PDA

View Full Version : Wort, the Raidmother

Clown of Tresserhorn
01-07-2011, 07:36 PM
So, R/G is one of my favorite combinations and I'm bored to death smashing with Sharuum. Here's the list:

General:
Wort, the Raidmother

Spells:
Rampant Growth
Cultivate
Kodama's Reach
Deep Reconnaissance
Explosive Vegetation
Skyshroud Claim
Sylvan Scrying
Reap and Sow
Nature's Lore
Primal Growth

Sakura-Tribe Elder
Overgrown Battlement
Acidic Slime
Oracle of Mul-Daya
Eternal Witness
Terastodon
Kiki-Jiki Mirror Breaker
Inferno Titan
Avenger of Zendikar
Vexing Shusher
Siege Gang Commander
Goblin Marshall
Verdant Force
Dragon Broodmother
Deranged Hermit
Master of the Wild Hunt

Harmonize
Wheel of Fortune
Collective Unconscious

Plow Under
Desert Twister
Fissure
Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
Aftershock

Spontaneous Generation
Goblin Offensive
One-Dozen Eyes

Tooth and Nail
Insurrection
Crush of Wurms
Primal Command

Fork
Reiterate
Wild Ricochet
Early Harvest

Banefire
Rolling Thunder
Comet Storm

Regrowth
Restock
Nostalgic Dreams

Garruk Wildspeaker

Ancient Grudge
Artifact Mutation
Slice in Twain
Krosan Grip
Hull Breach

Skullclamp

Mana Reflection
Sylvan Library

Lands:
Kher Keep
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Gaea's Cradle
Taiga
Stomping Ground
Fire-lit Thicket
22 Forest
11 Mountain

Anyone else play this general? I feel like I'm missing some key bombs. So far it runs good, except my group usually targets me first since all their decks are basically poo. I feel like this deck is lacking some focus. 100 cards is not enough. I want more ramp (Wayfarer's Bauble, Keeper of progenitus, Search for Tomorrow, Frenzied Tilling). I want more LD (Mold Shambler, Blood Moon, Lava Flow, Rain of Salt). I want more Removal (Flame-tongue Kavu, Cerebral Eruption, Helm of possessionm, Bogardan hellkite). I want more Draw (Regal Force, Momentous Fall). Thoughts?

Bob

bokwinkle
01-08-2011, 10:31 AM
From what I can see, you're missing the following creatures:

Duplicant
Solemn Simulacrum
Woodfall Primus
Anger
Genesis
Primeval Titan
Yavimaya Elder
Ravenous Baloths (possibly)
Mycoloth
Mitotic Slime

And the following spells:

Empty the Warrens
Sprout Swarm
Sarkhan Vol
Survival of the Fitest
Browbeat (possibly)
Momentus Fall
Crop Rotation
Harrow (maybe)
Hunting wilds (maybe)
Soul's Majesty (possibly)
Realm's Uncharted (possibly)
Life from the Loam (maybe)

And these lands:

Valukut, the molten pinacle
Stripmine
Wasteland
Wooded Foothills

And these Artifacts:
Crucible of Worlds

It's kinda up to how competitive you want to make the deck, but you could definately crank up the nastiness a bit.

Tog
01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Wort, the Raidmother is by far the best EDH deck I've ever made. The one thing that I really focused on when building it was to have a low curve and to try to conspire something as soon as it comes into play (i.e. 8 mana = Wort + 2 cc sorcery). Wort gets hated as soon as it hits play and it's rare to untap with her since she does some ridiculous things. That's the reason why I love cards like Rampant Growth, Nature's Lore, Hull Breach, Manamorphose, Farseek, and Explore.

Sensei's Divining Top is the best card in the deck considering the number of shuffle effects. Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle is also great in this deck just like the RG Ramp decks in standard. My play group Wastelands it as soon as it hits play.

One of the most difficult things for a deck like this is, is to not run out of cards if you can't get Wort online. That's why I love Regal Force, Chord of Calling, and Summoner's Pact. If you get lucky, you might be able to pull off a conspired EOT Chord of Calling for 7 getting Regal Force and Avenger of Zendikar. During your turn, you play some lands, ramp, and bash with huge Plant Tokens for the win.