PDA

View Full Version : Emrakul, The Aeons Torn

Jeff Kruchkow
08-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Current Record - Turn 3 Emrakul
T1 Land -> Sol Ring -> Helm of Awakening
T2 Ancient Tomb -> Dreamstone Hedron -> Clock of Omens+Free Top -> Font of Mythos
T3 Shenanigans -> Emrakul

So now that my bragging is out of the way, the list

// Lands
1 [DS] Blinkmoth Nexus
1 [SOK] Miren, the Moaning Well
1 [AQ] Mishra's Workshop
1 [WWK] Dread Statuary
1 [MOR] Mutavault
1 [4E] Mishra's Factory
1 [MR] Stalking Stones
1 [WL] Scorched Ruins
1 [MM] Dust Bowl
1 [DS] Darksteel Citadel
1 [OD] Deserted Temple
1 [M10] Gargoyle Castle
1 [CHK] Hall of the Bandit Lord
1 [DS] Mirrodin's Core
1 [CFX] Reliquary Tower
1 [MM] Rishadan Port
1 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
1 [TSP] Urza's Factory
1 [ROE] Eldrazi Temple
1 [TE] Ancient Tomb
1 [MI] Crystal Vein
1 [US] Blasted Landscape
1 [SOK] Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
1 [SC] Temple of the False God
1 [V09] Strip Mine
1 [9E] Urza's Mine
1 [9E] Urza's Power Plant
1 [9E] Urza's Tower
1 [WL] Winding Canyons
1 [WL] Lotus Vale
1 [TE] Wasteland
1 [DIS] Ghost Quarter
1 [SOM] Glimmerpost

// Creatures
1 [ROE] Artisan of Kozilek
1 [ROE] It That Betrays
1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
1 [TE] Manakin
1 [US] Karn, Silver Golem
1 [EVE] Scarecrone
1 [MR] Duplicant
1 [10E] Platinum Angel
1 [DS] Sundering Titan
1 [SOM] Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 [SOM] Etched Champion
1 [SOM] Darksteel Juggernaut
1 [SOM] Platinum Emperion
1 [SOM] Steel Hellkite
1 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
1 [SOM] Palladium Myr

// Spells
1 [TSP] Prismatic Lens
1 [B] Howling Mine
1 [VI] Anvil of Bogardan
1 [FD] Clock of Omens
1 [9E] Ur-Golem's Eye
1 [UD] Thran Dynamo
1 [CFX] Font of Mythos
1 [DD2] Mind Stone
1 [HPB] Mana Crypt
1 [FD] Krark-Clan Ironworks
1 [DK] Fellwar Stone
1 [ALA] Minion Reflector
1 [HOP] Serum Tank
1 [MR] Oblivion Stone
1 [B] Nevinyrral's Disk
1 [CH] Book of Rass
1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [UL] Memory Jar
1 [MR] Mind's Eye
1 [MR] Farsight Mask
1 [ROE] All Is Dust
1 [MR] Gilded Lotus
1 [7E] Sisay's Ring
1 [US] Worn Powerstone
1 [MR] Blinkmoth Urn
1 [US] Voltaic Key
1 [B] Basalt Monolith
1 [UL] Grim Monolith
1 [5E] Mana Vault
1 [A] Sol Ring
1 [UL] Quicksilver Amulet
1 [VI] Helm of Awakening
1 [FUT] Cloud Key
1 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice
1 [ROE] Dreamstone Hedron
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [LRW] Rings of Brighthearth
1 [IN] Planar Portal
1 [DS] Darksteel Forge
1 [ARE] Darksteel Ingot
1 [MR] Galvanic Key
1 [FD] Doubling Cube
1 [10E] Crucible of Worlds
1 [SOM] Mox Opal
1 [SOM] Venser's Journal
1 [SOM] Prototype Portal
1 [SOM] Lux Cannon
1 [SOM] Golem Foundry

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

fusionshogun
08-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Mishra's Workshop, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, Any 2 0CC Artifacts, KCI = T1 Emrakul

Shenanigans

Also, I think you should play Winter Orb, Static Orb, Icy Manipulator, Tangle Wire, Smokestack, and Crucible of Worlds.

Jeff Kruchkow
08-30-2010, 08:58 AM
I was pretty sure T1 could be done, I just havent actually done it yet.

I missed cruible and will def do -galvanic key +crucible
but what to drop for the other stuff?

