbor. Hugo uses SDT's looking ability and lets Lightning Bolt resolve.
T7: Hugo plays Misty Rainforest and passes.
T7: Antonio attacks with Tarmogoyf (H8 A 15). Antonio passes turn. Hugo EOT looks with SDT and then he sacs Misty Rainforest for Tropical Island and he looks again with SDT.
T8: Hugo plays Tundra and casts Noble Hierarch.
T8: Antonio attacks with Tarmogoyf (H2 A15). Antonio casts Pithing Needle. Hugo in response looks with SDT and then draws using SDT ability. Hugo shows SDT with Counterbalance. Antonio casts Lightning Helix and Hugo Force of Will!!!
T9: Hugo casts SDT and passes.
T9: Antonio attacks with Tarmogoyf and Hugo blocks with Noble Hierarch, adding 1 mana to look with SDT. Antonio passes.
T10: Hugo casts Swords to Plowshares on Tarmogoyf. In response Antonio casts Lighting Helix. Hugo looks with SDT and shows Counterbalance with Counterbalance. (H2 A20)
T10: Antonio plays Wooded and passes turn. Hugo Looks with top EOT.
T11: Hugo plays Island and passes turn. EOT Antonio sacs Wooded Foothills for Plateau.
T11: Antonio plays Grim Lavamancer. Hugo in response looks with SDT and reveals Brainstorm to Counterbalance. Antonio passes and Hugo looks with SDT during the EOT.
T12: Hugo plays Brainstorm and passes turn.
T12: Antonio casts Wild Nacatl. Hugo in response looks with SDT and shows Brainstorm to Counterbalance. Antonio passes and Hugo looks with SDT during the EOT.
T13: Hugo plays Windswept Heath and passes.
T13: Antonio plays Taiga. Antonio passes and Hugo looks with SDT during the EOT.
T14: Hugo plays Rhox War Monk and passes.
T14: Antonio passes turn. Hugo uses SDT EOT.
T15: Hugo attacks. Antonio casts Wind Shards in response. Hugo uses SDT in response. Rhox War Monk DIES!
T16: Antonio passes turn. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T17: Hugo passes.
T17: Antonio plays Plains and passes. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T18: Hugo plays Tundra and casts Brainstorm. Hugo passes.
T18: Antonio passes. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T19: Hugo passes.
T19: Antonio plays Arid Mesa and passes. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T20: Hugo plays Rhox War Monk and passes. EOT Antonio sacs Arid mesa for Taiga.
T20: Antonio plays Horizon Canopy and sacs it to draw. Antonio passes. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T21: Hugo plays Flooded Strand and attacks with Rhox War Monk (H5 A15) Hugo passes.
T21: Antonio Plays Wooded Foothills and sacs it for Mountain. Antonio plays Red Elemental Blast targeting Counterbalance. Hugo looks with SDT in response and shows Swords to Plowshares with Counterbalance. Antonio casts Sylvan Library. Hugo uses SDT again and shows Counterbalance with Counterbalance. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T22: Hugo attacks with Rhox War Monk (H8 A11). Hugo passes.
T22: Antonio plays Arid Mesa and passes. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T23: Hugo plays a second Sensei's Divining Top and attacks with Rhox War Monk (H11 A8). Hugo passes.
T23: Antonio passes turn. Hugo uses SDT EOT
T24: Hugo attacks (H14 A5). Hugo casts Tarmogoyf and passes turn.
T24: Antonio casts Choke and Hugo shows Krosan Grip to Counterbalance. Antonio casts Pithing Needle. Hugo uses SDT in response and taps 1 SDT to draw, in response Antonio casts Pyroblast to Counterbalance and Hugo draws with 2nd SDT. Hugo reveals SDT with Counterbalance for Pyroblast, then reveals SDT to Pithing Needle. Antonio casts Tarmogoyf. Hugo responses with Force of Will. Antonio scoops and Hugo moves into the Final!

Frid
07-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Regarding turn 3, you say the countertop player blindly reveals a krosan grip, but he had played a brainstorm the turn before right? So, he knew what was there if I'm not wrong. By the way, he sideboarded krosan grip against zoo, and probably won the round because of that! Interesting...
Thank you so much for this!