PDA

View Full Version : What's yours is mine EDH ideas needed

dahcmai
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Ok, I like making EDH theme decks and the next one I am making is a theft (Pirates) style for laughs.

So I need to find every card that you can think of that steals stuff from the opponents.

Here's what I thought of so far. Can you think of any more? Also cards that deal with Pirates and take things from the opponent in an obscure way? Piracy is a perfect example for both.

Control Magic
Voilition Reins
Treachery
Legacy's Allure
Dominate
Dominating Licid
Dominus of Fealty
Nicol Bolas (planeswalker)
Rubinia Soulsinger
Seasinger
Merike Berit
Slave of Bolas
Callous Oppressor
Captivating Glance
Chamber of Manipulation
Charisma
cytoplast Manipulator
Empress Galina
Govern the Guildless
Keiga the Tide Star
Kukemssa Pirates
Magus of the Unseen
Old Man of the Sea
Overtaker
Ray of Command
Reins of Power
Roil Elemental
Sower of Temptation
Spinal Embrace
Thalakos Deciever
Aura Graft
Aura Thief
Steal Enchantment
Steal artifact
Helm of Obedience
Blatant Thievery
Commandeer
Desolation

I'm just going to throw them all together and take out the worst ones then build around it.

TheArchitect
12-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Awesome idea! That deck is going to be hilarious, and probably pretty annoying to play against too.

// Pirate stuff
Bribery
Acquire
Coastal Piracy
Piracy
Piracy Charm
Dominus of Fealty
Plagiarize
MINDSLAVER
Jace, the Mind Sculpter
Vedalken Shackles

// Possible Generals
Sakashima the Impostor
Thada Adel, Acquisitor
Wrexial, the Risen Deep

samurai_socks
12-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I loved pirates during masques block and just overall anyway so this is a pretty cool idea.

General
Ramirez DePietro (she is a pirate!)

Creatures (with pirate creature type either on the card or by errata)

Armored Galleon
Cloud Pirates
Kukemssa Pirates (this really fits with your theme)
Pirate Ship
Reef Pirates
Rishadan Airship
Rishadan Brigand
Rishadan Cutpurse
Rishadan Footpad
Steam Frigate
Talas Air Ship
Talas Explorer
Talas Merchant
Talas Researcher
Talas Scout
Talas Warrior

You have to add the 3 Rishadan Pirates they are great fun in EDH.

Other

Abduction
Betrayal
Biting Tether
Dominating Licid
Fool's Demise
Stinging Licid
Threads of Disloyalty
Vapor Snare

-Cheers-

Sims
12-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I had thought about this kind of deck idea with Braids, Conjurer Adept. You can play the normal Bribery type stuff as per normal, but you have all of the control magic effects to take everything your opponents put into play with her SnT ability.

I never really got past the design/planning stage though.. too many other "OMG i want to build it!" decks and she kinda sat on the back burner. Maybe i'll revisit it.

fusionshogun
12-13-2010, 02:45 AM
I suggested a deck for a friend that was similarly themed. He used Empress Galina, so it wasn't pirate themed, just "stealing things" themed. A few cards I can think of that I didn't see are Chromeshell Crab and Take Possession. If you play black, you should play Word of Command just because.

practical joke
12-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Noone mentioned gilded drake + capsize (or any other random bounce)?

TheArchitect
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I also forgot Memnarch.

Jeff Kruchkow
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Use a UBR general to be sure. I remember the EDH forums had a Thraximundar list like what you're trying for.

dahcmai
12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Braids is pure genius. Considering most of the stuff is blue, I might have try that out. Ramirez is pretty good too, though I don't actually own one anymore and they are hard to find not counting ordering one. Thanks for all the options I didn't find. I'll post up the deck once I build and play it a few times to tune it up.

umbowta
12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
No pirate excursion should be undertaken without first having a Preacher bless the vessel. Of course he'll best preach from Ashnod's Altar or a Phyrexian Altar

Sims
12-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Braids is pure genius. Considering most of the stuff is blue, I might have try that out. Ramirez is pretty good too, though I don't actually own one anymore and they are hard to find not counting ordering one. Thanks for all the options I didn't find. I'll post up the deck once I build and play it a few times to tune it up.

