PDA

View Full Version : [EDH]Lin Sivvi, aka mother Superior

(nameless one)
08-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Alright guys,

My store recently started playing EDH again. For the last two Thursdays of the month, we are planning to do a king of a the ring EDH tournament (essentially a 8-player FFA EDH)

I have always been facinated with Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, and shes my favourite general of all.

I was looking for my old post but the search engine does not seem to cooperate with me.

Anyways, heres my updated one:

General: Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero

Lands:
20 Snow-Covered Plains
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Dust Bowl
1 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Kor Haven
1 Miren, the Moaning Well
1 Mistveil Plains
1 Mouth of Ronom
1 Mystifying Maze
1 Scrying Sheets
1 Temple of the False God
1 Thawing Glaciers
1 Vesuva

Rebels:
1 Bound in Silence
1 Changeling Hero
1 Children of Korlis
1 Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
1 Defiant Falcon
1 Defiant Vanguard
1 Lawbringer
1 Lightbringer
1 Mirror Entity
1 Outrider en-Kor
1 Rappelling Scout
1 Task Force
1 Whipcorder
1 Zealot il-Vec

Utility Creatures:
1 Felidar Sovereign
1 Stoneforge Mystic
1 Stonehewer Giant
1 Sun Titan
1 Weathered Wayfarer

Board Sweeper:
1 Day of Judgment
1 Divine Reckoning
1 Hallowed Burial
1 Kirtar's Wrath
1 Martial Coup
1 Phyrexian Rebirth
1 Terminus
1 Wrath of God

Equipments:
1 Champion's Helm
1 Darksteel Plate
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Pariah's Shield
1 Quietus Spike
1 Skullclamp
1 Swiftfoot Boots
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Sword of Fire and Ice

Spot Removal:
1 Aura of Silence
1 Condemn
1 Disenchant
1 Faith's Fetters
1 Oblation
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Path to Exile
1 Ray of Distortion
1 Return to Dust
1 Swords to Plowshares

Manipulation/Tutors:
1 Crystal Ball
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Expedition Map
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Land Tax
1 Scroll Rack
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Steelshaper's Gift

Mana Rampers:
1 Extraplanar Lens
1 Sol Ring
1 Thran Dynamo

Utility Permanents/Combo Pieces:
1 Animal Boneyard
1 Damping Engine
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 Martyr's Bond
1 Mimic Vat
1 Test of Endurance
1 Thousand-Year Elixir

The deck essentially has mini-combos and synergies around it that are based from mono-white decks, old and new.

The deck itself is based from Rebels from Masque block.

I have Life.dec combo that are fetchable via Lin Sivvi.

I have elements of Quinn (Tutorable 'answers' and Snow-land engine)

I have elements of Parfait (Tax-Rack/Thawing Glaciers/SDT)

I have elements from the old Crazy-88 deck (Skullclamp + reccurable creature/token fodder)

There are other synergies such as protection fliers with Sword of X/Y.

Zealot il-Vec with a couple of equipments such as Basilisk Collar and Quietus Spike.

There are a lot more synergies in the deck but I am not going to go on details right now about them.

The thing is if there are other iffy cards in the deck or any suggestions to make the deck better, especially on a FFA multiplayer game, feel free to add.

Thanks for your time!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanations:

Life Combo Aspect

I would just assemble that combo if I have the following in my hand:
-Condemn/Animal Boneyard+Felidar Sovereign/Test of Endurance/(or an active Ajani Goldmane

-If those pieces are safe, I would use Lin Sivvi to assemble Outrider en-Kor and Task Force. With that 'pinging' loop, I can then sacrifice Task Force to Condemn or Animal Boneyard, gaining me tons of life. then Felidar Sovereign or Test of Endurance hopefully triggers for the win. If not, use the Ajani avatar token to go to town.

Quinn Aspect

For the longest time, I loved mono-white control. Quinn has this Enlightened Tutor aspect. Though I am only running two functional versions (E-Tutor and Idyllic Tutor) and a pseudo-version (Steelshaper's Gift), I still think that they can grab relevant pieces.

Stoneblade Aspect

I can only run one Stoneforge Mystic but its not a reason why not to abuse her. Also, Stonehewer Giant is a great back up (and Steelshaper's Gift).

Parfait Aspect

If you're behind the land count, Land Tax is awesome. If you have a chaff hand, Scroll Rack is awesome. If you meet both criteria and have both in the field, you have an Ancestral Recall. Its also a great way to find anything from answers to combo pieces.

