PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Monday night tournament in Signal Hill, CA

neenjafus
05-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey All,

I wanted to let you know about a new, weekly, legacy tournament in Signal Hill (next to Long Beach). The people who run the shop seem interested in supporting this new tournament so I'd love to see some people show up next week to play. Personally, I miss having a weekday tournament that I can attend as weekends are quite difficult for me due to other obligations.

Feel free to post with any questions, thanks!

City: Signal Hill, CA
Place: Legendary Lotus
Address: 2601 East 28th Street, Unit 310, Signal Hill, CA 90755
When: Every Monday at 7 pm
Entry Fee: $5
Attendance: Just starting on the 9th. Hoping for 8+ and to grow from there
Structure: 3 or more rounds based on attendance
Prize: All entry fee back into prizes via legacy playable cards. Probably starting with fetchlands

I attend this shop regularly for limited and standard events. This will start May 9th and we'll hopefully be able to have a tournament every week from there.

zero92835
05-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Will the prizes scale up to cards such as Wasteland and Duals? Or will it remain in cards around the $15-25 range?

neenjafus
05-06-2011, 12:39 PM
They are planning on scaling the prizes up. They are currently mostly a standard/limited shop so most of their cards are standard legal. That said, they have been buying eternal cards and I believe they have some blue duals that they should be open to putting up as prizes if attendance and entry fees can support it.

Their basic prize structure is to put the entrance fees directly into prizes 100% (using TCG low prices) so they are just limited by card availability and attendance/entry fees. I imagine that, if we had 8 people and everyone wanted to pay a bit more entrance fee, they'd be fine with putting up a trop.

They are really flexible and will pretty much do whatever we want as long as it is fair for both them and us.