PDA

View Full Version : 6-17 Pawtucket RI: Commander Launch Party at Die Hard Games! FTV:Legends as prize!

Dxfiler
06-08-2011, 12:32 AM
*I normally don't post non-Legacy tourneys in this forum. I'm only doing so because many of our Legacy players are also Commander players. Also, included prizes are From the Vault: Legends, and those are always desired by the legacy crowd :D
---------

Friday 6/17 Commander Launch Party at Die Hard Games!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3659/5824988277_645d365e02.jpg
Promos for every event you enter! Prizes include Store Credit, Commander theme decks and
FROM THE VAULT: LEGENDS!

1005 Main st #2230
Pawtucket, RI 08260
(401) 312-3407
DHGRI.com and Facebook: Die Hard Games

Format: Bring your own Commander Deck! 99 cards + Avatar
4 player Chaos events beginning at 3pm, Grand Melee at 8pm.

$5 Chaos Events starting at 3pm and running all night! 4 Player! Mini-Tourney Prizes:
1st: $20 credit and 2nd: $10 credit in each chaos event!
All participating players will receive an exclusive Commander Promo while Supplies last!

Grand Melee: 8pm start: Non-chaos. Entry: $10
All participating players will receive an exclusive Commander Promo while Supplies last!

Grand Melee Prizes!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5191/5810999124_d4fbb96040.jpg
At 8 players-
1st: Free Commander Theme Deck of your choosing + option to pre-order a limited edition From The Vault: Legends at Retail ($34.99)!
2nd: Free Commander Theme Deck of your choosing
3rd/4th: $10 credit each

At 12 Players-
1st AND 2nd: EACH receive Free Commander Theme Deck of your choosing + option to pre-order a limited edition From The Vault: Legends at Retail ($34.99)!
3rd/4th: $20 credit each!
5th/6th: $10 credit each!

At 16 or more Players:
Top 4: EACH Receive Free Commander Theme Deck of your choosing + option to pre-order a limited edition From: The Vault Legends at Retail ($34.99)!
5th-8th: $10 credit each!

Prizes for Grand Melee event will continue to scale based on attendance!*

Players for all Commander events may bring their own Commander constructed decks!

Players who don't own a Commander deck will be able to purchase a Pre-constructed deck ready to play! Full Commander Rules are available at MTGCommander.net.

We hope you join us for our Commander Launch Party Friday June 17th at DHG!

- Dave

*If we run out of Commander decks, that prize will be replaced with $30 credit each, but Grand Melee winners will still be able to pre-order the very limited edition FTV: Legends and can even use the credit they just won towards it if they wish!

That nice guy
06-08-2011, 09:11 AM
As someone who only plays Eternal, I'm glad Dave posted this here. It should be fun, if I'm still here I'm down.

That nice guy
06-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Chaos Events

Grand Melee: 8pm start: Non-chaos.

Before I build a deck for this; what exactly are the rules on Chaos and Non-Chaos?

I understand in non-chaos you can only attack left and right, but how do things like global effects work? If I have a sphere of resistance on the board does every player pay one more?, or just the people left and right of me? Can I target people and their creatures with spells across the table?

Also, are you using any house rules/bannings? Optional mulligan rules? Sideboarding rules?

Anything else I should know?

Dxfiler
06-16-2011, 03:13 AM
MTGcommander.net has pretty good explanation of everything and rules, but I can go over the big stuff:

Chaos is everyone for themselves. Rules are you can attack anyone. Grand Melee is only attacking people to your immediate right or left. Spells can target anyone.

I'm doing official bannings, shown on mtgcommander.net. All standard rules really. Sideboard is I believe 10 cards. Good if you use cards like Living or Cunning Wish.

Some stuff isn't completely decided yet, if the turnout is big enough I'll probably split the Grand Melee into pods so people aren't waiting 10 minutes to take their turn :p

Reaction to this has been very positive. First time I've devoted an event entirely to EDH/Commander, but looking forward to it!

See you Friday hopefully!

- Dave

P.S. JR did that bomb flyer. Had to add it to main post ;)

Dxfiler
06-18-2011, 04:40 PM
We had a very good turnout of 40+ for this event and thank everyone for coming. 5 Chaos flights went off plus a 21 person Grand Melee!

Combo was very prevalent and won all the from the vaults, so the format definitely needs some work, but everyone seemed to have fun. Aluren and Trade Secrets are both on my personal watch list. Tendrils and Cloudstone Curio are also potentials in my opinion.

Due to the overwhelming response we've received for this, EDH will now be part of our weekly events! =) Saturdays we will offer Grand Melee and Chaos events once we move to our new location in august.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting this and we hope you'll join us for our Grand Re-opening Legacy Sunday August 7th! http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?21154-8-7-Lincoln-RI-Die-Hard-Games-Grand-Re-opening-Sunday-Legacy!-New-Location!-%29

- Dave