PDA

View Full Version : Bant decks without Survival or countertop

Eddy Wally
08-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't know if this was intentional or not, but this forum seems not to have a thread about the multitude of Bant-decks which run without the countertop engine, and don't have the Survival of the Fittest engine. One often encounters such decks in tournaments, and they often seem to be doing ok (countertop isn't as strong as it used to be anyway).

Some of these decks used the NOPro combo, some pack a lot of planeswalkers, some do both and some neither. It's hard to speak of one definitive established deck, but Bant is at least an established archetype these days. I've been running a deck like this myself since the last few months, and have top 8'ed and won tournaments with +- 30 participants in it. I've always noticed other people playing it too.

In case I'm missing some site rule, established custom or compromise that this archetype should not have its own thread, I'm sure somebody will point this out in a reply.

menace13
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't know if this was intentional or not, but this forum seems not to have a thread about the multitude of Bant-decks which run without the countertop engine, and don't have the Survival of the Fittest engine. One often encounters such decks in tournaments, and they often seem to be doing ok (countertop isn't as strong as it used to be anyway).

Some of these decks used the NOPro combo, some pack a lot of planeswalkers, some do both and some neither. It's hard to speak of one definitive established deck, but Bant is at least an established archetype these days. I've been running a deck like this myself since the last few months, and have top 8'ed and won tournaments with +- 30 participants in it. I've always noticed other people playing it too.

In case I'm missing some site rule, established custom or compromise that this archetype should not have its own thread, I'm sure somebody will point this out in a reply.

There are 2 on the site. UGW Tempo and Bant Aggro and are all in Established section.

routlaw
08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
There's a couple of Bant aggro threads-the New Horizons thread over the DTB forum, the UGw Tempo (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?17600-[Deck]-UGw-Tempo) thread here in Established, and even a Bant Aggro (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?16059-[Deck]-Bant-Aggro-and-Pro-Bant/page5) thread too. If you just wanted to discuss your list you could post in that latter thread. The archetype is definitely established.

For what it is worth, I've been running the UGw Tempo build with very minor changes tuned for my metagame to great success for a while now. It's awesome.