PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Solbad, Goblin Tinkerer - please suggest improvements!

RexFTW
12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
So last night I set out to make a fun EDH deck. My group has some pretty strong decks so it still needs to be good (nobody plays Arcum Dagson or zur, the enchanter but they all play strong cards in their decks). My last deck was token-centric and could easily make 40 power of guys in a single turn, however they rarely got to attack due to someone always holding a wrath. Soooo..... I decided to make an indestructible deck. Who better to make things indestructible than Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer!?

Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer

// Creatures
1 [FD] Silent Arbiter
1 [AL] Gorilla Shaman (1)
1 [UL] Viashino Heretic
1 [SOM] Darksteel Juggernaut
1 [SOM] Darksteel Myr
1 [SOM] Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 [SOM] Platinum Emperion
1 [10E] Platinum Angel
1 [MR] Lodestone Myr
1 [DS] Gemini Engine
1 [M11] Hoarding Dragon
1 [UL] Goblin Welder
1 [MR] Vulshok Battlemaster
1 [CHK] Godo, Bandit Warlord

// Spells
1 [SOM] Galvanic Blast
1 [ROE] Prophetic Prism
1 [CFX] Kaleidostone
1 [SHM] Elsewhere Flask
1 [TSP] Chromatic Star
1 [SOM] Tumble Magnet
1 [MR] Worldslayer
1 [CHK] Tenza, Godo's Maul
1 [SOM] Strata Scythe
1 [ALA] Sigil of Distinction
1 [DS] Mycosynth Lattice
1 [SOM] Liquimetal Coating
1 [FD] Clock of Omens
1 [SOM] Mimic Vat
1 [DS] Darksteel Forge
1 [GP] Shattering Spree
1 [SOM] Panic Spellbomb
1 [MR] Goblin Charbelcher
1 [MR] Mind's Eye
1 [RAV] Terrarion
1 [DS] Shield of Kaldra
1 [SOM] Accorder's Shield
1 [MOR] Cloak and Dagger
1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
1 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
1 [SOM] Barbed Battlegear
1 [MR] Lightning Greaves
1 [SOM] Argentum Armor
1 [MR] Trash for Treasure
1 [M11] Sword of Vengeance
1 [DS] Sword of Fire and Ice
1 [BOK] Ronin Warclub
1 [SOM] Grafted Exoskeleton
1 [FD] Grafted Wargear
1 [ARE] Bonesplitter
1 [SOM] Infiltration Lens
1 [9E] Loxodon Warhammer
1 [MR] Mask of Memory
1 [MR] Neurok Hoversail
1 [SOK] O-Naginata
1 [CHK] No-Dachi
1 [ALA] Quietus Spike
1 [MR] Sculpting Steel
1 [ZEN] Eternity Vessel

// Utility Lands
1 [DK] Maze of Ith

//Mana
1 [MR] Great Furnace
26 [ZEN] Mountain (3)
1 [US] Voltaic Key
1 [DD2] Mind Stone
1 [LRW] Spinerock Knoll
1 [ZEN] Explorer's Scope
1 [UD] Thran Dynamo
1 [A] Gauntlet of Might
1 [MR] Extraplanar Lens
1 [TSP] Gauntlet of Power
1 [UL] Grim Monolith
1 [R] Mana Vault
1 [B] Sol Ring
1 [US] Worn Powerstone
1 [SOM] Mox Opal

The major theme of the deck is big robots with as many weapons strapped to them as possible. It seems both fluffy (If you were a Goblin Tinkerer wouldn't you do this?) and strong with slobad. Indestructibility gets around the main problem of equipment: dumping 15 mana into equipping a guy thats just going to eat a wrath before he even gets to attack!

There are many cards that are designed just for slobad to repair other stuff with without card disadvantage i.e. Elsewhere Flask

There are a few other things going on, like making Platinum Angel or Platinum Emperion indestructible :), and tapping equipment which doesn't mind being tapped to do things (Clock of Omens, Lodestone Myr). There is also the ability to put Worldslayer on an indestructible creature.

Darth Nihilus
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
first of all its not allowed to play kaleidostone with slobald, cards used must only contain manasymbols shown at your general

and i like your major theme but your creature count is pretty low, also you use kinda bad robots like gemeni engine?
i would atleast double the creature count and add good beaters like steel hellkite, wurmcoil engine, darksteel titan , lodestome golem also where are the metalworkers? as far as i know they are allowed. also add junk diver and myr retriever for some cantriping, the new ichor wellspring ect.
you play so many equippments and so less creatures...

also i am missing sweepers, where is starstorm/rolling earthquake ect?

sunshine
01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Nuisance Engine would provide you with some fodder for your general, not to mention make sure you always have a dude to carry all that equipment. Same goes for The Hive if you want to go with some old school flavor.

Also i feel like you should be getting more out of the fact that your general is a sacrifice outlet, there are a number of artifacts in Besieged that literally do nothing unless they are entering or leaving the battlefield that screams for shenanigans with your general and Welder.

Malchar
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
@darth nihilus: Unfortunately, metalworker is banned according to the mtgcommander website.

It might be nice to use fatties like pentavus, triskelion, or triskelavus that give you stuff to sacrifice and like to be weldered. You could also use lifeline to let you freely sacrifice artifact creatures to Slobad. You could also use summoning station since it triggers when an artifact goes to the grave. Here are some potentially useful cards that trigger when a creature hits the grave, i.e., when you sacrifice an artifact creature: vicious shadows, icefall, goblin sharpshooter, deathrender, dross scorpion, nim deathmantle, salvaging station, and - my favorite - skullclamp.

Edit: from besieged, check out ichor wellspring and spine of ish sah.