PDA

View Full Version : [Casual] Revisiting Replenish-Opalescence

OurSerratedDust
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Way back when, I bought the World Champion Standard deck for Tom van de Logt's "Replenish" deck. It was a blast to play, with a ton of synergy throughout. Take a look:

(25) Lands
9 Island
8 Plains
4 Adakar Wastes
4 Rishadan Port

(35) Other
4 Attunement
3 Counterspell
1 Energy Field
3 Enlightened Tutor
4 Frantic Search
1 Mystical Tutor
4 Opalescence
3 Parallax Tide
4 Parallax Wave
4 Replenish
1 Seal of Cleansing
1 Seal of Removal
1 Sky Diamond
1 Wrath of God
(15) Sideboard
1 Chill
1 Circle of Protection: Black
1 Cursed Totem
2 Daze
3 Erase
2 Lilting Refrain
1 Seal of Cleansing
2 Submerge
2 Wrath of God

It has been a very long time since Urza's was in standard, so I'm trying to figure out some new cards to run in a newer, more optimal version of this deck. Keep in mind this isn't enchantress, and is just a fun casual deck. I'm thinking about adding Oblivion Ring, or perhaps Runed Halo or Story Circle. Plus, I love the crazy tricks you can do with Opalescence, Parallax Wave and Parallax Tide.

So, I need some ideas to make this work. Any combo's, synergies, sample decklists will be appreciated. I'll be updating this thread with a sample list when I get time. Thanks for your help!

Mystical_Jackass
08-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Awesome. A few months ago I made a version of this deck. Some ideas that I used that might help...

4x Breakthrough
2x Decree of Silence (8/8 Beater with 3 counters is just so badass)
4x Parallax Nexus (stall card, removes their hand. Board it out against fast aggro if needed)
4x Ghostly Prison/Propaganda (loaded up with like six of these guys lol, good 2-drop before I setup draw)

4x City of Brass
4x Gemstone Mine
2x Ancient Tomb
4x City of Traitors

SB:
4x Ground Seal
4x Leyline the Void