PDA

View Full Version : Mono Black Commander (Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon)

Rebirth
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Hello, (UPDATE: CHANGED THE GENERAL)

I am new to commander and have spend a good amount of time searching for good mono black EDH cards. This is my current list, am i missing something that is a must have card for Black in EDH?

I have heard that i shouldn't play Necropotence because opponents can take over my turn and kill me with it :frown: i still see some lists play it, so what to do?

No Mirrodin besieged suggestions please, when the set is out i will add the cards that are needed such as Black Sun'z Zenith and Go for the Throat!

Mono Black - Commander

Lands: 40
1x Cabal Coffers
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mystifying Maze
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Strip Mine
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wasteland
32x Swamp

General: 1
1x Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief

Planeswalkers: 2
1x Sorin Markov
1x Liliana Vess

Creatures: 19
1x Dread
1x Helldozer
1x Grave Titan
1x Reiver Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Nirkana Revenant
1x Visara the Dreadful
1x Geth, Lord of the Vault
1x Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet
1x Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
1x Myojin of Night's Reach
1x Butcher of Malakir
1x Steel Hellkite
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Magus of the Coffers
1x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Bane of the Living
1x Graveborn Muse
1x Wurmcoil Engine

Drain Effects: 6
1x Corrupt
1x Exsanguinate
1x Consume Spirit
1x Profane Command
1x Bloodchief Ascension
1x Polluted Bonds

Reanimates: 2
1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Yawgmoth's will

Removals: 3
1x Barter in Blood
1x Consuming Vapors
1x Tendrils of Corruption

Sweepers: 6
1x Damnation
1x Mutilate
1x Decree of Pain
1x Plague Wind
1x Black Sun'z Zenith
1x Dregs of Sorrow

Discards: 3
1x Mind Twist
1x Syphon Mind
1x Words of Waste

Draws: 4
1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Ambition's Cost
1x Promise of Power
1x Skeletal Scrying

Tutors: 4
1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Beseech the Queen

Artifacts: 10
1x Sol Ring
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Nightmare Lash
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mindslaver
1x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Expedition Map
1x Mimic Vat
1x Altar of Shadows

Edit: UPDATED LIST!

umbowta
01-21-2011, 08:30 PM
It's so much better with card tags...thanks for adding them

Tog
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I've always been a big fan of Wayfarer's Bauble for non-green decks. Since this deck needs to put out a lot of Swamp, it could be useful in that aspect. Although EDH is a format of big spells, I hate having clunky opening hands like four 5 cc spells and three lands. In that light, I'd also suggest Armillary Sphere but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I don't know if you have better options but Rend Flesh and Chill to the Bone both seem pretty awful. Although Slaughter Pact has a non-black clause, I like it in decks that tap out frequently (like yours) since it give you the ability to mess with other people's turns without thinking beforehand and keeping mana up.

Lastly, I would suggest adding Oblivion Stone and Nev Disk since they are black's only reasonable options as far as enchant control.

Rebirth
01-22-2011, 06:02 AM
I've always been a big fan of Wayfarer's Bauble for non-green decks. Since this deck needs to put out a lot of Swamp, it could be useful in that aspect. Although EDH is a format of big spells, I hate having clunky opening hands like four 5 cc spells and three lands. In that light, I'd also suggest Armillary Sphere but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I don't know if you have better options but Rend Flesh and Chill to the Bone both seem pretty awful. Although Slaughter Pact has a non-black clause, I like it in decks that tap out frequently (like yours) since it give you the ability to mess with other people's turns without thinking beforehand and keeping mana up.

Lastly, I would suggest adding Oblivion Stone and Nev Disk since they are black's only reasonable options as far as enchant control.

Oblivion Stone and Nev Disk are pretty solid and a must! Though your suggested artifacts are pretty subpar, should i just run Sol Ring instead of them? I added Rend Flesh and Chill to the Bone to get rid of any creature i want, even black creatures. Aren't 99% single kill spells to any target good? i mean doom blade, terror or even the edicts seem pretty terrible. With these two kill spells i can take out any creature i want, even black creatures. Snow Creatures or Spirit Creatures are not played that often.

