PDA

View Full Version : Oona - Multiplayer

gamergc
05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I've been reading the source for several months and am now making my first post.

This is my favorite EDH deck. I play both 1v1 and Multiplayer. Basically, the point is to get ahead using artifact acceleration to power out huge draw effects. Then I use cheap, often free, disruption to protect my position in the game. I tend to save counters for things that outright win the game or destroy all artifacts. I intentionally chose not to include Power Artifact or Basalt Monolith because I prefer to play a longer game. My infinite combos are Rings of Brighthearth + Doubling Cube + Voltaic Key or Rings + Cabal Coffers + Deserted Temple. I also play a few fatties like Geth and Myr Battlesphere to be able to play a non-combo deck. The point of the deck is to be powerful and fun, but not necessarily broken and hated out.

Cards I know I want to add: Mana Drain, Flooded Strand.

I have a Vampiric Tutor, but I don't play it in this deck because of the card disadvantage, am I just dumb?

Any suggestions?

Lands
1 Academy Ruins
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Cabal Coffers
1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Darkwater Catacombs
1 Deserted Temple
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Marsh Flats
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mouth of Ronom
1 Petrified Field
1 Polluted Delta
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Seat of the Synod
8 Snow-Covered Island
3 Snow-Covered Swamp
1 Strip Mine
1 Sunken Ruins
1 Temple of the False God
1 Tolaria West
1 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vault of Whispers
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Watery Grave

1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Opal
1 Brittle Effigy
1 Executioner's Capsule
1 Expedition Map
1 Mana Vault
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Pithing Needle
1 Sol Ring
1 Voltaic Key
1 Dimir Signet
1 Doubling Cube
1 Grim Monolith
1 Coalition Relic
1 Rings of Brighthearth
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Dreamstone Hedron

1 Dark Confidant
1 Gilded Drake
1 Trinket Mage
1 Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 Arcanis the Omnipotent
1 Consecrated Sphinx
1 Geth, Lord of the Vault
1 Visara the Dreadful
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Reiver Demon
1 Oona, Queen of the Fae

1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Sorin Markov

1 Pact of Negation
1 Brainstorm
1 Pongify
1 Copy Artifact
1 Counterspell
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Echoing Truth
1 Exsanguinate
1 Go for the Throat
1 Mind Shatter
1 Mind Spring
1 Muddle the Mixture
1 Compulsive Research
1 Fabricate
1 Forbid
1 Necropotence
1 Phyrexian Arena
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Control Magic
1 Cryptic Command
1 Damnation
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Snuff Out
1 Force of Will
1 Misdirection
1 Treachery
1 Recurring Insight
1 All Is Dust
1 Decree of Pain

xXxBretWeedxXx
05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Vampiric Tutor is sometimes better than demonic tutor as it allows you to start your turn with the right card, full mana and without passing the turn having demonic tutored scaring people knowing you're going to go crazy soon.

Lilliana Vess is pretty good in this style of deck too, basically put as many tutors as possible in the deck for consistency. It's definitely better than Sorin.

Davran
05-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Blue Sun's Zenith seems like a good fit here either as a replacement for Mind Spring or an additional copy. It's instant speed, and for the low price of U you get to shuffle it back into your deck.

Forbiddian
05-21-2011, 09:05 PM
1) If you don't want to be "that guy" then don't play Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Mana Drain, Demonic Tutor, Necropotence, Forbid, etc. etc. Since you are obviously completely and utterly "that guy" then you should just embrace it and run Power Artifact and Basalt Monolith.

Basalt Monolith is a strict improvement over Doubling Cube (which nets less mana than Basalt Monolith until you have NINE mana in your pool (and it won't combo out with Rings until you have TEN mana in your pool). Basalt Monolith, on the other hand, goes infinite if you have 2, and it's an effective mana ramp. After you have both Basalt and Grim Monoliths, Power Artifact is obviously a good pick.

2) Someone else mentioned it, but Mind Spring is worse than Stroke in 1v1 and worse than USZ in multiplayer.

