PDA

View Full Version : Rubinia Soulsinger

ForlornEgoist
06-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Okay, so its been a few months since I last did EDH (I know, wtf) but what can I say, my time has been preoccupied with Legacy Enchantress/Dragon Stompy shennanigans so I've been distracted. I've decided to pick up my old EDH but after looking at it I can tell there are numerous improvements to be made. Here's what I have thus far:

Note: Unfortunately the duals/fetches are already in use in Legacy decks and I am lacking blue entirely from my collection so I'm afraid my manabase will have a slight handicap. Work with me on this as best you can.

Rubinia Soulsinger

White
Magus of the Disk
Mangara of Corondor
Austere Command
Swords to Plowshare
Rout
Condemn
Momentary Blink
Return to Dust
Aura of Silence
Oblivion Ring
Hallowed Burial
Enlightened Tutor

Blue
Mulldrifter
Stronghold Machinist
Draining Whelk
Arcanis the Omnipotent
Ertai, Wizard Adept
Rewind
Faerie Trickery
Hinder
Rhystic Study
Compulsion

Green
Eternal Witness
Loaming Shaman
Seedborn Muse
Viridian Zealot
Nantuko Vigilante
Acidic Slime
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Genesis
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Defense of the Heart
Explosive Vegetation
Kodama's Reach
Sylvan Library
Regrowth
Nostalgic Dreams
Wordly Tutor

Multi
Hanna, Ship's Navigator
Mystic Snake
Overbeing of Myth
Murkfiend Liege
Experiment Kraj
Ith, High Arcanist
Captain Sisay
Trygon Predator
Spitting Image
Voidslime
Bant Charm
Dueling Grounds

Artifact
Static Orb
Winter Orb
Relic of Progenitus
Crawlspace
Coalition Relic
Lightning Greaves
Silent Arbiter
Thousand-Year Elixir
Altar of Dementia
Rings of Brighthearth
Coldsteel Heart
Nevinyrral's Disk
Sensei's Divining Top

Lands
5 Plains
8 Island
6 Forest
Lonely Sandbar
Secluded Steppe
Tranquil Thicket
Azorious Chancery
Simic Growth Chamber
Selesnya Sanctuary
Gemstone Mine
Reliquary Tower
Seaside Citadel
Eiganjo Castle
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Okina, Temple to Grandfathers
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Treva's Ruins
Pendelhaven
Tolaria

When I was making the deck I had several ideas in mind. First and foremost I was fond of abusing abilities such as Rubinia's, Sisays, and Arcanis' via Thousand Year Elixir, Rings of Brighthearth and Minamo, School at Water's Edge. Each of the prospective abilities helped me to get a step above my opponents who were busing developing board position while I sat back.

The second concept I had were using lock pieces such as Winter Orb and Static Orb to lock my opponents down while I retained Seedborn Muse to help me stay on top.

The issue I know I've had in the past is firstly it takes me a great deal of time to set all this up. In most games I was such a nonthreat people rarely cared what I was doing and left me alone. While this fact alone has won me some games I would rather have a more proactive deck.

The last time I even altered the card base significantly was maybe 1-2 years ago of which we have had numerous sets released that have provided useful cards. So, I would like suggestions to improve this. I may consider removing blue as all I really care about are Arcanis/Whelk/Mulldrifter. Perhaps limiting blue can open me up to better cards in the other colors. Anyway, help me O' Knowledgeable Ones!

Forlorn Egoist

Bignasty197
06-05-2011, 09:57 AM
If you want to play blue in EDH, you really need Bribery and Consecrated Sphinx. If you want to play white, you should have Wrath of God or Day of Judgment and Ghostly Prison. If you are playing green, you should have Tooth and Nail with a few good fatties to fetch up. You are also playing a 3-color deck with limited mana fixing, so Darksteel Ingot and Mirari's Wake would be nice here.

majikal
06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
If you're playing Rubinia, you need to have some sacrifice outlets to take advantage of her ability to the fullest.

Lands:
Diamond Valley
Miren, the Moaning Well
High Market

Enchantments:
Greater Good (seriously, probably the best card in the format)