So these will be the new adition:

Sol Ring
Oblivion Stone
Nev Disk

What to take out? I am thinking of taking out Hypnotic Specter, Liliana's Specter and Gatekeeper of Malakir. Any advice?

Tog
01-22-2011, 11:20 AM
The reason I suggested Slaughter Pact even though it hits fewer creatures is because keeping up mana for the instants in your deck is difficult. Let's say for example you kept up four mana for Chill to the Bone, just in case. If nothing of interest happened on your opponent's turns, then in all likelihood, you won't have any other sources to utilizes that mana. However, if you had Slaughter Pact, you can tap out every turn and maximize the use of your mana without having to hold up mana for the Pact just in case. It's a trade off but one I've been happy with.

Two cards I forgot to suggest earlier were Sign in Blood and Night's Whispers. Just like Wayfarer's Bauble and Armillary Sphere, they help smooth out your early turns and hit you early land drops. They're also Card +1 down the road.

Cards I would suggest cutting: Hypnotic Specter (Pretty terrible in EDH), Liliana's Specter (Better, but still not worth it), Blood Tithe (One shot effects aren't so hot), 1 - 2 cards of pinpoint removal since you have so many ways of killing creatures, Unnerve, and Words of Waste (You have lots of discard effects. You could just as easily tutor for the best like the Myojin and call it a day).

Don't forget to include ways to hate out the yard as well. The reason why most games in my area get out of hand is because somebody is doing graveyard shenanigans.

hyc8028
01-22-2011, 11:47 AM
You are missing Hatred for 1 shot kill!

Malchar
01-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Brainspoil is decent since you can usually kill black creatures with it, or transmute for a wide array or other cards.

Also, I've played against a similar list except it uses Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief as the general. I think she is stronger than Skithiryx. If you can untap with Drana in play, you can basically kill any creature on the board and swing for huge. Also, she can easily kill a player in three attacks or less due to general damage. She also plays great with cards like Nirkana Revenant, Cabal Coffers, and other mana boosters.

On Necropotence, I think it's worth including it. It is extremely strong even if you have no way to gain life. Even if the other players use Mindslaver, there's no guarantee that they will be able to get it in the same game that you get your necro. If they play it first, then you can just hold your necro until they use it or die. Then of course, when you play against someone who doesn't have mindslaver, necro is a complete house.

Edit: Mind Sludge is pretty good if you have room, particularly since you can dump on whichever opponent is doing the best. Symmetrical effects like Syphon Mind are good and all but tend to cause each opponent to want to try to counter it or seek vengeance against you.

For graveyard hate, I just use like Leyline of the Void or something. You could use a creature that handles it, but you would want a way to resurrect it when it dies.

Rebirth
01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Argh so many good cards! When it comes to generals, i can just switch between Drana, Skithiryx and Geth and see which one i like the best so thats not a problem. Now we have some good cards and with MBS some others will join this deck, especially Black Sun'z Zenith. What cards would be subpar for EDH play, my experience is limited but based on theory crafting the following three will be replaced:

Gatekeeper of Malakir
Hypnotic Specter
Liliana's Specter

What else to replace? Somebody mentioned cutting Blood Tithe, but i like my Life Gain cards, because all my draw cards lose me life.

There is another doom blade variant card getting released in MBS, go for the throat 2 mana destroy target non artifact creature, basically like Rend Flesh and Chill to the Bone =\ Also, i would have run Slaughter Pact if it didn't have the non-black requirement, but then again, how many times will that be a problem :P? hmm, first i need to know what cards i can take out.

Malchar
01-23-2011, 03:40 AM
I agree that Blood Tithe is underwhelming. However, it might be amazing though if you're playing in a game of like 20 people or something. The three you listed and blood tithe would be good for the first round of cutting. Beyond that, you'll just have to playtest the deck to see what else to remove. It's hard to work on an EDH deck on paper because it's all one-of's and there's more cards than a normal deck. Also, it's hard to work on any deck on paper if you haven't played much with it.

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but grave pact and/or butcher of malakir are amazing in EDH. Stupendous card advantage, and it makes people not want to kill your stuff. They also get silly with cards like fleshbag marauder.