3) Especially with Tolaria West and Expedition Map, you should be running Tolarian Academy. I'd definitely add it over Cabal Coffers because:

a) It's harder to get 3 swamps than 1 artifact (and 4 swamps vs. 2 artifacts, etc.)
b) You don't have to spend the mana all at once.
c) It's generally more useful to get U than B anyway, and your deck runs quite a bit more U than B requirements.

But if Cabal Coffers is actually good (I *highly* doubt it, as you basically need to combo it with Urborg given you only have like 6 swamps in the whole deck) and even then it's still not useful until turn 4), then you'll want to cut something else like Temple of the False God (which should be Ancient Tomb, now that we're on how much Temple of the False God sucks).

4) Forbid is not good in your deck. You're likely to use countermagic only in case of a gamebreaking spell being played, so there is almost certainly going to be a counterwar going on, and Forbid is terrible in counterwars. You don't run that much draw (only Necro, Bob, and Phyrexian Arena that could be played early).

Forbid should be at the very least Hinder (you can send your opp's general to the bottom). But an even better improvement would be Remand.

Sims
05-21-2011, 10:01 PM
3) Especially with Tolaria West and Expedition Map, you should be running Tolarian Academy. I'd definitely add it over Cabal Coffers because:

a) It's harder to get 3 swamps than 1 artifact (and 4 swamps vs. 2 artifacts, etc.)
b) You don't have to spend the mana all at once.
c) It's generally more useful to get U than B anyway, and your deck runs quite a bit more U than B requirements.

But if Cabal Coffers is actually good (I *highly* doubt it, as you basically need to combo it with Urborg given you only have like 6 swamps in the whole deck) and even then it's still not useful until turn 4), then you'll want to cut something else like Temple of the False God (which should be Ancient Tomb, now that we're on how much Temple of the False God sucks).

I agreed with pretty much everything you said, for a change, except for the Temple of the False God part. It's almost staple in EDH, the card is a pretty good land.. I just wanted to point out on this point that Academy is banned in EDH/Commander according to the official list. Unless they are playing house rules, the coffers is very understandable if a bit sketchy.

Davran
05-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Forbid should be at the very least Hinder (you can send your opp's general to the bottom). But an even better improvement would be Remand.

I like Faerie Trickery in Oona. Remand is nice for the cantrip and all, but if your opponent is playing something you want to counter putting it back into his hand seems like a bad idea...especially in a big mana format like EDH.

gamergc
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I added Blue Sun's Zenith this weekend. (Jace had to go back in my type2 deck with PTQs coming up again) The reason I run Mind Shatter and Mind Spring is because I can tutor for them with Muddle the Mixture. It's important to be able to Muddle for gas or for a backbreaking disruption spell. Also, with Rings, I can copy the transmute for value :) One of my favorite things about the deck is the incremental value that Rings provides.

I actually cut Hinder for Forbid and haven't looked back. Maybe the people I play against don't play enough countermagic (they don't), but being able to protect Forbid has been pretty easy so far. Consecrated Sphinx or Necro locks them out.

Cabal Coffers used to be amazing with Emrakul or Time Spiral. I put Time Spiral in my cube and don't want to buy another one now that they are 500% more expensive. I tried Ancient Tomb, but unless I'm playing the Basalt Monolith/Power Artifact version, it will kill me before I can win. I'm already the #1 target at whatever table I play at, even if I'm playing a bad deck.

Re: powerlevel. I'm considering cutting Necro because it makes winning elementary in 1v1. Sol Ring and Demonic are run in everyone's deck, so it's ok. What I want is a deck that is challenging to win with but still quite powerful. I don't want to look at my opening hand and see a tutor and a Basalt Monolith/Power Artifact/Grim Monolith, etc and just know I'm going to win on turn 4-5 or whatever. I prefer to play a long, complicated game, Decree for a bunch of cards and combo out after a decent game has been played. I'm not entirely happy with my alternate win conditions. I would love something like Avenger of Zendikar. Maybe Blightsteel Colossus? The only way I can cheat him in is Kuldotha Forgemaster. I want a strong way to win through damage. Geth seems to instantly die as soon as I play him... I used to run Rite of Replication as a big win condition, but it can be awful in 1v1 if they don't give me a good target.

Thanks for all the great suggestions again.