After reading the response in the Rules thread about Control Magic I became very sad that the enchantments wouldn't work off Braids.. Until I remembererd 2 things:

-Emrakul is banned in EDH effective 12-20-10
-Braids only puts Creatures, Artifacts, or Lands into play.

You'd still be able to free-play your Sower of Temptation, Fatties of your own, shackles, disruption pieces (b2b/propaganda? stuff like that), and just have to cast the control magic enchantments the old fashioned way... doesn't seem too bad. Maybe this WILL still work.

After I finish making my super casual Fungus and Plant beatdown deck with Thelon, maybe i'll have to revisit the Braid's idea.

Lemme know how your testing goes, Dachmai.

cdr
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure what you mean "wouldn't work" - you might have misunderstood? When you put an aura into play with an effect, you choose what to attach it to - it just doesn't target.

But yes, Braids doesn't even do enchantments anyway.

Sims
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure what you mean "wouldn't work" - you might have misunderstood? When you put an aura into play with an effect, you choose what to attach it to - it just doesn't target.

But yes, Braids doesn't even do enchantments anyway.

You're right, Chuck, my bad. I did mis-read the thread.

I need to work on not just blazing through threads while i'm work, leads to a lot of mis-interpertations.

socioloaf
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Edit: I actually made a decklist of my own, so I'm removing the crappy one I found on the internet. This one is crappy too, but trust me, it's better than Giant Octopus

This is a flavor-oriented build. I'm really open to suggestions on how it could work better, but keep in mind I'm going for as many thematic cards as possible.
Borrowed a lot of ideas from this guy: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=225017 but tried to make it a little more flavorful and also cut back on what I saw as some useless cards.

General (1):
1 Ramirez DePietro

Creatures (23):

1 Inkwell Leviathan
1 Deep-Sea Kraken
1 Lorthos, the Tidemaker
1 Wrexial, the Risen Deep
1 Kederekt Leviathan
1 Nemesis of Reason

1 Skeleton Ship
1 Big Game Hunter
1 Braids, Conjurer Adept
1 Merfolk Looter
1 Waterfront Bouncer
1 Rootwater Thief
1 Shadowmage Infiltrator
1 Duplicant
1 Reef Pirates
1 Rishadan Footpad
1 Rishadan Cutpurse
1 Rishadan Brigand
1 Dimir Cutpurse
1 Kukemssa Pirates
1 Sygg, River Cutthroat
1 Sakashima the Impostor
1 Thada Adel, Acquisitor

Instants (6):
1 Spelljack
1 Go For the Throat
1 Desertion
1 Memory Plunder
1 Undermine
1 Stifle

Sorceries (11):
1 Acquire
1 Bribery
1 Decree of Pain
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Diabolic Tutor
1 Betrayal
1 Piracy
1 Damnation
1 Commandeer
1 Inundate
1 Treasure Hunt

Enchantments (8):
1 Quest for Ula's Temple
1 Standstill
1 No Mercy
1 Coastal Piracy
1 Treachery
1 Spreading Seas
1 Dire Undercurrents
1 Greed

Artifacts (13):
1 Quicksilver Fountain
1 Mirari
1 Expedition Map
1 Gauntlet of Power
1 Extraplanar Lens
1 Explorer's Scope
1 Mask of Riddles
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Whispersilk Cloak
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Coalition Relic
1 Dimir Signet
1 Vedalken Shackles

Lands (38):
1 Rishadan Port
1 Dark Depths
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Cabal Coffers
1 Dreadship Reef
1 Underground River
1 Sunken Ruins
1 Watery Grave
19 Island
11 Swamp

I really don't know much about this format at all and this is my first attempt at coming up with a decklist. Things that would improve mana / synergy / draw would all be welcomed.