Brushwagg
08-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Staff of Domination is banned.

practical joke
08-30-2010, 09:30 AM
replace it with a doubling cube.

ns2973
08-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Mishra's Workshop, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, Any 2 0CC Artifacts, KCI = T1 Emrakul

Shenanigans

Also, I think you should play Winter Orb, Static Orb, Icy Manipulator, Tangle Wire, Smokestack, and Crucible of Worlds.

No actually, that doesn't work.

I play Karn EDH and learned while playing that if you notice, eldrazi are NOT artifacts, they are just colorless spells. So no workshop for you, at least to cast eldrazi.

mujadaddy
08-30-2010, 11:01 AM
No actually, that doesn't work.

I play Karn EDH and learned while playing that if you notice, eldrazi are NOT artifacts, they are just colorless spells. So no workshop for you, at least to cast eldrazi.

Mishra's pays for the Sol Ring and the Grim Monolith. Shenanigans.

But that's such a god-hand...you have to draw into it!!

ns2973
08-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Yup, even in my heavy accelerated karn edh, best i've been able to do is a turn 2 sundering titan. But that isn't THAT uncommon in the deck. I've had a turn 3 emarakul, but thats the best i've been able to do.

Jeff Kruchkow
08-30-2010, 12:31 PM
- Galvanic Key + Crucible
- Staff + Cube

fusionshogun
08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Cut Farsight Mask, Not of This World, Hand of Emrakul, Spawnsire of Ulamog, and Eldrazi Conscription for Smokestack, Tangle Wire, Winter Orb, Static Orb, and Icy Manipulator.

Jeff Kruchkow
08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Cut Farsight Mask, Not of This World, Hand of Emrakul, Spawnsire of Ulamog, and Eldrazi Conscription for Smokestack, Tangle Wire, Winter Orb, Static Orb, and Icy Manipulator.

I have to keep the eldrazi stuff. Its the only way I get away with running such a broke deck is by calling it Eldrazi themed.

Also, why wire it seems terrible.

Also, static orb? Are you serious? Seems dead WAYY to often

kinda
08-31-2010, 01:26 AM
It wouldn't be as good in your list...but fusion and I know a guy who played edh mud with emrakul as the general and the deck was absurd. He ended up getting emrakul banned...or was at least a large part of the reason.

Jeff Kruchkow
08-31-2010, 01:41 AM
It wouldn't be as good in your list...but fusion and I know a guy who played edh mud with emrakul as the general and the deck was absurd. He ended up getting emrakul banned...or was at least a large part of the reason.

Gotcha. If I went MUD i'd just use karn. He makes comboing so much easier.

fusionshogun
08-31-2010, 11:57 PM
To be honest, the deck wasn't absurd, there just wasn't enough hate. There weren't enough people playing things like Aura of Silence.

Tangle Wire is a card that's great early because it slows your opponent's development down, while you continue to play your artifact ramp spells. All you need to do is have cards to break the symmetry of things like Winter Orb and Static Orb. The cards that do this for Winter Orb are obvious: all of your ramping artifacts. Static Orb combos well with enough cards and has dramatic enough impact on the board state that it warrants consideration. In addition, Hand of Emrakul is such a bad card. Can't your deck be Eldrazi-themed without that particular one? The same can be said for Not of This World and Spawnsire of Ulamog. The only time in EDH where I've seen Eldrazi Conscription be awesome was in a Rafiq deck. However, if the Eldrazi cards have to stay in, I'm sure there are other things you could cut.

Bane of the Living
10-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I built this deck too. You need Ashnod's Altar somewhere. KCI and Altar are the best cards in the deck imo. Play Su-Chi and Cathodin to compliment it.

Cut some of the bad Eldrazi and put in Skull Clamp with more bodies for it.

Jeff Kruchkow
11-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Updated for SOM. Did I miss anything?

TheArchitect
11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Overall this deck seems pretty awesome. Idk about static orb but I'd try to find some room for winter orb. With so many artifacts for mana sources you won't even notice it but everyone else will be slowed down considerably. Golem foundry and venser's journal don't seem to great.

Jeff Kruchkow
11-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Overall this deck seems pretty awesome. Idk about static orb but I'd try to find some room for winter orb. With so many artifacts for mana sources you won't even notice it but everyone else will be slowed down considerably. Golem foundry and venser's journal don't seem to great.

Yeah Im looking to replace foundry its been weakl. But I like journal since it gains life which I think every EDH needs a little of, although Ivory Tower might be better.

TheArchitect
11-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Yes, thats a valid point and with a deck this explosive you'll probably get a lot of hate haha! And in colorless you don't have much options for life gain. Ivory tower might be better. It would provide a lot more life in the long run if you can get it out early game.