PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

LegacyInferno
03-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I am absolutely in love with Kamahl, Fist of Krosa as a general in my edh/commander deck

any input on what i should do to modify this deck would be greatly appreciated:

Land:
Forest x 31
Mishra’s Factory
Oran-Rief, The Vastwood
Treetop Village

Artifact:
Ensnaring Bridge
Sensei’s Divining Top
Mind’s Eye
Tormod’s Crypt
Nim Deathmantle
Spine of Ish Sah
Relic of Progenitus
Venser’s Journal
Duplicant
Myr Battlesphere
Steel Hellkite
Platinum Angel

Instant:
Harrow
Moment’s Peace
Krosan Grip
Naturalize
Worldly Tutor
Vitalize
Nature’s Claim

Sorcery
Rampant Growth
Regrowth
Weird Harvest
Tooth and Nail
Creeping Mold
Howl of the Nightpack
Rude Awakening
Cultivate
Scouting Trek
Hurricane
Harmonize
Kodama’s Reach
Recollect
Reap and Sow

Enchantment:
Lurking Predators

Creatures:
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Terra Stomper
Forgotten Ancient
Verdant Force
Phyrexian Hydra
Fierce Empath
Vigor
Chameleon Colossus
Elvish Piper
Sylvan Ranger
Terastodon
Rampaging Baloths
Viridian Shaman
Thornling
Farhaven Elf
Spearbreaker Behemoth
Thornweald Archer
Wolfbriar Elemental
Uktabi Orangutan
Mossbridge Troll
Genesis
Yavimaya Elder
Primeval Titan
Eternal Witness
Rhox
Kalonian Behemoth
Krosan Tusker
Elvish Visionary
Yavimaya Granger
Artisan of Kozilek

Zzharg
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Due to the nature of the format, it would be pretty wrong of me to say that choices A, B, and C are wrong, and that you have to play X, Y, and Z in their place. That said, you do have a few cards in there that look a little weaker than the other options availlable. For example:

Spine of Ish Sah - no way to abuse this card
Wierd Harvest - why let all of the other players find their win conditions (there are political reasons to run this card sometimes, I'll admit)
Tormod's Crypt/Relic of Progenitus - only 1 of these is required
Naturalize/Nature's Claim - there are creatures that can do this as well, making them stronger choices
Harrow - there are better forest tutors available for the same mana
Terra Stomper - unless you are playing in an area where counterspells run rampant, don't bother
Phyrexian Hydra - only 1 infect guy? Why bother?

There also cards which I believe should be auto-includes in a Kamahl deck, such as those below. Note that you haven't stated that you are working to a budget, so I'm going to assume you want a list of cards that you either have available to you, or that you intend to trade for.

Creatures:
Silklash Spider - an amazing way to stop fliers, without needing to have haste
Wood Elves - finds a Forest
Fauna Shaman - finds a creature, any creature (i.e. Eternal Witness 8/10, Acidic Slime 1/10, other 1/10)
Acidic Slime/ Indrik Stomphowler/ Mold Shambler/ Nullmage Shepherd - destroy target x. I run all 4.
Primordial Sage - draw cards is good

Artifacts:
Helm of Possession - read this as: sac a forest, gain control of target creature
Skullclamp - read this as sac a forest, draw 2 cards
Nevinyrrals Disk/All is Dust - Green has very few ways to reset the board, I prefer disk but I think you need something. Both also combine with Kamahl to destroy all lands that you animate.
Gauntet of Power - mana, good

Enchantments:
Survival of the Fittest - more ways to find specific answers are good. Expensive but a great card
Fecundity - draw cards, this is a global effect but you'll likely lose more guys to it than most
Mana Reflection - double your mana?
Wild Pair - see Survival of the Fittest
Sylvan Library - MVC, if this is in play I generally take more damage from this card than from all of my opponents combined. Top no. 2!
Vernal Bloom - again, mana is good

Instants:
Lignify - takes out a general, and stops it from doing anything at all. Not bad for a 2cc green instant
Sprout Swarm - Makes dudes. Lots of dudes. Kamahl likes dudes.
Chord of Calling - see Survival of the Fittest

Sorceries:
Green Sun's Zenith - see Survival of the Fittest
Genesis Wave - best reason to play green?
Desert Twister - even black doesn't have a card that does this, and it's cheaper than Spine of Ish Sah

Gaea's Cradle - an amazing land, don't play a mono green general without this card. Combine with Deserted Temple and Mana Reflection
Temple of the False God - 2 mana from 1 land
Terrain Generator - a land that can accelerate you
High Market/Miren, the Moaning Well - sac a creature that would die anyway, or be stolen, and gain benefits
Strip Mine/Wasteland/Ghost Quarter - destroy any abusive lands, like Gaea's Cradle or Cabal Coffers
Dryad Arbor - a 1/1 guy who is also a forest (that can be tutored for by Wood Elves)

Sorry, I think I ended up giving you half my deck! There a lot of synergies available, but I love using Gaea's Cradle to good effect, as there are very few generals (Wort, Sisay, Momir Vig, and Ulasht spring to mind) that can abuse it more.

I hope that helps, apologies for the long post.