PDA

View Full Version : POLL for Knight Ware's 6/26/11 Duals tournament start time and REL

Krieg
05-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Knight Ware Inc. will be holding its next large legacy event on Sunday June 26, 2011
This will be for 2 of each dual plus others

I am looking for feedback on start time. and REL level
(this is my first poll, I hope I have the formatting correct)

We had been starting at 2 PM and ending at about 11 PM or so.
Attendance has been growing and the tournament time has been slowly lengthening
If we keep the 2 PM start time, I will have to hard cap the list at 64 players
(because at 65, we have to add another round)
If I move to a 1 PM start time, I can seat up to 71 players

We had been running the events at regular REL because I wanted to keep the events fun, casual and low key.

1: Keep the 2 PM start time (hard cap at 64 players) and keep the REL at Regular

2: Move the start time to 1 PM (cap at 71 players) and keep the REL at Regular

3: Don't care about the start time, keep the REL at Regular

4: Keep the 2 PM start time (hard cap at 64 players) and move the REL to Competitive

5: Move the start time to 1 PM (cap at 71 players) and move the REL to Competitive

6: Don't care about the start time, move the REL to Competitive

7: Don't care about the start time or the REL level

all comments / suggestions welcome

thanks,

Lori

Koby
05-26-2011, 02:41 AM
I voted to start earlier, and go to competitive. But I'm pretty flexible on the REL - mostly just wish to start earlier. Driving back to OC at 11pm-midnight on a Sunday night is starting to push it.

PanderAlexander
05-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Selected:

5: Move the start time to 1 PM (cap at 71 players) and move the REL to Competitive

More players, an extra round, sounds good. Also since it's real prizes competitive REL sounds good, regular REL can stay with the store credit tournaments.

Jakgotbak
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
1pm is absolutely late enough for people to sleep in, go to church, go to the market, etc. Starting at 2 is just ending another hour later.

As for REL, I agree with Alex. Tournaments for real prizes should be played with judges who have real authority. "Please don't cheat, but I can't do anything about it," is not real authority.