Crazy-88 Aspect

For those who are not aware of this archetype, back before the Type 1-1.5 split, Skullclamp used to be legal in what we know now as Legacy. When paired with Mobilization, it can draw you a lot of cards for little investment. Skullclamp has been banned from the format but that won't stop me from playing it in EDH. In this version, Skullclamp paired with Elspeth, Knight-Errant seems like the way to go. Also Lin Sivvi + Children of Korlis recursion isn't that bad when it comes to Clamp fodder.

Other Janky Things:

I have pulled off a Mirror Entity + Inkmoth Nexus poison kill with the deck

Zealot il-Vec or any evasion rebels + Quietus Spike is awesome. Not to mention that Quietus Spike turns Zealot into a sniper.

I have held off aggro attacks with Lin Sivvi + Children of Korlis recursion. Kinda like the Spore Frog+Genesis tech from the old old Survival lists. Also with Martyr's Bond, you can turn this engine into a Staxx-like engine.

*****I have removed the Equipoise+Sands of Time combo as they never really worked out for me in multiplayer games*****

Pastorofmuppets
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Serra Ascendant

TestMonkey
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
You forgot Ramosian Sergeant. The most effecient Rebel ever. Also Reveille Squad could be nice. Nice reason for enemies not to attack you.

(nameless one)
08-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Serra Ascendant

I like Serra Ascedant but it feels like a early magnet for hate and I dont really know what to remove for him. I am looking for more utility than linear creature. I will still consider it if I ever turn the deck into a 1v1 deck.

You forgot Ramosian Sergeant. The most effecient Rebel ever. Also Reveille Squad could be nice. Nice reason for enemies not to attack you.

I never liked Ramosian Sergeant here. Yes, he is the most effecient Rebel out there but keep in mind that I will only be running a single copy of it and after hes online, the only other fetchable rebels in the list are Children of Korlis and Whipcorder.

However, I actually like Reveille Squad. I will look that up. Possibly replace Changeling Hero (since hes underwhelming for the most part)

I might also replace Shield Dancer with Ballista Squad because of its synergy with Basilisk Collar.

94teen
08-05-2010, 04:46 PM
If you're already running Thawing Glaciers and Scrying Sheets, Deserted Temple seems like it's worth a slot to get double uses out of them. It's a great way to thin your deck of lands/make sure you draw gas in the late game.

I know if I were playing mono white, I'd be tempted to add Yosei, the Morning Star to go with Emeria, and add some land-based sac outlets like Miren, the Moaning Well. I'd also want to add Ranger of Eos to tutor up my weathered wayfarer/other utility one drops. It seems like it's really hard to generate card advantage in mono white, so I'd be looking for as many ways to do it as possible.

(nameless one)
08-06-2010, 12:01 AM
If you're already running Thawing Glaciers and Scrying Sheets, Deserted Temple seems like it's worth a slot to get double uses out of them. It's a great way to thin your deck of lands/make sure you draw gas in the late game.

I know if I were playing mono white, I'd be tempted to add Yosei, the Morning Star to go with Emeria, and add some land-based sac outlets like Miren, the Moaning Well. I'd also want to add Ranger of Eos to tutor up my weathered wayfarer/other utility one drops. It seems like it's really hard to generate card advantage in mono white, so I'd be looking for as many ways to do it as possible.

I like the idea of Deserted Temple, so I can use my utility lands twice a turn. But if I add this card, my main concern now is that my basic land count is getting diluted.

If I were to gear the deck on a 1v1 level then I will consider Yosei, the Morning Star. It feels too much that Yosei attracts hate against a player which might have an ally on the table. Most of these King of the Ring games involves politics.

I dont really like Ranger of Eos on this deck because I only have two one drops: Weathered Wayfarer and Children of Korlis. Weathered Wayfarer isnt really an integral part of the deck and Children of Korlis can be fetchable (and even recured) by the general.

On the other note, I might replace Secluded Steppe with Mystifying Maze as that card has more synergy with the deck than the formentioned land.

94teen
08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I can understand you not wanting to run Yosei/Ranger. That's just my personal preference. With your non-basics ramping you up/generating card advantage for you, I feel like having an active Wayfarer gives you a much more solid late game, even if only by ensuring that you hit land drops and thinning your deck of land.