Davran
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I use Mindleech Mass in my Oona deck as sort of a crazy alternate finisher...who knows, maybe your buddy playing green has an Avenger of Zendikar in his hand and all of your dreams will come true.

Rite of Replication is a staple blue card for me. It's saved me more times than I can count.

I also have Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief in my list as an alternate finisher, though I haven't managed much testing with her. It's mostly a hold over from when I used to run her as a general. I figured that since I ported over the same mana engine (Coffers + Urborg + Rings + Deserted Temple) she'll still randomly get there.

gamergc
05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
If you have infinite mana and nobody has Hinder up, you just win though.

I do like Drana as a mana sink. Maybe she'll draw less hate than Geth? She is probably just better to untap with than Geth and more worth defending. If someone tries to kill Geth, I usually just let it happen, but Drana + Coffers + Cube could instantly kill someone. I'll give her a try.

Admiral_Arzar
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Going to bump this as I also play a multiplayer Oona list. I have completely and utterly embraced being "that guy" though, so this list is busted. It's still missing something though, and I'm not sure what, so fire away if you have any suggestions.

General: Oona, Queen of the Fae

Lands

1 Underground Sea
1 Polluted Delta
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Flooded Strand
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Sunken Ruins
1 Salt Marsh
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Academy Ruins
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Svyulenite Temple
1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Vivid Marsh
1 Vivid Creek
A bunch of basics

Artifacts

1 Lotus Petal
1 Lotus Bloom
1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Mox Opal
1 Mox Diamond
1 Chrome Mox
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Sol Ring
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Voltaic Key
1 Grim Monolith
1 Dimir Signet
1 Helm of Awakening
1 Basalt Monolith
1 Rings of Brighthearth
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Worn Powerstone
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Memory Jar

Enchantments

1 Power Artifact
1 Phyrexian Arena
1 Necropotence
1 Future Sight

Creatures

1 Dark Confidant
1 Dimir Infiltrator
1 Etherium Sculptor
1 Trinket Mage
1 Drift of Phantasms
1 Phyrexian Metalmorph
1 Magus of the Future
1 Tidespout Tyrant

Planeswalkers

1 Jace Beleren
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Tezzeret, the Seeker

Spells

1 Pact of Negation
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Preordain
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Dark Ritual
1 Merchant Scroll
1 Impulse
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Cabal Ritual
1 Muddle the Mixture
1 Mind Spring
1 Fabricate
1 Perplex
1 Rebuild
1 Intuition
1 Windfall
1 Frantic Search
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Blue Sun's Zenith
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Ad Nauseum
1 Force of Will
1 Misdirection
1 Recurring Insight
1 Time Spiral
1 All is Dust

The weakest slot IMO is probably Windfall, I've been really disappointed with that card overall. It needs to be Timetwister honestly, but forking over $200 for an EDH card annoys me. That is the same reason why I don't play Imperial Seal as well. One card I definitely need to add is Watery Grave - for some strange reason I don't own one. I also need to cut a few of the weaker taplands for basics or Painlands or whatever, as the tempo loss has become annoying lately (also, getting blown out my Moon effects = fail). Also, Tolaria West needs to go back in - I forgot that it tutors for Mana Crypt.

A few notes on the philosophy of this version of the deck. Originally I ran a lot of smaller draw spells - Night's Whisper, Thoughtcast, Thirst for Knowledge, Fact or Fiction, Telling Time, etc. I found that I didn't want to waste turns casting spells that build incremental card advantage like that - I wanted to be playing either mana, tutors, or ridiculous bombs that net absurd numbers of cards. The planeswalkers and Phyrexian Arena are exceptions to this rule, but they net powerful incremental advantage over time for a very low mana investment, and also serve other purposes. Basically all the colorless lands I once ran have been cut because the deck is so starved for colored mana on the combo turn.

Some cards I'm thinking about adding:
Lim-Dul's Vault
Liliana Vess
Necrologia
Beseech the Queen
Diabolic Tutor

Cards I would add if I owned them:
Timetwister
Grim Tutor
Imperial Seal
Mana Drain
Candelabra of Tawnos

Thoughts, suggestions? The list might be missing some cards, as it's really hard to remember every card off the top of my head.

gamergc
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
What about Transmute Artifact? It can easily assemble the Basalt Monolith/Rings combo.

