92 Genesis Wave

93 Mirri’s Guile
94 Sylvan Library
95 Promise of Power
96 Phyrexian Arena

97 Liliana Vess
98 Sorin Markov
99 Garruk WIldspeaker

I want to start this by saying that I absolutely hate creatures. The only creature that I can stand playing are small utility creatures. I realize that Avatar of Woe and those guy would be insane in this deck, but I just don't like them. I chose Glissa because she is a small utility creature, and I can use her absurd ability to win without creatures. The main win condition of this deck is Mindslaver (to Mindslaver, and hopefully win with their deck... I know, it is kind of loose). Eternal Witness, Volrath's Stronghold and Phyrexian Tower/Culling Dais set up a nice recursion engine as well. Life from the Loam is run to protect that engine, plus getting artifacts into the graveyard isn't a horrible side effect.

Now to talk about the artifact with which to abuse with my general. A few of them (like Mindslaver and the free baubles) are very obvious, but a few others are a little more complicated. Capsule is just a straight up machine gun when Glissa is out, it is very fair. Jester's Cap and Dreamstone Hedron might need the most explaining. Jester's Cap is an additional win con in the late (very late) game, by removing all their threats, or just decking them (every time this happens, that player will be forced to sign my Jester's Cap). Hedron is the insane in this format (in my opinion). It does everything you would want it to do, and it is positively unfair with Orrery (you can wait until the end of a player's turn to either draw three or drop some heat). Speaking of Orrery, this card is pretty insane after a Wrath of God.

The reason that I have so many rampant growth effects and 37 lands (granted one of them is a Maze of Ith...) is because I have never understood how people can play with less than 40% lands. In 60 and 40 card decks, this is the norm, but in EDH I see so many people cheating on lands, missing land drops can keep you out of the game in this format. The ramp cards are to take advantage of the usually low land counts of decks and power ahead of them in the early game, while not missing land drops in the late game. When everyone at the table has extremely powerful spells, being the one to play them first and then play more of them in a turn than anyone else is a huge advantage. I firmly believe that lands are the most powerful cards in EDH (one of my friends made a land EDH deck, it is almost unbeatable in multiplayer).

One last thing, why isn't Sorrin banned? He is absolutely insane. He kills faster than Jace, and never even has to go ultimate. Honestly, please answer that question for me.

94teen
01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
How about the Survival of the Fittest style package?

Survival of the Fittest
Fauna Shaman
Oversold Cemetery
Oath of Ghouls
Genesis

I really like cards like Nim Deathmantle with sac outlets like Phyrexian Tower and High Market, especially in these colors with things like Eternal Witness and Shriekmaw.

I also miss Entomb in your list as a way to tutor up an artifact.

Nevinyrral's Disk is another Oblivion Stone, and is probably better at least half the time.

What other good artifacts are there that can be recurred, particularly in these colors?

Moriok Replica
Ark of Blight
Heap Doll
Memory Jar
Pentavus
Triskelavus
Plague Boiler
Ratchet Bomb
Voyager Staff
Scarecrone
Wingrattle Scarecrow

I'd want to add Nath of the Gilt Leaf to go with Necrogen Spellbomb, since that seems hilarious.

That's sort of all I've got. Without playing with or against a deck too similar to this, I don't know if these are really the kinds of suggestions you're looking for, but hopefully there's something in there that's helpful.

lorddotm
01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
All the cards you suggested are kind of terrible on their own. I don't like being 100% dependent on my general, and they have arguably better versions inside already (except for the fat creatures, but I don't like creatures).

Entomb is cute, but it isn't versatile enough.

Survival seems horrible considering I'm running 15ish creatures. Genesis, he doesn't have room unfortunately. Plus without Corpse Con or Buried Alive, he isn't too reliable.

94teen
01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Honestly, I've got to disagree. Some of them are pretty terrible without more creatures, and some just aren't that good, but you asked for suggestions. There are a few in there that I'm pretty sure you should be running. I don't really know what you're looking for if you don't even want to consider half of my suggestions when I'm pretty sure some of them are just strictly better than things you're already running.

Moriok Replica seems better than at least one of the baubles. Drawing two is a lot more than drawing one, and I think it's worth a slot.

Memory Jar, however, is pretty much an autoinclude. You can have a draw 7 every turn; one that also helps you dig into your artifacts. That seems pretty absurd as far as I'm concerned. It also fits into the "milling" theme you have with Jester's Cap. Use cap to remove the things you're worried about, then just mill them with Memory Jar; it's a lot faster.

Entomb is a straight up TUTOR in your deck. You play a ton of other tutors, so I don't see why this wouldn't even be considered. That just seems like an oversight. Creatures are GOING to die. The things a 1 mana Fabricate, what more do you want.

Nevinyrral's disk is just another copy of O-Stone, and one that's arguably more efficient. Unless you spend a ton of time adding fate counters to things, I don't see how O-Stone can be good enough when Disk isn't.

lastly, Ark of Blight just seems really good to me. You don't have ton of hate for non-basics, just your three strip mine effects. This is another easily recurrable effect that deals with problematic non-basics.