Nidd
01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Replace the Swamps with Snow-Covered Swamps, add Scrying Sheets and Terrain Generator.

There also needs to be a Dregs of Sorrow in there.

I also don't see a reason for not playing Wurmcoil Engine and Steel Hellkite. WCE has lifelink and stops any fattie they send in to attack you and SHK can handle stuff you can't handle (artifacts/enchantments).

Mono Black EDH should always run Mirari. It's bonkers with your drain effects.

Maybe go full-retard and run Doomsday, Sensei's Divining Top, Lich and Repay in Kind. And some way to draw into the pile. Cruel Bargain or Infernal Contract.

Malchar
01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
While you're at it you could also add the helm of obedience leyline of the void combo. Leyline is good on its own since it hoses so many annoying graveyard combos, and you have plenty of tutors to find whichever pieces you need. Also, if you like mirari, you can also try rings of brighthearth, especially if you use drana as the general.

Rebirth
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
okey guys, i made some updates:

1x Cabal Coffers
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mystifying Maze
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Strip Mine
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wasteland
32x Swamp

1x Sorin Markov
1x Liliana Vess

Creatures: 19
1x Dread
1x Helldozer
1x Grave Titan
1x Reiver Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Nirkana Revenant
1x Visara the Dreadful
1x Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
1x Butcher of Malakir
1x Steel Hellkite
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Magus of the Coffers
1x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Bane of the Living
1x Graveborn Muse
1x Wurmcoil Engine

1x Corrupt
1x Exsanguinate
1x Consume Spirit
1x Profane Command
1x Bloodchief Ascension
1x Polluted Bonds

1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Yawgmoth's will

1x Barter in Blood
1x Consuming Vapors

1x Damnation
1x Mutilate
1x Decree of Pain
1x Plague Wind
1x Black Sun'z Zenith
1x Dregs of Sorrow

1x Mind Twist
1x Syphon Mind
1x Words of Waste

1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Ambition's Cost
1x Promise of Power
1x Skeletal Scrying

1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Beseech the Queen

Artifacts: 10
1x Sol Ring
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Nightmare Lash
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mindslaver
1x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Expedition Map
1x Mimic Vat
1x Altar of Shadows

I try not to play any cards which won't do much on their selfs, Mirrari is good in a 60 cards deck with enough instant and sorceries, but i have 6 relevant drain effects in a 100 card deck so i won't be needing it. I have enough creatures with activated abilities to make Rings of Brighthearth really good. Oh, does the ring count for planeswalkers too? those are activated abilities aswell!!

So i want to still add these cards:

Helm of Obedience
Leyline of the Void
Rings of Brighthearth

and maybe (what do you think?)

Ulamog, the Infinite Gyr
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
All is Dust

So i must take away 3-6 cards and my list is really tight at the moment, what cards to take out? I am thinking of taking out Bane of the Living, since Black Sun'z Zenith will do it's job 10 times more effectively :D

Also, are there any other good EFFECTIVE artifacts for EDH that search for land or accelerate mana? like Expedition Map and Sol Rin?

thickasabrick
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Also, are there any other good EFFECTIVE artifacts for EDH that search for land or accelerate mana? like Expedition Map and Sol Rin?

You want Extraplaner Lens

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mi/169.jpg

Rebirth
01-25-2011, 04:06 AM
You want Extraplaner Lens

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mi/169.jpg

OW MY GOD....

I Love you :D

bokwinkle
01-25-2011, 11:49 AM
You're also missing Gauntlet of Power , and Duplicant .

I'd also run sign in blood and night's whisper - they are just too good at getting you out of mana trouble.

There's also another little trick with Commander MBC - Vedalken Orrery and Reliquary Tower to combine with Decree of pain . It sounds like it's not really a combo...but it is, you have to trust me, it's a lot of fun.

Also, if you're running Mind Twist I'd also consider Mind Sludge and Mind Shatter - any of these cards are equally broken and deserve a place in an EDH deck. And since you're also running Liliana, Syphon Mind , and Words of Waste I'd give Geth's Grimoire at least some thought. It's obviosly better with more discard effects, but if you rethink a couple of creatures I think it could be an awesome addition. Myojin of Night's Reach is pretty fun too. Anvil of Bogardan and Scepter of Fugue are pretty funny with Grimoire too.

