PDA

View Full Version : Major Commander (EDH) Rules Change

quadibloc
12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't see a thread discussing this (http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5200)...

It is no longer true that legendary creatures with activated abilities with mana symbols in their activation costs may not be used as EDH Generals (or Commanders). Instead, mana symbols that appear on the card in that fashion are now also included in the card's "color identity".

The way "color identity" is handled, however, remains the same as before: both cards with mana symbols not in that identity and the generation of mana of colors not in that identity are banned.

Malchar
12-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I like the part where Emrakul was banned!

Aggro_zombies
12-17-2010, 12:45 AM
The new general rule doesn't really seem like that much of a big deal. In practice, only Memnarch and Bosh benefit from it, and Bosh is clearly the better of those two in an Academy-less world. However, it's not clear how much better Bosh is than Godo as the leader of a mono-red deck - I guess the two are very different decks, but still.

Pastorofmuppets
12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
I like the part where Emrakul was banned!

I like the part where casual Thelon EDH.

nodahero
12-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I loathe entirely the banning of Emrakul... God forbid decks are forced to adapt... Survival of the Fittest and all that... Tutor up Emrakul-> Sac to Miren->Take next turn-> Rinse and repeat.

JeroenC
12-18-2010, 03:31 PM
They could either ban Emrakul or unban Kokusho. Because the reasons for banning Kokusho are quite the same situations as Emrakul puts a game into- not healthy ones.