New suggestion that seems really good: Salvaging Station seems to go well with your baubles, and would be another reason to reconsider some of the artifact creature-based effects.

The only one of these that's bad on its own is Ark of Blight. Most of the rest are good cards that are staples of the format, or things that are probably better than something already in your list. Honestly though, how about some discussion before rejecting good cards for no real reason?

lorddotm
01-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I will try them out, the thing is the list is extremely tight right now.

Entomb might get included, I do have access to a foil one....

I never liked that I can't use Disk immediately.

The main reason I didn't like Moriok Replica is because it costs 5 mana to draw 2 cards. That is kind of weak.

I thought of Salvaging Station. Might try it later down the line.

Memory Jar, I guess I don't much like it since everyone I play with uses Orrery and blue. Which is a fuckin' pain when you are Memory Jarring. Plus, the Jester Cap win isn't about time, it's about awesome.

bokwinkle
01-06-2011, 07:24 PM
I think a few artifacts that I'd at least consider are:

Lotus Petal
Lotus Bloom
Tormod's Crypt
Archbound Ravager
Armillary Sphere
Copper Gnomes
Mind stone
Powder Keg/Ratchet Bomb
Horn and Skull of Ramos
Plague Boiler
Scarecrone
Muriok Replica
Tangle Wire
Grinning Totem
Helm of Obedience
Masticore/Molten-Tail Masticore/Razormane Masticore
Jester's Mask
Memory Jar
Nev's Disk

I'd definately run Powder Keg/Ratchet Bomb, Memory Jar and Nev's Disk. Anything that destroys creatures AND goes to the bin seems pretty ideal. The masticores, also seem pretty ideal since they fill the bin and kill creatures AND provide at least some resilient blockers - I know you don't much care for for creatures, but the masticores really are more utility than beat-down since they don't have evasion of any sort.

Plague Boiler seems a bit weak generally, but since it destroys stuff and at least delays the game to set up for the Slaver-Lock.

I would say I'd also be looking to include Maelstrom Pulse, and maybe some other select targeting removal that would allow you at least one temporary activation of Glissa. Pulse is just so versatile though, you really HAVE to use it.

I'd probably also consider Wispersilk Cloak as a back-up to greaves for the general...but it would probably get cut since there is so many "auto-includes" in the deck.

I know that I"ll definately be making a deck with this broad when she comes out...but I'll be going more heavy creatures with sac outlets and stuff like grave pact and Savra...and I won't be running the slaver lock (I just think it's un-fun) but that is the beauty of this general...she's got a few different options.

lorddotm
01-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I did consider a lot of those.

I really really don't like that I can't play and activate Disk in one turn. I might have to try Memory Jar, but like I said, a lot of people in my area could abuse it just as much, if not more, than I could.

I did not know about Jester's Mask, but I suspect I will feel the same way about that as I do Disk. Leaving something on the table for a turn to get any effect is risk at my EDH tables. A lot of people here are lighter on creatures and heavier on artifact, enchantment, and other such removal.

I was considering Riftsweeper, but I will have to check that out. I don't have this deck completely together yet, so once I do, I will go about testing it.

HdH_Cthulhu
01-13-2011, 05:32 AM
I suggest Myr Retriever!
-cheap
-good jumpblocker
-snyergie with other artifacts

And why so much tutors? I would cut the crappy diabolic, im not sure if i keep beseech the queen...

Heart_of_the_Dark
01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
There's ONE pro that the O Stone holds over Nevy's Disk...It kills Planeswalkers.

I'm looking to build a Glissa, the Traitor EDH myself. So I've been doing a lot of research. It is interesting to see where my own ideas converge with others and where they diverge. One thing in particular that I've noticed is that no one wants to play with Liquimetal Coating. This card has shenanigans written all over it. Ever Demolished a Planeswalker? I have. This plus Sylvok Replica means that I can blow up ANY permanent on the board. Granted, it's spot removal. But they deal with non-basics and Planeswalkers with equal ease.

And while you aren't a creature fan, lorddotm, consider Kamahl, Fist of Krosa for just a moment. He's another engine option that also disrupts opponents mana bases, and deals with non-basics. Put a Viridian Longbow on him or your general-or any body for that matter-and...well, you get the idea.

Also, what about Grave Pact? It has very nice synergy.

Amulet of Vigor can let you use the Disk immediately. It also offsets the "penalty" of several non-basic lands.

Just some thoughts. =D

sclabman
01-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Are you seriously not running Skullclamp? Seems loose.

Wereodile
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
The OP's deck inspired me to build my own. I have focused on using other peoples creatures to win the game (Rise from the Grave, Mindslaver, Grimoire of the Dead)

I do need to get my hands on an Entomb and a Memory Jar though as people have mentioned both can be abused in this deck quite a bit.

Shabbaman
01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Hermit Druid is stupid good in a Glissa deck, even without combo.