How about Artificer's Intuition? I've played it online (where I don't have to worry about my friends hating me) and I thought it would be OK. It turned out to be borderline insane. You basically turn any mox or petal into sol ring and mana crypt, then if you ever resolve Yawg Will you just get insane value. I know, Yawg Will should be a win anyway, but I think this might enable a faster win. Perhaps you could cut Impulse? It seems to fit into the category of slow cantrip, costing a whole 2 mana and all.

Do you have enough instants to abuse Unwinding Clock? Probably not... You would need Braingeyser and Stroke of Genius.

Do you need any more protection? Shatterstorms and Disk effects are pretty popular and wreck mana artifacts. I like running Counterspell and Negate.

If you are looking for more draw engines, Shadowmage Infiltrator and Graveborn Muse are certainly worse than Bob and Arena, but they can get the job done. I've found Compulsive and Thirst work better in Multiplayer since people tend to blow up the aforementioned cards.

For lands, I definitely agree on cutting CipT lands. How about Darkwater Catacombs?

I certainly like the "that guy" approach, but I get hated out enough as it is :D

Malchar
06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I think vamp tutor is always work it. Even though you lose 1 card advantage, you will probably gain card advantage when you cast whatever you tutored for. Also, the fact that it's an instant for 1 makes it perhaps better than demonic.

Admiral_Arzar
06-08-2011, 04:50 PM
What about Transmute Artifact? It can easily assemble the Basalt Monolith/Rings combo.

How about Artificer's Intuition? I've played it online (where I don't have to worry about my friends hating me) and I thought it would be OK. It turned out to be borderline insane. You basically turn any mox or petal into sol ring and mana crypt, then if you ever resolve Yawg Will you just get insane value. I know, Yawg Will should be a win anyway, but I think this might enable a faster win. Perhaps you could cut Impulse? It seems to fit into the category of slow cantrip, costing a whole 2 mana and all.

Do you have enough instants to abuse Unwinding Clock? Probably not... You would need Braingeyser and Stroke of Genius.

Do you need any more protection? Shatterstorms and Disk effects are pretty popular and wreck mana artifacts. I like running Counterspell and Negate.

If you are looking for more draw engines, Shadowmage Infiltrator and Graveborn Muse are certainly worse than Bob and Arena, but they can get the job done. I've found Compulsive and Thirst work better in Multiplayer since people tend to blow up the aforementioned cards.

For lands, I definitely agree on cutting CipT lands. How about Darkwater Catacombs?

I certainly like the "that guy" approach, but I get hated out enough as it is :D

Artificer's Intuition and Transmute artifact are good suggestions. I have a friend who swears by Artificer's Intuition (he runs Sharum, which just makes it even dumber). Impulse is one of the worst remaining cards in the deck, so it'll probably get the axe for one of these. I found that running additional protection is actually inferior to just going off faster, especially in a group full of combo decks (seriously, I play against a melee of Sharum, Arcum, Zur, Arcanis, and Niv-Mizzet mostly).

If you already get hated out, there's no reason whatsoever not to run the "that guy" approach. Haters gonna hate, you might as well splooge broken combo all over their face before they can get on with drinking their Haterade.

Admiral_Arzar
06-14-2011, 11:51 AM
If anybody else is playing this deck, I'm at:

-1 Dimir Aqueduct
-1 Vivid Marsh
-1 Impulse
-1 Windfall

+1 Tolaria West
+1 Island
+1 Mystic Remora
+1 Talisman of Dominance

From my list a few posts up. I'm waiting on a friend of mine to hook me up with an Artificer's Intuition as I don't have one for some reason. The deck is nuts, I get turn four kills rather often, usually off of the back of Ad Nauseum (our fastest engine). Turn three has happened, but it's quite rare. Recurring Insight or Necropotence also fuel broken fast wins, but they're a bit slower and less balls-out generally. Mind's Desire also occasionally does ridiculous things (flipped five or six blanks the other day, but the final card was Ad Nauseum LOL). I've also learned that in a field of combo decks, it's often best to not play out all of your artifact mana immediately, as it makes you seem like less of a threat (you also get blown out less by sweepers).