Generally I feel like your curve needs some help. I know that MBC typically has a messed up curve when it comes to creatures since it just wraths for the first 10 turns and then starts to play dudes...but even still there are some guys that are worth some thought:

Undead Gladiator (This guy is absolutely Phenominal)
Cackling Fiend
Dauthi Mindripper
Earsplitting Rats
Haunted Cadaver
Korlash, Heir to Blackblade
Tainted Specter
Greel, Mind Raker
Mournwhelk

I feel like Curve in an EDH MBC deck is almost more important than other constructed decks because so many other EDH decks DON'T have a curve - and they often reserve the first few turns to play enchantments, ramp and artifacts - something that MBC cannot handle...at all. So you need to be able to apply at least minimal pressure while you set up your land and get them to overextend into your sweepers. I'd Suggest using some artifact sources to get rid of stuff that's Impossible for you to deal with - Stuff like:

Lux Cannon
Brittle Effigy
Nev's Disk
Oblivion stone
Powder Keg
Engineered Explosives
Ratchet Bomb
Smokestack
Duplicant

With that in mind I'd suggest a few artifact accelerators that can be played in direct substitution for lands - generally you don't want to go too crazy with these since you want Coffers to work appropriately, but its good to have a few, and they are really handy if you draw a bunch of cards and are looking for stuff to play that just costs a couple of mana. A lot of these cards are really expensive to purchase...so I'd just stick with a few of the more cost effective ones - maybe like 5-10 of them total.

Worn Powerstone
Thran Dynamo
Everflowing Chalice
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Grim Monolith
Armillary Sphere
Darksteel Ingot
Chrome Mox
Coalition Relic
Doubling Cube
Jet Medallion (this one is really good)
Lotus Bloom
Voltaic Key (I know it's not really mana...but it's also good with lux cannon - and you may find some other uses for it too, Like Nev's Disk)
Mind stone
Pilgrim's Eye
Skull of Ramos

Since you're only running 20 creatures I'd shy away from the equipment - i think you'll often find that you're holding a useless piece of equipment with no creature to attach it to. Also, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon seems like a wasted spot if you aren't running him as your general. I like him as a general he is a very good win con - but as just a dude in the deck he seems pretty weak. Lastly - I'd give some thought to Sorin...I know he's great, but he's just cheezy for EDH - noone wants to see him hit the board.

Malchar
01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I will echo that sorin is a cheese. I have lost many games single handedly to sorin. That said, he is extremely good. Personally, I would just run him unless lots of people start complaining about it.
Things like jet medallion are quite good. I like things that make black mana, but if you get too much colorless you can get in trouble. I think running lots of artifact destruction is tech against decks that try to abuse such mana producers. Just be careful that you keep enough black sources. Also, if you end up replacing threats with artifact mana then you risk diluting your deck in the late game. And of course, if you replace land with artifact mana, you risk not having enough black sources, which can mess up coffers, drain life, and certain fatties.

bokwinkle
01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
I played Sorin in my MBC EDH deck for a while and every time I saw him I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

I agree though that you need to limit your artifact mana - like I said 5-10 at the top end.

Rebirth
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
You guys keep suggesting awesome cards, but not what to take out!

Currently i want to add these cards:

Gauntlet of Power
Extraplanar Lens
Rings of Brighthearth
Oblivion Stone
Sign in Blood

Ulamog, the infinite Gyr
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
All is Dust

Skithiryx was the original general, but with all the cabal coffer effects, Drana will be an Insane general =\ which one to play...

Currently I am thinking about taking out:

Ambition's Cost (for Sign in Blood?)
Bane of the Living

???? need some help.

Also, i don't want to focus too much on artifact ramp or discard, obviously amazing artifacts that double my mana are auto include but not artifacts that cost 3 and add 1-2 mana by tapping etc.

