PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Tournament 7-23-2011 @ Fanfare Kalamazoo, MI $5 buy in 10 proxy

Razer51
06-10-2011, 01:22 PM
$5 to play, 10 proxy event. $.25 per proxy added to the cost to buy in. Payout is store credit to top 4, every dollar we take in gets paid out in prize support. The next event is 7-23, and then again on 8-20. If we get enough turnout in June and July I will put up some prize support for the August event (Force of Will, Wasteland, Duals, some sweet Legacy staple based on turnout). So come support please!!

Fanfare Sports and Entertainment
4415 S.Westnedge Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Phone: (269) 349-8866
Store Hours: Mon-Sat 10-8, Sun 12-5
Reg starts at 11 play starts at noon

Facebook event page (you can preregister for the event via a link on this page)

Hit me up with any questions
razer51 at hotmail dot com

Razer51
07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Even though no one signs up on the store or facebook we do usually get 14-24 people at these monthly events.

jnosrati
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I go to K college and unfortunately am on study abroad. I highly support ant legacy plans in Kalamazoo, and wish this shop my best. I hope you are running 2x duels by the time i come back. When I come back, I'll be bringing 5 or 6 fully loaded tier 1 decks to let anyone borrow. (merfolk, zoo, stax, bug lanbdstill, mono red burn, dredge, maybe something with moats)

Tip of advice for running tournaments. Put the link to the facebook event on the source, and vice versa. When you start running big ones with cards as prize support, Don't be afraid to take a few hits in the begining to attract people. My local shop (mtgdeals) threw a free 2x duals and a free mox emerald to get publicity. They probably broke even from trading with the appreciative players all day. Now they have 40+ people who play legacy for 20 bucks every other week and ten bucks every other week.

Good luck guys, I wish you success.