I think vamp tutor is always work it. Even though you lose 1 card advantage, you will probably gain card advantage when you cast whatever you tutored for. Also, the fact that it's an instant for 1 makes it perhaps better than demonic.

In this deck, Vampiric Tutor reads "B: Search your library for the card that wins you the game, and put it on top of your library. You lose 2 life." I think we should all be playing it, no questions asked. In fact, I might punch anybody who isn't.

gamergc
06-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Tolaria West for Pact or Mana Crypt is pretty sweet.

What are your thoughts on Minds Aglow from the Commander decks? Is anyone going to be willing to help you draw cards on your turn?

kingsey
06-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Here is the list I've been working with. I'm looking to make it more...."Comboish" So any infinite mana combos i've missed please let me know what i should take out and what to add. Also i'm sorry but I couldnt figure out how to tag all the cards sorry about that. I was told maybe palinchron? also was going to add helm of obedience since leyline was already in.

11x islands
8x swamp
cabal coffers
river of tears
darkwater catacombs
academy ruins
minamo, school at waters edge
lonely sandbar
tolaria west
watery grave
barren moor
tainted isle
urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
riptide laboratory
sunken ruins
secluded glen
underground river
ghost quarter
terramorphic expanse

---Artifacts-----
Minds eye
gilded lotus
sol ring
nevinrral's disk
sculpting steel
grim monolith
voltaic key
planar portal
basalt monolith
mycosynth lattice
thran dynamo
memory jar
duplicant
gemstone array
darksteel forge
gauntlet of power
dimir signet
expedition map
everflowing chalice
mana vault
rings of brighthearth

---instants---
perplex
memory plunder
desertion
mystical tutor
vampiric tutor
hinder
evacuation
cryptic command
spin into myth
commandeer
lim-dul's vault
rewind
counterspell
mana drain

---enchantments---
rhystic study
leyline of the void
necropotence
future sight
power artifact
parrallel thoughts
no mercy
training grounds(meh)
phrexian arena
black market
propaganda

---sorcerys---
transmute artifact
damnnation
diabolic intent(meh)
profane command
diabolic tutor
demonic tutor
exsanguinate
recurring insight
tunnel vision
decree of pain
time stretch
time warp
rite of replication
knowledge exploitation
beseech the queen
fabricate

---planeswalker---
tezzeret the seeker

---creature---
vendilion clique

Malchar
06-15-2011, 10:49 PM
To add tags, just put at the beginning of the list and at the end of the list.

Admiral_Arzar
06-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Now at -1 Jace Beleren, +1 Artificer's Intuition. We'll see how this goes.

In other news, I cast an end-of-turn Ad Nauseum for 20+ cards on the second turn, prompting the entire table to scoop up their cards when they saw how many combo pieces I flipped. Second turn wins = the lulz. I also powered through a Zur player who had Necro, Solitary Confinement, Greater Auramancy, a lethal Zur, and a handful of countermagic to eliminate the entire table on turn 5. Mind's Desire = the nutz.

@ kingsey: Take a look at my list. I've got it to the point where I've cut most of the fat and just have combo pieces, tutors, mana, and draw engines (which is really all you need other than some light protection). Although I'm still working on it, I think it's getting pretty close to optimized. Be careful not to have so many combos that you don't have room for other stuff. The most important thing, after figuring out which combos you want to run, it to run a ton of fast mana to enable early broken plays.

Sims
06-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Be careful not to have so many combos that you don't have room for other stuff. The most important thing, after figuring out which combos you want to run, it to run a ton of fast mana to enable early broken plays.

This is the point I'm at with my Sharuum deck. I hadn't fully powered it before due to the decks my group was playing with, and i could create infinite mana and drown the table, but it was mostly abusing large robots, blighsteel, spine of ish shah....

I'm re-tuning it and fitting combos back in, and i'm really having trouble figuring how many, which ones, etc...

I'll get there, best way is to test, right?

Admiral_Arzar
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
This is the point I'm at with my Sharuum deck. I hadn't fully powered it before due to the decks my group was playing with, and i could create infinite mana and drown the table, but it was mostly abusing large robots, blighsteel, spine of ish shah....