Rebirth
01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Updated version:

1x Cabal Coffers
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mystifying Maze
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Strip Mine
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wasteland
1x Thawing Glaciers
31x Swamp

1x Sorin Markov
1x Liliana Vess

Creatures: 18
1x Dread
1x Helldozer
1x Grave Titan
1x Reiver Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Nirkana Revenant
1x Butcher of Malakir
1x Steel Hellkite
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Magus of the Coffers
1x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Graveborn Muse
1x Wurmcoil Engine
1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
1x Ulamog, the Infinite Gyr

1x Corrupt
1x Exsanguinate
1x Consume Spirit
1x Profane Command
1x Bloodchief Ascension
1x Polluted Bonds

1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Yawgmoth's will

1x Barter in Blood
1x Consuming Vapors

1x Damnation
1x Mutilate
1x Decree of Pain
1x Plague Wind
1x Black Sun'z Zenith
1x All is Dust

1x Mind Twist
1x Syphon Mind
1x Words of Waste

1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Sign in Blood
1x Promise of Power
1x Skeletal Scrying

1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Beseech the Queen

Artifacts: 13
1x Sol Ring
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Gauntlet of Power
1x Extraplanar Lens
1x Rings of Brighthearth
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Nightmare Lash
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mindslaver
1x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Expedition Map
1x Mimic Vat
1x Altar of Shadows

This is a 102 cards deck, please suggest which two cards i should remove, the general is now Drana/Geth! :cool:

bokwinkle
01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Cards to Cut

Plague Wind
Sorin Markov
Fleshbag Marauder
Steel Hellkite
Rings of brighthearth
Nightmare lash
Polluted Bonds
Altar Of shadows
Swamp

Generally these cards are in the range of either being too expensive and harsh on your curve without an appropriate upside (Altar and Plague Winds are prime examples), or their upside relies on other cards that you don't have enough of to make work (rings and nightmare lash). I only sing out sorin because I think he's cheezy. Also, you can run 39 mana sources easilly - Including Sol Ring, so I'd actually cut 3 swamps and add Bojuka Bog. Graveyards are way too commonly abused in this format to have no graveyard disruption. I pointed at Marauder because giving your opponents sacrifice outlets generally isn't good unless you do it ALOT and/or have a bunch of token making options.

I'm still all about adding some low-costed creatures with discard options as well, probably these guys:

Undead Gladiator
Cackling Fiend
Dauthi Mindripper
Earsplitting Rats

And a couple more mass discard spells, probably these:

Mind Sludge
Mind Shatter

I keep preaching discard because sometimes it's your ONLY option for getting rid of certain cards (like artifacts and enchantments)

Personally I'd still cut a couple more swamps for at least these

Thran Dynamo
Everflowing Chalice
Jet Medallion
Darksteel Ignot

I know how you feel about these, but I think You'll find that the accelleration is really handy when you need to be able to play a sweeper AND a creature to get ahead on the board.

Lastly I'd add some utility removal spells to deal with cards that just wreck your day:

Lux Cannon
Duplicant

Again...just suggestions, but something to think about anyway. good luck!

Rebirth
01-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Cards to Cut

Plague Wind
Sorin Markov
Fleshbag Marauder
Steel Hellkite
Rings of brighthearth
Nightmare lash
Polluted Bonds
Altar Of shadows
Swamp

Generally these cards are in the range of either being too expensive and harsh on your curve without an appropriate upside (Altar and Plague Winds are prime examples), or their upside relies on other cards that you don't have enough of to make work (rings and nightmare lash). I only sing out sorin because I think he's cheezy. Also, you can run 39 mana sources easilly - Including Sol Ring, so I'd actually cut 3 swamps and add Bojuka Bog. Graveyards are way too commonly abused in this format to have no graveyard disruption. I pointed at Marauder because giving your opponents sacrifice outlets generally isn't good unless you do it ALOT and/or have a bunch of token making options.

I'm still all about adding some low-costed creatures with discard options as well, probably these guys:

Undead Gladiator
Cackling Fiend
Dauthi Mindripper
Earsplitting Rats

And a couple more mass discard spells, probably these:

Mind Sludge
Mind Shatter

I keep preaching discard because sometimes it's your ONLY option for getting rid of certain cards (like artifacts and enchantments)

Personally I'd still cut a couple more swamps for at least these

Thran Dynamo
Everflowing Chalice
Jet Medallion
Darksteel Ignot

I know how you feel about these, but I think You'll find that the accelleration is really handy when you need to be able to play a sweeper AND a creature to get ahead on the board.