Yosei is a little tricker. It seems like your end goal is to wrap up the game by locking the opponents out with Sands of Time/Equipoise (though I may not be understanding exactly how this combo works). At that point, why not use Yosei just to lock up the game further? Could that lead to buiding this more like a Stax deck? Using Lin Sivvi as a way to recycle creatures and keep guys on the table while other players have to sac their boards?

Lastly, I just want to point out; Adding Mystifying Maze makes Deserted Temple even better. You'll still have a ~20% chance to hit a basic on a blind flip, which isn't the worst. Add in library manipulation like Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack and it seems like that shouldn't be a problem at al, especially since you're able to tutor those up.

(nameless one)
08-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I can understand you not wanting to run Yosei/Ranger. That's just my personal preference. With your non-basics ramping you up/generating card advantage for you, I feel like having an active Wayfarer gives you a much more solid late game, even if only by ensuring that you hit land drops and thinning your deck of land.

Yosei is a little tricker. It seems like your end goal is to wrap up the game by locking the opponents out with Sands of Time/Equipoise (though I may not be understanding exactly how this combo works). At that point, why not use Yosei just to lock up the game further? Could that lead to buiding this more like a Stax deck? Using Lin Sivvi as a way to recycle creatures and keep guys on the table while other players have to sac their boards?

Lastly, I just want to point out; Adding Mystifying Maze makes Deserted Temple even better. You'll still have a ~20% chance to hit a basic on a blind flip, which isn't the worst. Add in library manipulation like Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack and it seems like that shouldn't be a problem at al, especially since you're able to tutor those up.

Weathered Wayfarer is also good in fetching lands needed in particular situation, or even for the combo.

Essentially, Sands of Time/Equipoise combo is like a Balance on a stick (The permanents that phases out from Equipoise do not phase back in because Sands of Time skips the untap phase, the phase were permanents phase back in). I like it because the pieces by themselves are good in a multiplayer environment. I dont like Stax-like decks (hence no World Queller) because you become magnet to hate on a multiplayer game.

I am still debating on Deserted Temple. I like it, I might even replaced the 21st Plains with it.

(nameless one)
10-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Sorry for the doublepost but I needed to update.

I dont play enough EDH to make big changes to the deck but I am going to be joining an EDH king-of-the-ring League this November.

One of my main concern is that I dont have an actual token producer to have my Crazy 88 draw engine to work. For the most part, i'd be using Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero to recur Children of Korlis and equip it with Skullclamp. I was making another simple way to utilize Skullclamp. Possibly running Elspeth, Knigh-Errant.

The dilemma now is I am not sure what to remove. Right now, I am contemplating on switching either Eternal Dragon or Loxodon Warhammer.

Eternal Dragon has been subpar in my testing. The most that I've got from him is always plaincycle. I never really had a chance to recur him even with enough mana because I would rather utilize my mana on my rebel engine. Maybe I have been playing him wrong. I could use him to try to weed out all my plains out of my library but I already have enough deck manipulation for that.

Loxodon Warhammer seems like an overkill when it comes to equipments. I already have a great plethora of useful equipments (And I am trying to get a hold of Sword of Light and Shadow because I think it has better utility) The only thing I like about it is the lifelink part as it gives me an alternative to reach my pseudo Life.dec win but even then, I am quite unsure about it.

So which would be better to boot out so I can include Elspeth?

Also, I will check for tools that I can use from Scars of Mirrodin to try to keep this deck update. Any suggestion from that set?

Thanks

Ubiquitous Druid
10-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Jhovall Queen

Rebel's biggest beatstick. Scary with equipment.

(nameless one)
10-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Jhovall Queen is alright but I found that other EDH decks would pack bigger beatsticks. That said, I think utility is the way to go.

I might switch Eternal Dragon with Elspeth, KE and Loxodon Warhammer with True Conviction. I also like running other equipments out of SoM and Mimic Vat. I'll post whatever changes I'll apply.

Sturtzilla
12-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey All,

This might be a bit outlandish but what you think of Big Game Hunter. I think another piece of tutorable removal would be legit in the deck even if he is out of the normal color of the deck. Some sort of low end color fixing could be done with the land and artifacts to allow the production of other colors and the potential to draw more cards. Cards like Coalition Relic or Chromatic Sphere or even Springleaf Drum could allow this. Thoughts?

