PDA

View Full Version : Elesh Norn, Gaga Cenobite

Sek'Kuar
06-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Well, I've been working on this deck since I got a hold of New Phyrexia. During Mirrodin Besieged I fell in love with the look of the Machine Orthodoxy, the white faction of Phyrexia. They were the perfect blend of Beautiful and elegant, mixed with cold, creepy, porcelain-doll-come-to-life-horror-flick. Then NPH came out and expanded the faction, as well as giving us a praetor that looked like something everyone's favorite over-the-top Diva would wear. Mechanically speaking, another nice bonus to the deck is that it cuts your work in quarters. EDH lifetotal being 40, this deck runs infect, meaning you only need to to 25% of the work another deck would have to do. Without further ado, Lady Norn, Gaga Cenobite:

The Diva
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

The Entourage (Creatures) 23
Angelic Page
Chancellor of the Annex
Dawnglare Invoker
Eternal Dragon
Gore Vassal
Kor Hookmaster
Leonin Relic-Warder
Linvala, Keeper of Silence
Lost Leonin
Priests of Norn
Seht's Tiger
Shattered Angel
Shriek Raptor
Suture Priest
Tine Shrike
Blightsteel Colossus
Core Prowler
Corpse Cur
Ichorclaw Myr
Necropede
Phyrexian Digester
Phyrexian Juggernaut
Plague Myr

The Outfits (Equipment) 6
Bonesplitter
Fireshrieker
Lightning Greaves
Loxodon Warhammer
Skinwing
Whispersilk Cloak

The Props (Artifacts) 9
Caged Sun
Contagion Clasp
Contagion Engine
Darksteel Ingot
Decimator Web
Norn's Annex
Sensei's Divining Top
Sisay's Ring
Throne of Geth

The Choreography (Instants) 16
Akroma's Blessing
Angelsong
Choking Fumes
Condemn
Dawn Charm
Dispatch
Due Respect
Lapse of Certainty
Mana Tithe
Marrow Shards
Path to Exile
Rebuff the Wicked
Reinforcements
Silence
Swords to Plowshares
Wing Shards

The Lightshow (Sorceries) 3
Chronomantic Escape
Topple
Wrath of God

The Memorabilia (Enchantments) 9
Arrest
Exclusion Ritual
Faith's Fetters
Journey to Nowhere
Oblivion Ring
Phyrexian Unlife
Prison Term
Runed Halo
Shackles

The Venue (Lands) 33
Ancient Den
Arid Mesa
Flagstones of Trokair
Flooded Strand
Flood Plain
Grasslands
Inkmoth Nexus
Marsh Flats
Secluded Steppe
Windswept Heath
23 X Plains

The idea is that its a basic mono-white control deck that uses Infect to win. Focus all of your energy on getting at least one poison counter on each opponent. You can try to be aggro if you need, but the beauty of the thing is that if you have to, you can slow down the game, turtle, and proliferate for the win. Norn is there to help punch through for the win, because making all your infect dudes bigger while making all of your opponents dudes smaller is pretty good, or so I hear.

The most notable exclusion is probably Crovax, Ascendant Hero. I did test him, but I found that making my own artifact creatures smaller generally sucks in a bad way. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh! one last note. I have a Ghostly Prison on the way. Not entirely sure what I'm going to replace with it, but I left the list as is, because I refuse to play with proxies and such.

Bignasty197
06-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I watched a 4 player game where this guy had imprinted a Norn's Annex onto a Prototype Portal and nobody else was playing white or mass artifact removal. By the time the Portal got destroyed, he had already made 12 Annex copies. Not sure if you would want to go that route, but Prototype Portal was pretty good. It can also copy Caged Sun or Gauntlet of Might; both of which seem very strong.

It also looks like you need to upgrade to some quality creatures. The white Akroma is pretty much an auto include in a Mono White deck. If you want to go the Aggro route, I would suggest Reya Dawnbringer to get back dead things. Having a Stoneforge Mystic and some equipment could be good. Blightsteel Colossus is really good, but it seems like every time someone has it in their deck, it gets Bribery'd or Aquire'd. These things just off the top of my head. More later.