Lastly I'd add some utility removal spells to deal with cards that just wreck your day:

Lux Cannon
Duplicant

Again...just suggestions, but something to think about anyway. good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions, but in my play group we play with 4-5 people and though everybody brings a strong deck like uril, etc, we don't want to play super lame cards. Mass discard like sludge, mind shatter lock out 1 opponent out of the game and kills the fun, we play for the fun and epicness of it, not a super copmpetitive format, those are legacy and standard. I can't really go to the discard route, the mind twist is there because it is original discard spell and just badass, i had to include it :D

I have been thinking about cutting Nightmare Lash and add Silvermist Cloak lol. Rings will be just insane with geth/drana so i can't take that out, might take out the hellkite and that leaves another card to be removed...

So this is another updated version:

1x Cabal Coffers
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mystifying Maze
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Strip Mine
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wasteland
1x Thawing Glaciers
1x Bojuka Bog
30x Swamp

1x Sorin Markov
1x Liliana Vess

Creatures: 17
1x Dread
1x Helldozer
1x Grave Titan
1x Reiver Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Nirkana Revenant
1x Butcher of Malakir
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Magus of the Coffers
1x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Graveborn Muse
1x Wurmcoil Engine

1x Corrupt
1x Exsanguinate
1x Consume Spirit
1x Profane Command
1x Bloodchief Ascension
1x Polluted Bonds

1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Yawgmoth's will

1x Barter in Blood
1x Consuming Vapors

1x Damnation
1x Mutilate
1x Decree of Pain
1x Plague Wind
1x Black Sun'z Zenith
1x All is Dust

1x Mind Twist
1x Syphon Mind
1x Words of Waste

1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Sign in Blood
1x Promise of Power
1x Skeletal Scrying

1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Beseech the Queen

1x Sol Ring
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Gauntlet of Power
1x Extraplanar Lens
1x Rings of Brighthearth
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Whispersilk Cloak
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mindslaver
1x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Expedition Map
1x Mimic Vat
1x Altar of Shadows

Added Bojuka bog, whispersilk and removed nightmare lash, swamp, steel hellkite!

Rebirth
01-31-2011, 05:47 AM
Okey after some brainstorming with friends we dropped the discard cards, if i want to play discard cards i should base my deck around it to abuse it well.

This is oldschool MBC, big creatures, sweepers, removal, card draw, drain effects and awesomeness! Thanks for all the help guys! this is the final version now with Drana/Geth as general!

1x Cabal Coffers
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mystifying Maze
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Strip Mine
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wasteland
1x Thawing Glaciers
1x Bojuka Bog
30x Swamp

1x Sorin Markov
1x Liliana Vess

Creatures: 18
1x Dread
1x Helldozer
1x Grave Titan
1x Reiver Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Nirkana Revenant
1x Butcher of Malakir
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Magus of the Coffers
1x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Graveborn Muse
1x Wurmcoil Engine
1x Duplicant

1x Corrupt
1x Exsanguinate
1x Consume Spirit
1x Profane Command
1x Bloodchief Ascension
1x Polluted Bonds

1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Yawgmoth's will

1x Barter in Blood
1x Consuming Vapors

1x Damnation
1x Mutilate
1x Decree of Pain
1x Plague Wind
1x Black Sun'z Zenith
1x All is Dust

Draws: 5
1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Ancient Craving
1x Promise of Power
1x Skeletal Scrying
1x Syphon Mind

1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Beseech the Queen

1x Sol Ring
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Gauntlet of Power
1x Extraplanar Lens
1x Rings of Brighthearth
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Whispersilk Cloak
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mindslaver
1x Akroma's Memorial
1x Expedition Map
1x Mimic Vat
1x Altar of Shadows

EDIT: made some more changes, took out Jitte for Akroma's Memorial and Sign in Blood for Ancient Craving!