I'm re-tuning it and fitting combos back in, and i'm really having trouble figuring how many, which ones, etc...

I'll get there, best way is to test, right?

Yes. I have a friend who plays a powered-up Sharum list, and he plays relatively few combos (Sculpting Steel/Metamorph with Disciple, Bitter Ordeal, or Glassdust Hulk is the main one, alternatively Thopter Foundry+Sword of the Meek/Thopter Assembly with Time Sieve). I think he also plays Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth, but that's about it. It's more important to play sufficient mana/tutors/bombs that draw cards than it is to clog your deck with combos.

EDIT: It's more acceptable to play more combos if the pieces are good on their own. For example, Future Sight is pretty good in my list, even without associated combo pieces simply because it provides card advantage.

Sims
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Right. I had the Thopter/Sword + Sieve combo in, and have recently added the disciple back in. I've been thinking of running Leyline in the deck to hose some of the graveyard recursion decks in the metagame and it seemed natural to want to put helm in from there as i can recur it with my general and other cards in the deck already. That might become the extent of it. I'm also adding the Artificer's Intuition toolbox back into the deck, and part of me really wants to go Danger of Cool and put an Enduring Renewal and Blasting Station in the deck with like a memnite to pebbles the table out. I know it's bad and takes up too many slots, but with all the tutors I've got i probably could make it work if for nothing more than Teh Lulz!

gamergc
06-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Unless you are playing for real prizes, there is no reason you can't do something like that for the lulz. Isn't that what EDH is about, anyway? You'll play a couple games where it doesn't work out, but the one where it does is probably worth it, imo.

One of the things I like about Rings / Basalt Monolith is that both pieces are fine on their own. Rings is sweet with fetchlands, transmute, and all manner of other things. Basalt Monolith is just a bad Mana Vault. Another combo is Rings, Grim Monolith and Sculpting Steel/Phyrexian Metamorph. You copy the rings. Tap Monolith for mana, then untap it and copy it twice, you net 1 colorless mana.

Does anyone play online? I find some of the infinite combos are really annoying to implement on there and people don't concede once you start looping through a multi-action combo that just nets a mana or 2.

Sims
06-20-2011, 11:53 AM
I had thought about getting into Legacy/Commander online but unfortunately I don't have the money to sport a collection online while trying to save and pay for a wedding this year and attend 2 others. It was a major reason for downsizing my paper collection to almost nothing. I would still love to have a viable collection online and make some EDh/Commander decks but i'd probably find the same problem with all of the clicking to go through a loop like that to generate an obscene amount of mana.... Normally when i start to go through the Rings/Monolith combo for instance, I end up using top/rings to draw my deck and go for the W. That's got to be a pain in the ass online.

Admiral_Arzar
06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Playing EDH online sounds horrible. Most of the fun of the format is in politics and doing silly/busted stuff, all of which is infinitely better in person, unless you're some sort of socially dead robot.

gamergc
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Haven't played online in quite sometime. Some cards are considerably cheaper on there so, for a while, it was the only place I could play with Mana Crypt, Underground Sea, Mishra's Workshop (still don't have that one).

What do you guys think of Rings of Brighthearth + Magosi, the Waterveil, + Amulet of Vigor? Trinket Mage can find one of the pieces and another part is a land. Seems easy enough to assemble. It works with Deserted Temple too.

Admiral_Arzar
06-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Haven't played online in quite sometime. Some cards are considerably cheaper on there so, for a while, it was the only place I could play with Mana Crypt, Underground Sea, Mishra's Workshop (still don't have that one).

What do you guys think of Rings of Brighthearth + Magosi, the Waterveil, + Amulet of Vigor? Trinket Mage can find one of the pieces and another part is a land. Seems easy enough to assemble. It works with Deserted Temple too.

I've never heard of that one. The one issue is that it requires you to play Amulet of Vigor, which is pretty bad. I suppose it could work though, especially as Amulet is tutorable with Trinket Mage and (!) Artificer's Intuition. It also works with Candelabra of Tawnos, if you happen to have one of those. I'd like to play one, but the huge price tag is annoying.

John Cox
06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Candelabra works with alot of the stuff he already runs though.