PDA

View Full Version : EDH Linvala/Iona (MWC)

Bane of the Living
12-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I am listing this as Linvala or Iona since I personally swap between them a lot when playing this deck. It depends on whats popular at the time. Mono color decks or generals with activated abilities. Linvala is an insane general hoser.

Sb: Linvala / Iona, Shield of Emeria

Artifacts:

Nevs Disc
Mana Vault
Pithing Needle
Relic of Progenitus
Crucible of worlds
Marble Diamond
Sensei's Divining Top

Disenchants:

Seal of Cleansing
Oblivion Ring
Aura of Silence
Disenchant
Abolish

Removal:

Swords to Plowshares
Oust
Tariff
Wing Shards
Afterlife

Gimmicks:

Pulse of the Fields
Spiritual Asylum
Marshal's Anthem
Evangelize
Decree of Justice
Enlightened Tutor
Second Sunrise
Gift of Estates
Land Tax

BlOW EVERYTHING UP (aka the reason to play mwc)

Wrath of God
Day of Judgement
Armageddon
Purify
Mass Calcify
Martial Coup
Akroma's Vengeance
Kitar's Wrath
Final Judgement
Hallowed Burial
Austere Command
Planar Cleansing

The Bitches:

Linvala/Iona
Reya Dawnbringer
Akroma Angel of Wrath
Felidar Sovereign
Crovax, Ascendant Hero
Deathless Angel
Purity
Pentarch Paladin
Archon of Justice
Baneslayer Angel
Karmic Guide
Reveillark
Windborn Muse
Ranger of Eos
Peacekeeper
Knight of the White Orchid
8 1/2 Tails
Wall of Omens
Mother of Runes
Martyr of Sands
Serra Ascendant
Weathered Wayfarer

The Lands you can figure yourself. Mostly strip mine lands, emeria, and plains.

I built this out of stuff I owned in boxes and binders and didn't go out of my way to pick up anything for it. I know I'm missing some goodies such as Exalted Angel and Catastrophe.

I had to add a few cheap creatures, which is another reason I like Linvala, to speed the deck up just a bit. It sucked to sit back with no aggression what so ever. That said I like Ranger of Eos and I'm looking to upgrade him. Any ideas? Stuff like Student of Warfare I've tried and I just hate it in a control deck like this. Even forge tender is bad.

The deck wants lands so Balance doesn't play nice here unless Land Tax is going nuts. Thanks for input ahead of time.

94teen
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Nim Deathmantle is something I've been recommending to everyone. The card is nuts, especially with Martyr of Sands in your deck. Worst case, it's a way to rebuy either Linvala or Iona after one of your wraths.

I'd consider adding Sun Titan as another way to buyback Martyr and Peacekeeper and the like, and just as a powerful utility guy.

Since you run Weathered Wayfarer, I assume you run Mistveil Plains for the potential strip lock?

If you go with Linvala as the general, you could run the Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Kormus Bell combo to lock everyone out of the game?