(nameless one)
12-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey All,

This might be a bit outlandish but what you think of Big Game Hunter. I think another piece of tutorable removal would be legit in the deck even if he is out of the normal color of the deck. Some sort of low end color fixing could be done with the land and artifacts to allow the production of other colors and the potential to draw more cards. Cards like Coalition Relic or Chromatic Sphere or even Springleaf Drum could allow this. Thoughts?

You cant use Big Game Hunter because he is Black. The deck's "color identity" is white (see Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero).

Sturtzilla
12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey,

Thanks. The color identity rule slipped my mind. I am just starting to play EDH so noob mistake, my bad. How about charging up the Coalition Relic for increased or consistent tutoring with the general or other rebels? Or while we are at it what do you think of Springleaf Drum it would allow for quickened mana production? Being able to tap newly tutored rebels for mana as soon as they hit the battlefield could allow for more plays and give the deck more speed. Just a thought.

Damnosus
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
If you want tutorable removal, then Crib Swap would probably be your best bet (especially as it is reusable with Lin Sivvi, and it can kill indestructible creatures like Ulamog).

Also, Reveillark looks pretty awesome in your deck considering so many of your creatures are small utility guys. Remember, you can't totally rely on Sivvi as one Hinder and she is gone for a while.

You also don't have much in the way of absolute bombs. Nothing in your deck jumps out as being game winning. I would suggest you definitely run Elspeth, Knight Errant, Sun Titan, and possibly something like Baneslayer Angel or Akroma, Angel of Wrath.

I think you are playing way too many pieces of equipment. You currently have 21 creatures (two of which tutor for the equipment, and five of which will be in your yard rather often), 9 pieces of equipment, and 6 sweepers. Not the greatest combination. I would remove Jitte (just not as good in this format-less creatures that are that small/more token generators which stay ahead of it), Warhammer (good but not great), and Pariah Shield (you have a bunch of life gain, which makes this less useful/you don't have any indestructible creatures).

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Wow, just noticed how old this thread is. My apologies if my advice is completely irrelevant at this point.

Sturtzilla
01-01-2011, 01:06 PM
If you want tutorable removal, then Crib Swap would probably be your best bet (especially as it is reusable with Lin Sivvi, and it can kill indestructible creatures like Ulamog).

This does not work. The Oracle text on Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero states that the card you tutor into play must be a permanent. You would be able to have Crib Swap shuffled back into your library once used however.

I do agree on your assertion on using more bombs.

TestMonkey
02-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Thought it's time bump this thread. I've been playing Lin Sivvi in my EDH league since the beginning of the year and thought I'd share my tech and reach out to see if there is any tech anyone would like to share. Besieged only adds three cards for me but what three cards they are.

Phyrexian Rebirth - Another wrath effect. The potential big body makes up for being able to regenerate through it.
Bonehoard - Late game this thing is a bomb. Equip it to the Nexus and swing for lethal once a turn.
Inkmoth Nexus - Unwrathable flying poison creature? Sign me up. Really flexes its muscles when paired with Mirror Entity or carrying equipment.

Here's what I'm currently running. I streamlined the deck to be competitive in an environment in which blue decks and combo run rampant.

Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero

Aven Mindcensor
Children of Korlis
Defiant Vanguard
Felidar Sovereign
Lawbringer
Lightbringer
Mirror Entity
Nightwind Glider
Outrider en-Kor
Ramosian Captain
Reveille Squad
Serra Ascendant
Stonecloaker
Stoneforge Mystic
Stonehewer Giant
Sun Titan
Task Force
Thermal Glider
Weathered Wayfarer
Whipcorder
Zealot il-Vec

Austere Command
Condemn
Enlightened Tutor
Hallowed Burial
Hour of Reckoning
Idyllic Tutor
Kirtar's Wrath
Martial Coup
Oblation
Path to Exile
Phyrexian Rebirth
Return to Dust
Revoke Existence
Saltblast
Steelshaper's Gift
Swords to Plowshares
Wrath of God

Animal Boneyard
Aura of Silence
Bound in Silence
Equipoise
Land Tax
Marshal's Anthem
Oblivion Ring
Test of Endurance
True Conviction

Bonehoard
Brittle Effigy
Crucible of Worlds
Crystal Ball
Elixir of Immortality
Everflowing Chalice
Expedition Map
Extraplanar Lens
Grafted Exoskeleton
Lightning Greaves
Sands of Time
Scroll Rack
Sensei's Divining Top
Skullclamp
Sol Ring
Sword of Fire and Ice
Thran Dynamo

Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Ancient Tomb
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Flagstones of Trokair
Inkmoth Nexus
Kor Haven
Marsh Flats
Miren, the Moaning Well
Mistveil Plains
Mouth of Ronom
Scrying Sheets
21 Snow-Covered Plains
Strip Mine
Vesuva

(nameless one)
08-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I just edited my opening post. Here were the changes:

-1 Loxodon Warhammer
-1 Sword of Vengeance
-1 Elixir of Immortality
-1 Austere Command

+1 Sun Titan
+1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
+1 Sword of Body and Mind
+1 Inkmoth Nexus

I am also contemplating on running Sword of Feast and Famine and Swiftfoot Boots (removing Jitte and Basilisk Collar).

For the Sands of Time and Equipoise slots, I've actually been swapping them with Karn Liberated+Barren Glory or Stuffy Doll+Guilty Conscience, depending on the playgroup and what I'm feeling.

Outside of Karn and Swiftfoot Boots, I haven't really added anything from New Phyrexia and M12 (even Mirrodin Besieged)

Grillo
08-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Good to see you updating your list.

I've recently started playing EDH. I have a small play group and we get together every week.
I'm playing Lin Sivvi at the moment because I like white decks since ever. I used to play WW when exodus came out, and I also played counter-rebels back in the day.

I have a semi standard EDH Rebels list with many staples and some of the usual mini combos.
One thing I always have problems with is keeping Lin Sivvi on the board. So tonight I'm trying Lightning Greaves + Swiftfoot Boots (along with Stoneforge Mystic and Stonehewer Giant).

I'll post my comments during the weekend.

On another note. What do you think about the Endless Horizons + Goblin Charbelcher combo?

(nameless one)
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
You can also use Changeling Hero to protect Sivvi against board removal.

I think Horizon+Belcher isn't as good because once Horizon gets nerfed before you can get your combo online, you won't be able to grab your lands back.

Grillo
08-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I played my Lin Sivvi deck this weekend.
This is a good, fair deck. Really fun to play.

I tried the Lightning Greaves + Swiftfoot Boots and I think they are the way to go. They work really well in a deck with combo pieces that are creatures.

I also tried Mimic Vat and it's awesome. I imprinted Archon of Justice and it ruled. It's a must deal with card when you have utility creatures.

The only complaint I have is that I think that actually winning the game is quite hard with this deck. I have to find a more consistent way of winning.

This is my list at the moment:

General
-------
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero

23 creatures
------------
Children of Korlis
Weathered Wayfarer
Stoneforge Mystic
Whipcorder
Defiant Falcon
Amrou Scout
Outrider en-Kor
Lawbringer
Lightbringer
Task Force
Defiant Vanguard
Mirror Entity
Nightwind Glider
Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
Academy Rector
Changeling Hero
Archon of Justice
Karmic Guide
Stonehewer Giant
Stuffy Doll
Reveillark
Sun Titan
Eternal Dragon

16 Artifacts
------------
Mana Crypt
Sol Ring
Expedition Map
Skullclamp
Sensei's Divining Top
Swiftfoot Boots
Lightning Greaves
Scroll Rack
Mind Stone
Mimic Vat
Quietus Spike
Nevinirral's Disk
Thran Dynamo
Goblin Charbelcher
Gauntlet of Power
Pariah's Shield

11 Enchantments
---------------
Guilty Conscience
Land Tax
Seal of Cleansing
Journey to Nowwhere
Oblivion Ring
Arrest
Pariah
Animal Boneyard
Bound in Silence
Endless Horizons
Test of Endurance

7 Instants
----------
Tithe
Condemn
Enlightened Tutor
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Reprisal
Return to Dust

7 Sorcerys
----------
Idilic Tutor
Path of Peace
Wrath of God
Hallowed Burial
Three Dreams
Austere Command
Catastrophe

35 Lands
--------
Strip Mine
Dust Bowl
Miren, the Moaning Well
Kjeldoran Outpost
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Kor Haven
Ancient Tomb
28 Plains

(nameless one)
04-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I was on my EDH mode again and I wanted to trim some fat off of my list. Summer is coming and there's gonna be tons of EDH at the local store. With Legacy unfortunately dying around the area, why not right?

So far, I am missing 6 cards off of my list. Any good suggestions? I was thinking of just adding more lands. In a mana-hungry deck, I am not sure whether running 35 lands is enough. maybe up it to 40?

I like Mimic Vat + dying creature tech. I'll try to test that out.

Other than that, any suggestions?

Aggro_zombies
04-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Sol Ring, Dynamo, and Lens do not seem like enough artifact ramp, especially when you're mana-hungry. Tooth of Ramos, Marble Diamond, Gilded Lotus, and Coldsteel Heart all produce white while Worn Powerstone, Mana Vault, and Grim Monolith produce multiple colorless. Most of those should be easy to find. I can see not wanting to run Caged Sun/Gauntlet of Power because of Skullclamp, but your guys really suck at attacking or blocking when they're not equipped.

(nameless one)
04-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I didn't want to rely on artifact mana because they're easier to screw. I am quite happy with the land quite. The deck is kinda slow but I have ways to deal with early threats.

As for the last six, here's what I added:

Champion's Helm = another means to protect Lin Sivvi

Swiftfoot Boots = Lightning Greaves # 2

Mimic Vat = I have a lot of dying creatures that are awesome to have back such as Children of Korlis, the Rebel Bringers and whatever useful creatures that die on my opponent's side. Why not abuse it?

Martyr's Bond = Its essentially a shield to against haters. It can also be abused with sacrifice/dying rebels and whatever disposable permanents that I have.

Nevermore = Arguably the weakest card in the 99, but its a good way to preemptively stop douche generals from ever touching the field.

Sun Titan = Its just a house.

(nameless one)
01-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Sivvi just got a new toy:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=138227&d=1356931036

Definitely makes the "combo" element faster.

I haven't played EDH in a while but I am making a comeback this year. Updates will be made and suggestions are welcome again.

boneclub24
01-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I plan on making Sivvi. Your list is a good place for me to start, thanks!

If you haven't added it yet, Terminus is basically a must-include here.

(nameless one)
01-03-2013, 11:17 PM
I have edited the opening post.

Also, I want to add Damping Engine to hamper Ramp and Token strategies but not sure what to remove.

Any suggestions are also welcome.

boneclub24
01-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Maybe try Banishing Stroke over Ray of Distortion? It doesn't come back, but it has much more things it can get rid of, and even tucks a general.

I'd also try Austere Command over Phyrexian Rebirth, and also Catastrophe or Rout over the threshold sweeper. Mind's Eye is something to try as well (maybe over Sword of Body and Mind).

Have you considered adding in Armageddon/Ravages of War? They can end games by themselves.

(nameless one)
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I will try to add Banishing Stroke but I like Ray of Distortion since you can use it twice. Speaking of removal, I might add Saltblast again as it also deals with problem planeswalkers and lands.

I used to run Austere Command. I don't recall why I removed it but I will add it again.

I never liked Mind's Eye before since drawing/card advantage was never a problem for me.

As for Armageddon, the deck is mana hungry and runs little mana artifact. I didn't want to rely on mana artifacts and mass land destruction seems to set the deck behind.

Sword of Body and Mind will come out for the newly spoiled Gatecrash Equipment.

boneclub24
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Well, you would only be using the Geddon effects when you went for a win, to stop people from interfering usually.

(nameless one)
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Make sense.

I'll see what I can cut.

Speaking of cutting, I think I'm gonna cut Thran Dynamo for Damping Matrix. But it's counterproductive since if I do resolve an Armageddon, I want to have alternative mana sources.

Also, have you tried Oath of Lieges before? I'm trying to break it but it's not the same as Land Tax.

phonics
01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
It would involve changing the deck a bit, but you could go for a route similar to the godo edh deck with heavy artifact mana and land sweepers to keep everyone else behind, though the only ones I can think of are armageddon, ravages of war and catastrophe (maybe cleansing?)

(nameless one)
01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
This is why I didn't run Armageddon originally. The deck's mana base needs to revolve around mana artifacts. The reason why I run minimal mana artifact (and a lot of protection equipment) is because artifact hate is always around.

I'll give Damping Matrix over Dynamo or Extraplanar Lens. I will change Sword of Body and Mind with Darksteel Plate.

I am not skeptical over Sword of Fire and Ice. Sword of Light and Shadow seems a better fit there but I do not own the card and I don't feel like shelling $30 right now.

When Gatecrash comes out, I might change it to Illusionist's Bracer.